PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Run - 29th August 2004

Julz
26th February 2004, 07:47 PM
Well, after much discussion with Rob, I have decided to finally get my finger out and organise a run!! It won't be til August as I need to get my college work out of the way first!!

We have a general idea of the route, which will cover many of our favourite roads in the local area, we just need to join them all up, so......here goes!!!

Anyone else want to come??:)

OK, this is the one and only list of attendees to feature in this thread, just to avoid pages and pages of people re-posting the same thing!!!! (Possible limit of 20 minis!)

Edit!! Directions are available from here! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk//downloads/Harvest%20Run.pdf)

**UPDATE** Lunch has been booked at the Spittal of Glenshee and is to consist of a carvery buffet, the options of main course and either a starter or dessert costs £8.50pp. Can folks please confirm their attendance and if they are ok with lunch plans by emailing me (minijulzcs@hotmail.com) so that I have your email for forwarding the route plans. Ta

1. Julz & Rob - confirmed
2. Sh@z - confirmed
3. Duncan & Helen - confirmed
4. Sheilz - confirmed
5. GAJ - confirmed
6. Mr & Mrs JCWM - confirmed
7. John - confirmed
8. Crombers - confirmed
9. Siobhan & Malcolm - confirmed
10. Bloocoop - confirmed
11. Duncan - confirmed
12. Nenah - confirmed
13. Martin Sullivan - confirmed
14. X30 YES - confirmed
15. Kirsty - confirmed
16. Steve74 - confirmed
17. sleepyrascal - confirmed
18. Tribalmini - confirmed
19. AndyP & Lenore - confirmed
20. Neil & Lorna - confirmed

Reserves:clown:

1. ?

macblob
26th February 2004, 08:31 PM
Aye go on then , uve bent my arm :D

Give us a shout if u need a hand as ive been lazy about getting off my bum and organising anything

Duncan Stewart
26th February 2004, 08:39 PM
We done Julz :p:D.
I'm up for it if it's on Sunday 29th but I'm already booked up every other weekend in August - remember 7/8th in Scottish mini show & touring cars at Knockhill and 21/22nd is the International mini meet.

Julz
26th February 2004, 08:42 PM
Precisely!!;) And I know some lucky folks will have the monday off as it's a holiday, I don't though!!:(
I'm getting excited already1! Only 6 months to go!!!:eek::dead:

seany
26th February 2004, 10:11 PM
add me and una as a maybe.

GAJ
26th February 2004, 10:22 PM
I cannae make it! I'll be in sunny Skopelos!

Monsta Mo Mini
26th February 2004, 11:11 PM
Sorry - I definately won't be there. ;)

Gismo
27th February 2004, 12:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
Sorry - I definately won't be there. ;)And why's that then :evil: As for me me, nah, can't be bothered ;) aye go on then, me + me julie, where we stopping for lunch :p

Linda M
27th February 2004, 12:54 AM
Well done Julz :cool: You can count us in, as always :clown:

Julz
27th February 2004, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

where we stopping for lunch :p

Trust you to be thinking of food already!!! Not too sure yet, I have a few options in mind, but I'll have to see which one fits in with timing!!!:D

Burple
27th February 2004, 02:01 AM
Silly question silly girl....
Get me on the list!!!
Just don't make me number 13 again!!! ;):evil::disapprove::blackeye:;)

:cool::D:D:D

broken_brian
27th February 2004, 04:11 AM
go on then count me in if i still have the purple people eater if not can i scrounge a lift in someones car hee hee :D

Burple
27th February 2004, 08:38 AM
Oi!!!!!

I saw that young lady!! Grrrr..... ;):D

Duncan Stewart
27th February 2004, 06:00 PM
Me and Helen on the list please Julz. Cheers

weefossy
28th February 2004, 01:29 AM
Julz, can you add "the gaffer" and me, as at this time the dates seem fine. Might be nice weather for a convertible;);)

Vosh
1st March 2004, 10:53 PM
Well I missed Sundays run and this is far enough in advance for me to say I should be able to make it. My first run! Stick me name down. Cheers.

duncan
2nd March 2004, 01:51 AM
I'll book in for the full package!

phantom
2nd March 2004, 04:59 AM
Put me down for this one, its a bit away yet so I will confirm neary time, lots going on that month as well, nice car by the way :D

ELFMAN
2nd March 2004, 05:22 AM
Julz, add me to the list for this one - don't want to miss out on what I'm sure will be another great run. Good on you for taking it on!

Big Col
2nd March 2004, 06:34 PM
Pop me down for this one please Julz.

Kirsty
3rd March 2004, 04:05 AM
Me too, Me too, Me too!!!!! Pweeeze, I promise to behave!!!!

Tahra
4th March 2004, 05:20 PM
Hullooo,
never at a pc these days, too busy lurking in the darkroom. Please put us done for the mo - havent got anything else booked that far ahead so no conflicts so far !

zimbo
28th March 2004, 08:40 PM
Julz can you pleaseeeeee put me down for this run of yours thank you:D:D:D

Heather
30th March 2004, 05:01 AM
any room for tribal? :)

AndyP & Lenore
3rd April 2004, 07:38 AM
Julz, is there still room on the list for another MINI? If so, please put Lenore and I down.

Cheers.

Andrew

Neil and Lorna
3rd April 2004, 08:51 AM
Hi Julz.
Could you put myself and Lorna on your list as well thanks.

bloocoop
7th April 2004, 06:50 AM
Hi Julz

Can u put me and Bronya down on the reserve list please

Ta very much

Craig
9th April 2004, 12:51 AM
put me and jude down on the reserve list (just too slow at picking these dates up....)

thanks

Craig
11th April 2004, 03:17 AM
DOH!! just got the date in for the Callander Classic Weekend (which I was already booked on) and they have changed the date to 28/29th August, so I will have to pull out:(:(

Sorry..........Craig

Crombers
10th June 2004, 08:56 PM
Julz,
Can you add me to the reserve listas well. Now up & runnin (took delivery Mon 7/6) in me new wee silver Coop & lovin every minute :D. This run loks like the first one I can put my name on. For us first timers can you give rough details of route.

