PDA

View Full Version : Not returning to the fold......

The Dogfather
1st January 2008, 09:21 PM
........at least in the short term.

Well this week we ordered a MINI Cooper S from Motorpoint but at the last minute we had a panic over getting the dog in the boot and canceled the next day. Although the final decision wasn't mine I think it was the correct one, as I didn't fancy having to clean sand and hairs off the back seat everytime we take the pooch to the beach. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we pick up a pre-reg Honda Civic EX 2.2 cdti at the weekend, its red so the detailing should be rewarding. Sensible family car :o

Craig
1st January 2008, 11:31 PM
Jude loves her 2.2 Diesel Civic, hope you enjoy it. try www.civinfo.com (http://www.civinfo.com) for loads of good info. :D

great drive and can be chipped cheaply. :D

Gismo
2nd January 2008, 04:44 AM
Paul, if you were really serious about getting a MINI then you could have opted for the rear shelf that totally covers the rear seats when folded down :rolleyes: perfect for your dog

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 07:34 AM
Alan, we had something like that before but the dog hairs still got under it. In the vectra we have a dog box which keeps the worst of the mess in, we then have a boot liner. It's amazing how much mess he can create just getting in and out.

Gismo
2nd January 2008, 08:03 AM
Alan, we had something like that before but the dog hairs still got under it. In the vectra we have a dog box which keeps the worst of the mess in, we then have a boot liner. It's amazing how much mess he can create just getting in and out.
Well, if it's good enough for a Vectra..........get one for a mini :D
Sorry, i'm not convinced you/your wife really wanted a mini :p

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 08:14 AM
Well, if it's good enough for a Vectra..........get one for a mini :D
Sorry, i'm not convinced you/your wife really wanted a mini :p

What potentially losing a £500 deposit not convincing enough? ;)

TBH, we need at least one larger car. I guess the MX5 would have to go to own another MINI, still enjoying mine at the moment though.

Gismo
2nd January 2008, 08:19 AM
What potentially losing a £500 deposit not convincing enough? ;)
Nope, potentially aint enough, perhaps if you definitely lost it

TBH, we need at least one larger car. I guess the MX5 would have to go to own another MINI, still enjoying mine at the moment though.
As i said, nothing you've said convinces me that you really wanted a mini, in fact, you've posted on NMS to gladly post that once again you've not bought one :rolleyes:
I'm not having a dig, just can't understand you're thinking

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 08:39 AM
Fair enough Alan, how about. :D

Do I want a MINI more than my MX5? Not at the moment.

Did I want a MINI more than a Civic, me yes, Jackie no but nearly yes.

One thing that did put me off MINI was the local dealers attitude, hence why I went to Motorpoint. I posted to say that we've changed car again and that we nearly bought a MINI, if I'm honest I wish we'd got the MINI. However I did say that Jackie would have final say on this car, she's a practical girl.

I was just relaying the turmoil ;)

Crombers
2nd January 2008, 10:08 AM
Just take the mut out for a walk man or send pooch to the beach on it's own & buy a MINI :rolleyes:

illegalhunter
2nd January 2008, 11:30 AM
The 2.2 civic can be remaped out to 190bhp

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 11:34 AM
The 2.2 civic can be remaped out to 190bhp

Not sure I'd want to risk the warranty, but superchips do a warrantied remap for £500. Is the gearbox/clutch on the 2.2 the same as the Type R?

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 11:35 AM
How do you find the voice activated satnav?

euan
2nd January 2008, 11:41 AM
How do you find the voice activated satnav?

Shout at it?:D:D

The Dogfather
2nd January 2008, 11:45 AM
If it can cope with a Scottish accent then my northern English one should be alright :)