PDA

View Full Version : Train hits lorry at crossing Gleneagles

Scottie
4th January 2008, 07:53 PM
:eek:

Did anyone see the pictures on the Scottish News tonight.

Those tatties on the lorry were Roosters:eek: :eek: :eek: and I bet they came from the Black Isle.

What a waste.:( :( Wonder if I could go tattie picking tomorrow at Gleneagles.;) :D :D

duncan
4th January 2008, 10:48 PM
I know this level crossing pretty well.

The media reaction is not a great surprise either. Its being classed as "just an accident".

Well, its not, and I hope the lorry driver is hauled over the coals.

Also hope his Insurance is well paid up, as the railway will claim for hundreds of thousands off him.

I'm fed up of stupid members of the public that have no regard for safety at Crossings.:mad:

Scottie
4th January 2008, 11:06 PM

The media reaction is not a great surprise either. Its being classed as "just an accident".

Also hope his Insurance is well paid up, as the railway will claim for hundreds of thousands off him.

I'm fed up of stupid members of the public that have no regard for safety at Crossings.:mad:

any chance you can go and get me some of the rooster tatties.;) :p

duncan
4th January 2008, 11:15 PM

Think the Permenant Way guys will have "taken care" of them ;)

Sheilz
4th January 2008, 11:30 PM

I didnt see it. I take it you mean he/she tried to get through the barrier/lights despite warnings to stop? I hope no one was injured other than all the tatties.

duncan
4th January 2008, 11:41 PM
I didnt see it. I take it you mean he/she tried to get through the barrier/lights despite warnings to stop? I hope no one was injured other than all the tatties.

He's alledgedly skidded down the brae, and into the path of the locomotive on the icy road, although, how long he was stuck on the crossing, I don't know, and wont find out until I go back to work next week.

The Locomotive driver was trapped, and cut free from his cab. He's injured, but not life threatening. Luckily, he was driving an older style loco, that has a large "nose" which seems to have been a good thing in this case.

I just have rants at Level Crossing abuse, as I'm fed up testing level crossings, after cars have blatently ignored the warning lights.

Even standing beside them in hi-vis orange doesnt stop some motorists trying to race across.

Can you tell that I have the court this month with one of these cases? :mad:

Sheilz
5th January 2008, 02:26 AM
He's alledgedly skidded down the brae, and into the path of the locomotive on the icy road, although, how long he was stuck on the crossing, I don't know, and wont find out until I go back to work next week.

The Locomotive driver was trapped, and cut free from his cab. He's injured, but not life threatening. Luckily, he was driving an older style loco, that has a large "nose" which seems to have been a good thing in this case.

I just have rants at Level Crossing abuse, as I'm fed up testing level crossings, after cars have blatently ignored the warning lights.

Even standing beside them in hi-vis orange doesnt stop some motorists trying to race across.

Can you tell that I have the court this month with one of these cases? :mad:

Mmm! Wanting to live dangerously is one thing but not really ok to force it on other people. Glad to hear the driver isn't critically injured though I'm sure those he has are bad enough. A scary experience finding yourself thundering down on a vehicle just knowing you can't pull up on time :eek:
Hope your court case goes ok and that justice is done though wouldn't hold my breath on that one:(

JCWmini
5th January 2008, 09:30 AM

I see railway workers are still using orange PPE.

ianking
5th January 2008, 12:41 PM

I think that is so train drivers dont confuse the green vests with a green singnal.

JCWmini
5th January 2008, 01:07 PM
I think that is so train drivers dont confuse the green vests with a green singnal.

Who uses green vests?

duncan
5th January 2008, 02:56 PM

The standard for Railway use is GO/RT 3279 (EN471 class 2), which is the hi-viz orange PPE. When its clean, it stands out far better at distance than the yellowy/green coloured ones.

We're not allowed to use the Yellowish/Greenish PPE, as it may be misconstrued as a Handsignallers flag.

Also, we were using Hi-viz clothing since the 1970's - long before most other companies decided to issue it.

stoney
5th January 2008, 09:56 PM
:eek:

Did anyone see the pictures on the Scottish News tonight.

Those tatties on the lorry were Roosters :eek: and I bet they came from the Black Isle.

What a waste.:( :( Wonder if I could go tattie picking tomorrow at Gleneagles.;) :D

well those taties had come from or on there way 2 ardrie
2 this place http://www.albert-bartlett.co.uk/ they are the biggist tattie packer in the uk and do most of the suppermarket packing they are one of my biggist custmers witch is good as i get free roosters as much as i want they give me 8 bags at christmas :D :D

JCWmini
6th January 2008, 02:07 AM
The standard for Railway use is GO/RT 3279 (EN471 class 2), which is the hi-viz orange PPE. When its clean, it stands out far better at distance than the yellowy/green coloured ones.

We're not allowed to use the Yellowish/Greenish PPE, as it may be misconstrued as a Handsignallers flag.

Also, we were using Hi-viz clothing since the 1970's - long before most other companies decided to issue it.

Funny its the opposite in the construction industry, the luminous yellow stand out much better than the orange. I guess the high level of vegetation around the track makes orange stand out.

Orange is no longer allowed in construction. I think its EN 471 Class 3 for the yellow stuff.

Gismo
6th January 2008, 03:54 AM
Who uses green vests?
Ambulance folks, also, bikers under instruction :)

Scottie
6th January 2008, 09:42 AM
I saw the trailer yesterday on the back of two recovery vehicles yesterday when I was on a the A9 heading towards Perth. It was a mangled mess.