PDA

View Full Version : So it's Blu Ray then!

Scottie
9th January 2008, 08:50 PM
With Warner Bros defecting to Blu Ray and now Paramount looking likely to do the same.

Think it's Sony that's won this time round.

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2008, 09:20 PM
Looks like it Fi. Only a matter of time now before Paramount and Universal follow suit.;)

On a side note, I was in Tesco's earlier today and, surprise-surprise, they have a Toshiba HD DVD player for £199. Lenore and I looked at each other and thought: "shall we". Glad we didn't.

On another side note. I've given up playing Blu Ray movies through my PS3. The fan just gets so damn noisy it makes the experience unwatchable. Gonna buy a decent Blu Ray player when the price is right. Was holding out for a HD DVD / Blu Ray combo drive that was a sensible price. Looks like we don;t need to bother now.:rolleyes:

A.:D

The Dogfather
9th January 2008, 09:24 PM
I'll also be raiding the piggy bank soon, although I think I'll wait a little bit longer to see if there's any new blu-ray players coming out.

Gismo
9th January 2008, 09:28 PM
I'm in no rush to buy a Blu Ray player, not until the films come down in price, no way should we have to got through the same palaver of overpriced goods thus making piracy worthwhile for some folks until the industry realises that joe public demand reasonable priced goods.

I don't care about what development has went into the business, the prices are shocking :eek: :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2008, 09:29 PM
I'm in no rush to buy a Blu Ray player, not until the films come down in price, no way should we have to got through the same palaver of overpriced goods thus making piracy worthwhile for some folks until the industry realises that joe public demand reasonable priced goods.

I don't care about what development has went into the business, the prices are shocking :eek: :rolleyes:

I would agree with you there BS. (Does happen sometimes).:eek:

I've seen Blu Ray's priced at £35! Ridiculous price.:mad:

The Bull
10th January 2008, 05:48 PM
Looks like the more expensive option has won this time. Sonys gamble on using Blu-Ray drives in the PS3 looks like it was definitely worth it.

I'd like one with a couple of digital tuners built in, and a hard drive. As I don't have Sky or Sky+.

I don't like too many boxes under the telly.

euan
11th January 2008, 08:55 AM
Looks like the more expensive option has won this time. Sonys gamble on using Blu-Ray drives in the PS3 looks like it was definitely worth it.

I'd like one with a couple of digital tuners built in, and a hard drive. As I don't have Sky or Sky+.

I don't like too many boxes under the telly.

You'll be lucky to get that - you currently can't get a DVD burner with a twin (digital) tuner and a HDD. I've been after one of those for ages!

The Bull
11th January 2008, 02:24 PM
I know. It's just a matter of time though with the shift to digital and the success of Blu-Ray. Next year maybe?

AeroJonny
11th January 2008, 03:19 PM
glad i bought a ps3 at the weekend then ;)

The Dogfather
11th January 2008, 03:20 PM
So whats the best player then?

euan
11th January 2008, 04:12 PM
I know. It's just a matter of time though with the shift to digital and the success of Blu-Ray. Next year maybe?

Possibly, will be expensive though - when the first combi's came out they were about 300 quid, so would expect them to be similar again. The better current lot are still over 200 (Panasonic EX77 etc).

When it does come though, will be a very nice addition to my kit!

illegalhunter
11th January 2008, 09:14 PM
So whats the best player then?
That is the question we should be asking