PDA

View Full Version : MINI SUV Spy Shots

The Dogfather
7th January 2008, 10:01 PM
Proof of 4x4 MINI

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/214686/mini.html

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 10:06 PM
Take a look underneath the rear of the car and the purpose of this MINI becomes perfectly clear. A rear differential is visible between the wheels, proving that this model is all-wheel drive. It won’t be a true mud-plugger, but it will aim to steal sales away from Land Rover’s larger Freelander

Give me a f*****g break.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A.:D

N12 JLK
7th January 2008, 10:18 PM
what next! a Mini HGV lorry:)

KenL
7th January 2008, 10:20 PM
That is just a Clubman is it not?

MINI did not show un-disguised cars anywhere, right up to the official press launch of the R56.

In fact, when the first invited journos to drive it on the track, the badges were still taped over.

Scottie
7th January 2008, 10:27 PM
got to be a joke maybe not as big as joke as the 5 seater MPV that BMW are bringing out.:eek: :eek:

vintageb3
7th January 2008, 10:40 PM
What the hell are they thinking of:eek: ...this is for the US market surely.

mark

euan
7th January 2008, 10:50 PM
I doubt it'll look like that, it looks like a mule for testing the running gear.

If they hadn't taped it up, would anyone have noticed it? Looks like a standard Clubman till it was attacked by one of Santa's elves.

KenL
7th January 2008, 11:01 PM
What the hell are they thinking of:eek: ...this is for the US market surely.

mark

Why do you say that? People in this country seem as obsessed by 4x4 vehicles these days :rolleyes:

Having said that, I can see the point of a 4x4 is you live in the sticks or need regularly tow - but what IS the point of this type of "MINI":confused:

The Dogfather
7th January 2008, 11:07 PM
Perhaps the 4x4 is for a highly tuned version???? Doubt it though.

Anyway, people in this country are after 4x4 style without the substance, why else would people buy the Polo Dune, Rover 25 Streetwise and the 2wd Quashqai.

The Freelander is a proper 4x4 for tightwads who can't afford a discovery :p :eek: :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 11:11 PM
The Freelander is a proper 4x4 for tightwads who can't afford a discovery :p :eek: :D

Cough. Cough. Cough. Huh! Cheeky little sh**e. Could've afforded a Disco, just didn't see the point in one after the huge X5!

A.;)

The Dogfather
7th January 2008, 11:13 PM
Cough. Cough. Cough. Huh! Cheeky little sh**e. Could've afforded a Disco, just didn't see the point in one after the huge X5!

A.;)

Andy, I didn't realise you had one, honest guv! :D :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 11:14 PM
Andy, I didn't realise you had one, honest guv! :D :D :D :D

LOL. It's ok. I keep my clean Pinny's in the boot!:D :D :D

A.:D

Gorbash12346
7th January 2008, 11:50 PM
looks like it's a chop tbh as it's got 5 stud 1 series alloys and the bolts around the diff go to nothing... and auto express aren't exactly shy of posting chopped pictures... don't honestly know if it is but looks a bit suspect

euan
8th January 2008, 10:58 AM
Anyway, people in this country are after 4x4 style without the substance, why else would people buy the Polo Dune, Rover 25 Streetwise and the 2wd Quashqai.

They may make them, but I've hardly seen any of them of the road - Quashqai I've seen a few but I don't think I've ever seen the VW or Rover.

illegalhunter
8th January 2008, 01:10 PM
Looks like the clubman with bullets

Gorbash12346
8th January 2008, 08:52 PM
i see a polo dune on the way to work most days and streetwise' are pretty commonplace around hamilton.. seems to be deluded female drivers for the most part:rolleyes: (takes cover)

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 09:58 PM
Well I for one am glad that BMW aren't moving further away from the original MINI 'ethos'......... It's still a MINI.... it's just a bigger, heavier, uglier, too high to handle properly... MINI. At least it's still not all that practical - so they've not lost the plot altogether. All hail the BMW Marketing Department!!!!!!!

I'm just waiting for them to bring out JCW Carbon Fibre 'Mini Traveller Wood' to ruin the sides and back of the Clubman... (I should probably patent that one before they read it).