Cheers,
Allan.

Burple
10th June 2004, 10:00 PM
Buggeration....
Sorry Kids... Gonna have to pull out of this one :(:(:(:(:disapprove:

I'm away that weekend...

TO THE LEEDS FESTIVAL!!! Wooohoo!!!!!!

Did I mention I got the tickets cheap too??? ;):cool::D:D:D:D

broken_brian
11th June 2004, 01:48 AM
yup count me out as well cos i got some cheap tickets as well ;):D:D:D:approve:

Julz
11th June 2004, 09:28 PM
Well, seeing as you two ain't coming, Bloocoop and Crombers are now on the list!!
As for an outline of the route Crombers, not totally planned yet, but will probably start in Stirling and finish in Perth via some nice hills in Perthshire and Angus!!;)
Why not make the Ice-cream run your first, it's well worth it!!:D:cool:

Crombers
17th June 2004, 05:53 PM
Would love to do ICR but will be going on holiday on the Monday & will need weekend to get bits & bobs. HR run sounds fab looking fwd to it

MartinSullivan
6th July 2004, 11:21 PM
Julz, is there any space left on this run??? If so can u put me down please.

Any more details on the route etc yet

Cheers :D

seany
6th July 2004, 11:27 PM
is this run still going ahead?

Julz
6th July 2004, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by seany

is this run still going ahead?

Yes, but it's not til next month!!:p

GAJ
6th July 2004, 11:57 PM
Count me in too!

Julz
7th July 2004, 12:09 AM
'Fraid you and Martin will have to be reserves, I'm limiting this to 20 cars due to some of the roads I'm planning on using!!:p

seany
7th July 2004, 12:21 AM
do two groups, and next months round the corner

Julz
7th July 2004, 12:27 AM
Two groups isn't really feasible and it's still over 7 weeks away!!:clown:

GAJ
7th July 2004, 12:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

'Fraid you and Martin will have to be reserves, I'm limiting this to 20 cars due to some of the roads I'm planning on using!!:p

You still have Macblob on the list and he's MINIless! I can give him a lift though if I can get his place!:I

seany
7th July 2004, 12:30 AM
ok

Julz
7th July 2004, 04:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

You still have Macblob on the list and he's MINIless! I can give him a lift though if I can get his place!:I

Yes, I was going to look into that, there are also another couple of folk who've not been around lately, will do some checking soon!! Depending on the number of reserves, I might let you all come, I just hope the cattle grids will cope!!:p

AndyP & Lenore
8th July 2004, 06:02 AM
quote:
Yes, I was going to look into that, there are also another couple of folk who've not been around lately, will do some checking soon!! Depending on the number of reserves, I might let you all come, I just hope the cattle grids will cope!!:p

Julz, I know I haven't been posting much, but I lurk often. Sounds like a disease doesn't it?

I love coming on the runs and I do enjoy the benter here on the site, it's just Lenore and I are quiet wee souls. So we don't post much.

We were really disappointed we weren't able to make the Red Arrows last weekend. But it was Shrek 2's opening weekend and our desire to feed and clothe ourselves overwhelms our desire to go on Mini runs... mostly. :)

AndyP

Julz
8th July 2004, 04:16 PM
No problem Andy, as long as I know you're still with us!!;):D

ELFMAN
12th July 2004, 11:07 PM
Julz, I'm TOTALLY sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out of the run.

I can only take my Summer week's holiday from Sat. 28th Aug., and I'm off to chill on Mull, otherwise I lose the week and go mad(der). Apologies for letting you down, but at least one of the Reserve folks can take my place. Gutted - as usual it all happens at the one time. Missed the “Thistle Run” because of a conflict of dates too. I know you'll all have a great run. Gaj/Martin - one of you is in!

By the way Julz, congrats for the “Go MINI” feature.

Julz
13th July 2004, 06:47 PM
Sorry you can't make it, but have fun on your hols!!:cool:

Gismo
14th July 2004, 11:41 PM
Well, what can i say, i won't be able to make this run :( just realised the date clashes, i'm the new Wul :evil::dead:

Julz
14th July 2004, 11:53 PM
See you, you're sacked (don't know what from)!!:blackeye:
Well GAJ, welcome aboard!!:D

GAJ
15th July 2004, 01:08 AM
:D

macblob
15th July 2004, 03:13 AM
Sorry about that Julz, ill need to come off the list as Gaj pointed out , na MINI , na MINI run :D.

Might jump in the Gaj mobile though

GAJ
15th July 2004, 04:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Sorry about that Julz, ill need to come off the list as Gaj pointed out , na MINI , na MINI run :D.

Might jump in the Gaj mobile though

You're more than welcome to! Give me a shout.:)

Julz
15th July 2004, 04:18 PM
No probs MacB, I was leaving you on just incase you decided to get yourself another mini by then, error of your ways an all that!!;):D

Neil and Lorna
23rd July 2004, 06:45 PM
Hi Julz

Just a quick post to say were still on for the HR.:D

We were gutted to miss Arbroath and are loking forward to a good old romp arround our old backyard,lived in Pitlochry for a number of years,Lorna was born and bred there. And its were we met.:)

Neil & Lorna

bloocoop
25th July 2004, 06:25 AM

Well, seeing as you two ain't coming, Bloocoop and Crombers are now on the list!!

Looking forward to it!:D (only just spotted the message Julz - I don't get on computer much these days - sob)

bloocoop

Shrek
26th July 2004, 05:11 AM
Hi Julz. I saw your amazing Mini in Granton last night (along with loadsa other cool Minis). Any room for me on this run?

