PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Movie MINI Run - Sunday 1st June

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/indy_logo.jpg (http://www.indianajones.com)

Trailer for the movie available from the Official Indiana Jones Web Site (http://www.indianajones.com)
Update 5th May 2008: Version 2 Trailer for the movie available from the Official Indiana Jones Web Site (http://www.indianajones.com)

Indiana Jones Movie MINI Run Day - Sunday 1st June 2008

The long-awaited fourth instalment of the Indiana Jones movies is due for release on Thursday 22nd May. The following Sunday (25th May) is earmarked for the Mini Clan's Thistle Run so I don't want to clash with that. So the following Sunday (1st June) will be Indiana Jones MINI Run Day!

Not worked out the exact formula for the day but will include a run, some food at a local eatery and the movie "Indian Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" at our cinema. Like runs we've done for on-release films in the past, it would be difficult to admit everyone for free (especially if there's a big turnout), but we can discount it down to child price of £3.50.

Update: Friday 28th March.
Did a recce of the route a couple of days ago. The route is: We start in ASDA Car Park, Galashiels, around 10AM TBC. Out to the A68 and down through Jedburgh, over the Carter Bar, down to Bellingham for lunch at the Cheviot Hotel. Then along the underside of Keilder Reservoir, to the B6357, up to Bonchester Bridge, then onto Hawick, and up the A7, finishing in Galashiels, parking up in ASDA car park again about 4.00pm. Then an early evening show of Indiana Jones movie starting around 5pm, finishing around 7pm. There should be time for projection room tours before the film starts. Total route length - roughly 110 miles.

Lunch - organised for you at the Cheviot Hotel in Bellingham. We used this venue for Lunch on the Keilder Reservior run we organised a couple of years ago. The Cheviot do a fantastic Sunday Carvery. The Cheviot's web site is here. (http://www.thecheviothotel.co.uk/foodanddrink.htm) The pic at the top right of that page is the owner slicing meat at the carvery servery. There is a choice of roast pork, roast lamb or roast beef. All come with yorkshire puddings, and your choice of vegetable - help you self- - fill your plate!

Lenore and I can vouch for the food in this place, it is absolutely fantastic and comes highly recommended by your organisers.

UPDATE: Monday 26th May.

Download Run Notes Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2008/indiana_jones_notes.pdf)

Meet at ASDA Car Park in Galashiels at 10AM for a 10.30AM departure.
Arrive back in Galashiels for roughly 4pm. This may give us time for a couple of projection room tours for those who are interested. Can't guarantee this, just a possibility.

A.

1. AndyP & Lenore + Lunch for 2
2. Neil & Lorna + Lunch for 2
3. Craig & Jude + Lunch for 2
4. Bumble + Lunch
5. Big Gordy + Lunch
6. Rob (stone) & Christine. + Lunch for 2
7. V11kae and hubby
8. Crombers & Karen + Lunch for 2
9. Paul & Christopher
10. Mum & Dad Fossie + Lunch for 2
11. Elfman + Lunch
12. Duncan Stewart & Carol + Lunch for 2
13. CCM + Lunch
14. (2) of The Harper Clan (William, Mum, Dad & Clair) + Lunch for 2
15. (2) of The Harper Clan (William, Mum, Dad & Clair) + Lunch for 2
16. SimonS + Lunch for 2
17. ?

For Lunch = 24

Craig
6th January 2008, 10:45 PM
Well, since I had to move my Perthshire Run to accomodate you, I can hardly say that I'm not available... :rolleyes: ;)

Stick Jude and me down for this one :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 10:47 PM
Well, since I had to move my Perthshire Run to accomodate you, I can hardly say that I'm not available... :rolleyes: ;)

Stick Jude and me down for this one :p

:D :D :D :D :D

Did I say thank-you for that BTW?

A.;) :D

Craig
6th January 2008, 10:49 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Did I say thank-you for that BTW?

A.;) :D

you have now... ;) :D

Bumble
7th January 2008, 01:16 AM
Yes please! Da da da da, da da da daaaaa, da da da da, da da da da daaaaa!

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 01:28 AM
Yes please! Da da da da, da da da daaaaa, da da da da, da da da da daaaaa!

LOL. Thats you added.

A.;)

Gismo
7th January 2008, 07:07 AM
Am away working, again :(

The Dogfather
7th January 2008, 07:21 AM
I would be interested as well although I'm unlikely to want to drive up to Edinburgh. Could meet you on the way down?

Big Gordy
7th January 2008, 09:19 AM
Stick Ross and me down for this Andy:D although Ross could be working but won't know untill nearer the time:o

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 09:53 AM
I would be interested as well although I'm unlikely to want to drive up to Edinburgh. Could meet you on the way down?

No trouble Paul. You can meet us wherever. Haven't really sorted out the where's and when's yet anyway. It may start in the Borders.;)

Stick Ross and me down for this Andy:D although Ross could be working but won't know untill nearer the time:o

No problem.:D

A.:D

stoney
7th January 2008, 10:02 AM
yep put me and christine down mabie not christine tho she may be working

Mini Ecosse
7th January 2008, 10:14 AM
D*m it all, on bl**dy nightshift :(

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 10:17 AM
yep put me and christine down mabie not christine tho she may be working

No problem Rob.;)

D*m it all, on bl**dy nightshift :(

Thats a shame Stephen.:( Ach, just call in sick. You'll be down in the Borders, and no one will know.;)

V11kae
7th January 2008, 05:25 PM
You can count me and my hubby (who isnt imaginery) for this one please! :)

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 06:02 PM
You can count me and my hubby (who isnt imaginery) for this one please! :)

No probs, thats you added.:D

ianking
7th January 2008, 06:32 PM
Yes please for the both of us

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 06:39 PM
Yes please for the both of us

Thats you guys added.;)

stoney
7th January 2008, 06:48 PM
christine will be there as she is on holladay that week

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 06:50 PM
christine will be there as she is on holladay that week

Cool.;)

N12 JLK
7th January 2008, 06:53 PM
Andy, stick me and Jason down. Do you know what certificate it will be yet?

