PDA

View Full Version : New Mini ordered

Duncan Stewart
31st December 2007, 11:42 AM
Ordered a new Mini a couple of weeks ago but didn't want to post till I collected my bridge spokes yesterday after the run.

Was a difficult decision on which model as I was tempted by the economy of the Cooper D and the power of the Cooper S but in the end I decided the Cooper petrol was best for me.

I am a fan of 15 inch wheels on Minis and really like the new Rotator alloys so ordered them on the car, however I do think bigger wheels suit the "chunky" looks of the R56 so have bought a 6 month old set to try on it.

Colour choice was also hard as I think Chilli red is a brilliant colour but went for Lightning blue as I really like blue as well and I’ve not had a blue Mini yet.

I’ve added a sport button and few practical things like a spare wheel and rubber mats but otherwise avoided that expensive extras list (tight Fifer! ;) )

A few pics of what it should look like below :D

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/9053170/295654234.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/9053170/295654239.jpg

Craig
31st December 2007, 11:55 AM
Looks like a newer version of mine Duncan.:)

I wish you the very best of luck with your new car Duncan. :D :D

I think you will like the bigger wheels on the car when you see it in the flesh.. :cool:

Gismo
31st December 2007, 12:09 PM
Nice one Duncan, good luck with it :cool:

vintageb3
31st December 2007, 12:43 PM
I contacted Fife Regional Council this morning and inquired if you had filled in the appropriate paperwork concerning purchasing said car. Turns out that all hell has broken loose and you've created a storm in teacup by foregoing the usual public general meeting when spending more than £10 in one go!!!!

:)

I guessed you were going to buy one...Heather gave it away when I said i didn't like the new Mini.

Her eyes lit up when she told me how much she liked the new Mini ;) :D

Good on you the pair of you....I hope you gets years of happy motoring!

Ok...I better get off now....I'm away to paint some coal black;)

mark

Sheilz
31st December 2007, 12:46 PM
Looks a cracker. The blue and red shades are my favourite for the mini. Hope your pleased with him? her? when he/she arrives. Gives you plenty time to choose a name.
Have you started counselling your current mini? He must be feeling awful poor wee soul. Just goes to show one mini's meat is another mini's poison.

sedgie
31st December 2007, 06:38 PM
:eek: You went to the dark side:p ;) Hope you love your new car:D

Colin
31st December 2007, 08:26 PM
Nice one Duncan. Hope you like it. :D

AndyP & Lenore
31st December 2007, 08:48 PM
Nice one Duncan. Love the Blue/Black combo. When is delivery due?

A.:D

Duncan Stewart
31st December 2007, 09:21 PM
Looks a cracker. The blue and red shades are my favourite for the mini. Hope your pleased with him? her? when he/she arrives. Gives you plenty time to choose a name.
Have you started counselling your current mini? He must be feeling awful poor wee soul. Just goes to show one mini's meat is another mini's poison.

Helen (not Heather, Mark ;) ) is in charge of naming cars and has decide on "Archie". Parting with my current Mini will be difficult, when I traded my black Cooper in I felt awful!

Scottie
31st December 2007, 09:25 PM
Helen (not Heather, Mark ;) ) is in charge of naming cars and has decide on "Archie". Parting with my current Mini will be difficult, when I traded my black Cooper in I felt awful!

Archie what a cracking name;) and you new car looks cracking also.:D

Duncan Stewart
31st December 2007, 09:26 PM
Nice one Duncan. Love the Blue/Black combo. When is delivery due?

A.:D

I'm waiting till March 1st to get the "08" reg but got a good deal buying now

N12 JLK
31st December 2007, 11:12 PM
Nice car Duncan/Helen, hope you enjoy it when it comes, didnt know you could get a sports button for the cooper! what doest that give you extra in torque per foot etc.

vintageb3
31st December 2007, 11:13 PM

Sorry Dave....I had just got up and was still tired...

My apologies:(

Rodney:o

ny152
31st December 2007, 11:16 PM
Congratulations Duncan & Helen. I'm sure you won't regret it :).

Must be getting old, I remember when you brought your current MINI on its first run!

Duncan Stewart
1st January 2008, 01:08 PM
Nice car Duncan/Helen, hope you enjoy it when it comes, didnt know you could get a sports button for the cooper! what doest that give you extra in torque per foot etc.

Sport button does not add any power, just sharpens up the throttle & steering. Should be good for having fun in the twisties :D

The Dogfather
1st January 2008, 03:53 PM
Duncan, sounds like a cracker. We also 'bought' an R56 this week, it was a 07 Cooper S, but we had a panic attack over getting the dog in the back and ended up canceling the order.

Jackie had the final say and she plumped for a new Civic EX 2.2 icdti

KenL
1st January 2008, 05:31 PM
Excellent news Duncan.

Good colour choice, I've seen a few in that colour, very smart.

I'm a fan of the bridge spokes too. Took me a long time to decide between them and the Blasters I have. In the end it was saving £70 that kept me on the blasters.

Smurf
1st January 2008, 07:19 PM
Wishing you both many happy motoring mini miles in Archie!! ;) ;) :D

Looking forward to meeting him.

weefossy
7th January 2008, 02:41 PM
Just caught up with your post. Congrats and best wishes for happy motoring. Thought you may have liked the Clubman enough to go for it?
Sioban says we are getting great mpg, even with the "S" and soooo smooth a drive.
Enjoy when it comes.

Duncan Stewart
7th January 2008, 09:28 PM
. Thought you may have liked the Clubman enough to go for it?

Enjoy when it comes.

I do really like the clubman but don't really need the extra room so thought I'd have the hatch

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 10:04 PM
Lovely Jubbly Duncan and Helen!!!!! Ye canny whack a Blue MINI. Well done on keeping THAT quiet on the last run! Just wait till you hit the gnarly back roads with your 15's - you'll be zooming off into the distance while everybody else is bouncing around like Zebedee on Crack!!!!!! Ride and handling balance - You know it makes sense.......

Duncan Stewart
11th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Well done on keeping THAT quiet on the last run! ....

Was difficult! :D