Steve74
27th July 2004, 02:27 AM
I know I'm kind of late but any chance of squeezing a small MCS on the run Julz?;)

Nenah
27th July 2004, 06:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74

I know I'm kind of late but any chance of squeezing a small MCS on the run Julz?;)

Yes, me too Julz...any chance?:kiss:

Julz
27th July 2004, 04:29 PM
Shrek, you've been added, nice of you to join us!!

Steve and Nenah, you're on the reserves list for just now as I've limited the run to 20!! But that may change;), first recce this weekend, so we shall see:D

Nenah
28th July 2004, 12:12 AM

Steve and Nenah, you're on the reserves list for just now as I've limited the run to 20!! But that may change;), first recce this weekend, so we shall see:D

Ok - thanks...but if there is anything I can do or give you to pursuade you to get me on that list...consider it done. ;););)

Steve74
28th July 2004, 01:57 AM
My mini is oh so small....

Shrek
28th July 2004, 03:48 AM

Thanks Julz. I cannot wait.

Astrohaggis
30th July 2004, 05:54 PM
Okay, I'm REALLY late in asking ...but can I please be added to the list ...pleeeeease! :)

Julz
30th July 2004, 06:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Astrohaggis

Okay, I'm REALLY late in asking ...but can I please be added to the list ...pleeeeease! :)

I'm afraid you're just a reserve for noo!!:sleepy:

sleepyrascal
1st August 2004, 05:09 AM
hey, where will the run start?

Julz
2nd August 2004, 04:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

hey, where will the run start?

The run will start and finish at the Broxden Services in Perth!!;):D

sleepyrascal
3rd August 2004, 09:00 PM
If possible Julz, I would like a seat in the reserve bit. ?

Nenah
4th August 2004, 05:54 PM
Julz, your earlier post mentioned you were doing a trial run to decide on how many cars could join - any change to the 20 limit? And what would you do if I just turned up anyway!?!?!?! Mini-rebellion!

Julz
4th August 2004, 07:07 PM
So far we've done half the recce, it's the next stage that will be the decider as I don't know how much of a battering rusty old cattle grids take!! But don't worry, I'll keep you posted you impatient little sod!!;):D

Big Col
4th August 2004, 07:18 PM
HERE! That's a point! Whit would you do if they just turned up anyway? Eh? EH? Whit ye gonnie dae aboot it? :D;)

Julz
4th August 2004, 07:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

HERE! That's a point! Whit would you do if they just turned up anyway? Eh? EH? Whit ye gonnie dae aboot it? :D;)

Send you home for a start!!

Wouldnae bother me, they would just have to be at the back and bring a packed lunch and a note from their mummy!!

Big Col
4th August 2004, 07:24 PM
You cannie send me home! I'm in at number 14! :approve:

Gismo
4th August 2004, 07:26 PM
You cannie send me home! I'm in at number 14! :approve:
Have you checked the list recently :eek::blackeye:;)

Julz
4th August 2004, 07:26 PM
We'll see!! You'll only be at 14 if you behave yourself!!:approve:

Big Col
4th August 2004, 07:44 PM
Buggrit! Looks like I'm at the back with my packed lunch as their aint much chance of that!

sleepyrascal
4th August 2004, 09:18 PM
It would be amusing if 100 mini's turned up! Julz, for the rebellion tribe, will you supply all the packed lunches? I like ham and cheese with a little mustard (dijon), and a bottle of water! Also, my mum wouldn't write me a note, but if I get my sister to do it, would that be ok?

REMEMBER, DIJON MUSTARD!!!

Julz
4th August 2004, 09:59 PM

Julz, for the rebellion tribe, will you supply all the packed lunches?

Gettae afftae awatae Forfar:mad:

Monsta Mo Mini
4th August 2004, 10:01 PM
Oi! What about Brechin?!

Nenah
5th August 2004, 01:02 AM

It would be amusing if 100 mini's turned up! Julz, for the rebellion tribe, will you supply all the packed lunches? I like ham and cheese with a little mustard (dijon), and a bottle of water! Also, my mum wouldn't write me a note, but if I get my sister to do it, would that be ok?

REMEMBER, DIJON MUSTARD!!!

Sorry Julz - didnt mean to stir up trouble :eek: - just testing the boundaries of authority! See...only takes one person to start a revolution. I understand why there must be limits on the run and I eagerly await your invitation to join! :D ..And I'll have vegemite and cheese sandwich please for my packed lunch!

phantom
5th August 2004, 02:41 AM
Remember Julz, if the rebellion gets too much there's always that Belfast sink;), scared the sh*t out of me, mind you Rob would need to give you a hand lifting it:evil::p:D

Julz
5th August 2004, 04:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

mind you Rob would need to give you a hand lifting it:evil::p:D

Cheeky!!:evil:

I have a plan to change the location of the start and only tell those who're on the list!!:evil::clown:

Steve74
5th August 2004, 08:37 PM
Let's not forget the true spirit of NMS.

weefossy
6th August 2004, 12:58 AM
Belfast Sink !!! is that code for a "kneecaps job" for all these so called revolutionaries.:evil::evil:

sleepyrascal
6th August 2004, 01:02 AM
Julz, your doing a great job, and if 20 is the limit, then us reserve lot will just have to accept it. Still want my sandwich though!

The Dogfather
6th August 2004, 01:20 AM

Let's not forget the true spirit of NMS.

