PDA

View Full Version : Karting Anyone ? Sunday 2nd March

Craig
6th January 2008, 09:26 PM
Karting at Xtreme Karting on Sunday 2nd March 2008 @ 12:30hrs.

**This Event is now on**

Details of the Karting Place - http://www.xtremekarting.co.uk/index.stm. :D Directions are also on their website.

Please try to be at the venue for 12:00hrs so that we can get the money sorted out and your safety briefing so that you can get on the track on-time. The guy also said, if we turn up early, would could also get more practice time, therefore more time in the karts. :D

£35 per head

18 to 24 people required. Confirmed booking 22/01/08 for 18 people

Please PM me with your details so that you can send me your deposit £17.50 per person. :cool:

***MEET AT THE FALKIRK WHEEL CAR PARK NEXT TO THE WHEELHOUSE RESTAURANT @ 11:30HRS.***

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=camelon&ie=UTF8&ll=56.006468,-3.85633&spn=0.020491,0.05785&z=14&iwloc=addr

1. AndyP (DP)
2. Rob & Christine (DP)
3. Duncan (DP)
4. Russell (DP)
5. MiniWilliam (DP) (Cos Larbert isn't in Nigeria where he thought it was...)
6. Low'n'loud (DP
7. Neil (DP)
8. CCM (DP)
9. Ross P (DP)
10. AeroJonny + 2 (DP)
11. Ian King & Sarah (DP)
12. MarkyC & Other Half (DP)
13. Alyn (Craig's mate) (DP)

Total - 18

Extras:

Wee Dove + 1
Ross S
low'n'loud's work mate

Total = 4

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 09:30 PM
Definitely interested. But prob just me as Lenore's not much of a Karter.;)

A.:D

stoney
6th January 2008, 10:08 PM
me and christine

sounds good fun

how long do we get in time wise ?

stoney

Big Gordy
6th January 2008, 10:15 PM
I organised the same thing on here about 3-4 years ago at the same place and if memory serves we well the whole thing lasted about 2.5 hours all in:D I'll come along and shout abuse but not compete as my back kills me the next day everytime I go Karting:( Ross will probably go tho:rolleyes: Barry has changed the track a bit at xtreme as it now has a flyover:eek:;):cool:

duncan
6th January 2008, 10:19 PM
Yes please!

Craig
6th January 2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah Rob, as Gordy says, it depends how many people come, which package we go for. The more people, the better change we have of getting the full grand prix (5 heats per person and a final.:) )

I'll let you check with Ross before I put him down as a definately Gordy. ta. :cool:

Gismo
7th January 2008, 07:14 AM
Well what do ya know, i'm away working :mad: do all you folks organising events know my rota :eek: :rolleyes:

Craig
7th January 2008, 08:42 AM
Well what do ya know, i'm away working :mad: do all you folks organising events know my rota :eek: :rolleyes:

:( :( Sorry Alan, nope honestly not trying to exclude you... ;) :D

euan
7th January 2008, 09:35 AM
I could make this one as I'll be in Edinburgh for my stag do, will need to check what my brother has planned for me for the Sunday though.

AndyP & Lenore
7th January 2008, 09:55 AM

Yes.:p :p :p

Mini Ecosse
7th January 2008, 10:20 AM

They must have access to all shift rotas!:rolleyes:
I am also working that weekend

Stephen

MINI William
7th January 2008, 03:08 PM
ill come:D im not working lol

Burple
7th January 2008, 03:15 PM
crikey.. how did I miss this? ;)

Is that the same place as last time? In falkirk? :cool:
Have to see if my ol' racing nemesis Wul is still alive for a rematch!!! :cool::cool::D

Put us both down as a yes please for this!! (tho it may just be me karting eventually! :D:rolleyes:)

Big Gordy
7th January 2008, 05:15 PM
crikey.. how did I miss this? ;)

Is that the same place as last time? In falkirk? :cool:
Have to see if my ol' racing nemesis Wul is still alive for a rematch!!! :cool::cool::D

Put us both down as a yes please for this!! (tho it may just be me karting eventually! :D:rolleyes:)

Yes Euan its the same place;) It was Wul, you and Willie M on the podium last time was it not:confused:

Burple
7th January 2008, 05:24 PM
Yes Euan its the same place;) It was Wul, you and Willie M on the podium last time was it not:confused:

It certainly was! :cool: A hard fought 9 and-a-half lap battle between myself and Willie M for 2nd (Got him on the 2nd last corner of lap 10 :D), while cheeky Wul scampered off in front of the scrap to win...

On a side note, There may be a couple of people from Ellie's work up for coming as well, and a couple from mine too if we need numbers :cool::D

Craig
7th January 2008, 07:05 PM
thanks for the support folks, updates made.

need a few more tho... ;)

Neil and Lorna
8th January 2008, 08:05 PM
Me please.:D

Last time I was karting my nephew who I must add weighed half of what I weighed lapped me. :eek: :eek:

Neil, Lorna will probably go but not take part in the karting.:D

vintageb3
8th January 2008, 08:26 PM
I'll go if you can promise me action like this:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GopAAgS6o

I'll just bring a camera though;)

mark

Craig
8th January 2008, 09:19 PM
I'll go if you can promise me action like this:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GopAAgS6o

I'll just bring a camera though;)

mark

More than welcome to come and spectate. That's what I will be doing. My arse isn't made to fit in the kart...:eek: ;) :o :D

vintageb3
8th January 2008, 09:21 PM
OK...I give in...that's my reason too:(

mark

Duncan Stewart
11th January 2008, 09:08 PM
More than welcome to come and spectate. That's what I will be doing. My arse isn't made to fit in the kart...:eek: ;) :o :D

Me too I'm afraid :eek: :o Have a good event :D

Colin
12th January 2008, 07:31 PM
I'd be up for this Craig.

rosssp
14th January 2008, 02:44 PM
can i come please???

AeroJonny
14th January 2008, 02:57 PM
Count me in, I'll probably be able to rope in a few of my friends as well. how many do you need for the full GP craig??

ianking
14th January 2008, 03:02 PM
Stick me down for this please.

I will speak to Sarah tonight and see if she fancies it, (the karting that is) :D

Craig
14th January 2008, 05:58 PM
can i come please???

no probs Ross, that's you added.:)

Craig
14th January 2008, 05:59 PM
Count me in, I'll probably be able to rope in a few of my friends as well. how many do you need for the full GP craig??

well, they say 25 people for an exclusive GP, but I am going to speak to them this week to find out what they can offer us. I do know of another 2 who will come but he can't be bothered logging on :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

I'll let you know, I don't have a problem with your friends coming along. :cool:

Craig
14th January 2008, 06:00 PM
Stick me down for this please.

I will speak to Sarah tonight and see if she fancies it, (the karting that is) :D

that's you added Ian. :D

Burple
14th January 2008, 06:04 PM
Craigy-boy... at least another 2 from my work want to come now... :cool::D

Craig
14th January 2008, 06:15 PM
Craigy-boy... at least another 2 from my work want to come now... :cool::D

cool, :D

Once I speak to them, I'll be asking for 50% non-refundable deposits, 'cos that is what they ask for...:o Sorry, but I ain't getting left with a big bill. :(

sorry if this upsets anyone, but it is the way they have it on their website.

Craig
14th January 2008, 06:20 PM
UPDATE !!!!!

We are booked for Sunday 2nd March 2008 at 12:30hrs. :D

we have to turn up with 18 to 24 drivers for the price to be £35 each.

if we drop down under 18 drivers the price is £37.50

We have 2 options, a MINI Grand Prix - details here... http://www.xtremekarting.co.uk/MiniGrandPrix.stm

or a team challenge, ie 3 teams of 6.... http://www.xtremekarting.co.uk/TeamChallengeRaceEvent(12-24driv.stm

Due to costs etc, I need a 50% deposit (£17.50) asap as I have to pay it by the 23rd of January. Those that are DEFINATELY going to come, please PM me and I will reply with address so that you can send me a cheque. If you want, give me your number and I can phone you with my bank account number to pay into (don't like send this over the internet unsecured. :cool: )

Please let me know what option of event you want as this has to be confirmed when I pay the deposit in about 10 days time. I thank you. :D

ianking
14th January 2008, 06:42 PM
I fancy the sound of the GP race

stoney
14th January 2008, 06:43 PM
UPDATE !!!!!

We are booked for Sunday 3rd March 2008 at 12:30hrs. :D

we have to turn up with 18 to 24 drivers for the price to be £35 each.

if we drop down under 18 drivers the price is £37.50

We have 2 options, a MINI Grand Prix - details here... http://www.xtremekarting.co.uk/MiniGrandPrix.stm

or a team challenge, ie 3 teams of 6.... http://www.xtremekarting.co.uk/TeamChallengeRaceEvent(12-24driv.stm

Due to costs etc, I need a 50% deposit (£17.50) asap as I have to pay it by the 23rd of January. Those that are DEFINATELY going to come, please PM me and I will reply with address so that you can send me a cheque. If you want, give me your number and I can phone you with my bank account number to pay into (don't like send this over the internet unsecured. :cool: )

Please let me know what option of event you want as this has to be confirmed when I pay the deposit in about 10 days time. I thank you. :D

are you going 2 come and meet us on sunday at the end my the run ?

if not i will give you a phone or you could text me your details and i wil get it put in your bank for you ;)

Craig
14th January 2008, 06:46 PM
are you going 2 come and meet us on sunday at the end my the run ?

if not i will give you a phone or you could text me your details and i wil get it put in your bank for you ;)

I'll text you mate - GP or Team Challenge. ?:)

AndyP & Lenore
14th January 2008, 07:00 PM
Will be seeing you on Thur or Fri so will pay you then if that's OK.

As for format.... the team challenge looks good as you get 60 mins of constant racing, split between the team. But I think there's more than three teams. It's says 6 to 8 teams of 2 to 3 people depending on the number of racers. If there were only 3 persons to a team that's 20 mins constant racing each, which would be very cool. And with a team effort, even fat b******s like me still stand a (small) chance of a decent time (collectively). With the GP option, you're only guaranteed 2 races of 12 laps each. How long is a lap? 1 min? 2 min?

I dunno.... I'll go with the majority;) . Don't know enough about Karting to make an informed decision.:confused:

Craig
14th January 2008, 07:24 PM
Will be seeing you on Thur or Fri so will pay you then if that's OK.

As for format.... the team challenge looks good as you get 60 mins of constant racing, split between the team. But I think there's more than three teams. It's says 6 to 8 teams of 2 to 3 people depending on the number of racers. If there were only 3 persons to a team that's 20 mins constant racing each, which would be very cool. And with a team effort, even fat b******s like me still stand a (small) chance of a decent time (collectively). With the GP option, you're only guaranteed 2 races of 12 laps each. How long is a lap? 1 min? 2 min?

I dunno.... I'll go with the majority;) . Don't know enough about Karting to make an informed decision.:confused:

trust you not to read all the info... ;) You get 2 heats and then a final regardless of how you perform. (a total of 36 laps) Only the A Final get prizes tho... :D

Money later this week is fine mate ta.

ianking
14th January 2008, 08:00 PM
Craig

Sarah would like to come as well. She votes for GP.

Craig
14th January 2008, 08:05 PM
Craig

Sarah would like to come as well. She votes for GP.

Ok thats the 2 of you booked. I'll send you my bank details via text so you can send me your deposit. Thanks (£35 for the 2 of you)

AndyP & Lenore
14th January 2008, 08:09 PM
trust you not to read all the info... ;) You get 2 heats and then a final regardless of how you perform. (a total of 36 laps) Only the A Final get prizes tho... :D

Money later this week is fine mate ta.

Did read it through. It's just that when I got to the end, I'd forgotten what they said half-way through.:rolleyes:

I think the Team challenge thing may be more suited to experienced karters. We'll probably have a mix of experiences there so maybe GP is best. Every man for themselves.

Colin
14th January 2008, 09:52 PM
Craig I presume you mean the 2nd of March. :confused::)

AndyP & Lenore
14th January 2008, 10:14 PM
Craig I presume you mean the 2nd of March. :confused::)

OOps. When I "stuck" the thread I copied Craig's date as Sunday 3rd March into the thread title. Sorry Craig. Fixed that now.

And I've fixed all your other date errors in the entire thread too.;)

A.:o

euan
14th January 2008, 10:44 PM
Craig, been told that there will be stag "activities" on the Sunday so I won't be able to make it after all I'm afraid - sorry if this scuppers your numbers or anything!

Craig
14th January 2008, 11:10 PM
Craig, been told that there will be stag "activities" on the Sunday so I won't be able to make it after all I'm afraid - sorry if this scuppers your numbers or anything!

Not a problem Euan, I hadn't counted you in the numbers yet. ;)

Craig
14th January 2008, 11:11 PM
OOps. When I "stuck" the thread I copied Craig's date as Sunday 3rd March into the thread title. Sorry Craig. Fixed that now.

And I've fixed all your other date errors in the entire thread too.;)

A.:o

whatever. ! :rolleyes:

eh, fanks. :D

ianking
15th January 2008, 09:28 AM
Cheque away in the post today for 2 deposits.

thanks

Craig
15th January 2008, 05:30 PM
Cheque away in the post today for 2 deposits.

thanks

thanks Ian. :D

Craig
15th January 2008, 09:15 PM
Low'n'loud - can you confirm if you can get 2 people from your work?

AeroJonny - can you get a couple of your mates to come along?

either way guys, I need to confirm numbers and get deposits within the week. Cheers :)

AndyP & Lenore
15th January 2008, 09:19 PM
Craig, Ross is also going to try and get a mate to come along. I'll remind him later to give the bloke a call and see if he can make it.

A.;)

Craig
15th January 2008, 09:21 PM
Craig, Ross is also going to try and get a mate to come along. I'll remind him later to give the bloke a call and see if he can make it.

A.;)

Thanks...... :)

Craig
15th January 2008, 09:23 PM
Duncan, MiniWilliam, Low'n'loud & Aerojonny.

I see that you have all logged on today, but you maybe missed the info that I need your money asap so that I can pay for the depost at the beginning of next week. PLEASE contact me asap to make arrangements to pay the deposit.

Thanks guys. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th January 2008, 01:14 PM
Craig, as I said to you on the phone, RossP's mate; Russell will be joining us on the Karting day. He doesn't yet have a MINI so we need to work on him to get him into the MINI way.

I've amended the first post.

A.;)

Craig
16th January 2008, 06:31 PM
Craig, as I said to you on the phone, RossP's mate; Russell will be joining us on the Karting day. He doesn't yet have a MINI so we need to work on him to get him into the MINI way.

I've amended the first post.

A.;)

No Probs Andy, thanks for that. :cool:

PM'd those that seem to have missed the payment part of this thread.. ;)

Craig
17th January 2008, 08:43 AM
Rob,

deposit received mate - thanks very much. :D

stoney
17th January 2008, 09:43 AM
Rob,

deposit received mate - thanks very much. :D

no prob looking forward 2 this :D :D

should be good fun :cool:

Craig
17th January 2008, 05:25 PM
Deposits received today for

Andy
Neil
RossP
Russell From AndyP - thanks :D

cheque received from Ian & Sarah (will bank tomorrow) - thanks also. :D

Got a message from AeroJonny saying that he is send me his deposits today. Thanks :)

LOW'N'LOUD AND MINI WILLIAM. PLEASE RESPOND WITH INFO REGARDING DEPOSITS. I HAVE PM'D YOU BOTH AND SEVERAL POSTS ON HERE RE DEPOSITS AND HAVE HEARD NOTHING. I NEED YOUR MONEY BY MONDAY. THANKS. :o

Craig
17th January 2008, 10:12 PM
William,

thanks for the reply, sorry, thought you knew where it was. :o Understand about the distance. :)

C

MINI William
18th January 2008, 08:05 AM
sorry craig u have pm now lol sorry for being a pain (comes natural at 18:D )

Craig
18th January 2008, 08:37 AM
sorry craig u have pm now lol sorry for being a pain (comes natural at 18:D )

Got it William, replied with the details.

cheers
:D

Craig
18th January 2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks to Jonny for dropping of the deposits at the house. Really appreciate it mate. :cool:

Low'n'loud, got your text and replied. Look forward to your chq.. :)

Duncan - got your message re chq in the post. Thanks. :D

we are now over the magical 19, so if anyone's circumstances change and they are unable to make it, please try and give me as much notice as possible so that I can try and fill your place (I understand things can change. :) )

Anybody else want to take part. I have space.. :cool:

Burple
18th January 2008, 06:13 PM
cheque for me is now in the post.. sorry that took so long. Was trying to round up people at work..

Ever heard that saying that organising computer programmers is like herding cats?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Anyway.. turns out, now that it's cash time, none of them are so keen <sigh>, but my pennies should be winging their way to you :D

If there's any chance of expanding the numbers nearer the date and we REALLY need more people, I'll bend their ears again...
Ellie might be coming, but probably not racing (tendonitis in the wrists :().

Craig
18th January 2008, 06:16 PM
cheque for me is now in the post.. sorry that took so long. Was trying to round up people at work..

Ever heard that saying that organising computer programmers is like herding cats?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Anyway.. turns out, now that it's cash time, none of them are so keen <sigh>, but my pennies should be winging their way to you :D

If there's any chance of expanding the numbers nearer the date and we REALLY need more people, I'll bend their ears again...
Ellie might be coming, but probably not racing (tendonitis in the wrists :().

you don't have to tell me about programmers, as long as they have their green tea, long hair and sandals with white socks on, they are happy.. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll put you back to 1 person, I have a few people at work that may be interested, but a couple of them are programmers, so you know how that could go... :eek: ;)

Thanks for the chq in the post. :cool:

Craig
19th January 2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks to Duncan and Ewan - received your chqs today. :D

MINI William
19th January 2008, 04:11 PM
cheque in post:D

Craig
19th January 2008, 04:49 PM
cheque in post:D

thanks young man.

that just leaves Marky Boy, but I know where he lives...... must have a new hobby these days... :rolleyes: :p

Craig
20th January 2008, 08:22 PM
OK, got 16 confirmed.. :D

would like another 2 to make up to 18 (to make sure we pay £35 rather than £37.50)

anyone else want to come? I will try to get some from work...;)

N12 JLK
20th January 2008, 08:27 PM
Would be great Craig but going away just before the karting night and need lots of dosh for that.

Craig
22nd January 2008, 07:11 PM
Ok Folks, I confirmed the booking today and paid the £315 deposit :eek: :)

When I booked, they confirmed that as we have booked for 18 people, this is the minimum number that can attend (and have to be paid for), although we can go up to 24 people. :) So if you know anyone else that wants to come along, they can pay the full amount on the day.

Also, if you do not turn up on the day, your place still has to be paid for, therefore I would suggest that if it turns out that you cannot make it, either try and get someone to fill in for you, or just send me your final payment.:D

I WILL NOT BE LEFT WITH A BILL. :rolleyes: :(

Big Gordy
23rd January 2008, 09:25 AM
Craig:D Ross says he will be there if he's onshore at the time;) :cool:

Craig
23rd January 2008, 08:10 PM
Craig:D Ross says he will be there if he's onshore at the time;) :cool:

No Probs Gordy, he will just pay on the day. I will put him down as a maybe. :)

MINI William
23rd January 2008, 08:17 PM
craig you got my cheque yet?:(

Craig
23rd January 2008, 08:25 PM
craig you got my cheque yet?:(

eh, yeah, sorry :o updated the first post but forgot to reply here. Getting paid into account tomorrow.

MINI William
23rd January 2008, 09:30 PM
well thats just not good enough:mad: lol no probs craig:D

MINI William
23rd January 2008, 09:56 PM
Very funny craig.:D just noticed what you have next to my name lol:D

broken_brian
4th February 2008, 11:55 PM
Awww lnl just told me about this i think like bonnie scotland you know my work rota so i cant make it :mad:

wee dove
13th February 2008, 05:49 PM
im up for this.i will have some1 else with me if that is ok.

Craig
13th February 2008, 06:15 PM
im up for this.i will have some1 else with me if that is ok.

Wee Dove, it's pay on the day for you now, I just need to make sure that we stay within the 18 to 24 runners. Shouldn't be a problem, I'll add you to the list. :D

wee dove
13th February 2008, 08:18 PM
thats fine mate.i will definatly be ther.just let me know if ther is only room for me.

Craig
18th February 2008, 07:41 PM
OK Folks,

Under 2 weeks to go, just a polite reminder that if you find out you cannot make it, please try and get someone to take you place, or you will have to pay for your place. :( Their rules, not mine I'm afraid.

I suggest meeting at the Falkirk Wheel Car Park on this map.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=camelon&ie=UTF8&ll=56.006468,-3.85633&spn=0.020491,0.05785&z=14&iwloc=addr

Where the A803 and A883 meet, there is a roundabout, you will see a restaurant (The Wheel House), turn into that road and the car park is on your right. If we meet there, then I can take you round to the Karting place as it is a bit tricky to find if you don't know where it is. :cool:

Meet at the car park at 11:30hrs, as they say if we turn up a wee bit earlier, we get more practice time. :cool:

If anyone has any questions, just let me know. Ta :)

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2008, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a plan to me captain.

Looking forward to this.;) Not 'cos I have even a minuscule chance of beating anyone - far to "well fed" for that.:rolleyes: :o

MINI William
18th February 2008, 08:30 PM
craig do you have a postcode for the falkirk wheel as lets face it i may need some help 2 find it lol:D

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2008, 08:47 PM
craig do you have a postcode for the falkirk wheel as lets face it i may need some help 2 find it lol:D

Here you go William... Larbert on Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&q=nigeria&ll=9.037003,8.591309&spn=7.35135,10.217285&z=7) :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2008, 08:50 PM
Craig, have you any idea what food their "reception area" sells. I see some Walkers crisps, but nothing else. Can we lunch there? Is there a cafe? If not, are we allowed to bring food in?

Craig
18th February 2008, 09:09 PM
Craig, have you any idea what food their "reception area" sells. I see some Walkers crisps, but nothing else. Can we lunch there? Is there a cafe? If not, are we allowed to bring food in?

eh, never even thought about food as you will be finished by about 2ish and you get there about 12.... eh, don't know what they have, but I think it will mostly be snacks. As for taking your own food in, don't know either.:o :o

will need to phone them tomorrow to check.. :)

Craig
18th February 2008, 09:14 PM
just had a look at their website and they can do a buffet, BUT I really don't want the hassle of organising this also... :p

I would just take your own stuff in with you and see what happens. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

MINI William
19th February 2008, 07:11 PM
thanks andy:D

AndyP & Lenore
19th February 2008, 08:14 PM
thanks andy:D

Just don't follow THAT map will ya.:D ;)

AndyP & Lenore
19th February 2008, 08:16 PM
just had a look at their website and they can do a buffet, BUT I really don't want the hassle of organising this also... :p

I would just take your own stuff in with you and see what happens. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Wasn't suggesting a buffet. Wouldn't take my own stuff either, without prior permission/arrangement.;)

I guess I can probably go without food for a couple of hours.:rolleyes: Would be a record mind you.:o

Big Gordy
19th February 2008, 08:42 PM

Guys I would recommend a trip to the cafe at the wheel:D There coffee is good and their scones are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge:eek:;):D

Scottie
19th February 2008, 08:43 PM
Guys I would recommend a trip to the cafe at the wheel:D There coffee is good and their scones are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge:eek:;):D

you kidding right.??? on mothering Sunday and you hope to get a seat.;) ;) :p

Big Gordy
19th February 2008, 08:49 PM
Jings:eek::eek::eek: I forgot about that:o:p:D

Craig
19th February 2008, 08:54 PM
Jings:eek::eek::eek: I forgot about that:o:p:D

Do you know if Ross is coming yet ?;)

Big Gordy
19th February 2008, 09:09 PM
Do you know if Ross is coming yet ?;)

Yes he should be here....I reminded him tonight when he phoned from the north sea that it was on the 2nd:D

Craig
19th February 2008, 09:44 PM
Yes he should be here....I reminded him tonight when he phoned from the north sea that it was on the 2nd:D

Cool.... :)

Craig
25th February 2008, 12:14 PM
Ok Folks, only 6 days to go go go go!!!!! as Murray Walker would say ;)

just a small request, when you arrive at the Falkirk Wheel Car Park, I would like to collect the money for the karting so that we are organised for when we get to the karting, thus meaning more practice laps. :cool:

If you could pllllllllllleeeeease have the right money as I will not have loads of change.. :o :D ;)

ok, who's yer money on for the win ? ?;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2008, 01:20 PM

I would say it's between Rob and Colin.

Everyone else is either "heavier" than them, or a girl. And we know girls can't drive as fast as boys.:eek: :eek: :eek:

<<<<<<< Runs and hides.:o

Big Gordy
25th February 2008, 01:40 PM

Well....Wee Low'n'Loud was 2nd last time we ran this:rolleyes: Seeing as his arch nemisis, Wul isn't racing he's my bet on a win:D His pocket size and low down centre of gravity are perfect for cart racing:p ;) :D

ianking
25th February 2008, 03:03 PM
Here you AndyP im no a girl. A bit of a jessie maybe but not a girl.

stoney
25th February 2008, 03:25 PM
well thanx for the vote andy i dont know how well i will do as have not been in a kart for a good 10years

MINI William
25th February 2008, 04:10 PM
rob all you need to know is the accelerater is on the right (as we all know you dont use the brake):D

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2008, 05:29 PM
Well....Wee Low'n'Loud was 2nd last time we ran this:rolleyes: Seeing as his arch nemisis, Wul isn't racing he's my bet on a win:D His pocket size and low down centre of gravity are perfect for cart racing:p ;) :D

Plus he benefits from having streamlined airflow.:D :eek: :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2008, 05:30 PM
Here you AndyP im no a girl. A bit of a jessie maybe but not a girl.

Aye, but like me Ian, you like yer grub. Make no mistake, we've nae chance.:eek: :D

Burple
25th February 2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Big Gordy http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=161495#post161495)
Well....Wee Low'n'Loud was 2nd last time we ran this:rolleyes: Seeing as his arch nemisis, Wul isn't racing he's my bet on a win:D His pocket size and low down centre of gravity are perfect for cart racing

Plus he benefits from having streamlined airflow. :eek: :D

A.

:rolleyes: well we'll just have to see on sunday.. If I can get round you 'bigger targets'... :p:D

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2008, 06:04 PM
:rolleyes: well we'll just have to see on sunday.. If I can get round you 'bigger targets'... :p:D

PMSL.:D

Looking forward to this.:D

N12 JLK
26th February 2008, 09:41 PM
we may pop round on Sunday to watch for a wee bit, should be a laugh.

Burple
27th February 2008, 04:42 PM
PMSL.:D

Looking forward to this.:D

Heh.. I should get an extra prize for driving the extra mileage round some of the more 'rotund' members/racers ;);):p:p:p:p

Craig
29th February 2008, 10:42 PM
As I have had no info from anyone, I will expect everyone to turn up on Sunday. :D

See you all on Sunday morning. :cool:

MINI William
1st March 2008, 04:10 PM
is anyone from the edinburgh area wanting to meet and head through together??

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2008, 08:05 PM
is anyone from the edinburgh area wanting to meet and head through together??

William, we're meeting up with Neil and RossP at Hermiston Gate at 10.45am. How does that sound?

ianking
1st March 2008, 10:51 PM
William, we're meeting up with Neil and RossP at Hermiston Gate at 10.45am. How does that sound?

I will meet you there as well then.

Burple
1st March 2008, 11:01 PM
It'll be me +1 tomorrow, mate from work is coming too :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2008, 11:03 PM
I will meet you there as well then.

Cool.;)

Craig
1st March 2008, 11:04 PM
good stuff... guy from work pulled out today.. ;) :D

MINI William
2nd March 2008, 12:26 AM
that sounds great andy ill see you then

stoney
2nd March 2008, 01:28 AM
see you all the morow looking forward to this

Big Gordy
2nd March 2008, 04:11 PM
Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves today:D

Before......
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01516.jpg%5B/IMG%5Dhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01515.jpg

During....
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01517.jpg%5B/IMG%5Dhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01517.jpg

After....
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01535.jpg%5B/IMG%5Dhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01535.jpg

The winners....
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01531.jpg

Good day...well done Craig:cool:
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01531.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Big Gordy
2nd March 2008, 04:13 PM
Picture of the "Romper Suit" mini drivers:p
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSC01516.jpg

MINI William
2nd March 2008, 05:44 PM
Another great day out with NMS.thanks craig for organising it:D :D

Neil and Lorna
2nd March 2008, 06:21 PM
Had a fantastic time.:) :) :)

Cheers Craig for organising.:D :D

Well done to Rossp for wining.:)

Neil.:) :) :D

stoney
2nd March 2008, 06:37 PM
had a brill day alltho bashed and brusied :eek: thanx Mr D for doing all the hard work and not even raceing :eek:

well done ross ;)

Gismo
2nd March 2008, 06:38 PM
Looking good :cool: erm, i don't recognise the podium folks :eek: reminder to the organisers of runs, make sure i'm home next time ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd March 2008, 07:26 PM
Brilliant day.

And!!! I didn't come last - how'd that happen? lol

Well done Craig for organising and not enjoying any of the driving action. Had a fantastic time. Although my fingers are only just able to type on the keyboard.

Well done to the two Ross's and William for the Podium finishes.

ianking
2nd March 2008, 10:07 PM
Great day out for Sarah and I.

Many thanks to Craig for organising. :D

Craig
2nd March 2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks to all that came along today - I had nightmares that about 6 folk wouldn't turn up and I would be left with a big bill ;)

There were sure some "interesting" moves today and I think a few injuries. Post pics of your bruises and injuries.. :eek: :D :cool:

Glad you all enjoyed it :cool: This may be another winter event at the end of this year if there is enough interest. :D

Gismo
3rd March 2008, 03:58 AM
This may be another winter event at the end of this year if there is enough interest. :D
Oh aye, do you need to see my rota so that i can't make it :( ;) :rolleyes:

mini saltire
3rd March 2008, 10:04 AM
Looked like a fun day!! I wasn't able to make it as I was already Karting, although I was outside... cold.... windy..... wet..... but still great fun! I was entertaining 2 Polish Speedway stars (my inlaws sponsor Berwick Bandits) so the pressure was on to beat them, which I did. Turns out they don't like turning right :D :D !!

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2008, 11:31 AM
Is anyone else unable to grip anything today?

No bruises, but my legs hurt, my arms hurt, my wrists ache, my back is sore and I have absolutley no grip in my hands.

Fantastic day, though. I'd do it all again tomorrow if I had the chance.

Craig
3rd March 2008, 04:40 PM
Oh aye, do you need to see my rota so that i can't make it :( ;) :rolleyes:

yep, just let me know when you are out the country and I'll sort that for you.. :rolleyes: :o :)

Burple
3rd March 2008, 05:31 PM
Another cracking Karting adventure! :cool:
Great day, great racing!!, and some brill pics!
I was gonna post earlier and call AndyP a big puff.. but now things are starting to hurt! Including the bruis inside my right thigh! (Ooh, Matron!).
That must have been the bridge!!! :D:D:D

Top day! Cheers Craig! :cool:

MINI William
3rd March 2008, 07:37 PM
yehp im all sore today as well but like you andy i would do it all again:D

vintageb3
3rd March 2008, 08:45 PM
Is anyone else unable to grip anything today?

Oh get a grip Andy...;)

mark

Colin
4th March 2008, 12:22 AM
Great fun, but you defo feel a bit tender the next day :eek:. Got a big bruise on my lower back, must have been the bridge, kept coming out my seat at the top. But when there's no suspension you have to expect a rough ride. :D

Big thanks to Craig for organising it!