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Andy, stick me and Jason down. Do you know what certificate it will be yet?

Will do Lesley. I don't have a certificate yet, but I would imagine it will be a PG or at the worst a 12A.

You'll need to get the DVD's out and introduce the wee guy to the wonders of Dr Jones.;)

A.;)

N12 JLK
7th January 2008, 10:25 PM
who plays Indie in this film, surely not Harrison Ford as he must be as old as Yoda:o

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 10:35 PM
who plays Indie in this film, surely not Harrison Ford as he must be as old as Yoda:o

Here's your answer:

http://www.reachercreatures.com/fun_stuff/indy.jpg

He still has it in him. And they've set the film in the 1950's so I think he will probably have slowed down a wee bit. he has two sort of sidekicks this time to carry out the majority of the action.... Shia LaBeouf and Ray Winstone.

A.;)

vintageb3
7th January 2008, 10:50 PM
See the old boy is sitting down....;)

mark

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 10:55 PM

mark

Speaking of old boy... are you coming on the run?:eek: ;)

Crombers
8th January 2008, 02:50 PM
Me & Karen please :)

AndyP & Lenore
8th January 2008, 02:55 PM
Me & Karen please :)

'Tis done;) :D

johnsop1
9th January 2008, 08:26 PM
Hi Andy

Can you add me and Christopher

cheers

Paul

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Andy

Can you add me and Christopher

cheers

Paul

Thats you added Paul.

A.;)

vintageb3
9th January 2008, 08:43 PM

mark

Depends if you get yer act together and get a popcorn machine...old boy:p

Can i bring a Peugeot 307?...cause I don't leave my car in car parks.

I don't care about Kim's car;)

mark

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 08:46 PM
Put me down for this one Andy - it'll be good to see a film where the star's older than me....... that isn't set in a retirement home.

tonyjac
9th January 2008, 09:08 PM
put me down for this please andy:)

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2008, 09:25 PM
Depends if you get yer act together and get a popcorn machine...old boy:p

Can i bring a Peugeot 307?...cause I don't leave my car in car parks.

I don't care about Kim's car;)

mark

Mark, all the cars will be parked up in ASDA car park at the far end, like we did for the Borders run. They should be pretty safe all tucked in together. it will be with prior arrangement with ASDA too, so their security guard will keep an eye on them.;)

On that basis, would you like to come in your MINI? You can come in your 307 if you wish, but that would be kinda weird when you have a perfectly nice MINI at home.:confused:

And, no, we don't have a popcorn popping machine. We prefer to contract out our popcorn supplies to a very good Scottish Popcorn company.;)

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 09:26 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to go for a Sunday run........
Just when you thought the roads would be quiet......
Just when you thought you could come out of church and not get run over by a herd of rampaging MINIS.....
THEY'RE BACK
THEY'RE CRAZY
SOME OF THEM ARE OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER.....
THEY'RE......... THERE!

NEWMINISCOTLAND AND THE EXHAUSTS OF DOOM II

If you don't like the heat - fit an uprated intercooler - Jeremy Clarkson
I laughed till I realised they were serious, then I ran away - Jonathan Ross
I particularly enjoyed ELFMAN's fantasy kitchen sequence, but not half as much as he did - Nigella Lawson

Coming to a (top-notch family-run) cinema near you on June 1st.
Don't miss it.... and just pray that they miss you....

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2008, 09:26 PM
Put me down for this one Andy - it'll be good to see a film where the star's older than me....... that isn't set in a retirement home.

That's you added Elfman. Let the arguments begin on who follows your exhaust.;)

put me down for this please andy:)

That's you added tony.;)

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 09:41 PM
That's you added Elfman. Let the arguments begin on who follows your exhaust.;)

Yes, these wee excursions to 7,000rpm....That's why I use so much bleedin petrol on these runs - it must be the most expensive thing on my motor:D :D :D Still, it's better for you than fags....:p AND it still makes me grin like a loon!!!!

Duncan Stewart
11th January 2008, 09:19 PM
Can you add me and my daughter (Carol) please Andy
Thanks

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2008, 09:30 PM
Can you add me and my daughter (Carol) please Andy
Thanks

No probs Duncan. Helen not an Indy fan?

The Dogfather
11th January 2008, 09:40 PM

No she's more into EMO :D

Andy, any news on the starting point........

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2008, 10:11 PM
No she's more into EMO :D

Andy, any news on the starting point........

Haven't given it any thought Paul. Could be a few weeks before I get a chance to sit down, think it all through and plan it out. The run's not 'til June so there's oooodles of time.

The Dogfather
11th January 2008, 10:13 PM
Haven't given it any thought Paul. Could be a few weeks before I get a chance to sit down, think it all through and plan it out. The run's not 'til June so there's oooodles of time.

I was just trying justify my 'off topic' post the mods on here are ballbreakers :eek: :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2008, 10:15 PM
I was just trying justify my 'off topic' post the mods on here are ballbreakers :eek: :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. Hitlers, the lot of them.:eek: ;) :D

The Dogfather
11th January 2008, 10:39 PM
Specially the balding one......