Is that Vodka or Whisky?

phantom
6th August 2004, 02:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Belfast Sink !!! is that code for a "kneecaps job" for all these so called revolutionaries.:evil::evil:

Hi Malcolm, the sink was from the OT&B thread, under I'm bored, England verses Scotland fight, was very funny, I think I lost but not telling anyone that!;)

Nenah
6th August 2004, 02:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Gezzzz- relax! Julz, can you please remove my name of the reserve list - think I'll pass on this one. Cheers :)

Julz
6th August 2004, 04:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM
Gezzzz- relax! Julz, can you please remove my name of the reserve list - think I'll pass on this one. Cheers :)

NO!! You're staying put!! Fair enough, some people seem to want to throw toys and handbags ootta the pram, but that's up to them. You haven't moaned or whimpered once, so you're staying on the list.

For the record folks, I know some people are a wee bit disgruntled at the limit of 20, but to be fair, this thread was started in February and if you're not new round here, you've no excuse for missing it!! <roll eyes smilie if we had one!!>. I know the route we're taking and the planned stops, and I personally don't want the headache of too many cars. I think I initially got the limit idea from Mr & Mrs M who said they would have enjoyed the Perthshire Run more if they didn't have to worry about the large number of cars, then there was the St. Andrews run where we seem to piddle off alot of the locals by taking over the wee narrow roads, I don't want to do that cause the planned roads are local to me.

I'm actually starting to wonder why I'm having to give reasons, so here it is - if you don't like the limit, tough!!:approve:

So Nenah, again, nope, I'm leaving you on the list whether you like it or not!!:clown::p

Tahra
6th August 2004, 06:23 PM
Well I know we've been on the list since Feb but a clash has come up, so we'll need to regretfully withdraw :(( and I was looking forward to something nice n' local too).....Im getting - sharp intake of breath - my eyes zapped that weekend !:eek: J could've taken Scooby on a solo mission but Im making him hold my hand down in Newcastle.

So another lucky reserve can step up and we'll see you's at the Karting !

Big Col
6th August 2004, 06:49 PM
Right! The next person that moans about the 20 limit is getting a slap! <ponders> Hmmm...unless it's a girly then chivalry dictates I can't slap 'em but they'll get a whopper of a dirty look! :evil:

Steve74
6th August 2004, 06:54 PM
Does that mean I get to go on the run now there is a space.... Or does starting a heated topic get me in hot water ;)

Julz
6th August 2004, 07:13 PM
Yes Steve, you're now on the run, so just sit in a corner and keep quiet from now til then!!;):D

(Nenah, one step closer, who else you gonna pay off then??:p)

Julz
6th August 2004, 07:14 PM
p.s. Good luck Tahra, my pal had her eyes zapped and doesn't regret it one bit!!:cool::cool:

Steve74
6th August 2004, 07:15 PM
Cool! :D

sleepyrascal
6th August 2004, 08:05 PM
Hey Julz. I think your back on track now. Things seem to have settled down!

Unfortunately I have to ask you to remove me from the list as I got some dates mixed up. I'm planning to take part in the Stelvio or Bust run from the 24th AUG to the 2nd Sept. I actually only found out the dates recently. Sorry for messing you about! Thanks for keeping me on the reserves, You've done a great job so far!!
Cheers Julz!! Enjoy the run everyone!!!

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53248

Julz
6th August 2004, 08:09 PM
Hey no probs, if you're daft enough to go on SoB, fine by me!! Keep your eyes peeled round these parts though as KJ had been considering a Europe run sometime next year!! Also, have you thought about the Mizen to Malin run next year in Ireland??:D

Duncan Stewart
6th August 2004, 08:33 PM
Great work sorting out a run Julz and I totally respect your 20 car limit. I am interested on your comments on the St Andrews run - why do you think we annoyed the locals? just interested as I'm thinking of various run ideas myself & don't want to upset the locals - was it anywhere in particular so I know to avoid that area.
Cheers

Julz
6th August 2004, 08:53 PM
Can't remember where, but it was mainly after St. Andrews on the narrow roads in the Leuchers direction. It's just we were pretty close to the back for some of the time and the reactions from some of the folks travelling the other way, who enevitably had to pull over to let us past, was not very welcoming!!:eek::(:sleepy:

Duncan Stewart
6th August 2004, 09:38 PM
Aye - its these grumpy Fifers :clown: ;).
Thanks Julz

Nenah
6th August 2004, 10:00 PM
quote:So Nenah, again, nope, I'm leaving you on the list whether you like it or not!!:clown::p

I love a dominant women! :p Ok - I'll stay put and keep working on others to blackmail.:cool:

sleepyrascal
6th August 2004, 11:08 PM
I will defo look out for similar runs here!!!! The Europe one ties in with my hols. If It falls through, It would be cool to come with you guys, but i'll check with you nearer the time!!! CHEERS JULZ!

The Dogfather
6th August 2004, 11:16 PM
Ireland! How about a Guiness Run. No restrictions to Black minis with white roofs though!

Shrek
7th August 2004, 04:31 AM
Hey Seany, are u up for a mini mini run from Kincraig to this?

phantom
10th August 2004, 01:51 AM
Hi Julz, due to all sorts of problems I'm having I have had to bring my hols forward so now I will be away the last two weeks of August and will now miss the run:( But at least one of the reserves will get a run:D Sorry for any hastle.

seany
10th August 2004, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Shrek

Hey Seany, are u up for a mini mini run from Kincraig to this?

yes why not!

Nenah
10th August 2004, 03:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

Hi Julz, due to all sorts of problems I'm having I have had to bring my hols forward so now I will be away the last two weeks of August and will now miss the run:( But at least one of the reserves will get a run:D Sorry for any hastle.

Does that mean I'm in??? Sorry to be so excited by your exit Phantom...!

Julz
10th August 2004, 04:06 PM

I'm afraid so!!;)

Steve74
10th August 2004, 05:11 PM
Have to say, just paid a bl**dy fortune for a rail ticket up from London to be home for the run weekend. Festival time!!!

