PDA

View Full Version : Rather Proud Of Myself

V11kae
4th January 2008, 12:38 AM
After my covers demo landing in good hands. Worked alongside a Producer and over 3 nights I laid down my first track.

I wrote and performed the female vocals all on my own. recorded a raw version and needing some opinions for my first time.

www.starnow.co.uk/v11kae (http://www.starnow.co.uk/v11kae) - let me know what you think guys, it would be appreciated.

AndyP & Lenore
4th January 2008, 01:01 AM
All those covers sound excellent Vicki. Well done indeed. You do have a great voice. Which one is your own work though? I recognise some of them as covers, but not sure of a couple.:o

They all sound great though.:cool:

A.:D

V11kae
4th January 2008, 01:04 AM
'I need you' feat young julez is a cover.

piece of my heart - janis joplin no brought up to date
if i aint got you - alicia keys
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
I Just Want to make love to you - Etta James
Step By Step - Whitney Houston

thanks,

you opinion is appreciated, even criticism is appreciated lol :)

AndyP & Lenore
4th January 2008, 01:06 AM
Sorry, I thought you had put the song you wrote and recorded on www.starnow.co.uk.

Would be good to hear that.;)

A.:D

V11kae
4th January 2008, 01:16 AM
lol, i wish i was that talented to write some songs like that already! lol

Saying approved and on profile so should be available to listen as the first song on site. :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
4th January 2008, 01:32 AM
lol, i wish i was that talented to write some songs like that already! lol

Saying approved and on profile so should be available to listen as the first song on site. :eek:

The only songs to listen to are the 6 tracks you've already listed:

'I need you' feat young julez
piece of my heart - janis joplin
Valerie - Amy Winehouse

Whats the title of your own song?

A.

V11kae
4th January 2008, 01:39 AM
'I need you' feat young julez. i just noticed there i typed it was a cover, no wonder i had you all confused!

Gismo
4th January 2008, 05:36 AM
'I need you' feat young julez. i just noticed there i typed it was a cover, no wonder i had you all confused!
Sheesh wimmin, nae wonder the poor lad was confused :rolleyes: :D

Ok, just listened to your track, sorry, i'm not fond of listening to covers, you've said it yourself, leave that to the X-factor-ites and Karaoke etc.
However, you've a great voice there, covering most of the range of highs and lows equally well, i prefer the more raucus female singers and you seem to explode into that area quite well.
I'm not keen on Rap either, so, when your song goes there i tend to switch off and it gets a bit complicated, but, you gotta understand, that's my personal opinion cause i don't like that particular kind of music, others, who prefer that style will probably compliment you on it and quite rightly so.

So, all in all excellent track, not sure if you're being trained professionaly etc (nothing vocally to suggest you are not, i might add) but, may be worth investigating

euan
4th January 2008, 10:37 AM
'I need you' feat young julez is a cover.

piece of my heart - janis joplin no brought up to date
Valerie - Amy Winehouse

thanks,

you opinion is appreciated, even criticism is appreciated lol :)

Not to be too pedantic, but Valerie is a Zutons track originally ;)

euan
4th January 2008, 10:40 AM
Having just listened to a few though, you've some voice!

I can see why you might have listed Valerie as Amy Winehouse though, having read the site you've said it's in the same style, and I think you've done it a huge amount of justice!

Well done you!

V11kae
4th January 2008, 12:23 PM
Sheesh wimmin, nae wonder the poor lad was confused :rolleyes: :D

Ok, just listened to your track, sorry, i'm not fond of listening to covers, you've said it yourself, leave that to the X-factor-ites and Karaoke etc.
However, you've a great voice there, covering most of the range of highs and lows equally well, i prefer the more raucus female singers and you seem to explode into that area quite well.
I'm not keen on Rap either, so, when your song goes there i tend to switch off and it gets a bit complicated, but, you gotta understand, that's my personal opinion cause i don't like that particular kind of music, others, who prefer that style will probably compliment you on it and quite rightly so.

So, all in all excellent track, not sure if you're being trained professionaly etc (nothing vocally to suggest you are not, i might add) but, may be worth investigating

I was just fed up doing covers but thought it better to have samples of something rather than nothing. Though it was about time I tried something new! Something I want to focus on!

Bonnie Scotland, exactly the kind of criticism i like. honesty. As I am not too experienced in writing songs I went for the style the guy helping me knew and it gave me some experience. Also 'something' to put across to others, 'been there done that'. Thing is I am still trying to find what genre, style exactly I should be focusing on. The best bit of advice given so far was do everything, sign nothing. Somewhere along the line I should fall into place. but thanks guys, its nice to know what general public would be thinking.

Euan, I meant in the style of, lol. My talent is singing not English as you will all have guessed by now surely! lol