PDA

View Full Version : Wild Night!

Sheilz
9th January 2008, 03:00 AM
I'm listening to the wind howling outside. Refuse bins and all sorts of stuff are crashing about in the garden. There's an awful lot of banging and thumping outside. I do so hope the wind is making it all blow away from little specy in the driveway and not at him. Oh the shame of having to drive through Aberdeen in the morning with a collection bin embedded on the bonnet!
Every time the wind rattles the letterbox the darned dog barks. Nae much sleep tonight!:(

stoney
9th January 2008, 08:15 AM
it wild down here 2 went out this moring 2 find a wheele bin at the back bumper of my car :( :( the real pain is i had moved it out the way so it did not get hit but will have 2 have a look when we get day light 2 see if it has hit or not but knowing my luck it will have :mad: :mad:

hope the dog did not keep you up 2 long :)

Craig
9th January 2008, 08:43 AM
aye, listened to the wind for most of the night..:(

my sister lost power at her house about 5am this morning, so prob will my mum and dad plus the outlaw as they are roughly in the same area..:p

The Dogfather
9th January 2008, 09:00 AM
We had a hail then snow, as well as the high winds. Relatively calm now.

Gismo
9th January 2008, 09:17 AM
Still blowin a hooly this morning, cannae sleep for the noise etc, i'm hoping there's nae any carnage around my cars :eek:

Big Gordy
9th January 2008, 09:37 AM
Had to retrieve my bin this morning at 4.30...:eek: as it was going on it own mini adventure down the street:rolleyes:
Mini was tucked up in the garage:D
Moss road was shut this morning....looked like power lines or a tree down...had to go via Airth:eek:

euan
9th January 2008, 09:50 AM
I was staying out at a hotel in Tewkesbury last night. The hotel is at the top of a hill - and it was WILD last night from about 7 till 10. After that it calmed down a bit, but we had 3 power cuts in that time and no satellite tele so I missed Chelsea's second goal (gutted for Everton).

I went out and moved my car about 8 as I'd parked it next to the golf course which is covered in trees and didn't fancy a drive to work with a tree sticking out from where the roof had been!

s12cot
9th January 2008, 09:59 AM
Hell yea it's windy!

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2008, 10:05 AM
Windy as hell down in the Borders too.

Supposed to be putting out wheelie bin out for collection this morning. Not keen.:(

A.

Burple
9th January 2008, 10:40 AM
Hmph. It's knocked our Sky dish out! :mad:
One road closed on my way in to work this morning, some huge trees on that stretch!

..Apparently, Ellie saw on the news this morning that one of the Student halls of residence at Dundee Uni had some of it's roof blown off! :eek:
Hope it's not the nice new one with the covered, sheltered car park... ;):D

FergusM
9th January 2008, 11:33 AM
I'm watching one of those big tramploines roll about in a garden about 3 houses up from me... hope they have nothing else in it as it's rolling from one end to the other..

Sheilz
9th January 2008, 08:56 PM
According to the intranet at work Aberdeen had a stiff breeze last night and again today:eek::D:D

A lot of reminiscing at work today. Loved the story from one of my colleagues relating to the hurricane that struck the west coast about 1968. Their neighbour had just built a garage. After the hurricane (NB not a storm) the street woke up to find the neighbour's new garage had been lifted off the ground over the garden fence and unbelievably was still in one piece though a bit buckled in his other neighbour's garden:eek:

Wee specy escaped unscathed. Buckets all buckled though:D:D:D

vintageb3
9th January 2008, 08:59 PM
Kim woke up to a garden shed in her garden today...she did even order one either:D

mark