Nenah
10th August 2004, 06:53 PM

I'm afraid so!!;)

[Nenah does a little dance on spot!]:D:D:D:D:D:D

sleepyrascal
10th August 2004, 07:05 PM
Cool Julz. You read my mind! I'm back on the reserves without even asking! Not doing that Euro thing with MINI2. I'll wait till NMS get something like that on the go. It's a bit to soo for me to get organised for such a big run. So If you can keep me on the reserves, that would be cool! cheers Julz!

phantom
11th August 2004, 03:26 AM
[Nenah does a little dance on spot!]:D:D:D:D:D:D
[/quote]

:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:;)

X30YES
16th August 2004, 03:13 AM
Any room for a wee one ...just realised I will be onshore on that date and be greatful if you could add me as a reserve kid !!

Astrohaggis
16th August 2004, 05:49 AM
Hi Julz - can you take me off the reserve list please! I'm gonna be a co-pilot on this one!!! :p

zimbo
18th August 2004, 12:20 AM
Hi Julz, sorry its this late but could you please take my name off the list, wont be able to make it. :(

Julz
18th August 2004, 09:14 PM
Right folks, update time.....

Lunch has been organised at the Spittal of Glenshee, and it just so happens that the day we are going, the residents are having a carvery buffet. So.... for £8.50pp you can have an all you can eat carvery with either a starter or dessert. However, there is the option of soup and sandwiches!

So, can people please mail me (minijulzcs@hotmail.com) with confimation that they're coming, how many will be with them and if the plans for lunch will be ok. This means that I will have all your email addresses for forwarding the route as we may not be able to host the directions as usual.

Cheers;)

seany
18th August 2004, 10:22 PM
can you take me of the list julz please, i will be at the start but have to leave yous as i have to goto away to work in Ireland for about a month.

Julz
18th August 2004, 10:28 PM
I would say that's a shame, but Ireland for a month, you can't go wrong!!;) So are you just coming to wave us off then?:clown:

Big Col
19th August 2004, 04:33 PM
Now folks I don't want you all pulling out of this run because I can't make it. You should all fight back your tears, put a brave face on it and go anyway. Julz has put a lot of work in so do it for her! I'm proud of you all. :D;):clown:

Julz
19th August 2004, 04:36 PM
<rolls eyes> (seeing as we don't have a roll eyes smilie!):evil:

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 10:47 PM
Could I have the place please Julz - especially if its free!!!:D:D:D

Julz
19th August 2004, 10:48 PM
Oh I think so!!;)

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 10:48 PM
Its one of those very rare weekends when I'm not working some part of it. Although you do say free - will pay for me dinner!
:D:D:D

seany
20th August 2004, 12:43 AM

I would say that's a shame, but Ireland for a month, you can't go wrong!!;) So are you just coming to wave us off then?:clown:

yes, also to give you the new mini scotland banner.

X30YES
20th August 2004, 01:32 AM
It will still be Free for you Sheilz...you dont eat much !!!:D
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Its one of those very rare weekends when I'm not working some part of it. Although you do say free - will pay for me dinner!

Sheilz
20th August 2004, 03:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

It will still be Free for you Sheilz...you dont eat much !!!:D

You wouldn't say that if you saw the grub I've just shoved under my nose. And that's knowing I'm on wakened night tonight therefore will probably spend most of it stuffing my face - with junk while I chortle away reading the Tales of Para Handy. Ought to do uni stuff but cant be bothered:I

Julz
20th August 2004, 04:59 PM

Well remembered, and do you have any of the cards or stickers left too??

Where in Ireland are you off to??:clown:

Shrek
21st August 2004, 04:43 AM
Sorry, not gonna make the run now. looks like I'm getting ride of my Mini :disapprove:

seany
21st August 2004, 10:17 PM

Well remembered, and do you have any of the cards or stickers left too??

will do

all the tesco in ireland.

Julz
23rd August 2004, 04:29 PM

Geez, a world tour!!;)

sh@z
23rd August 2004, 09:12 PM
oh well whack me down for this one!! lol

Big Col
23rd August 2004, 09:34 PM

Geez, a world tour!!;)

erm...no...only an Irish tour blondie. :p:D;)

Julz
23rd August 2004, 10:28 PM

<thwack> you know why!!;)

Sh@z, if you send me an email to minijulzcs@hotmail.com just to confirm that you're ok with a carvery buffet etc... also so I have your email addy for sending out the instructions!!
Ta:kiss:

duncan
24th August 2004, 12:47 AM

will do

See if you can get a trip to the Tescos in Slovakia, Seany, its amazingly cheap!
Beer was cheaper than an already cheap bottle of diet coke (30p!)
and the Whisky was £7 for their most expensive blend!

sh@z
24th August 2004, 02:34 AM

<thwack> you know why!!;)

Sh@z, if you send me an email to minijulzcs@hotmail.com just to confirm that you're ok with a carvery buffet etc... also so I have your email addy for sending out the instructions!!
Ta:kiss:

done! :cool:

Kirsty
24th August 2004, 08:00 PM
Julz I know you're going to be emailing us but just so I can start preparing myself for getting up this side of mid-day (although by the looks of the clock on my computer, the other side of mid-day) HEE HEE!! What time are we meeting at Broxden? Really looking forward to the run, been having withdrawl symptoms!!!

Julz
24th August 2004, 08:05 PM
I should be emailing the info out tomorrow lunchtime, but just so you disorganised folks;) can get a head start, we will be leaving the Broxden Services in Perth at 10am!!:eek::approve:

Kirsty
24th August 2004, 08:13 PM
HEE HEE!!! Thanks Julz!!! Thot it was going to be earlier so thats a lovely surprise!! Yayyy me bones will have another hour in bed!! YAYYYYY!!!!

Julz
25th August 2004, 04:28 PM
Ok, so I'm still waiting on confirmation from three cars, one of which I think has been sleeping, but the other two haven't been around for a while (and I've emailed them!), so if they have not confirmed by lunchtime today, their spaces are being opened up to anyone that wants them!:eek::)

john
25th August 2004, 04:39 PM
Can I come please as my works BBQ is cancelled:)

Julz
25th August 2004, 04:46 PM
If Bloocoop or Vosh don't confirm by lunchtime, you can come!! I doubt they will though cause I emailed them last week!!8) So I kinda guess that's a yes!!:D

Steve74
25th August 2004, 05:36 PM
Just got the route Julz - looks very cool! Nice castle:)

MartinSullivan
25th August 2004, 05:37 PM
Yeah , cool route Julz

Julz
25th August 2004, 08:09 PM
Ok, seeing as it is ten past lunchtime, Bloocoop and Vosh have been eliminated!!:eek: John has now joined the ranks (oh heck!!) so that leaves a space.... anybody else??:D

Julz
25th August 2004, 10:53 PM
Ok, so the first mistake has been found on the route, at 56.3 miles, it should say to take a right to Kirkmichael!!

(note to self, next time write left and right on hands!):I:kiss:

john
26th August 2004, 12:22 AM

Ok, so the first mistake has been found on the route, at 56.3 miles, it should say to take a right to Kirkmichael!!

(note to self, next time write left and right on hands!):I:kiss:

So is that an opposite lock corner?:D

Julz
26th August 2004, 12:27 AM
That's whatever you want it to be, with you John, anything is possible!!:p:D

GAJ
26th August 2004, 12:46 AM
Directions are also available from here! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk//downloads/Harvest%20Run.pdf)

Steve74
26th August 2004, 01:07 AM
Looking forward to this...:cool:

duncan
26th August 2004, 06:52 AM
Looking good Julz.
I was up at the reservoir on Monday, and there sure are some nice roads up there.

Just hope its Duncan Stewart thats mentioned in dispatches on the directions! ;)

GAJ
26th August 2004, 08:00 AM
I will be bringing along a face from the deepest depths of NMS history. He has now switched to the darkside, but I dont think that there are many Seat runs happening at the moment and he feels a bit left out! ;)

A mini Mars bar to the first correct guess as to who my mystery guest might be!:p

Willie M
26th August 2004, 03:44 PM
Oh, I dunno :p Is it David (knaone) ??? ;):clown:
Or is it one of your Geeky apple mac pals Gaj?? :clown:

Duncan Stewart
26th August 2004, 04:34 PM
Ho! welcome back Brian! :D. Has he not got rid of that Seat thingy yet? ;)

GAJ
26th August 2004, 04:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

That's fighting talk! Somebody hud ma jaicket!;)

It could be someone who has been enlightened to the world beyond M$ Windoze!:D

macblob
26th August 2004, 04:36 PM
Still driving that seat thingy im afraid, most MINIs are so far in my rear view mirror these days.......ohh well .

Will be good to come along on Sunday and see some old and new faces.

Will also be weird being a passenger for a change. Hope youve got a mini fridge and some lager Gaj :D

Julz
26th August 2004, 04:42 PM

Still driving that seat thingy im afraid, most MINIs are so far in my rear view mirror these days.......ohh well .

We'll see about that!!

Cheers for putting the link on GAJ, I've not sussed that one out yet!;):D

macblob
26th August 2004, 04:42 PM
Julz is it to late to be added for lunch?

cheers B

Julz
26th August 2004, 04:47 PM

Julz is it to late to be added for lunch?

cheers B

Not at all, I overbooked with numbers just incase, but it's a buffet anyway so I don't think it matters, they were only concerned if the numbers were more than I had stated!:clown:

Sheilz
26th August 2004, 04:48 PM

That's fighting talk! Somebody hud ma jaicket!;)

It could be someone who has been enlightened to the world beyond M$ Windoze!:D

GAJ, does your signature appear the same on everyone's screen?

GAJ
26th August 2004, 05:20 PM

The sig is dynamic; it will be different for everyone, it really does detect your IP, ISP, OS and browser, clever eh!

Scottie
26th August 2004, 05:22 PM
It's not got my correct ip address.

Sheilz
26th August 2004, 05:24 PM

The sig is dynamic; it will be different for everyone, it really does detect your IP, ISP, OS and browser, clever eh!

yep it is clever but a bit freaky as well!!
:D:D

Gismo
26th August 2004, 06:04 PM
It's always got my correct IP address, even when i'm offshore working through the gateway and firewall ;)

Scottie
26th August 2004, 06:16 PM
I've double checked and it's not my correct ip address not even close.

Gismo
26th August 2004, 06:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
I'm curious, what method are you using to check your IP address :question:

macblob
26th August 2004, 06:43 PM
Cheers Julz. :D

And note i did say some MINIs in my rear view (ones with over 200bhp dont count) lol

GAJ
26th August 2004, 10:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Using my special moderator powers I can tell that your IP is 19?.130.3?.3. I've blanked out a few digits to retain your privacy! If you are seeing something different when you check you may be viewing the IP of the specific PC on your local network allocated by your router. This might look something like 10.0.0.138, depending on the type of router!

Julz
26th August 2004, 10:50 PM
Ok, two more mistakes have been found on the route (this is getting ridiculous!!:evil:) 121.1 miles, should be a right and 126.2 miles the first left should actually be a right!!

