PDA

View Full Version : Perthshire Pleasure II - Sunday 22nd June 2008

Craig
6th January 2008, 09:14 PM
This is the second year of this run which takes in some of the best roads in Perthshire. :D

Format of the run will be the same as it seemed to work well last year :)

Last years run thread here - Perthshire Pleasure 2007 run thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10886&highlight=perthshire)

Details of the Day...

Meet at Stirling Services from 10:30hrs, departure at 11:00hrs.

Lunch at Crieff Visitors Centre (details available here.... Crieff Visitors centre web site (http://www.crieff.co.uk/restaurant.htm)) This should cater for all tastes, so you should be able to find something you want to eat, or you could have a picnic in the car park. :D

Finish in Perth (Broxden Services by the McD/Harvester/Travel inn) at approx 17:00hrs

The route is 130 miles in length going along some nice narrow MINI roads and seeing some cracking scenery.

RUN NOW FULL

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2008/perthshire_pleasure2_notes.pdf)

Names of Runners and Riders please... :D

1. Craig & Jude
3. AndyP & Lenore
4 VintageB3 & Kim
5. Rob & Christine
6. Bumble
7. Stephen & Allyson
8. Ian & Sarah
9. Jason, Lesley and Kerrso.
10. Duncan & Helen
11. Crombers & Karen
12. JOHN MILNE
13. Tonyjac
14. Elfman
15. CCM
16. Nicola
17. MarkyC & Nic
19. Scottiedoop & Allan
20. Rocker4500
21. Eddie44
22. Williams Mum & Dad (aka Brian and Stoney's Best Pal)
23. MINI William
24. Joyce W (Joyce, Derek and Brant)
26. 0004BES (Ben)
27. Mini16-123 (Roscoe) + 1
28. RossP + 1
29. bry_mini

Reserves.

Bazthemod
6th January 2008, 09:16 PM
Ohhhhh yes please :D

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 09:29 PM
Absolutely.

A.;) :D

Craig
6th January 2008, 09:31 PM
Updates Made. :D

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 09:37 PM
Stuck for you laddie.:D

Craig
6th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Stuck for you laddie.:D

thanks Dad. ;)

vintageb3
6th January 2008, 09:56 PM
Could you and Kim and I please?

Thanks!

mark

stoney
6th January 2008, 10:03 PM
me and christine please

Craig
6th January 2008, 10:28 PM
me and christine please

Could you and Kim and I please?

Thanks!

mark

Thanks folks.

Updates made. :)

Bumble
7th January 2008, 01:08 AM
Craig, can you put me down for this one too. Was cracking last year (still sounds odd to say that!)

Ta muchly

Lynn

Gismo
7th January 2008, 07:08 AM
Am away working :(

Mini Ecosse
7th January 2008, 10:17 AM
Yes please :)

Stephen & Allyson

ianking
7th January 2008, 06:33 PM
Yes please for the both of us

N12 JLK
7th January 2008, 06:55 PM
Me, Jason and Kerrso please Craig. It's the day after Jason's birthday so may have a bit of a sore heid

Craig
7th January 2008, 07:12 PM
All updates made....

sore heid... oh I know how that feels at the moment, but nothing to do with drink.! ;) :D

Duncan Stewart
7th January 2008, 09:41 PM
Add Helen & Me please :D

Craig
7th January 2008, 10:44 PM
Add Helen & Me please :D

Done Duncan - be one of your first runs in your R56 Coop ?

Crombers
8th January 2008, 02:55 PM
Karen & I , please kind sir :)

AndyP & Lenore
8th January 2008, 02:56 PM
Karen & I , please kind sir :)

Huh! I didn'y get a "kind sir" comment.:eek: :( :o

A.:D

Neil and Lorna
8th January 2008, 07:55 PM
Us please cheers very muchly.

Neil and Lorna:D

Craig
8th January 2008, 09:05 PM
All Updates made. :D

tonyjac
9th January 2008, 09:17 PM
me too please craig:)

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 09:33 PM
Can't miss this one, put another Lanarkshire man on the list please!

Craig
9th January 2008, 09:45 PM
me too please craig:)

Can't miss this one, put another Lanarkshire man on the list please!

that's you added chaps. :D

Duncan Stewart
11th January 2008, 09:25 PM
Done Duncan - be one of your first runs in your R56 Coop ?

Yup :D first fully day twisties run , but doing Factory run & Andy's movie run too

stoney
12th January 2008, 11:44 AM
i have just been putting all the run dates on 2 my calendar and realised that tis run is the week before jhons cullen run:eek: :eek: http://www.mini2.com/forum/uk-ireland-confirmed-events/148084-cullen-2008-28th-june.html

so dont know if i will make it as cullen is a over nighter is it not ?but leave me on the now will have 2 see what cash is like at the time :eek:

stoney

Craig
12th January 2008, 11:54 AM
i have just been putting all the run dates on 2 my calendar and realised that tis run is the week before jhons cullen run:eek: :eek: http://www.mini2.com/forum/uk-ireland-confirmed-events/148084-cullen-2008-28th-june.html

so dont know if i will make it as cullen is a over nighter is it not ?but leave me on the now will have 2 see what cash is like at the time :eek:

stoney

no worries Stoney, we all love to go to runs, but sometimes you can't do them all..

It would help if John put the date in our Calendar...:rolleyes: :p :D hardly logon to Mini2 ;)

Gismo
12th January 2008, 12:03 PM
It would help if John put the date in our Calendar...:rolleyes: :p :D hardly logon to Mini2 ;)
I've done it for him, though, he needs to post on NMS that it is happening :)

Craig
12th January 2008, 12:06 PM
I've done it for him, though, he needs to post on NMS that it is happening :)

ta, when picking my dates, I try to not make them too close to other runs so as many people can come as possible..;)

Colin
12th January 2008, 07:13 PM
Me please Craig. Ta very much. :)

Craig
12th January 2008, 09:23 PM
Thats you added Colin

Nicola
20th January 2008, 01:12 AM
Yes please!!!!:p

Craig
20th January 2008, 10:18 AM
Yes please!!!!:p

that's you added Nicola. :D

markyc
23rd January 2008, 09:33 PM
Marky boy and one other please Mr D

Bring it on!!!:D ;)

Craig
23rd January 2008, 09:44 PM
Marky boy and one other please Mr D

Bring it on!!!:D ;)

That's you and the wife added. :cool:

RyanK
7th February 2008, 12:58 AM
Put my name down please if you could Craig :)

Forgot how god this one was last year

Thanks!

Craig
7th February 2008, 10:35 PM
Put my name down please if you could Craig :)

Forgot how god this one was last year

Thanks!

No worries Ryan, that's you added. :D

Scottie
19th March 2008, 09:04 PM
Craig can I be added. Just been checking what runs leave at a decent hour;) :D and if it's ok with you we will drop out of the run sometime in the afternoon so we can be back home from 3pm.:D

think I need a paid dog sitter.

How do all you dog owners manage to do a full days run.??

Craig
19th March 2008, 10:14 PM
Craig can I be added. Just been checking what runs leave at a decent hour;) :D and if it's ok with you we will drop out of the run sometime in the afternoon so we can be back home from 3pm.:D

think I need a paid dog sitter.

How do all you dog owners manage to do a full days run.??

No probs Fi, that's you added.

Phone one of the girls who used to work with us at Stirling... Shirley McMillan.. Safe Paws (http://www.safepaws.co.uk) Marky knows her. She left and set up this business.. she could help.. ;)

Tell her I sent you and you might even get a discount...;)

Big Gordy
20th March 2008, 09:33 AM
Craig can you stick Ross(if he's home:rolleyes: ) and me down for this one.....TA:cool:

Craig
20th March 2008, 06:40 PM
Craig can you stick Ross(if he's home:rolleyes: ) and me down for this one.....TA:cool:

Sorted. :D

Crombers
28th April 2008, 09:09 AM
'Checks diary' OFF that weekend , sorted :thumbs up:

eddie 44
30th April 2008, 12:01 AM
craig... is there room for one more... :smilewinkgrin: off that weekend :D

Craig
30th April 2008, 04:37 PM
craig... is there room for one more... :smilewinkgrin: off that weekend :D

no probs Eddie, thats you added. :smilewinkgrin:

gauldrymini
7th May 2008, 09:33 PM
Craig

Could you put Sharon and myself down for this run...

Cheers:smilewinkgrin:

Andrew

MINI William
7th May 2008, 10:13 PM
and me plz craig:thumbs up:

Craig
7th May 2008, 10:32 PM
Craig

Could you put Sharon and myself down for this run...

Cheers:smilewinkgrin:

Andrew

and me plz craig:thumbs up:

Thats you all added. Filling up well now.. :thumbs up:

joyce w
9th May 2008, 09:53 PM
Is there any spaces left for the run as we would like to go , cheers Joyce, Derek and Brant

Craig
10th May 2008, 10:08 AM
Is there any spaces left for the run as we would like to go , cheers Joyce, Derek and Brant

Of course Joyce, that's you on the list. :thumbs up:

joyce w
10th May 2008, 08:40 PM
That's great, see you there,cheers Derek, Joyce & Brant:thumbs up:

symo29
14th May 2008, 06:11 PM
Me too please....... my first run

simon

Craig
15th May 2008, 06:42 AM
Me too please....... my first run

simon

no bother Simon, thats you added. :thumbs up:

got your PM also ;)

