PDA

View Full Version : MFSW 3SPOKE R56 vs R50

Bazthemod
10th January 2008, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know if the R56 3 Spoke Multi Function will fit an R50?

It looks like same wheel that was fitted to cars before the R56 i only have the horrible 2 spoke and it has always bugged me as i learnt in a MINI with a 3 spoke :cool:

Will cruise control etc all work same... from what i have heard its just case of plugging wires back into the steering column and obviously i would need new airbag for 3 spoke.

Any help appreciated

Craig
10th January 2008, 11:22 PM
don't know if this bothers you Baz, but the buttons on the R56 MFSW stick out on the spokes and don't sit flush as they do on the R50 MFSW. I prefer the look of the R50 steering wheel. Looks tidier. :)

can't answer if the R56 steering wheel will fit the R50 tho... sorry.

KenL
10th January 2008, 11:42 PM
I prefer the look of the R50 steering wheel. Looks tidier. :)

Don't know about the buttons, but I prefer the sculpted look of the R56 steering wheel ;)

http://motoringfile.com/pictures/woodwheel.jpg
http://motoringfile.com/pictures/JCW_steering_wheel/jcwwheel1.jpg

MarcoV
15th January 2008, 07:59 PM
I dont think it will fit.
It will show the airbag light on at all times and MINI will refuse to have this turned off for obvious safety reasons.

Its the same with changing the seats too as far as im aware.

Bazthemod
15th January 2008, 09:47 PM
Apparantly changing the wheel with the battery disconnected stops the light coming on... im hanging off for now partly because the seller hasnt got back to me and party coz im fed up spending money on my car! :rolleyes:

Sweeney
15th January 2008, 09:50 PM
Mines is still sitting there waiting for a home ;)

AeroJonny
21st January 2008, 02:55 PM
How much are you selling it for Sweeney?

What bits have you got left?

Pm me if you want ;)

RyanK
21st January 2008, 11:32 PM
Woops Sweeney. Forgot to tell you!

I bought one the other week off a guy on Mini2 for £50. I couldn't resist when he PM'd me.