Shouldn't be a problem as this is after a regroup so we should all be together!:)

GAJ
26th August 2004, 11:28 PM
A wee reminder ;) -

L_________________________________________________ ____________R

...which reminds me of a joke about C & A knickers which I might tell you later!:I

Julz
26th August 2004, 11:30 PM
Noooooo, you've got it wrong, it's the other way around!! As for the C&A knickers, I wonder whatever could you mean??:eek::p

X30YES
26th August 2004, 11:32 PM
Depends which way she is facing at the time I guess ;)

A wee reminder ;) -

L_________________________________________________ ____________R

...which reminds me of a joke about C & A knickers which I might tell you later!:I

Kirsty
27th August 2004, 05:20 PM
Julz you're doing a fine job m'lady don't you worry!! Just imagine if I was doing it!!! No maybe not!!!
Gaj I know the C&A knickers thing NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Brian it will be nice to see you!! But as for MINIs in your rear view mirror....you aint seen my NEW baby!!! <evil laugh> hahahahahaha!!! See you on Sunday!!!!

macblob
27th August 2004, 05:27 PM
Only cause u was soooooo far behind me Kirsty hehehehe :p

Kirsty
27th August 2004, 05:37 PM
Oooohhhhhhhhhhh!!! Just you wait mate!!!I'll show you!!!! HEE HEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

GAJ
27th August 2004, 05:50 PM
Fighting talk! 24 hours to get the Zoooooom turbo kit fitted!

Kirsty
27th August 2004, 06:20 PM

Fighting talk! 24 hours to get the Zoooooom turbo kit fitted!

Yeah I know Brain will need it!!! :p He has nae chance against my baby!!! HEE HEEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :p:p:D

macblob
27th August 2004, 07:34 PM
Do you want me to start about Miss piggy again ? oink oink

Duncan Stewart
27th August 2004, 08:32 PM

i did say some MINIs in my rear view (ones with over 200bhp dont count) lol

:D ha ha ha! What planet are you living on Brian? - on a motorway maybe but not a real roads! :p :D :cool: ;)

Steve74
27th August 2004, 08:36 PM
Just noticed in the paper that J25-26 of the M8 may be closed that the M9 J4-6 has contraflow stuff going on. Wouldn't think it would be a problem for people getting to the meet point but thought I should mention it!

Julz
28th August 2004, 12:09 AM
Ok folks, as I'm quite unlikely to be back online before sunday (home in 23 minutes and pc still in old flat!) I will hopefully see you all bright and breezy on sunday morning! If anyone needs to get in touch before then, my mobily number is on the top of the route sheet form thingy!!

See you all on sunday.......:D:D

p.s. please make sure you all have a copy of the directions with you as I have not had the chance to print off spares!! Ta;)

sleepyrascal
28th August 2004, 01:19 AM
cheers julz..

Astrohaggis
28th August 2004, 03:06 AM
Oh good grief - you've started challenging people ALREADY Kirsty!!! :p

Kirsty
28th August 2004, 09:45 PM

Do you want me to start about Miss piggy again ? oink oink

No I don't think that will be necessary thank you Brian!!! :eek: <runs and hides in case he does anyway> :I But just wait til you see my plates on my baby!!! I hadn't really thot about it in relation to that unfortunate incident but VERY appropriate I'm sure you'll agree!!! HEE HEE!! See you on Sunday!!! :p:)
Ben, me challenge anyone?? NEVER!!! Now I did say that I was going to stop sabotaging threads so let it be known that thats me back in my cage behaving!!! Honest!! :I

Heather
29th August 2004, 02:12 AM

Just noticed in the paper that J25-26 of the M8 may be closed that the M9 J4-6 has contraflow stuff going on. Wouldn't think it would be a problem for people getting to the meet point but thought I should mention it!

Thanks steve, thats were i normally join and hadn't heard about the works. Wouldn't want to be late would I?!:)

GAJ
30th August 2004, 01:48 AM
Made it back! Well done Julz and Rob for finding some excellent roads. Thanks for taking the time to organise this, it is appreciated! Shame the rain couldn't have kept away but at least there were plenty puddles to splash through.
Nice to see some old faces (some older than others;)) and happy to see lots of new faces too, hope you enjoyed your first run!
Wasn't all good though - Heather encouraging Brian with his pro-Seat banter, your wasting your time, I'm a MINI man through and through!:D:clown:

sh@z
30th August 2004, 01:49 AM
Thats me just back

BIG BIG thanks to Julz and Rob for an awesome run, and for everyone making it such a laugh :D. Hope to see you all soon ...

Quote of the day HAS TO go to Kirsty: "Play with me, please" :D ... another T-Shirt coming up @ a future run!!!!! LOL

Anyway, thanks again and hope you all got back home safe.

shaz

Steve74
30th August 2004, 01:50 AM
Second that. Great roads, great run, one very scary blue polo but lots of fun!

MartinSullivan
30th August 2004, 02:14 AM
A big thanks to Julz and Rob - excellent run, great roads , well planned - what more can I say. Thanks again, hope to see you all again soon

sleepyrascal
30th August 2004, 02:18 AM
Just home. My car was green this morning, its now kinda squashed insect and mud colour! NICE!!

Also, thanks to John and Nenah for the 110mph convoy back to Aberdeen!

Thanks for an awsome run! ! !

Cheers!!

Monsta Mo Mini
30th August 2004, 02:33 AM
HELLOOOO! I'm back! Glad to see avetone enjoyed their day - if you could send all good pics to me at info@newminiscotland.co.uk I'll prepare an an "official" online gallery of the event. Thanks muchly - I'm away to catch a few zeds prior to the next nappy change.

MartinSullivan
30th August 2004, 02:34 AM
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000001.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000002.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000003.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000005.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000006.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000007.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000009.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000014.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000015.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00464065f00000017.jpg

weefossy
30th August 2004, 03:41 AM
Well done Julz and Rob. Great day out and 5 puddings to choose from:D:Dand they were all delicious!!
Let's all remember "The Hedgehog" that survived 20 minis before some "D*ckhead" Peugeot ruined his groundhog day.....phew a mini.... phew another mini....sh*t another mini....mini ...mini...
Where did Sioban find that taxidermist:evil::evil:

Duncan Stewart
30th August 2004, 04:10 AM
Excellent work Julz & Rob. A day out splashing in puddles - I feel like a kid again :D. Great Lunch too!
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/65127385.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/65127349.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/65127280.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/65127230.jpg

macblob
30th August 2004, 04:10 AM
Cheers Julz and Rob, for a great day.
Brill rds and a good laugh

Thanks for the transport Gaj, being a passenger was entertaining for a change.