Fairy
20th May 2008, 07:15 PM
Oh Oh Oh Please put me down now that i own a Miin again!!! Woopee!!!! :D:D:D:D (will be bringing the boyfriend / co-driver!! lol)

Craig
20th May 2008, 08:01 PM
Oh Oh Oh Please put me down now that i own a Miin again!!! Woopee!!!! :D:D:D:D (will be bringing the boyfriend / co-driver!! lol)

Thats you added... ;)

have you resized those pics yet... lol :D

Fairy
20th May 2008, 09:52 PM
have you resized those pics yet... lol :D

Done :thumbs up:

Forbes
22nd May 2008, 10:27 PM
I would like to come along to this, need to get on my first run. So can i be down as a maybe? will let you know for sure soon. Any others going from aberdeen area?

mini16-123
23rd May 2008, 01:00 AM
Alrite couldyou put my name down cheers
roscoe

Craig
23rd May 2008, 04:17 PM
I would like to come along to this, need to get on my first run. So can i be down as a maybe? will let you know for sure soon. Any others going from aberdeen area?

Alrite couldyou put my name down cheers
roscoe

That's you both added. :thumbs up:

Nobody from the list that looks like they are coming from Aberdeen, but a few from Dundee, you could meet them on the run down...

RyanK
23rd May 2008, 04:28 PM
I am coming down from Aberdeen, not 100% sure now though with the change of date.

My work are tight when it comes to getting a day off, even unpaid leave! Need to leave ha

Forbes
23rd May 2008, 04:38 PM
Cheers. If you are going Ryan, want to meet for the run down?

Gismo
23rd May 2008, 04:43 PM
I am coming down from Aberdeen, not 100% sure now though with the change of dateWhat change of date :eek: still Sunday as far as i can tell

RyanK
23rd May 2008, 04:47 PM
Cheers. If you are going Ryan, want to meet for the run down?

aye nae bother :thumbs up:

RyanK
23rd May 2008, 04:48 PM
What change of date :eek: still Sunday as far as i can tell

It was sunday the 1st of June and now the 22nd of June :moonie:

I think:argh:

Craig
23rd May 2008, 09:37 PM
Its been that date for AGES... :moonie:

don't get confused with another one of my many runs... :rolleyes:;):smilewinkgrin:

Forbes
24th May 2008, 04:28 PM
I am able to make this got work covered.

Ben

Craig
24th May 2008, 04:33 PM
I am able to make this got work covered.

Ben

Great News Ben. :thumbs up:

rosssp
28th May 2008, 12:40 PM
hi craig could you please put me down for this run with 1 passenger if theres still room on the run for one more car??
Ross

Craig
28th May 2008, 05:33 PM
hi craig could you please put me down for this run with 1 passenger if theres still room on the run for one more car??
Ross

No Probs Ross, thats you added. ;)

Jude
31st May 2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry I won't be joining you all on this one. I know I'm a terrible wife leaving it all to Craig:shut up::moonie: but I'm taking my sister away for her 40th birthday. Lots of great roads on this run so I hope you all have a great time. Will hopefully make it to the end to and see you all there;bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
31st May 2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry I won't be joining you all on this one. I know I'm a terrible wife leaving it all to Craig:shut up::moonie: but I'm taking my sister away for her 40th birthday. Lots of great roads on this run so I hope you all have a great time. Will hopefully make it to the end to and see you all there;bigwave:

And I was gonna bring Nachos as well.:thud:

P.S. Are you twins?:eek::eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jude
31st May 2008, 08:51 PM
And I was gonna bring Nachos as well.:thud:

P.S. Are you twins?:eek::eek::eek::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheeky bugger:thud: I may look old and past it but there's no need to rub it in:moonie: Anyway you're still older than me:yes nod:

P.S. Any more of your cheek and you'll be wearing the cheese sauce tomorrow:laugh::laugh:

mini16-123
1st June 2008, 10:40 PM
Alrite craig sorry about the other week there had to much work to do :argh:. Thats it all finished now could you please put me down with 1 passenger thanks.