Colin
12th January 2008, 07:17 PM
Yes please Mr P. :D

Duncan Stewart
12th January 2008, 08:12 PM

Helen is a big Indy fan so I will probably see the movie twice :eek: :D
But family commitments mean she cannot make the date :(

FergusM
12th January 2008, 08:31 PM
Put me and the Mrs down for this :)

vintageb3
12th January 2008, 08:51 PM
Specially the balding one......

Bloody Hell!...I didn't know Andy was going bald?!!:eek:

mark

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2008, 09:25 PM
Yes please Mr P. :D

Put me and the Mrs down for this :)

Thats you all added.:D

The Dogfather
12th January 2008, 10:08 PM
Bloody Hell!...I didn't know Andy was going bald?!!:eek:
mark

Yes, but don't say anything, he's in denial... :D

vintageb3
19th January 2008, 01:08 AM
Kim and I please...i forgot to ask earlier:rolleyes:

mark

AndyP & Lenore
19th January 2008, 01:19 AM
Kim and I please...i forgot to ask earlier:rolleyes:

mark

No bother, thats you added.:D :D

Track Ali
19th January 2008, 10:45 PM
im up for that probs with a full car as it will be a brill film :) stick pme down please?

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2008, 12:55 AM
im up for that probs with a full car as it will be a brill film :) stick pme down please?

Thats you added.:D

markyc
23rd January 2008, 09:31 PM
Me and one other as well please Andrew (your Sunday name :D )

Thank you thank you

AndyP & Lenore
23rd January 2008, 10:17 PM
Me and one other as well please Andrew (your Sunday name :D )

Thank you thank you

I'd already added you anyway Mark, as per your request last week when we met in your work car park.;)

A.;)

Craig
23rd January 2008, 10:20 PM
I'd already added you anyway Mark, as per your request last week when we met in your work car park.;)

A.;)

aye after another dodgy deal no doubt... :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2008, 10:42 PM
The first teaser trailer is now available online. Looks a cracker.:D :cool: :cool:

Trailer Available from official Indy site here. (http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html)

The Dogfather
5th March 2008, 09:02 PM
Looks good, can't wait. Can you pencil me in as a +1

MINI William
16th March 2008, 09:44 PM
ohhhh go on then put the harper clan down for this:D (but mums not driving)

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2008, 10:14 PM
Looks good, can't wait. Can you pencil me in as a +1

Paul, you were asking about the where's and when's on this a while ago. Recce-ing the route later this week.

Looks to be starting in Gala, heading down to Bellingham for Lunch, along the side of Kielder, then up to Gala again, arriving about 3.30 or 4pm. Should have time for some Projection room tours. Then an early evening show of Indy IV, probably about 4.30 or 5pm. Ending about 7.00 - 7.30pm ish. All TBC, but that is the plan at the moment.

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2008, 10:36 PM
ohhhh go on then put the harper clan down for this:D (but mums not driving)

That's you guys added.;)

Hope it's a special day for you all.:D

MINI William
17th March 2008, 07:17 PM
thanks.ive got no doubt about that:D

The Dogfather
18th March 2008, 01:53 PM
Andy, your plan looks good to me. :D

N12 JLK
25th March 2008, 09:52 PM
I am very sorry for letting you both down, I will now be away with work on the Friday & Satuarday before your run and wont be back till 5ish on the Sunday.
Bahco tools are taking us to Newcastle for the football and an all expenses paid weekend:) . Its a wee insentive before there promotion month in June.

I will catch up severall times before and after your run with you's as the year is bags full of runs.

Sorry again
Jason

AndyP & Lenore
25th March 2008, 11:05 PM
I am very sorry for letting you both down, I will now be away with work on the Friday & Satuarday before your run and wont be back till 5ish on the Sunday.
Bahco tools are taking us to Newcastle for the football and an all expenses paid weekend:) . Its a wee insentive before there promotion month in June.

I will catch up severall times before and after your run with you's as the year is bags full of runs.

Sorry again
Jason

No probs Jason, will no doubt see you soon.:D

AndyP & Lenore
28th March 2008, 05:29 PM
Update: Friday 28th March.
Did a recce of the route a couple of days ago. The route is: We start in ASDA Car Park, Galashiels, around 10AM TBC. Out to the A68 and down through Jedburgh, over the Carter Bar, down to Bellingham for lunch at the Cheviot Hotel. Then along the underside of Keilder Reservoir, to the B6357, up to Bonchester Bridge, then onto Hawick, and up the A7, finishing in Galashiels, parking up in ASDA car park again about 4.00pm. Then an early evening show of Indiana Jones movie starting around 5pm, finishing around 7pm. There should be time for projection room tours before the film starts. Total route length - roughly 110 miles.

Lunch - organised for you at the Cheviot Hotel in Bellingham. We used this venue for Lunch on the Keilder Reservior run we organised a couple of years ago. The Cheviot do a fantastic Sunday Carvery. The Cheviot's web site is here. The pic at the top right of that page is the owner slicing meat at the carvery servery. There is a choice of roast pork, roast lamb or roast beef. All come with yorkshire puddings, and your choice of vegetable - help you self- - fill your plate!

Lenore and I can vouch for the food in this place, it is absolutely fantastic and comes highly recommended by your organisers.

I have provisionally booked the place out for Lunch - circa 40 people. So I need folk to confirm if they are happy to take the lunch option. It is not a concrete commitment, and you can pull out at any time. But I need to get more accurate numbers closer to the date. So please let me know if you are deffo for lunch.

A.;)

Craig
28th March 2008, 06:15 PM
Yes Please for Lunch.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Carvery....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cool: :cool:

Oh aye, and Jude aswell.. ;)

stoney
28th March 2008, 06:46 PM
2 for lunch for us please

Bumble
28th March 2008, 06:48 PM
Yep for lunch! - might be a plus 1

Track Ali
28th March 2008, 06:59 PM
sorry i cant take up the trip. im not goin to be back in the country in time. gutted lol was realy looking forward to the run.:( :( :(

and thatll be a no thanks for lunch ;)

AndyP & Lenore
28th March 2008, 08:36 PM
sorry i cant take up the trip. im not goin to be back in the country in time. gutted lol was realy looking forward to the run.:( :( :(

and thatll be a no thanks for lunch ;)

No problem Ali.

A.

ianking
7th April 2008, 11:46 AM
Andy

Just realised that we cant make this run. Sarah is away at some dancing thing and I am at a common riding event. I will most likely be heavily boozed by the time the film starts so wont be able to drive down. Even if I could get there I would no doubt be nipping to the toilet every 15 mins as a result of many beers and my girly bladder :D which im sure would ruin everyone elses viewing pleasure.

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2008, 12:04 PM
Andy

Just realised that we cant make this run. Sarah is away at some dancing thing and I am at a common riding event. I will most likely be heavily boozed by the time the film starts so wont be able to drive down. Even if I could get there I would no doubt be nipping to the toilet every 15 mins as a result of many beers and my girly bladder :D which im sure would ruin everyone elses viewing pleasure.

No probs Ian.

FergusM
7th April 2008, 04:13 PM
Can you remove me from this.... will be away on holiday that week :(

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2008, 04:18 PM
Can you remove me from this.... will be away on holiday that week :(

No problem Fergus:( . Have a nice holiday.;)

ELFMAN
13th April 2008, 07:29 PM
Please put me on the Lunch List Andy!

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2008, 07:31 PM
Please put me on the Lunch List Andy!

No problem my PlayMini friend.:D

AndyP & Lenore
20th April 2008, 06:49 PM
Just a wee "bump" to remind folks I need commitments (or not) for the carvery lunch option....:blush:

MINI William
20th April 2008, 07:01 PM
pretty sure we will be doing the carvery but will confirm that later:smilewinkgrin:

Colin
20th April 2008, 08:45 PM
Yes Andy another 1 for lunch please. :)

The Dogfather
20th April 2008, 09:07 PM
Andy, no to the carvery from me.

Ta

AndyP & Lenore
20th April 2008, 09:27 PM
Andy, no to the carvery from me.

Ta

No problem VB. Not a meat-eater?:blush:

A.

Big Gordy
21st April 2008, 10:55 AM
Stick Ross and I down for the grub Andy:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
21st April 2008, 11:00 AM
No problem VB. Not a meat-eater?:blush:

A.

Quite the opposite, but I'll be in to my training/diet regime for the Coast2Coast by then.

AndyP & Lenore
21st April 2008, 03:05 PM
Quite the opposite, but I'll be in to my training/diet regime for the Coast2Coast by then.

It's a buffet style carvery man, just put less on your plate.:eyes up:

AndyP & Lenore
21st April 2008, 03:06 PM
Stick Ross and I down for the grub Andy:thumbs up:

No problem Gordy.:thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
21st April 2008, 03:59 PM
Count in Me & Carol for Lunch please, cheers :D

AndyP & Lenore
21st April 2008, 04:57 PM
Count in Me & Carol for Lunch please, cheers :D

No problem Duncan.:thumbs up:

Crombers
28th April 2008, 08:52 AM
'Checks diary' , TICK (not working this weekend) , sorted :thumbs up:

Oh aye & yup, food for us :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2008, 07:26 PM
A wee "bump" to remind those who haven't confirmed their luncheon plans, to please do so.

Looking for a yay, or nay for the carvery lunch from:

Tonyjac
V11kae
Johnsop1
VintageB3
MarkyC
MINI William clan

Let me know guys.:thumbs up:

Cheers,

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2008, 07:28 PM
New trailer available on the official web site (http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html).

Looks a cracker.:thumbs up:

Bumble
5th May 2008, 08:37 PM
Got your whip yet Lenore? ... lol

vintageb3
5th May 2008, 09:55 PM
I think we will pass on the food Andy...we don't eat the meat on offer.

Thanks

mark

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2008, 11:30 PM
I think we will pass on the food Andy...we don't eat the meat on offer.

Thanks

mark

I can ask if you could order from a regular menu if you like.

Let me know.

A.

vintageb3
6th May 2008, 12:45 AM
If its not putting you or the restaurant to any trouble...that would be great!

mark

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2008, 12:58 AM
If its not putting you or the restaurant to any trouble...that would be great!

mark

Not a problem.:thumbs up:

Will give them a wee call tomorrow.;)

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2008, 05:51 PM
Still waiting on some folk letting me know about lunch. Really need to know soon.:argh:

MINI William
12th May 2008, 08:22 PM
we r a deffo for the carvery

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2008, 08:40 PM
we r a deffo for the carvery

Thanks for letting us know.:D

ELFMAN
13th May 2008, 01:10 PM
Can I have my lunch NOW? Having a Tea Break at work and starving!!! All this Carvery talk is driving me daft(er).........

MINI William
14th May 2008, 10:42 AM
Sorry to be a pain but can i have a plus 1 for claire.and we are now bringing both MINIs

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2008, 10:54 AM
Sorry to be a pain but can i have a plus 1 for claire.and we are now bringing both MINIs

No problem.

So that's MINI William, Mum, Dad, Clair and 2 MINI's all for Lunch. Well, the MINI's aren't eating lunch, but you know what I mean.:blush:

MINI William
14th May 2008, 11:47 AM
spot on andy :thumbs up: thank you

Big Gordy
14th May 2008, 01:09 PM
Andy......no Ross for this one I'm afraid (he's going to a rolling road day with the MG mob apparently:eyes up:) Sooooooooooooooooooooooo my missus may be making a rare.......and if she complains about how quick I'm driving round the bends during the run it may be her last:ragin:....appearance:shut up: Still don't know if this is a good idea but only time will tell :argh: I'll keep you posted if things change ie I don't let her come:smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2008, 01:29 PM
Andy......no Ross for this one I'm afraid (he's going to a rolling road day with the MG mob apparently:eyes up:) Sooooooooooooooooooooooo my missus may be making a rare.......and if she complains about how quick I'm driving round the bends during the run it may be her last:ragin:....appearance:shut up: Still don't know if this is a good idea but only time will tell :argh: I'll keep you posted if things change ie I don't let her come:smilewinkgrin:

lol. Nae bother Gordy.;)

SimonS
18th May 2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Andy. I know it's late but car we put our names down for this? It will be two for lunch and the run but not the film as we will have to get back. cheers SimonS.

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Andy. I know it's late but car we put our names down for this? It will be two for lunch and the run but not the film as we will have to get back. cheers SimonS.

No problem. Thats you added.:thumbs up:

A.;)

tonyjac
18th May 2008, 09:27 PM
andy really sorry but can you remove me from the run i've got a family wedding on that day ....DAMN I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS RUN :mad:I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT MY HORSE WILL RECIEVE A SHORT BACK AND SIDES IF I DONT COMPLY ...CAPPISH;)...WATCHAGONADO!!!!!

Craig
18th May 2008, 09:47 PM
andy really sorry but can you remove me from the run i've got a family wedding on that day ....DAMN I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS RUN :mad:I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT MY HORSE WILL RECIEVE A SHORT BACK AND SIDES IF I DONT COMPLY ...CAPPISH;)...WATCHAGONADO!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

thought this kinda thing was a myth.... ;)

remind me NEVER to upset a Jaconelli... :)

tonyjac
18th May 2008, 09:55 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs up:

weefossy
18th May 2008, 10:20 PM
Can we be added please. Mom and Dad both for lunch thanks:popcorn:

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 11:03 PM

No problem Tony. I wouldn't want to "disrespect" you.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 11:04 PM
Can we be added please. Mom and Dad both for lunch thanks:popcorn:

No problem Malcolm.

But. Let me know what table you're sitting at for lunch. Lenore and I will join you. That way we'll be fed first.

mini saltire
19th May 2008, 02:07 PM
Hi Andrew,

Can you put me and Michele down please:popcorn:. Lunch too.. Bringing road car...Hope I can keep up with you guys:smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
19th May 2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Andrew,

Can you put me and Michele down please:popcorn:. Lunch too.. Bringing road car...Hope I can keep up with you guys:smilewinkgrin:

No problem Mark, thats you both added.:smilewinkgrin:

mini saltire
20th May 2008, 10:30 PM
Arrrgh so sorry but I am going to have to bail out Andy. I have just been offered full hospitality at the British Touring Cars down at Croft for the same day!!:ragin::argh: Why is it that 2 great things have to clash!! Defo be on the next movie run!!

Mark

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2008, 01:59 AM
Arrrgh so sorry but I am going to have to bail out Andy. I have just been offered full hospitality at the British Touring Cars down at Croft for the same day!!:ragin::argh: Why is it that 2 great things have to clash!! Defo be on the next movie run!!

Mark

Stuff the run, I'm coming with you!:thumbs up::laugh:

lol

No problem Mark. Next time.:blush:

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2008, 10:47 AM
Not long now folks, anyone who has not confirmed their lunch plans could they do so as we need to confirm numbers with the Cheviot.:D

Gismo
24th May 2008, 10:55 AM
Since this was organised so i couldn't attend :eyes up: i went to see the film last night :D

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2008, 12:03 AM
Download Run Notes Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2008/indiana_jones_notes.pdf)

Meeting at ASDA Car Park in Galashiels at 10AM for a 10.30AM departure.

We will be arriving back in Galashiels roughly 4pm, which may give us time for a couple of projection room tours - time permitting.

Please remember the admission price for the film is £3.50. We really want to offer it for free, but especially with the numbers going, we just can't do that. I will put a system in place so that our staff know to charge you CHILD admission price to get the offered discount.

For those who have NOT confirmed one way or the other for the lunch could you please do so ASAP. I need to give final numbers Thursday morning so I need to know Wednesday night at the latest - confirming after then may mean you picnic with the picnickers.

Still awaiting lunch decisions from:
Paul & Christopher (johnsop01)
V11kAE & Hubby
Bumble - are you a One or a Two?

Any questions from anyone... fire away.

A.;)

Bumble
27th May 2008, 02:15 AM
going to be a one !

Big Gordy
27th May 2008, 08:58 AM
Andy;bigwave: I'll be coming on my own now:frown: The missus has decided she'd rather go shopping with her chum than be thrown round tight,twisty corners at breakneck speed with me :yes nod::smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2008, 10:37 AM
going to be a one !