I agree with Shaz concerning the quote of the day lol.

Was the way she was rubbing her knees at the same time that I found concerning 8)

X30YES
30th August 2004, 04:46 AM
Great day out guys and and a well organised route ,it must have been a few trips getting that together...... Met a woman fron Washington State at the Lunch halt ,and she said that even her son had a mini cooper ...she looked well pleased getting her photograph taken next to the cars to show her son !.And the guy with the Mini Convertable from London joined in for a few miles to see what was going on ...... till the rain started that is . Good day out again ...TY J&R

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2004, 05:10 AM
Excellent run. Thanks to Julz and Rob for all the hard work. Great roads. Great lunch. What more can you say?

Thanks again.

A & L.

duncan
30th August 2004, 06:04 AM
Well done Julz and Rob, some mighty fine roads, and some cracking puddles, that must have taken some arranging! :p

Sheilz
30th August 2004, 06:10 AM
Thanks too from me and Nik. This was our first proper run which we enjoyed tremendously. Angus and then Malcolm and Shiobhan waiting for us when we lagged behind was much appreciated. We would have got well and truly lost if you hadn't. I've got some pics as well and a bit of film but have not a clue how to post them!!
We're still laughing about the vanished minis enroute to Perth.

Willie M
30th August 2004, 03:55 PM
BIG THANKS, and well done to Julz n' Rob. Great day out with some fantastic wee roads and scenery, didn't let a few showers dampen the day. Loved the run up to the reservoir. Superb :approve:

Highlights for me were GAJ & MacB starting a fight outside the hotel after lunch ;), the greedy gets who had a least 3 puddings (you know who you are :p) and Zoooooom's superb execution of the hairpin bend on the Dalcalpon road :cool: Oh, and that mad blonde wife that accosted us wi' the big dug at the Hermitage :clown:

Another great New Mini Scotland adventure :cool:

Julz
30th August 2004, 04:19 PM
:IAww shucks, cheers folks! We're just glad everyone made it back safe, sound and a wee bit manky!!:eek::approve: Glad no-one got lost, although Kirsty obviously decided the first turn-off after Kirkmichael wasn't good enough for her (yes chickadee, the bright yellow mini is a wee bit hard to miss in the rear view mirror!!;)).
Apologies for my inability to spell, tell left from right, count and write down my own bloomin' phone number!!:blackeye:
The kamikaze VW was a bit scary, even worse, it was a girl driving!!:eek::kiss:

I even had a bit of fun on the way home, leaving Scone, some child in a honda civic decided to overtake me, til I decided sod that, looked at him as he was alongside, grinned, winked, then dropped a gear and waved bye bye!! He'll not try that again in a hurry!!:approve:

Anyway, big thanks to John at Apex Signs for making the panels for us;) and also a big thanks to Siobhan for finding that taxidermist so quickly, Squidge the hedgehog is now being kept safe and sound on my dashboard!!:D

GAJ
30th August 2004, 04:25 PM
Highlights for me were GAJ & MacB starting a fight outside the hotel after lunch

That wisnae a pagger! They werenae proper swords! Come doon Leith ya radge and ya'll see whit aggro is aw aboot, ya bampot!;)

Heather
31st August 2004, 03:30 AM

Wasn't all good though - Heather encouraging Brian with his pro-Seat banter, your wasting your time, I'm a MINI man through and through!:D:clown:

Oi! Just discussing the pros and cons;)Grass is always greener and all that. Anyway you dont look that mini to me!:)
Thanks for a great run julz, fab roads and nice secenry to boot. The clan McSnob were also good entertainment! Star of the day goes to Malcolm for his excellant rendition of "singing in the rain" Class:D

macblob
31st August 2004, 03:43 AM
Gaj is anything but MINI lol :p.

john
31st August 2004, 07:29 AM
Well done Julz/Rob and good luck at the dizzzzzzzzzzlexxxxxia lpace
yuo wiil need ti:D

good to see so many new faces and some old too.
I did see someone there that was familiar but it took me ages to workout as she was not wearing her strap-on:D(you know who you are):D:D

GAJ
31st August 2004, 06:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

Anyway you dont look that mini to me!:)

Oi! Watch it!;):)

Kirsty
2nd September 2004, 05:00 PM
A brilliant run Julz and Rob!!! Brilliant roads and food!!! Hats definately off to you both!!
RE: T-shirt, you will just have to wait and see!!! HEE HEE!!!
RE: Rubbing legs (unless someone else has also taken up that pursuit) In my defence I wasn't doing it at the same time as the brolly thing!! Not enough arms/hands an all that!! HEE HEE!!!
RE: second exit, oooops thot I'd got away with that one but I blame my navigator for singing along to choones that I will not embarrass him by naming (but knew all the words to) instead of doing his job!! It's ok tho he has been fired!! HEE HEE!!!!!
Thanks again for a fabulous day, it was a total scream and really good to see all the old faces and the new ones, just hope we (well I) didn't scare any of them off!!!
John....what can I say.... tooot tooot!!!!!! HEE HEE HEE!!!!

Astrohaggis
3rd September 2004, 08:55 AM
HUGE thanks to Julz'n'Rob! :D Brilliant run, even as a passenger! I would have said navigator but I appear to have been SACKED!!! :eek: I only missed ONE turning! :p

...and you're the one who HAS the Rick Astley CD Kirsty!!! :eek::dead: (I was slagging him off not bl**dy singing to it!)

I do hope that Zoom's nob is safely re-attached now - you really should be more careful while you're driving mate!!! :I;)