PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Nano - don't buy one just now...

KenL
28th December 2007, 11:54 PM
I bought a 3rd gen Nano for my wife for Xmas. It loaded up OK and I managed to downlaod some songs on to it on Xmas day.

I liked it , so decided to buy another for myself.

Now the problems.

1. The one I bought today, will do nothing, won't even charge up.

2. The one I bought for my wife is no longer being recognised by the computer. I get a message something like "USB device not recognised".

A quick search on the net reveals that a LOT of owners are experiencing the same problems.

So, back to John Lewis tomorrow for a refund. I also spent £30 at Currys on two covers, wonder if I will manage to get a refund from them!

sedgie
29th December 2007, 12:15 AM
Well hubby bought me the 8gb wan for chrimbo....smaller than my last gen 30gb....i have had no probs with it...it charging no probs...loaded in my tunes....and plays in car:D

The Dogfather
29th December 2007, 12:16 AM
I've not had any problems with mine, but I use mine with my iMac

KenL
29th December 2007, 12:20 AM
I've not had any problems with mine, but I use mine with my iMac

Weird eh, glad you guys are not having problems.

Some people are saying that updating the ipod software, as recommended by Apple was the cause of their problems.

...but I am not very happy, still should be easy enough to get my money back.

This thread, and many others, are typical of the probs.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1307897&tstart=0

N12 JLK
29th December 2007, 11:27 AM
Santa brought one for Kerr and it works fine.

KenL
29th December 2007, 05:20 PM
I took both back to John Lewis today, who confirmed both were faulty and gave me my money back - good service, they should start selling MINIs ;)

I decided to give them one more try, so replaced one of them. Will post how it goes.

Totally rubbish service from Apple though:rolleyes: Spend 20 minutes waiting for technical advice, all the guy could do was tell me how to reset it, just like I could read in the manual!

They also claimed that they had never heard of ANY problems with 3rd gen Nanos. I did mention that they should take a look at the forums on their own web site :eek:

KenL
8th January 2008, 08:16 PM
Update...

Bought another for Karin and it is fine.

Bought another for myself, it too is fine.

I have not updated the iPod software to the latest version though, this still seems to be causing probs for some owners.

A cool wee machine, highly recommended. Been downloading lots of clips from Youtube to watch on it.