PDA

View Full Version : What variant of MINI do you have.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd January 2008, 02:15 AM
Thought it would interesting to see what model of MINI you drive.:D There's also a classic option and to keep the non-MINI owners happy there's even an option for you.:rolleyes:

It's an open Poll so others can see your vote.

I'll leave this sticky for a while too, so that new members coming onto the forums for the first time can tick the relevant box.;)

Unfortunately, once you've voted, you can't vote again so those who change there car in the future won't be able to change their vote - sorry.:o

A.:D

Mon the fish
5th January 2008, 08:08 PM
As there is no JCW option I shall abstain :p

Ivano
5th January 2008, 08:15 PM
The R50 Coopers are leading at the moment.... :) :)

Neil and Lorna
6th January 2008, 12:24 AM

Me too.;) ;)

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 01:35 AM

Me too.;) ;)

OK, for the hair splitters....

The JCW option is exactly that though.... an "option". It's a dealer fitted accessory, not much different to a different radio or a different set of wheels. It's not a "variant" of the MINI range, which the poll is based on.

If you change your mind about abstaining:rolleyes: choose the variant your car was supplied as before you fitted the JCW kit.

I accept that for the last 6 months of the R53 production, the JCW kit was available as a factory option. That's still an "option" though, not a variant.

The only other option that would have been appropriate would have been the JCW GP. But vBulletin forums only allow 10 voting options, so, no room.... sorry.:o

Sheilz
6th January 2008, 01:48 AM
Mine's a cooper but I thought it was an R53 facelift version. Is it an R52 (Aug 04)?

duncan
6th January 2008, 01:54 AM
It'll be an R50, Shielz :)

Mon the fish
6th January 2008, 05:25 PM

The JCW option is exactly that though.... an "option". It's a dealer fitted accessory, not much different to a different radio or a different set of wheels. It's not a "variant" of the MINI range, which the poll is based on.

If you change your mind about abstaining:rolleyes: choose the variant your car was supplied as before you fitted the JCW kit.

I accept that for the last 6 months of the R53 production, the JCW kit was available as a factory option. That's still an "option" though, not a variant.

The only other option that would have been appropriate would have been the JCW GP. But vBulletin forums only allow 10 voting options, so, no room.... sorry.:o

No, badges = variants. Mechanically different engine = variant.

Therefore, we have -

-One
-One D
-Cooper
-Cooper D
-Cooper S
And the daddy of them all
-John Cooper Works :D

It has its own badge, its a variant. And so much better that all you 'normal' Mini owners out there :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 05:32 PM
No, badges = variants. Mechanically different engine = variant.

Therefore, we have -

-One
-One D
-Cooper
-Cooper D
-Cooper S
And the daddy of them all
-John Cooper Works :D

It has its own badge, its a variant. And so much better that all you 'normal' Mini owners out there :p

No, it's not essentially mechanically different. It's simply "tuned" with a couple of extra bits bolted on or slightly altered components added on. And I speak as an (R56) JCW owner.

Even the JCW Cooper has a badge, doesn't make it a variant.

A.;)

Mon the fish
6th January 2008, 05:36 PM
No, it's not essentially mechanically different. It's simply "tuned" with a couple of extra bits bolted on or slightly altered components added on. And I speak as an (R56) JCW owner.

Even the JCW Cooper has a badge, doesn't make it a variant.

A.;)

New cylinder head makes it mechanically different! Cooper Works is a variant, Cooper sound kit, just an option pack.

The R56 JCW is just a pretend JCW anyway, its grown older, bigger and softer :D

Ma baw and am goin in :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 05:38 PM
New cylinder head makes it mechanically different! Cooper Works is a variant, Cooper sound kit, just an option pack.

The R56 JCW is just a pretend JCW anyway, its grown older, bigger and softer :D

Ma baw and am goin in :p

Ma thread, ma baw, ma rules. No playin' wi youz again, 'cos yer a stubborn bas like ma da.

P.S. And yer still wrong.;)

duncan
6th January 2008, 05:46 PM
MINI dinnae give the JCW kit a different model number - and thats what matters :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 05:47 PM
MINI dinnae give the JCW kit a different model number - and thats what matters :p

Thank you.

Vindication at last.;) :D

Scottie
6th January 2008, 05:51 PM
what about the GP. ?:)

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 05:57 PM

what about the GP. ?:)

Answered in my post above Fi.;)

KenL
6th January 2008, 06:48 PM
Ma thread, ma baw, ma rules. No playin' wi youz again, 'cos yer a stubborn bas like ma da.

