PDA

View Full Version : help again please

stoney
3rd January 2008, 12:05 AM
how easy is it 2 fit seats in the mini ?? has any one done this ? i have 2 swap the rails on one and the seat belt thingys is this eays enuf 2 do ??

thanx stoney

AeroJonny
3rd January 2008, 03:53 AM
I think it might be a plan to disconnect your battery in case the seat airbags go off.

Gorbash12346
3rd January 2008, 10:24 PM
fit a completely brand new one or just swap seat rails over?

t40's hold the runners to the floor

then tilt the seat back gently and undo the plugs for the seatbelt pretensioner and the side airbag

the rails are a bit awkward but their all torx screws of t40 and t30 i think though hard to get any leverage into (no space for 3/8 ratchet) and the seatbelt stalk is a T50 though you'll need someone to hold the seat down as it will be loctited and you should re-apply the loctite afterwards

then gently remove the pre-tensioner wiring from the seatbase

what you got planned??

stoney
4th January 2008, 06:47 PM
fit a completely brand new one or just swap seat rails over?

t40's hold the runners to the floor

then tilt the seat back gently and undo the plugs for the seatbelt pretensioner and the side airbag

the rails are a bit awkward but their all torx screws of t40 and t30 i think though hard to get any leverage into (no space for 3/8 ratchet) and the seatbelt stalk is a T50 though you'll need someone to hold the seat down as it will be loctited and you should re-apply the loctite afterwards

then gently remove the pre-tensioner wiring from the seatbase

what you got planned??

well i now have a front set of leather seats with the lapis blue :D

but 1 is missing runners and they need the seat belt holders put on

The Dogfather
4th January 2008, 07:17 PM
I swapped the runners over, its a bugger of a job. No need to disconnect the battery, but make sure you don't switch the ignition on until you got them all wired up again. Otherwise the airbag light comes on and stays on until you get it reset by the dealer.......