PDA

View Full Version : Clubman

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 05:40 PM
Can you take the rear seats out of a Clubman.??

Anyone know?

Do they have a load space Cover that makes the area completely flat.?

AndyP & Lenore
2nd January 2008, 05:47 PM
Ah ha... Oh eye then..... Coming back to the fold? or is this another "question for a friend" thread that you're trying to put us all off the scent with?:D

As for the question, no idea, sorry.:o

A.:D

ianking
2nd January 2008, 06:14 PM
I had one the other weekend and I farted about with the back seats. The rear seat uprights go down flat as long as the head rests are right in. Giving a sort of van type load area. There is also a floor under the boot floor that gives more storage area.

Craig
2nd January 2008, 06:21 PM
Fiona, as Ian says, you don't have to take out the back seats to get a flat load area, they just fold down flat normally.

I think the load liner will only cover the boot area, not the whole back of the car... :D

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 06:32 PM
Ok I wondered if they done a load space liner that slides in and out. Like what they do on a X5 that makes the load space area completely flat with out the wee metal bits sticking up from the floor for the seats etc etc.

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 06:54 PM
Fi, I looked at the clubman and the seats fold flat to give you a flat floor level with the false floor at the back. If you don't have the false floor then there's a step.

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 07:34 PM
Fi, I looked at the clubman and the seats fold flat to give you a flat floor level with the false floor at the back. If you don't have the false floor then there's a step.

ok do you know of any pictures of this on the internet.?? :D

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 07:40 PM
Fi, I've just noticed that the rear seats aren't completely flat

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/M/mini/cooper-s-clubman/03-large/07-cooper-s-clubman-boot.jpg

I could have sworn they were when we looked

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 07:41 PM
Video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SwdCDWsKXE

AndyP & Lenore
2nd January 2008, 07:44 PM
Fi, I've just noticed that the rear seats aren't completely flat

I could have sworn they were when we looked

Is it possible the head-rests have not been removed or been pushed all the way in? That may stop the seats from going completely flat.

A.

illegalhunter
2nd January 2008, 07:51 PM
Looks like a a clubman is coming lol

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 07:55 PM
Looks like the back just folds down onto the base of the seat. I was thinking the base may have come up against the back of the front seats and then the back with the head rest folds down flat.

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 07:58 PM
Not for me but my Mum is thinking about one and was asking how the rear works. Her 2 previous cars the Jazz then the Civic has good different stuff you could do to increase the space in the rear. With her two dogs and many visits to the Dobbies she like loads of room. It is not like we can pop down to our Local dealer to have a look.:D

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 07:59 PM
Looks like the back just folds down onto the base of the seat. I was thinking the base may have come up against the back of the front seats and then the back with the head rest folds down flat.

Nope, its just like the normal MINI, shame they could have made it a bit more functional.

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 08:00 PM
Not for me but my Mum is thinking about one and was asking how the rear works. Her 2 previous cars the Jazz then the Civic has good different stuff you could do to increase the space in the rear. With her two dogs and many visits to the Dobbies she like loads of room. It is not like we can pop down to our Local dealer to have a look.:D

The Civic rear seats are very clever, they've got a Phd!

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 08:02 PM
Oh aye she fancies the Chocolate one with the Chocolate lounge interior.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I saw one on the Mini Cherished site for a Clubman D but for £20,950.:eek: :eek: Don't think she will spend that kinda money.

Thinking about taking her to the Kirkcaldy dealer and then the Perth one.

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 08:05 PM
The Civic rear seats are very clever, they've got a Phd!

Yip and did you know you can buy tall plants and stand them upright.:rolleyes: :eek:

Honestly this is the kind of thing my Mum looks at when buying a car. Not sure how she will get on with the Mini but I have to give her the chance to check them out as she has wanted one for a good while. The Clubman appeals to her more than the hatch and she has no worries about using the side door as her kids are all grown up now.:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd January 2008, 08:07 PM
Oh aye she fancies the Chocolate one with the Chocolate lounge interior.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I saw one on the Mini Cherished site for a Clubman D but for £20,950.:eek: :eek: Don't think she will spend that kinda money.

Thinking about taking her to the Kirkcaldy dealer and then the Perth one.

Fi, PM Sent regarding this

Yip and did you know you can buy tall plants and stand them upright.:rolleyes: :eek:

Honestly this is the kind of thing my Mum looks at when buying a car. Not sure how she will get on with the Mini but I have to give her the chance to check them out as she has wanted one for a good while. The Clubman appeals to her more than the hatch and she has no worries about using the side door as her kids are all grown up now.:rolleyes:

Matter of opinion.:D

A.;)

ianking
2nd January 2008, 08:08 PM
If yer Ma gets one then you and her could come along to mini runs with it.

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 08:12 PM
If yer Ma gets one then you and her could come along to mini runs with it.

Listen don't kid. She met Sleepy oh a good 3 years ago as he was at the house waiting for us coming up the road.

What a lovely nice young man are they any more like that on the site she wondered.;) Of course I replied.;) ;)

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 09:05 PM
Oooh, there's a name from the past!!!!

Scottie
6th January 2008, 11:00 PM
Had a look at the Clubman yesterday at Grassicks. And the rear fold flat no problem as long as you have both front seats far enough forward.

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 11:09 PM
Had a look at the Clubman yesterday at Grassicks. And the rear fold flat no problem as long as you have both front seats far enough forward.

Not very practical if you have long legs though.:confused:

Scottie
6th January 2008, 11:16 PM
Not very practical if you have long legs though.:confused:

I guess not but my Mum is 5ft 3" with tiny short legs so no bother for her.

Unfortunately she won't be buying one though. Was in at Honda today and she is getting another Civic.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 11:26 PM
I guess not but my Mum is 5ft 3" with tiny short legs so no bother for her.

Unfortunately she won't be buying one though. Was in at Honda today and she is getting another Civic.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

At the end of the day Fi, once you've found a brand you like and trust it's difficult to make the change to another brand. Especially at MINI prices.:rolleyes: