PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust not arrived...

Craig
4th January 2008, 05:39 PM
well, my new exhaust was due to be fitted tomorrow, but not anymore...

I ordered it from a certain retailer who I have used many many times and not had a single problem with, they have always done what they said... I spoke with them yesterday and they confirmed that it was being delivered by UPS direct from the supplier, being sent out yesterday and I would have it today.. (or that was what the supplier told the retailer I dealt with).

Phoned them today about 3:45pm to check if it was still getting delivered today as UPS normally deliver about lunchtime to my work, to be told, "eh, yes it has been dispatched today, so you will have it on Monday".. I challenged this and the girl says to me "we got a phone call from the supplier today to say that due to them being busy they didn't get a chance to send it out yesteday!".

so, was my retailer lied to by the supplier (who just passed on the info?) or does the supplier not have a clue about what they are sending out, or forgot about it? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Very Pi$$ed off about this as I have had to cancel the garage tomorrow who were kind enough to slot me in a short notice.

Why do companies lie to customers or as may be the case here, feck it up and fail to call the customer and tell them it is going to be late. It may just be down to incompetance..:(

If it wasn't going to be here til Monday, I wouldn't have been bothered as there is no great rush for it, but it's the fact the customer is kept in the dark and fed on smelly stuff.. :mad: :(

Rant Over..;)

Crombers
4th January 2008, 09:20 PM
Aw Gawd, he's off again ! :rolleyes:

stoney
4th January 2008, 09:45 PM
thats prob the supplyer just been lazy and not geting it out all it takes is a phone call

but are prob busy the now due 2 pepes spending x mas money

illegalhunter
4th January 2008, 09:47 PM
Craig you must be the most Mini Unlucky person in the UK lol. It will be worth the wait iam sure.

Bazthemod
4th January 2008, 09:58 PM
Craig i ordered mine through PL Mini shop yesterday as i heard someone on mini2 saying direct delivery was slow... hopefully get mine saturday morning or monday :) unless PL are getting stock direct first lol

Craig
4th January 2008, 10:20 PM
Craig i ordered mine through PL Mini shop yesterday as i heard someone on mini2 saying direct delivery was slow... hopefully get mine saturday morning or monday :) unless PL are getting stock direct first lol

I ordered mine from the same place as you Baz on 26th Dec.. :eek:

smiler
4th January 2008, 10:39 PM

Oh dear! :mad: That'll be the first on the mods then bro?:cool:

Hope it arrives on Monday, fingers crossed.:)

L.

Bazthemod
4th January 2008, 10:45 PM

Ohh they joys haha ;):D

Im not really bothered as im in no rush but delivery is fairly steep i would expect better service than that.

My wash bucket with grit guard and my snowfoam lance for the karcher will be here soon however.... woo hooo foam everywhere :D:cool:

Craig
4th January 2008, 11:38 PM
Oh dear! :mad: That'll be the first on the mods then bro?:cool:

Hope it arrives on Monday, fingers crossed.:)

L.

nope, the induction kit was already on last friday... ;)

do keep up... :cool:

Craig
4th January 2008, 11:39 PM
Ohh they joys haha ;):D

Im not really bothered as im in no rush but delivery is fairly steep i would expect better service than that.

My wash bucket with grit guard and my snowfoam lance for the karcher will be here soon however.... woo hooo foam everywhere :D:cool:

as you say the delivery isn't the cheapest and I wasn't in a rush, it's the fact I was told something, then that turns out not to be the truth...:(

Nevermind, it will get fitted sometime next week..... Hopefully. :rolleyes: :)

The Dogfather
5th January 2008, 01:24 AM
it's the fact I was told something, then that turns out not to be the truth...:(

Come on Craig we all know what this is about, you've never been the same since you found about the tooth fairy. I know the scars are pretty deep, you just have to learn to forgive. It wasn't easy for Marky C to get into that Tutu you know, and give him some credit for trying to keep your dreams alive. Fair enough the silver tights were probably going a bit too far.

Now just let it go!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2008, 01:32 AM
Come on Craig we all know what this is about, you've never been the same since you found about the tooth fairy. I know the scars are pretty deep, you just have to learn to forgive. It wasn't easy for Marky C to get into that Tutu you know, and give him some credit for trying to keep your dreams alive. Fair enough the silver tights were probably going a bit too far.

Now just let it go!!!!

LOL.