Andy;bigwave: I'll be coming on my own now:frown: The missus has decided she'd rather go shopping with her chum than be thrown round tight,twisty corners at breakneck speed with me :yes nod::smilewinkgrin:

Cheers for letting me know.

A.;)

ELFMAN
27th May 2008, 04:07 PM
going to be a one !

You've been 'one' for ages!:smilewinkgrin:

vintageb3
27th May 2008, 05:44 PM
Andy...don't think we will be able to manage now...really need to spend time on the house.

If I'm due any money for you organizing food...I will of course reimburse you...

mark

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2008, 05:46 PM
Andy...don't think we will be able to manage now...really need to spend time on the house.

If I'm due any money for you organizing food...I will of course reimburse you...

mark

No problem Mark. No monies due. That house is sucking up all your free time mate, you need to get out more.:frown: But I'm sure it will be lovely when it's all done.:cool:

vintageb3
27th May 2008, 05:57 PM
Well its a toss up between going on the runs...and feeling guilty that i should be working on the hoose...or getting it to a point where I can leave it...be happy(not guilty)....and go back to it in the winter. Need to get all the major stuff done...then tidy up as i go along. I promised myself i wouldn't stop the renovations until they were "finished" this time...since i have started in good faith before...then my steam kinda ran out.

Don't know why i even road taxed the car in January.:frown:and it STILL has its winter wheels on!!!!:ragin::argh: Car hasn't had a bucket wash since December....just a foam wash...and slung back in the garage.

Oh well...back to it for me:eyes up:fixing cracks in ye olde egg and dart cornice isn't fun....

Hope its a good run!

mark

Bumble
27th May 2008, 06:36 PM
You've been 'one' for ages!:smilewinkgrin:

ur a cheeky elfie ... but then it takes "one" to know "one"

Jude
27th May 2008, 08:24 PM
I want to sit beside mum and dad. Craig get narky if he's not fed at regular intervals and they've definitely got the magic touch! SOoo excited about this run.

AndyP & Lenore
27th May 2008, 08:28 PM
I want to sit beside mum and dad. Craig get narky if he's not fed at regular intervals and they've definitely got the magic touch! SOoo excited about this run.

Sorry Jude, we called shotgun on this long ago. You think Craig gets narky when he's hungry. You haven't seen Lenore when she's hungry yet.:laugh::laugh:

ELFMAN
28th May 2008, 08:25 AM
ur a cheeky elfie ... but then it takes "one" to know "one"

Like Connor MacLeod said in 'Highlander' (in a rather strange accent)
“There can be only...... ONE.”:thumbs up: (if only they'd stuck to that and not made all those bloody sequels:argh:).:off topic: NO IT ISN'T - it's about CINEMA!!!

rosssp
28th May 2008, 12:37 PM
wish i could have been there for the Indiana run but fortuately for myself i´m sunning it up in spain. see you soon. Ross

The Dogfather
29th May 2008, 04:07 PM
Andy, I'm going to drop out. I've got some promotional work to do.

Have a good one.

AndyP & Lenore
29th May 2008, 04:27 PM
Andy, I'm going to drop out. I've got some promotional work to do.

Have a good one.

No Problem Paul. Thanks for letting us know.:thumbs up:

A.

gauldrymini
30th May 2008, 11:25 AM
Can't manage this run but saw the film this week and we thought it was great, enjoy...:thumbs up:

Andrew

Jude
31st May 2008, 07:06 PM
Looking forward to the run tomorrow. Hope the weather holds. Think I've almost convinced Craig to see the film although it's a bit scarier than what he's used to. He's a sensitive sole really:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Andrew -just have the nachos ready;bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2008, 08:16 PM
Nachos all ready for you. Nice new crunchier nachos too.:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
31st May 2008, 09:39 PM
Nachos all ready for you. Nice new crunchier nachos too.:thumbs up:

Are there going to be any other Rangers players there? I'll just stick to the Popcorn thanks - literally. See y'all tomorrow!:popcorn::smilewinkgrin:

stoney
31st May 2008, 10:31 PM
well this is going to round off a week of driving for me done about 1500 miles already this week :thud: and 1000 of them in the last 3 days :yawn: so off to bed so can be bright eyed for tomorow :thumbs up:

looking forward to this but may be asleep during the film :yawn: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
1st June 2008, 12:11 AM
well this is going to round off a week of driving for me done about 1500 miles already this week :thud: and 1000 of them in the last 3 days :yawn: so off to bed so can be bright eyed for tomorow :thumbs up:

looking forward to this but may be asleep during the film :yawn: ;)

Never.:hand: The film will keep you gripped.:D

A.;)

Craig
1st June 2008, 07:17 AM
Well, it's an absolutely gorgeous day here, fingers crossed it stays that way... :thumbs up:

see you all soon.. ;bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
1st June 2008, 08:24 AM
Dry and bright down here too. A bit cloudy, but no rain.:thumbs up:

See you all soon.:D

SimonS
1st June 2008, 05:42 PM
Dry and bright down here too. A bit cloudy, but no rain.:thumbs up:

...Would you like to rephrase that?:Whistle::blush::Whistle:

SimonS
1st June 2008, 05:58 PM
Some photo's of today. I think "Dry and bright" has a different meaning in the Borders:p

Here (http://gallery.mac.com/simon.a.smith#100071)

AndyP & Lenore
1st June 2008, 07:38 PM
I think "Dry and bright" has a different meaning in the Borders:p

It was lovely yesterday.:thud:

AndyP & Lenore
1st June 2008, 07:45 PM
We would just like to say a huge thanks to all for coming today and making it another fab MINI adventure:smilewinkgrin:, also a huge thanks to Craig and Jude for leading the convoy from Bellingham to Leaplish Car Park.:smilewinkgrin:

Apologies for the cr@p weather, we will try and do better for the Borders Run.:smilewinkgrin:

Hope you all enjoyed today as much as we did.