P.S. And yer still wrong.;)

Correct! Just do as yer told ;)

Scottie
6th January 2008, 11:05 PM
Answered in my post above Fi.;)

Oop's sorry. Never read your post. That's what I get for not reading everything.:o :o

Ivano
12th January 2008, 04:04 PM
New cylinder head makes it mechanically different! Cooper Works is a variant, Cooper sound kit, just an option pack

I had an actual JCW Cooper back in 2002 with the 132bhp. (Cylinder head etc. Was all fitted by JCW in Sussex... It was all before BMW fully approved it so i did not qualify for TLC back then.. Servicing costs were a Bummer :(

I loved that wee MINI especially the sound it made with the JCW Open Cone Filter....

Did anyone else have one of these variants?

N12 JLK
20th January 2008, 10:42 PM
R56 mini cooper s with optional sick bags in the back.

Scottie
10th March 2008, 07:16 PM
Andyp,

Can you change my poll selection to I have a CooperD:D :D ;) ;)

AndyP & Lenore
27th March 2008, 11:01 AM
Managed to add a GP option to the list. So those who have GP's can now have their vote.

A.;)

Burple
21st April 2008, 04:49 PM
'Mon the R50 Ones!!!!! :thumbs up::moonie:

Gismo
21st April 2008, 05:03 PM
'Mon the R50 Ones!!!!! :thumbs up::moonie:I just realised i voted in the wrong place :ragin: :argh: :eek: :laugh:

Craig
21st April 2008, 05:05 PM
I just realised i voted in the wrong place :ragin: :argh: :eek: :laugh:

DOH!!!! :moonie:

think you may have the power to change it tho... ;)

Gismo
21st April 2008, 05:09 PM
DOH!!!! :moonie:

think you may have the power to change it tho... ;)Done it :blush: :thumbs up:

jaffamaster
23rd July 2008, 11:40 AM
53 reg Cooper S, metallic blue, chilli pack, twin spots on the front.....

JCW upgade and areo kit planned for the future:thumbs up:

Ferengo
27th August 2008, 08:11 AM
I know the R56 models have gotten a bed rap but I really like it.

I have a Cooper R56 and I wouldn't trade it in or get rid of it. I am thinking on a Cooper S next year but that's because we need 2 cars. I have had a lot of faults with the R56 but I think they're all fixed now, I have to say that the interior of the R56 is a lot more to my taster than previous models.

Although I don't envy R56 cooper S owners and the diesel sound that some get.

come on the R56's!!!:D (And lets get some decent perfomence mods for them:thumbs up:)

Crombers
27th August 2008, 10:30 AM
Still out in front :yes nod: :thumbs up:

Have Ian King & MarkyC revoted, if not geritdonenow.

colliz
19th March 2009, 12:06 AM
Got an R50 one. I think? 2004 mini one:confused::lol:

Fester
19th March 2009, 08:58 PM
R50 for me just a basic One but it aspires to be something bigger. Got the bigger wheels got the bigger stripes got a bigger oh hang on thats for a different forum :computer::blush:

Ally S
2nd June 2009, 10:38 PM
cool, my car is colour coordinated with the option colour

Minimynx
27th December 2010, 08:55 PM
Erm, hate to sound like stereotypical female (sorry girls) but what is all this R50, R53, R56, MKI etc???

Sheilz
27th December 2010, 10:03 PM
R50 is Mark 1 new mini cooper, R53 the same but cooper S, R56 Mark 2 new mini R55 Clubman. Now not sure what Mark 2 cooper S is though I think its the R57. If I'm wrong someone will probably come along and correct me.

Craig
27th December 2010, 10:12 PM
R52 is mk1 convertible, R57 is mk2 convertible and R60 is the Countryman.. (knew I shouldn't have given away my old reg that was on my bike R60 CAD ). ;)

RobSco
27th December 2010, 11:21 PM
Erm, hate to sound like stereotypical female (sorry girls) but what is all this R50, R53, R56, MKI etc???

Your question regarding the R-Series Model Numbers will be answered if you click on the link supplied...

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_(BMW)

All Mini Models have R-Series Model numbers assigned to them, a legacy of the Mini's original...

Hope this Helps... :thumbs up: