PDA

View Full Version : What do you

N12 JLK
11th January 2008, 10:40 PM
all think I should do to our MINI, most of you have seen it so Im asking for genuine answers of what you think would enhance our car or is it best left alone?

Mr N
(or should I get another, slap from Les :eek: )

Ps sideskirts are to expensive for what they are, read and weap BMW.

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2008, 10:42 PM
JCW Tuning kit mate. Big difference once it's settled in.:D

A.;)

Craig
11th January 2008, 10:56 PM
set of eibach springs to lower it a wee bit...

set of jcw wheels, I know a man who will have a set for sale soon veeeery cheap...

Spots? or don't you like the look of them?

I have a lovely exhaust taking up space in my garage that I could sell you for a very good price.. ;)

The Dogfather
12th January 2008, 12:26 AM
Trade it in for an MX5....... ;)

Just kidding, do you want to go quicker or look flasher?

Craig's exhaust might be an option, I love a car that sounds like it can go. My MX5 is a real disappointment, well at least until I can get a proper exhaust sorted....

Sweeney
12th January 2008, 12:27 AM
What sort of budget? cosmetic (interior/exterior?) engine enhancements, chassis enhancement?

Scottie
12th January 2008, 12:35 AM
leave it alone.

KenL
12th January 2008, 01:06 AM
leave it alone.

agreed, or get the JCW upgrade - but only if you really need the extra power.

midge
12th January 2008, 01:16 AM
Black mesh grill!

john
12th January 2008, 08:29 AM
Keep it standard!!

no warranty or insurance hassles;)

Crombers
12th January 2008, 10:31 AM
Keep it standard!!

no warranty or insurance hassles;)

Agree re the warranty but once past 3 years, switch to Adrian Flux & mod away.
(as long as your an old git & have wads of no claims history ;) )

Crombers
12th January 2008, 10:37 AM

set of jcw wheels, I know a man who will have a set for sale soon veeeery cheap...

I have a lovely exhaust taking up space in my garage that I could sell you for a very good price.. ;)

:eek: :confused: Can't believe nobody has snapped up that zorst of yours, it looks & sounds the bo//ocks mate.

Craig
12th January 2008, 10:46 AM
:eek: :confused: Can't believe nobody has snapped up that zorst of yours, it looks & sounds the bo//ocks mate.

yeah, some numptie went and spent a fortune on a car stereo instead..:eek: :rolleyes: .

just waiting on him to come back to me with the readies..:cool:

Ivano
12th January 2008, 12:22 PM
Eibach Springs are great so would recommend them..

Lohen do the Silvatec Ultra Clear front lenses which i have. Gets rid of the so called Fried Egg Effect from the sidelights.. Gives it a nice clear, subtle look.... A cheap mod for about £15 (See link below for pic of my MINI with them)

The Alta Short Antenna is a nice wee touch too and you still get perfect radio reception (well i do anyway)

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14&d=1182352191

FergusM
12th January 2008, 05:09 PM
yeah, some numptie went and spent a fortune on a car stereo instead..:eek: :rolleyes: .

just waiting on him to come back to me with the readies..:cool:

Tis me... I am that numptie....:o

Loved it, just have to wait till my pennies re-surface and hope nobody else want it... ;)

Unless you do an installment plan ;)

...And stereo is excellent :)

FergusM
12th January 2008, 05:16 PM
Eibach Springs are great so would recommend them..