Pics to follow soon.

A & L:D

weefossy
1st June 2008, 08:46 PM
Well, it's an absolutely gorgeous day here, fingers crossed it stays that way... :thumbs up:

see you all soon.. ;bigwave:

Quote of the day:idea::idea:

The Dogfather
1st June 2008, 09:01 PM
Looks like you got the same weather we did, pish.

Craig
1st June 2008, 09:25 PM
Great Day out again with NMS. Thanks to the Pooles for finding a great place for lunch and for the cheap cinema tickets......:thumbs up:

the weather is nothing - we live in Scotland, so it always rains.. ;)

I just want to say sorry to those I passed on the A7 on the way up the road. I was fading fast as was Jude and I just wanted to get up the road... on that note - who stole Stoney and swapped him with an old lady ? ;):hand: I never thought you drove at that speed... :thud:

hope to see you on the Perthshire Run... :thumbs up:

Bumble
1st June 2008, 09:26 PM
Rubbish weather but didn't spoil the day, thanks to everyone for making it a great day out, table 10/01 for being a bit silly (poor potato - it wasn't it's fault it was different) and thanks to the Pooles for the nice lunch stop, cut price tickets and the :popcorn:.

... here are a few of my pics ...

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/93/92/25/2592935620233_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/93/64/99/9964935620233_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/93/39/49/4939935620233_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/14/39/86/8639145620233_0_ALB.jpg

Craig
1st June 2008, 09:29 PM
sorry Lynn, can't see your photos... :confused:

Bumble
1st June 2008, 09:30 PM
awww ... ! what am i doing wrong!

Craig
1st June 2008, 09:33 PM
awww ... ! what am i doing wrong!

no idea, If I take the pic properties and put them in another explorer window they open up fine... :confused:

The Dogfather
1st June 2008, 09:37 PM
I think the site is blocking NMS displaying them. Not sure how though. You can view them directly though.

Rubbish weather but didn't spoil the day, thanks to everyone for making it a great day out, table 10/01 for being a bit silly (poor potato - it wasn't it's fault it was different) and thanks to the Pooles for the nice lunch stop, cut price tickets and the :popcorn:.

... here are a few of my pics ...

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/93/92/25/2592935620233_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/93/64/99/9964935620233_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/93/39/49/4939935620233_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos328/2/20/56/14/39/86/8639145620233_0_ALB.jpg

Bumble
1st June 2008, 09:47 PM
there they are ... strange!

No worries about zooming past Craig ... Stoney turned into a layby (followed by Elf) on the city bypass so hope all is okay and it was just a re-group?

Neil and Lorna
1st June 2008, 09:49 PM
We also had a great day, hope you all enjoyed.:D

Here's a few of our pics from today.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/013a.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/011a.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/020.jpg

Is it always foggy in England.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/043.jpg

Its only special people that get 2 Yorkshire Puds.:thumbs up:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/047.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/053.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/052.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/indie%20run%202008/106.jpg

Neil and Lorna.

Colin
1st June 2008, 09:57 PM
Big thanks to the Pooles for another great run, the weather didn't spoil it. :thumbs up: Those roads would have been sooo much fun in the dry though.
Lunch was yummmy! Enjoyed the film, thanks to Andy & Neil for the wee tour of the projection rooms, very interesting. Roll on the next one.
What was up with Stoney on the way back, it's not often we overtake him.:eek:

weefossy
1st June 2008, 10:01 PM
Another fantastic run, despite the weather. What a great laugh it was, thanks again to the "Popcorn Kids". Didn't take too many photos but here's a few

The banter in the rain was better than the banner in the wet
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/NMSintherain.jpg

Play nice children
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/CraigAndy.jpg

Forget the medal...look at the amount of wax (BS take note)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/CrombersMedal.jpg

Which one's the carer???
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/JudeMom.jpg

Gismo
2nd June 2008, 03:16 AM
Forget the medal...look at the amount of wax (BS take note)Crombers mate, You're Fired :nag:

Jude
2nd June 2008, 07:52 AM
Would just like to add my thanks to Andrew and Lenore, Neil and Lorna for a fab day out and all their hard work. Film and nachos were excellent:smilewinkgrin:
Also have to thank Siobhan for making my day extra special. Haven't laughed so much in ages:thumbs up:
Finally, have to apologise for embarassing Colin walking through Gala in my lovely waterproof. Think the clue was when he asked if I could walk two paces in front of him:laugh::laugh:

Madness is only a state of mind:Whistle:

Crombers
2nd June 2008, 08:19 AM
Crombers mate, You're Fired :nag:

Firing accepted boss :moonie:

Saw proof of the evil rust yesterday on a four/five year old so ...........
I'm out, I quit, I be offski, ta-ta ;bigwave:

Polish is the new god :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
2nd June 2008, 08:21 AM
I just want to say sorry to those I passed on the A7 on the way up the road. I was fading fast as was Jude and I just wanted to get up the road... on that note - who stole Stoney and swapped him with an old lady ? ;):hand: I never thought you drove at that speed... :thud:

I need to apologise to Elfman as well as I think I kinda squeezed in front of him during that mad rush of overtaking....sorry dude:thumbs up: In my defence tho I'd just had a text saying my tea was at 8.30 and the way stoney was driving I would be lucky if I made it home for breakfast:ragin:
I'll add my thanks to the Poole's as well;bigwave: Great grub and good movie...TA:smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
2nd June 2008, 08:49 AM
BIG Thanks to the Pooles for organising another great day out - try to work a bit harder on the weather, guys - you know you can do it. Enjoyed the Projection Room tours, very interesting to see what goes on while everybody's enjoying a film. Lunch was up to the usual standard (if only I could've had a wee nap afterwards........) Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing - thanks everybody!

On the way home from Gala, we were taking it easy - I had about a quarter of a tank of juice left, and Bumble's MINI was feeling a bit 'under the weather' (in more ways than one). I reckoned Stoney was in the same boat as me, fuel-wise, so with that in mind, I just contented myself with a leisurely run home.... BUT - as Bumble said, Stoney turned into a layby as we went onto the M8, and I pulled in after him. Turns out our lad has picked up the 'dreaded lurgy' - he was NOT a well man, so the two of us just drove home slowly in horrible conditions - spray, standing water etc etc. Bad enough when you're feeling OK, nightmare when you're ill. Anyway, we got back to Larkhall, and Rob was away to his bed, looking like death warmed up - hope you're feeling better mate!

Lurgy, Low Fuel and a wonky Bumblemobile (did it feel any better on the way home Lynn?). So that's the mystery of 'Indiana Jones and the Slow Stone' solved! See you all on the next one when hopefully all the cars and their drivers will be fighting fit! By the way Gordy, I saw you coming - you were fine - loads of room.

stoney
2nd June 2008, 02:44 PM
Great Day out again with NMS. Thanks to the Pooles for finding a great place for lunch and for the cheap cinema tickets......:thumbs up:

the weather is nothing - we live in Scotland, so it always rains.. ;)

hope to see you on the Perthshire Run... :thumbs up:

BIG Thanks to the Pooles for organising another great day out - try to work a bit harder on the weather, guys - you know you can do it. Enjoyed the Projection Room tours, very interesting to see what goes on while everybody's enjoying a film. Lunch was up to the usual standard (if only I could've had a wee nap afterwards........) Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing - thanks everybody!

On the way home from Gala, we were taking it easy - I had about a quarter of a tank of juice left, and Bumble's MINI was feeling a bit 'under the weather' (in more ways than one). I reckoned Stoney was in the same boat as me, fuel-wise, so with that in mind, I just contented myself with a leisurely run home.... BUT - as Bumble said, Stoney turned into a layby as we went onto the M8, and I pulled in after him. Turns out our lad has picked up the 'dreaded lurgy' - he was NOT a well man, so the two of us just drove home slowly in horrible conditions - spray, standing water etc etc. Bad enough when you're feeling OK, nightmare when you're ill. Anyway, we got back to Larkhall, and Rob was away to his bed, looking like death warmed up - hope you're feeling better mate!

Lurgy, Low Fuel and a wonky Bumblemobile (did it feel any better on the way home Lynn?). So that's the mystery of 'Indiana Jones and the Slow Stone' solved! See you all on the next one when hopefully all the cars and their drivers will be fighting fit! By the way Gordy, I saw you coming - you were fine - loads of room.

well got home and as elf man said went to my bet no longer then 1/2 hour in i was running to the tolit and bringing my verry nice lunch and toffie popcorn back witch did not tast any where neer as good when it went down :frown: so that is why i was driving slow so sorry for hold you peps up on the way home but was just not well

i would just like to say thanx to all that took part in oganising this run it was brill fun :thumbs up: and good to see behind the stiil movies :nag:

had i brill day till got home so just a big thanx

and a thanx to elf man for following me home just to make shure i was ok :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
2nd June 2008, 02:55 PM
I hope you feeling OK now, if not get well soon.

Craig
2nd June 2008, 05:07 PM
That explains it Rob... I've had a cough since Jan, so know it can't be fun. Hope you feel better soon. :thumbs up:

Don't worry about holding us up - we could have overtaken anytime.. :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
2nd June 2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks to all the Pooles for organising yesterday as per usal was a great NMS day out:thumbs up:.was great to see behind the sences :smilewinkgrin: and luch was fab:yes nod:

and hope ur better now stoney

Bumble
2nd June 2008, 07:00 PM

not really - seems to have a bit of a drift in it when braking ... but the grind has gone? didn't have time to phone garage today so it's on my list of things to do tomorrow :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd June 2008, 07:44 PM
well got home and as elf man said went to my bet no longer then 1/2 hour in i was running to the tolit and bringing my verry nice lunch and toffie popcorn back witch did not tast any where neer as good when it went down :frown: so that is why i was driving slow so sorry for hold you peps up on the way home but was just not well

i would just like to say thanx to all that took part in oganising this run it was brill fun :thumbs up: and good to see behind the stiil movies :nag:

had i brill day till got home so just a big thanx

and a thanx to elf man for following me home just to make shure i was ok :thumbs up:

Really sorry to hear you were unwell on the way home Rob. TBH, you were looking a bit pastey white most of the day, but I just put that down to you being tired with having a manic week beforehand.

Hope you pick up soon.

A.:thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
2nd June 2008, 07:47 PM
Had a great day out splashing through the puddles :D The rain just seemed to make it more fun for me. The hills were spectacular in the mist, the roads challenging & fun and the banter at stops even better than usual!
Very impressed with how well my new Cooper went in the conditions, even better than my last one :eek:
Thanks to A&L for organising and to everyone who attended to make it such a good day out.
Lovely lunch as well :p