PDA

View Full Version : Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner

vintageb3
29th December 2007, 01:44 AM
I dropped into Car Wash and Wax in Cambuslang today to pick up some Chemical Guys stuff. I know some of you have mentioned this guy before. He's a nice chap and gives great advice. His prices are good too!

I placed a wee order last night by email at about 1.00am...and had an email back from him two minutes later confirming the order...not saying he offers a 24hr service....but pretty damn close!:)

...but when I got to his toy shop:rolleyes: ...of course the order increased:( :rolleyes:

As I arrived...he had just finished working on a R56...and it was gleaming!

I had ordered some wheel cleaner...but he sugested I took that off the order and buy some some Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner. He told me that all the guys on the detailing sites are going crazy over it and it would go further in the long run.

Here's a review:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48507

I've never used any of the Chemical Guys stuff before...but I'm looking forward to trying the stuff out.

I'm not affiliated with Car Wash and Wash in any way...and only pass this onto the list to help others. I do hope this does not break any commercial posting rules. [Edit by AndyP..... Sorry Mark. It did. But folk could PM you for his details].;)

mark

ianking
29th December 2007, 05:48 PM
Chemical guys maxi suds wash is very good to use via a foam gun. I use it in my foam gun and it lasts for ages.

vintageb3
30th December 2007, 02:47 AM
Chemical guys maxi suds wash is very good to use via a foam gun. I use it in my foam gun and it lasts for ages.

That's good to hear Ian...maybe get some on my next order.;)

I used some of the Chemical Guys products today.

Bilberry Alloy wheel cleaner (not sure if this is made by Chemical Guys): I think its the best I've used. I tested it on Kim's wheels with baked on brake dust and two weeks of road traffic grime. I reckon these wheels have not been off the car since new ('06 307). I sprayed all four wheels using a chemical pump sprayer so it mildly foams as it comes out of the nozzle. I blasted one wheel after 5 minutes with a crappy 100 bar Halfords power washer that we picked up to keep at Kim's and this stuff removed most of the brake dust and grime without ANY agitation. You can see the stuff working since the foam starts to go yellow with the crud it is removing.

I agitated the other three wheels. Now in saying this...it was not a heavy rubbing action...I simple gave the foam a wee rub with a wheel cleaning brush. I then blasted them after ten minutes and the wheels were like new...removed everything from the outside face of the wheel. The inside of Kim's alloy's are impossible to clean without removing them...but where the foam had been sitting on the inside of the rim...it was as clean as a whistle. This stuff is ultra safe...we even tested it on my Dad's caravan. My Dad reckons its the best cleaner he has used on the van...and it removed some black streaks that he has been trying to remove for years.

Tried it on my Mini wheels... which were cleaned and waxed three weeks ago...and the grime just fell off.

I will be using this from now on!...but will be using my AB foam lance because its really hard work to use the pump sprayer.
-------
Pro Detailer + Carnauba. Its a bit fussier to use than the Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer and doesn't give as good a shine...but I still think its very good. It may last longer than the UQD though as the paintwork does feel as though its had a good coat of carnuba. I will watch it over the next few weeks. I don't think it makes the paint "pop" though like the UQD. But in saying this...it was damp today...so I reckon the results would better on a dryer day...and indeed...the paint may "pop" on a day like that. Maybe it needs time?
--------
Used the New Look Trim Gel for the black bits and tyres. Now...it felt as though i had used this stuff before.;)

It really looked like the same results as when I applied peanut oil to remove wax residue. I was told by the guy at CARWASHnWax to put it on with a foam applicator then let it sit for 20 minutes. Remove the excess and this will stop it streaking if it rains. Now this is exactly the same thing I did with my tests on my van bumpers. The bumpers on the van did streak...unless you removed the excess. The Trim Gel is thicker than peanut oil and doesn't smell like peanut oil...but assume its related or been chemically modeled on peanut oil. I really do think this may be the best I've used yet...but I will see how long it lasts.

I haven't seen the black bits and tyres like as good...showroom quality. It may be better than the Autoglym stuff a loved before...but time will tell.
------

Butter Wet Wax: Tried it out on boot lid of my Dad's car: IMHO This is not the weather for waxing...its a bit damp. But it did haze very quickly...and it seemed OK. It was very glossy...but it didn't feel as good as the Pro Detailer + Carnauba. Very easy to use...the 16oz bottle will go along way. I think I would prefer to use this with the PC to gain an a more even coverage but is oh so easy to apply by hand...wipe on...wipe off.
---------
Leather Air Freshener: I did want the New Car Scent Air Freshener but it was out of stock. I bought some of the leather scented stuff. To smell it in the bottle...it doesn't smell all that much at all.

I misted some under the seats of my car and shut the door. 20 minutes later I opened the door...and it had the smell of an old Jag or Rover. The scent isn't over powering but is so authentic!

So...overall...I'm hopeful that some of these products will be what I use from now on.

mark

illegalhunter
30th December 2007, 09:10 AM
David G is a good guy . I use citrus wash on my wheels with a wheel shmitt works a dream