PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Booster

Scottie
31st December 2007, 01:38 PM
anyone got one or considered one.??

Thinking about getting one as folks say they really do give you a much better throttle response.

wee dove
5th January 2008, 07:40 PM
i am corrently trying to make my mini more responsive.what is this and what difference does it make

Scottie
5th January 2008, 10:29 PM
improves acceleration by continously measuring and converting the digital signal to the ECU, with a new and altered signal

And because it simply just plugs in, it means you can fit it yourself with no professional assistance needed

Benefits include:

- At low revs, the engine responds at approximatley half the time in comparison to before

- the delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear, and the engine in mid range, is almost zero

- improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking

- more fun on the road

- fits all manual, automatic, petrol, and diesel models. Fits everything basically
I know of one chap that has it fitted to his dad's R56 Cooper and they both think it is great.

Many BMW drivers have them fitted and no one has a bad word for them
cost are around the £150/£160.

check out any of the bmw forums or evotechnik.

KenL
5th January 2008, 11:37 PM
Have any independant tests been carried out?

Is it just a gimick?

Scottie
5th January 2008, 11:57 PM
Have any independant tests been carried out?

Is it just a gimick?

well TBH I think a few of the bmw guys thought it to be just a gimick until a couple of the guys tested the ones sold by ca automotive and then a few got it fitted to their motors and say it defo makes a difference.

KenL
6th January 2008, 12:02 AM
well TBH I think a few of the bmw guys thought it to be just a gimick until a couple of the guys tested the ones sold by ca automotive and then a few got it fitted to their motors and say it defo makes a difference.

Interesting.

As a techy, I am interested on how it works?

The Dogfather
6th January 2008, 12:44 AM
Is easy manufacturers who spend millions on development do a half arsed job. This allows a back street company to setup and improve the throttle response with a part that cost 50p to make but they get to charge £XXX.

Modern day equivalent of snake oil............

Scottie
6th January 2008, 09:52 AM
here

http://forum.evotechnik.net/showthread.php?t=16611&highlight=sprint+booster

I'm going to give it a go and see what it is like.

Gorbash12346
7th January 2008, 12:41 AM
let me know... the throttle response on my car can be dire @ the best of times

marpap
11th January 2008, 06:34 PM
I have the sprint booster for about 3 months.
It is just great.
The throttle response was significantly improved, the behavior of the car was totally changed, it is really worth its money.
Installation time?
3 minutes

Scottie
19th March 2008, 08:57 PM
since getting my Dooper I've been drooling over the thought of buying a Sprint Booster just wish I knew some one who has one fitted to a Mini.:confused:

NeuroBeaker
20th March 2008, 05:46 PM
I'm a little bit puzzled on exactly what it would feel like to drive with the sprint booster. I get the point about the delay between touching the pedal and the engine responding. You can test this with a very quick tap-and-release of the pedal... the engine will rev a little after you foot has come away from the throttle. So that would be good if it sorts out that delay.

The thing I worry about with the sprint booster is that what it does is actually change the point at which the throttle reaches maximal input. So rather than reaching 100% input on the floor, it reaches maximal input at, say, 60% depression. :confused:

So for those of you who have it fitted - does it make the car feel like you're flooring it, when you're not? Or do you feel that you still have progressive control of the throttle all the way to the floor?

All the best,
Andrew.

Scottie
22nd April 2008, 10:36 PM
anyone got this fitted yet.???

japper
23rd April 2008, 10:42 AM
anyone got this fitted yet.???

Looking to buy / fit one later this week:)

Eggy7496
24th April 2008, 06:01 PM
It would be good to hear your 'findings' and thoughts Japper as i am now interested in this too!

EJ

NeuroBeaker
28th April 2008, 01:04 AM
Looking to buy / fit one later this week:)

Japper, is that going in a normally aspirated MINI, or a Cooper S?

Many thanks,
Andrew.

AeroJonny
28th April 2008, 01:07 AM
R56 JCW Cooper S unless I'm mistaken ;)