Craig
1st June 2008, 10:45 PM
Alrite craig sorry about the other week there had to much work to do :argh:. Thats it all finished now could you please put me down with 1 passenger thanks.

no worries Roscoe. Thats you added. :thumbs up:

t18tav
5th June 2008, 12:20 AM
I want to come to this run but dont know if im going to be back from offshore, can i go down as a maybe plz mate.

oh and if i am back were is the services that we need to meet?
or is there anyone traveling from aberdeen that i could join with on there way down?
cheers tim.:cool:

Craig
5th June 2008, 07:26 AM
I want to come to this run but dont know if im going to be back from offshore, can i go down as a maybe plz mate.

oh and if i am back were is the services that we need to meet?
or is there anyone traveling from aberdeen that i could join with on there way down?
cheers tim.:cool:

Hi Tim,

no worries, I'll put you down as a maybe... :thumbs up:

The services are at Stirling (J9 of the M9). :cool:

Craig
5th June 2008, 07:30 AM
Ok folks,

I have set a cap at 30 due to one of the car parks we stop at not having a great deal of parking and also trying to keep 30 cars together is going to be "challenging". ;)

I will start a reserve list for anyone still wanting to go. Can those that are listed as going, please let me know if they can't go now, so that someone else can get on the run. Cheers :thumbs up:

Recce being done on Sunday to check the roads and mileages are ok. :smilewinkgrin:

t18tav
5th June 2008, 04:53 PM
Ok folks,

I have set a cap at 30 due to one of the car parks we stop at not having a great deal of parking and also trying to keep 30 cars together is going to be "challenging". ;)

I will start a reserve list for anyone still wanting to go. Can those that are listed as going, please let me know if they can't go now, so that someone else can get on the run. Cheers :thumbs up:

Recce being done on Sunday to check the roads and mileages are ok. :smilewinkgrin:

hey hows it going Craig found out today that i can def be there so put me down as a def. Cheers Tim:thumbs up:

Craig
5th June 2008, 05:57 PM
hey hows it going Craig found out today that i can def be there so put me down as a def. Cheers Tim:thumbs up:

Good Stuff Tim. :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
7th June 2008, 08:53 AM
Craig..... I'll need to call in my super sub again :shut up: (we'll see if she actually makes it this time:eyes up:) as Ross will be bobbing about in the north sea:frown:

Craig
7th June 2008, 09:59 AM
Craig..... I'll need to call in my super sub again :shut up: (we'll see if she actually makes it this time:eyes up:) as Ross will be bobbing about in the north sea:frown:

Nae Worries Big Yin. :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
8th June 2008, 08:24 PM
Looking forward to the run, I will be one day past 35 on the run, just a boy eh:thumbs up:, birthday kisses welcome only from the ladies:blush::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
8th June 2008, 08:29 PM
Looking forward to the run, I will be one day past 35 on the run, just a boy eh:thumbs up:, birthday kisses welcome only from the ladies:blush::thumbs up:

Whoa there!!!! Are you saying you're not pulling out of this run?:moonie::moonie::thud:

N12 JLK
8th June 2008, 08:40 PM
:moonie::moonie::moonie::moonie::shut up::D

JOHN MILNE
9th June 2008, 07:42 AM
hi craig
could i be put on the list for this run

Craig
9th June 2008, 09:24 AM
hi craig
could i be put on the list for this run

Hi John,

I'll put you down as 1st reserve as the run is full, but in all honesty, you'll prob be going as someone always pulls out at the last minute.. :thumbs up:

MINI William
9th June 2008, 09:29 AM
craig can you put my mum and dad down please:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
9th June 2008, 09:34 AM
craig can you put my mum and dad down please:smilewinkgrin:

William,

no probs, same as John tho, on the reserves, but prob going anyway... ;)

Craig
9th June 2008, 09:38 AM
Didn't manage to get the recce done over the weekend, just too much on. Hopefully going to get it done before the weekend, however the route isn't changing, just updating mileages as some moaning gits said the mileages were out last year.. :argh::argh: ;) :moonie:

Gismo
9th June 2008, 09:47 AM
As soon as you've got the route on paper send it to me and i'll post it on the site for everyone to access :thumbs up:

Craig
9th June 2008, 10:37 AM
As soon as you've got the route on paper send it to me and i'll post it on the site for everyone to access :thumbs up:

Thanks, think it will be the weekend as this week is already filling up with work and I am back shift... :ragin:

Scottie
12th June 2008, 09:28 PM
OMG this is on the same day as I was intending to go to the RHS:ragin::ragin:

I can't miss the Food Hall and the Flower Show h'mm I can go to RHS on Sturday.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
14th June 2008, 10:06 AM
Craig.

Our holiday plans have changed, so were heading doon sooth earlier than planned so you can put one of the reserves in our place.

Cheers Neil and Lorna.:D

Craig
14th June 2008, 10:23 AM
Craig.

Our holiday plans have changed, so were heading doon sooth earlier than planned so you can put one of the reserves in our place.