Just for f***'s sake, don't mention SANTA!:D :D :D

A.:D

The Dogfather
5th January 2008, 08:01 AM
LOL.

Just for f***'s sake, don't mention SANTA!:D :D :D

A.:D

Why, who did he dress up as, the Easter Bunny?

zimbo
8th January 2008, 07:19 PM
You get your exhaust yet big man?

Bazthemod
8th January 2008, 07:27 PM
I got mine today :D:D

zimbo
8th January 2008, 07:51 PM
I got mine today :D:D

Hehe... Big grin on your face today then young man? :D:D:cool:

vintageb3
8th January 2008, 08:12 PM
I'm sure Craig will post when he has stopped crying and stomping his feet:eek: :D

mark

Craig
8th January 2008, 09:09 PM
aye, it arrived on Monday but the lovely supplier decided to post it to the wrong address :rolleyes: . Just by chance that my next door neighbour was off sick from work and could collect the package...

thank god that will probably be the last time that "supplier" has to be involved. :(

anyway, on the upside, It is getting fitted tomorrow and already has about 5 coats of wax on it looking shiny. :D :D :D

Craig
8th January 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm sure Craig will post when he has stopped crying and stomping his feet:eek: :D

mark

and I don't stamp my feet, it upsets Mrs D. ;)

vintageb3
8th January 2008, 09:35 PM
So she's used to the crying now then?:D

mark

KenL
8th January 2008, 10:06 PM
anyway, on the upside, It is getting fitted tomorrow and already has about 5 coats of wax on it looking shiny. :D :D :D

Waxing your exhaust, get a life :D :p :D

Craig
8th January 2008, 10:52 PM
Waxing your exhaust, get a life :D :p :D

but I did Ken, I got rid of my R56 :p ;) :D

euan
8th January 2008, 11:24 PM

Jees, I thought Wul was bad when I first came on here!! Why on earth would you wax your exhaust?

In saying that, people look at me like I'm mad when I say I wax my alloys;):D

Craig
8th January 2008, 11:59 PM
Jees, I thought Wul was bad when I first came on here!! Why on earth would you wax your exhaust?

In saying that, people look at me like I'm mad when I say I wax my alloys;):D

so that it has a chance of staying nice and shiny... ;) it's only the back box and tip that you can get shiny.. :p :D

The Dogfather
9th January 2008, 01:29 AM
it's only the back box and tip that you can get shiny.. :p :D

Your obviously not trying hard enough ;)

Craig
9th January 2008, 06:47 PM
Well, got the exhaust fitted today at a local garage and it looks :cool: :cool: :cool: and sounds very nice. Just needs time now to bed in and get a bit deeper and growlier.. :D

zimbo
9th January 2008, 07:52 PM
Well, got the exhaust fitted today at a local garage and it looks :cool: :cool: :cool: and sounds very nice. Just needs time now to bed in and get a bit deeper and growlier.. :D

Hehe yeah well mine is sounding pretty nice now... :D:p

Crombers
9th January 2008, 09:20 PM
& mine now sounds the b%ll%cks too ;)

oh aye & it's proper manky :D
(sorry Marky :o )

N12 JLK
11th January 2008, 10:29 PM
supa news that your new exhausts on , need to hear it soon.

Craig
11th January 2008, 10:52 PM
supa news that your new exhausts on , need to hear it soon.

hopefully cleaning the car tomorrow if it's warm enough. ;) your welcome to pop by if your free :D

N12 JLK
11th January 2008, 11:06 PM
may do that after our haircuts in Camelon after 10am.

Craig
11th January 2008, 11:08 PM
no worries, should be in. :)

Crombers
12th January 2008, 10:40 AM
hopefully cleaning the car tomorrow if it's warm enough. ;) your welcome to pop by if your free :D

Warm enough !!!! , have a beer mate & stay indoors ;)

Craig
12th January 2008, 10:47 AM
Warm enough !!!! , have a beer mate & stay indoors ;)

aye, looked out the curtains this morning and saw white everywhere...:eek: don't think the car will get cleaned today...:(

Ivano
12th January 2008, 12:14 PM
I was planning to wash car today also but i don't think i will be either... Really cold and icy here...

FergusM
12th January 2008, 05:26 PM
I wanted to get the salt off mine... but way to cold, so it is staying tucked up inside the garage.. maybe get round to it tomorrow is slightly less cold.