PDA

View Full Version : Asda price Lexus style lights.

Starky
26th February 2004, 09:21 PM
I know quite a few of u guys might be interested in this 'site, i came across it yesterday and ordered a set, i think u may agree 2, at £99.99 n sourced from Ultra auto cosmetics they r 2/3 of the prices i've been lookin at, hope i get this link right,
http://www.toys4cars.co.uk/banners/images/ban_candb.jpg

Starky
26th February 2004, 09:25 PM
Nope,sorry guys, just try http://www.toys4cars.co.uk and hit on the lexus link on the page.

Starky
27th February 2004, 02:18 AM
This also includes post & packing, incredibubble!

macblob
27th February 2004, 02:39 AM
Damm thats a good price , about 50 quid cheaper than ive seen them else where

rwilson
29th February 2004, 09:32 PM
I understand Ultra do a black set also ! are these available at the same price ? I don't see them.

Starky
2nd March 2004, 02:37 AM
I dont know, but u can e-mail them with any queries, i'll try and find out, i'm still waiting on my lights, they must have sent them by snail post, anybody else out there order a set?

Starky
2nd March 2004, 07:56 PM
rwilson, i got an e-mail from toys4cars this morning, unfortunately they say they don't stock the black ones, but ur right i've seen them in the gomini mag. myself, i think they look quite neat too.

rwilson
3rd March 2004, 02:50 AM
Found the black ones on e-bay and they say ther'e the Ultra ones. But I'm not sure. Ive bid for them so i'll keep you informed

Duncan Stewart
3rd March 2004, 05:26 PM
Hi Ron. The black Lexus style lights look great and I fancy a set as well. I also found the sets for sale on Ebay but they state - "please be aware that these are not E approved and should be used for off road use only" so not much use I thought.

Starky
3rd March 2004, 11:09 PM
Still not got my lights, they said they would e-mail with status, so far nout, what does "E" stand for Dunc.?, didnae think Ultra would make a black set if u can't use them, they're on page 26 Edition 2 of Gomini mag.

Duncan Stewart
4th March 2004, 01:11 AM
"E" approved apparantly means they comply with European legislation. You find this mentioned with regards to many car products such as lights, towbars, etc. It is illegal to use parts that are not E approved on the public highway.

Starky
4th March 2004, 02:47 AM
Thanks Dunc. just got word back from toys4cars, seems they've run out of stock due to huge demand for the new mini, should have them on 17th.

rwilson
7th March 2004, 02:57 AM
Just thought i'd bid for the black ones on e-bay and find out if they are Ultra. £89 won the bid , when they arrive i'll let you know.

Starky
8th March 2004, 03:38 AM
Nice 1 Ron, I hope they're "E" approved so u can use them.

Starky
18th March 2004, 03:24 AM
Nope waited in all day, no sign of them, blasted off an e-mail to see wots happening, how about you Ron, did you get ur lights ok?

rwilson
18th March 2004, 05:43 PM
Eh---No ! I hav'nt chased them yet although I would have thought they would be here by now. I've ordered a new Cooper S for april so I was'nt chasing. Keep you informed
Regards
Ron

Starky
18th March 2004, 10:55 PM
I just got emailed from toys4cars, seems the lights are being held up at customs and it will now be Mon. or Tue. 'fore i get them, Boo Hoo, whats the spec. on ur nu car Ron?

Starky
24th March 2004, 09:02 PM
Still at customs, mmmmmm....., supposed to have them now for weekend, will give u all progress report. If i get messed about any more, i'm going to cancel and get a refund, if any of you guys buys over the 'net, make sure u pay only on despatch, more the fool me.

Starky
24th March 2004, 11:21 PM
Oops, just been text'd with the good news, they're in, any u guys want some jump in quick, i should have em Thu. or fri.

Starky
25th March 2004, 09:44 PM
Yahoo, got 'em in, got 'em fitted, only 1 snag, the lights only came with the rear gasket and doing the water test...it pi**ed in, nicked the tape off the old ones and stuck it on the newies-hey presto. They do look quite good (even if I say so myself) I'd love to post some piccies though not figured out yet how to get images on.

Wul
25th March 2004, 10:06 PM
Starky - email the photies to Monsta Mo Mini and i'm sure he'd post them for you!

rwilson
25th March 2004, 11:14 PM
Yep ! got the black ones from Auto Cruise and they are Ultra.
They look super. All I need now is the "s" iv'e ordered for Mrs Wilson ! Oh Starky its Dark Silver full black leather panoramic sun roof, chili pack, heated seats, dark glass,changer and the new ones have a three spoke multi function wheel. Due week of 7th April. Regards Ron

Starky
26th March 2004, 01:30 AM
Wow, that's a good spec Ron, u r making me jealous, roll on April buddy. Thank's Wul, soon as I get the dust off and gie her a wee polish I'll do that. By the way toys4cars also have the shark's gill side repeaters priced at £59.99 also from Ultra (including delivery), I don't know if that's good or not, I haven't been lookin, quite like the wee S one.

Monsta Mo Mini
1st April 2004, 01:41 AM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/gallery/cooper_s_001.jpg

Starky
1st April 2004, 01:51 AM
Thanks Calum, that's a pint 'n a slap on the back I owe u.

Willie M
1st April 2004, 04:17 PM
Lookin' good Starky :cool:

Wul
1st April 2004, 05:08 PM
Very tasty!

Starky
2nd April 2004, 01:48 AM
Thanks guys.

Starky
6th April 2004, 07:32 PM
Not long to go now Ron, you wont sleep tonight.

Starky
16th May 2004, 11:18 PM
www.eurocarparts.com have these for £93.99, don't know if this includes p&p, seen the ad in gomini. but I don't think they're the Ultra ones, they don't appear to have the wee red reflector on them.