Cheers Neil and Lorna.:D

Enjoy your hols Neil and Lorna

thanks for letting me know. ;)

Craig
14th June 2008, 10:24 AM
JOHN MILNE - you are now officially on the run. :thumbs up:

gauldrymini
14th June 2008, 12:08 PM
Craig

Unfortunately we can't make this run, which is a shame as i was trying to get 2 runs in this year. Was also hoping to show off my new alloys which should be fitted Sat 21st...so another reserve can get our slot...:computer:

disappointed :frown:
Andrew

Craig
14th June 2008, 12:29 PM
Craig

Unfortunately we can't make this run, which is a shame as i was trying to get 2 runs in this year. Was also hoping to show off my new alloys which should be fitted Sat 21st...so another reserve can get our slot...:computer:

disappointed :frown:
Andrew

Thats a shame Andrew :frown:

maybe see you on another run. :thumbs up:

Williams Mum and Dad - your now on the run. :smilewinkgrin: :yes nod:

Craig
14th June 2008, 12:38 PM
Just about to go out and do the recce to check roads and amend the mileages. Cracking day for it. :thumbs up:

hope its like this next weekend...:Whistle:

JOHN MILNE
15th June 2008, 07:12 PM
:thumbs up:I'll see you there

Craig
15th June 2008, 07:17 PM
Well the recce is done and I amended the route... ;)

only a small change, but found a really nice road. :D

Hope to have the run notes up over the next day or so. Please print off a copy for yourself :thumbs up:

The recce was interesting to say the least... nearly got taken off the road by a tourist in a campervan on the Tummel Valley road, never had my ABS work so hard... :ragin: Also my Alloys are nearly square with some of the wholes in the road that I didn't manage to see.. :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
15th June 2008, 11:36 PM
DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2008/perthshire_pleasure2_notes.pdf)

A.:thumbs up:

Craig
16th June 2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks for putting up the run notes.

also available to download on the first page/post. :thumbs up:

bry_mini
16th June 2008, 04:41 PM
this sound great! any chance you could squeeeeeze me in plz? would be my 1st run!? :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
16th June 2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for putting up the run notes.

also available to download on the first page/post. :thumbs up:

can you bring me a set please as as you know i have no printer at home :eyes up:

N12 JLK
16th June 2008, 05:51 PM
Craig, can you let me know what time we are due to finish.

Ta, Lesley

Jude
16th June 2008, 08:31 PM
Hope you all have a great time and hopefully Craig won't hit as many potholes when he slows down a bit. :hand: No. dear it wasn't your sunglasses-think it was driving with your eyes shut:thud:

Craig
16th June 2008, 09:12 PM
this sound great! any chance you could squeeeeeze me in plz? would be my 1st run!? :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah Bryan, will fit you in :thumbs up:

Craig
16th June 2008, 09:13 PM
can you bring me a set please as as you know i have no printer at home :eyes up:

No probs Rob, will bring a few. ;)

Craig
16th June 2008, 09:14 PM
Craig, can you let me know what time we are due to finish.

Ta, Lesley

It says in the first post... :eyes up::rolleyes: <wimen...:rolleyes:>

LOL - about 5ish finish at Perth. So you should be home before 6 easy. :thumbs up:

Craig
16th June 2008, 09:15 PM
Hope you all have a great time and hopefully Craig won't hit as many potholes when he slows down a bit. :hand: No. dear it wasn't your sunglasses-think it was driving with your eyes shut:thud:

:shut up: :moonie: :moonie:

N12 JLK
16th June 2008, 09:52 PM
It says in the first post... :eyes up::rolleyes: <wimen...:rolleyes:>

LOL - about 5ish finish at Perth. So you should be home before 6 easy. :thumbs up:

I did look - honest:p

Thanks, nephew and Jason's birthday celebration so will prob come straight home at the end.

ELFMAN
18th June 2008, 09:04 AM
At least we'll be able to fill up with petrol now the dispute seems to have been resolved. Phew!

Craig
18th June 2008, 03:20 PM
At least we'll be able to fill up with petrol now the dispute seems to have been resolved. Phew!

yeah - all OK now ;)

t18tav
19th June 2008, 04:55 PM
sorry craig i am going to have to pull out cos my F**ker of a boss:ragin: has sent me offshore today and i wont be back till midday sunday sorry guys next time though

Craig
19th June 2008, 07:50 PM
sorry craig i am going to have to pull out cos my F**ker of a boss:ragin: has sent me offshore today and i wont be back till midday sunday sorry guys next time though

thats a shame... :frown:

maybe see you on another run.. :thumbs up:

Fairy
20th June 2008, 08:39 AM
Hi Craig,

So sorry to muck u around but Im gonna have to pull outta this run coz it looks like Im gonna have to work this wknd for stock take :argh::argh::argh::argh: Was really really looking forward to it as well coz last years run was fab!!
Hope u all have an ace time :D Cant wait to c the photos! :computer:

Big Gordy
20th June 2008, 08:44 AM
There seems to be a trend starting here as I'm gonna have to pull out of this one too....sorry Craig:thud:There delivering ma new telly on Sunday:yes nod: Hope it comes before the Donington motoGP:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
20th June 2008, 05:02 PM
Hi Craig,

So sorry to muck u around but Im gonna have to pull outta this run coz it looks like Im gonna have to work this wknd for stock take :argh::argh::argh::argh: Was really really looking forward to it as well coz last years run was fab!!
Hope u all have an ace time :D Cant wait to c the photos! :computer:

There seems to be a trend starting here as I'm gonna have to pull out of this one too....sorry Craig:thud:There delivering ma new telly on Sunday:yes nod: Hope it comes before the Donington motoGP:smilewinkgrin:

No probs folks, really sorry you can't make it... :frown:

plenty more runs this year. :thumbs up:

Hope the telly arrives on time Big G... :cool:

Mini Ecosse
20th June 2008, 08:36 PM

Mmmmm, at least one petrol station in Dumbarton had "No Petrol" notices at lunchtime today!

Stephen

AndyP & Lenore
20th June 2008, 11:23 PM
Mmmmm, at least one petrol station in Dumbarton had "No Petrol" notices at lunchtime today!

Stephen

No problem with fuel down this way. The only thing any of the Shell garages seem to be out of is V-Power Deisel.

rocker4500
21st June 2008, 11:39 AM
Is it too late to join in on this run? I know im late on the go, and im not sure if i can make it yet but i was just wondering if it was to late.

Gary

AndyP & Lenore
21st June 2008, 03:06 PM
Is it too late to join in on this run? I know im late on the go, and im not sure if i can make it yet but i was just wondering if it was to late.

Gary

Gary, I know Craig is away from a PC all day today, so I gave him a quick call to ask about your request. He's confirmed you're welcome to come on the run if you can make it. So I'll add your name to the list.

Cheers,

Andy:D

Craig
21st June 2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks for that Andy.:thumbs up: - Back quicker than I thought I would be.. :rolleyes:

Gary, yeah as Andy says, you can come tomorrow no problem. Hope you can make it..

:cool:

Scottie
21st June 2008, 06:00 PM
was watching Landward last night:blush: weather forecast for tomorrow is

rain, rain and rain. Hope they have got it wrong.

I (sorry) Allan washed and waxed the car this morning and it has been tucked away in the garage all day letting the tyre gel dry which was applied just prior to it going into the garage:blush: I put on my new antenna topper to match my orange theme. So we are all ready to go. Must remember to get diesel as red lights are on.:frown::frown:

symo29
21st June 2008, 07:02 PM
Hey Folks, big apology here on leaving it so late but got just found out am working tomorrow at 3pm tomorrow afternoon and cant get out of it. Hope the run goes well even if its wet weather, looking forward to coming on another run.... Symon....

RyanK
21st June 2008, 08:46 PM
Sorry Craig, I too am having to pull out. Sorry for the last minute notice:frown:

I've been trying for the last week to get my Sunday off work although nobody wants to swap with me...cheek eh! I even contemplated pulling a sick day but to be honest can't be hooped with the hassle i.e return to work interviews and such like:argh:

Really p#*(£$* off as this run last year was brill, but awell crap happens!

Cheers, and apoligies for last minute:blush:

Bazthemod
21st June 2008, 09:16 PM
Well if fellow young pup aint going i think i will give this a miss ... shouldnt be blowing cash on pointless fuel anyway until payday :hand::rolleyes:

Have fun folks and get plenty pics :cool::D

Craig
21st June 2008, 11:50 PM
Hey Folks, big apology here on leaving it so late but got just found out am working tomorrow at 3pm tomorrow afternoon and cant get out of it. Hope the run goes well even if its wet weather, looking forward to coming on another run.... Symon....

Sorry Craig, I too am having to pull out. Sorry for the last minute notice:frown:

I've been trying for the last week to get my Sunday off work although nobody wants to swap with me...cheek eh! I even contemplated pulling a sick day but to be honest can't be hooped with the hassle i.e return to work interviews and such like:argh:

Really p#*(£$* off as this run last year was brill, but awell crap happens!

Cheers, and apoligies for last minute:blush:

Well if fellow young pup aint going i think i will give this a miss ... shouldnt be blowing cash on pointless fuel anyway until payday :hand::rolleyes:

Have fun folks and get plenty pics :cool::D

ok guys, thanks for letting me know.:thumbs up:

maybe see you on another run soon. :cool:

Gismo
22nd June 2008, 10:07 AM
Have a great run today folks :thumbs up: without me again :nag:

ianking
22nd June 2008, 06:47 PM
Great run today.
Many thanks Craig.
It was a great way to blast (abuse) my R56 on its last outing.

Colin
22nd June 2008, 06:58 PM
Another great run Craig. The weather was kind to us considering the forecast :eyes up:. Some new roads I hadn't been down before, they were fab :thumbs up:. Good pace up the front. Elfman hope your tyre is ok :eek:. See you all on the next one.

stoney
22nd June 2008, 06:59 PM
yep brill day had good roads :thumbs up::thumbs up: not to shure of my new tyers tho :nag:

Forbes
22nd June 2008, 07:12 PM
Yeh thanks Craig for that. And good to put faces to names. Will get some pics up soon

Scottie
22nd June 2008, 07:22 PM
Yip was certainly a great run have to say your route took us some of the best roads I've driven in a Mini:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
22nd June 2008, 07:37 PM
Thats us just home.
Thanks for a great day Craig and also to your helpers:D
Super roads and great company at the stops
Will post piccies tomorrow.

Stephen

eddie 44
22nd June 2008, 07:41 PM
well what a day that was... rain... sun.. rain... and more sun... have to thank craig for all the hard work and time put into making it a great day.
thanks.... really enjoyed the route.. few bits i had been over before... but never in a car... :p and some new roads , that i will be driving over again as its on my door step..Also the company.. 1st class as usual :thumbs up: I was able to put a few more names to faces.... joyce and derek tell the wee man... there empire biscuits :p
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll270/edd44/DSCF0317.jpg

Forbes
22nd June 2008, 07:51 PM
A few of my images. Most of the rest are of my car so won't bother posting them:rolleyes:
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2608/p1140652ds5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2433/p1140669ke5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3915/p1140653qs6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3720/p1140672tr0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

badwolf340
22nd June 2008, 07:58 PM
hello all ,thanks Craig for a good day out stopped me from packing lol. Thanks Ian for the tray. We r just home went for a chinese and ooooo it was good.:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
22nd June 2008, 08:06 PM
hello all ,thanks Craig for a good day out stopped me from packing lol. Thanks Ian for the tray. We r just home went for a chinese and ooooo it was good.:smilewinkgrin:

No bother... thanks for the Ice Cream.... :thumbs up::yes nod:

MINI William
22nd June 2008, 09:11 PM
as per usal a great run with great company.thanks to both stoney and craig for letting me go round with them :thumbs up: really appricated :smilewinkgrin:

vintageb3
22nd June 2008, 09:32 PM
Craig...

I totally forgot about the run:eyes up:...Haven't been near the computer much over the last week or so...so haven't really being checking NMS.

So...sorry mate..but it looks like it was a great run!

Will try and get along next year...

mark

P.S. Thanks to AndyP for calling to find out if i had broken down:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
22nd June 2008, 09:52 PM
had a brill day, Mrs Nicol felt sick a few times on the twisty roads:thumbs up:, Sorry we missed the last bit after Pitlochry we had to go to our nephews birthday party (7), we had a we joint get together as I was 35 yesterday:ragin:(boo Hoo). See some of you again at fast and modified ( Mon the ladies Grrr):Whistle::Whistle:.
Nice way to roast your R56 before it goes Ian/Sarah. Good run Craig well done again.

Bumble
22nd June 2008, 10:45 PM
Fab run today - can think of no better way to spend a Sunday than clocking up a few miles on great roads with good company! Thanks to Craig for another fabbie bunch of roads :thumbs up:

Stoney can still see the look of horror on that marshalls face as you almost gave her a bath :laugh: , Elfie - bad luck on the tyre :frown:

L

ELFMAN
22nd June 2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks Craig for putting together another fine day out, which couldn't be spoiled by Rain, Cunningly Tarmac-Disguised Boulders, Midgies and Half a Bee getting stuck to my shirt at 80mph....... ('Can a bee be said to be or not to be an entire bee, when half the bee is not a bee, due to some ancient injury' - Eric The Half A Bee - Monty Python).

Colin/Lynn - got home OK with no apparent ill-effects from my bulging tyre - let's hear it for runflats folks, with an ordinary tyre I'd have knackered the wheel as well. All I have to do now is rob the MINI Bank tomorrow for the £108.00-ish for a new one....... Still it's better to do in a tyre enjoying yourself with NMS than run over a nail on your way to work!

Cheers to all, old and new, for the usual good company, banter (and a hug!) - see you on Ian's July Jolly, when I will be sporting Kevlar Armoured Tyre-Guards and a JCW Carbon Fibre Insect Net - which can also be used to restrain Stoney when he sees a big puddle and an innocent bystander....

tree73
23rd June 2008, 12:22 AM
cheers all of you for bringing a huge grin to my face this afternoon. heading home from doing the rob roy challenge, driving other half's golf as he sat complaining about aches and pains, when calloo callay you all zipped round the bends by amulree, fantastic. good too see you all - cherry

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2008, 12:24 AM
That was the most fun we've had blowing cash on pointless fuel for a long time.:D

Many thanks again to Craig (and Jude) for the organising. We both had a blast today, and gave the MINI a good start to the re-break-in process. Up to 400 miles now.:D

Perthshire really does have some absolutely stunning MINI roads.:D

Perthshire also has an old couple who seem to think they one one of those roads.:ragin:

And what luck we had with the weather today too.... despite the gloomy forecast, it hardly rained (heavy).:yes nod:

Thanks again.

A & L.:D

mini16-123
23rd June 2008, 12:28 AM
Cheers craig that was brilliant sorry missed the last stage out had to head home

Craig
23rd June 2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments. :blush:

Elfman - glad you made it home in one piece, I'll amend the notes for next year. :thumbs up:

What a cracking way to waste petrol of a Sunday. :moonie::thumbs up:

JOHN MILNE
23rd June 2008, 08:11 AM
thanks craig for a great day out
the twisty road over the hill was terriffic :D:D
even managed to stun a pheasant:thumbs up::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2008, 08:20 AM
And I very nearly managed to finish said pheasant off for you. But he looked round at the last minute, saw yet another red MINI coming at it at and decided enough was enough and dove for the cover of the verge.:laugh:

rocker4500
23rd June 2008, 02:43 PM
Hi guys,

Im sorry i missed it. I wasnt sure if i was going to make it or not and sadly i couldnt. Totaly gutted :( was really looking forward to getting on a first run. Hopfuly i will be able to get myself on another one soon :thumbs up:

Anyway im glad you all had a good time and enjoyed it :thumbs up:

Gary

Duncan Stewart
23rd June 2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for another great day out :D
Gave my new alloys and tyres a good workout :eek: (Yes Craig, they are bigger than 15" :p)
Excellent route with a superb lunch. My daughter Carol wants to come on all the mini runs with me now!

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/9053170/322486817.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/9053170/322486818.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/9053170/322486816.jpg

N12 JLK
23rd June 2008, 08:58 PM
just noticed a nice new scuff on the rim of my near side front wheel, probably got it when we all had to pass Mr & Mrs McGoo on the wee tight road near Elfmans knock. Oh well:argh:

Mini Ecosse
23rd June 2008, 09:37 PM
Some fotties :-
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6395.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6402.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6416.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6421.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6444.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6461.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6468.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6473.jpg

Mini Ecosse
23rd June 2008, 09:38 PM
More fotties!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6481.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6482.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6500.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6506.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6523.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6591.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6598.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/IMG_6607.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Perthshire%20Pleasure%20Run/P6220106.jpg

Scottie
23rd June 2008, 10:13 PM
Nice pics, Got to say the graphics on my car are brillant:blush::blush: well they are.:thumbs up:

joyce w
23rd June 2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for a great day oot, really enjoyed it, nice to meet some more people (except old dragon in Glen Quaich).Thanks Joyce ,Derek & Brant:thumbs up:.

Gismo
24th June 2008, 02:43 AM
Excellent pictures there Stephen, so, did Craig actaully get accross that weak bridge :blush: :rolleyes: :moonie:

Mini Ecosse
24th June 2008, 05:59 AM
Excellent pictures there Stephen, so, did Craig actaully get accross that weak bridge :blush: :rolleyes: :moonie:
:D Well spotted, I was tempted when posting pictures to comment on the bridge. Then I thought someone else will be along soon to take the flak from Craig:smilewinkgrin:
Stephen
PS Allyson took that picture Craig - honest

Craig
24th June 2008, 07:38 AM
Cracking photos Stephen and Allyson... :thumbs up:

so thats what my brake lights look light.. :cool::cool:

as for the weak bridge, I've been over than in a 1966 S Type with me and my dad in it, so it had nothing to fear... :thud::moonie:

Gismo
24th June 2008, 07:47 AM
Just noticed the Black MINI with the union jack roof, who's is that :cool:

ELFMAN
24th June 2008, 08:49 AM
Got my tyre replaced yesterday - £111.00 fitted. Didn't spoil my fun though - just my budget. I think we should re-name that bit of road "Elfman's Knock" as Jason called it! Hope your alloy's OK Jason. Looking forward to the next spectacular 'petrol-wasting' session!!!

Forbes
24th June 2008, 10:11 AM
Just noticed the Black MINI with the union jack roof, who's is that :cool:

That is Rosscoe's Cooper (forgotten his username though)

Like the pics Stephen

bry_mini
28th June 2008, 12:48 PM
gutted i never made this run!! my health didnt do me any favours and ended up in hospital the night before:frown:! not to worry! hope to get on a run in the near future....if not ill visit the stand at fast and modified:D