Lohen do the Silvatec Ultra Clear front lenses which i have. Gets rid of the so called Fried Egg Effect from the sidelights.. Gives it a nice clear, subtle look.... A cheap mod for about £15 (See link below for pic of my MINI with them)

The Alta Short Antenna is a nice wee touch too and you still get perfect radio reception (well i do anyway)

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14&d=1182352191

I would second getting rid of the egg yolk effect on the car... I got replacements from http://www.powerbulbs.com/ and then you want to get rid of the ones in side indicators as well...http://www.dashlights.co.uk/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16307&category_id=289

And also agree with the wee short Alta ariel, got mine from Lohen.....I get excellent receiption with it also.

stoney
12th January 2008, 06:04 PM
air filter and a dump valve

Duncan Stewart
12th January 2008, 07:34 PM
Car does look great as it is :D
What about a chrome grille rather than the black plastic, sort of thing I like but black plastic grilles are popular just now

FergusM
12th January 2008, 08:29 PM
air filter and a dump valve

Dump value... yuk...so Halfords modified Corsa.. ;)

N12 JLK
12th January 2008, 08:56 PM
dont have any fried eggs they were gone after 30 minutes of having the car:) .
Thinking of leaving it as it is and maybe next march trade it in. I know what I want but Lesley has other idea's, one things for sure I will be going for the JCW body kit and exhaust. Liked the sound of Craigs playmini exhaust today though.
Mini's why did I ever get one they have taken over my life, 4 down and more to go.

KenL
12th January 2008, 08:58 PM
What about a chrome grille rather than the black plastic,

Yes, the black plastic mesh looks about the same as the one on our £7k Aygo :p

N12 JLK
12th January 2008, 09:02 PM
Lesley said she like's the black plastic. oh er matron:eek:

Sweeney
12th January 2008, 09:04 PM
What you thinking of replacing it with?

N12 JLK
12th January 2008, 09:05 PM
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

illegalhunter
13th January 2008, 04:31 AM

I have a lovely exhaust taking up space in my garage that I could sell you for a very good price.. ;)JCW wheels no chance mine were mint still didnt take them. Jcw tuning

AeroJonny
13th January 2008, 03:28 PM
You could get the jcw bodykit for your current car, then when you change for your next mini, keep it and get it sprayed to match the new car?? ;)

vintageb3
13th January 2008, 03:35 PM
Jason....I think your car looks great as it is. Leave it how it is and spend money on the next one. As you know doubt know...spending money on cars is like giving it away....you never get it back ;)

mark

Craig
13th January 2008, 03:40 PM
agree with Mark here, if you are thinking of changing next year, your just throwing it down the drain. I know after all the money I lost on my purple one...:( :( :(

if your going to keep it for a few years, then it is worth doing some changes as you'll get the benefit of them, but if your going to keep the car only another year, then your wasting your cash. ;) Just ask Fi how you lose on mods at trade-in. :eek:

vintageb3
13th January 2008, 04:14 PM
OK...how much do you lose on Mods at trade in then?

I wondered if adding an Aero Kit and MFSW did anything to the value of my car? Or was it money entirely thrown away?

Should I start a new thread then?

mark

Sweeney
13th January 2008, 04:16 PM
You would get money back for it but not what you spent getting them on in the first place.

If trading into a mini dealership youll get peanuts regardless whats on it, its only other dealerships/traders where you might see the benefit... The way things are at the moment though residuals are pretty sh**.

Crombers
13th January 2008, 04:20 PM
Jason....I think your car looks great as it is. Leave it how it is and spend money on the next one. As you know doubt know...spending money on cars is like giving it away....you never get it back ;)

mark

Unless you keep your MINI ;)

vintageb3
13th January 2008, 04:27 PM
Well Crombers...that's what i've decided to do...well this week anyway.;) I haven't been in anything else that gives the same thrill in the price bracket. Keep trying cars and then get back in mine...and still love it.

Don't think I will spend anymore on mine though in the modding sense.

mark

illegalhunter
14th January 2008, 02:31 AM
OK...how much do you lose on Mods at trade in then?

I wondered if adding an Aero Kit and MFSW did anything to the value of my car? Or was it money entirely thrown away?

Should I start a new thread then?

mark
Well said Mark ,only mod ive done is a set of speakers. The money i wasted modding my Minis & the trade in was shocking. This whole spec to resale is the biggest waste of money.

Big Gordy
14th January 2008, 09:21 AM
Unless you keep your MINI ;)

Here, here;) Well said that man:D