PDA

View Full Version : MINI Christmas Presents?

AndyP & Lenore
26th December 2007, 02:07 AM
Anyone get any prezzies for their MINI then?

Lenore got a new reggie for the our Red R53.

A.:D

duncan
26th December 2007, 03:18 AM
No, I got a Gemma Atkinson calendar. Thats more of a Maxi ;)

MINI William
26th December 2007, 09:59 AM
I got a JCW strutbrace and a MSD Ignition dash hawk try and get them on 2day with pics:D

Craig
26th December 2007, 12:11 PM
My MINI got a K & N Induction Kit (57i) and money from some of the family which is paying for my Playmini exhaust. (Getting ordered today!) :D :D

john
26th December 2007, 12:26 PM
Anyone get any prezzies for their MINI then?

Lenore got a new reggie for the our Red R53.

Sounds like a crap deal to me:confused:

So did Lenore get the reg or was it really for you? as you said she got it for our car?:rolleyes:

You better nip to the shops and get her an extra present I think.:)

Mini Ecosse
26th December 2007, 12:58 PM
No, I got a Gemma Atkinson calendar. Thats more of a Maxi ;)

I got a classic mini calendar, do you want to swap?:rolleyes: :)

Ivano
26th December 2007, 02:36 PM
My MINI is getting a late Christmas Present,I am ordering Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers, Eibach Top Mounts and Eibach Rear Control Arms next week for hopefully fitment middle of January

ny152
26th December 2007, 04:24 PM
Got a nice chequered rear view mirror cover :).

Plus a radio controlled MINI and a model Convertible.

MINI William
26th December 2007, 04:33 PM
as posted earlyer i got a dashhawk just plugged it in and it dosent work saying CAN communication not found anyone else had problems like this???

AndyP & Lenore
26th December 2007, 07:38 PM
Sounds like a crap deal to me:confused:

So did Lenore get the reg or was it really for you? as you said she got it for our car?:rolleyes:

You better nip to the shops and get her an extra present I think.:)

Naw, naw.... I bought Lenore a Reggie for the Red R53. One I know she's wanted for a while.;)

Sweeney
26th December 2007, 08:07 PM
Thats a nice wee gadget you got there william! (Im jealous :o) Best bet is probably emailling them, just had a wee look on their site and looks as if its meant to be plug-and-play.

The CAN refers to the on board system (aka CANbus):
"Many Ford, Chrysler, and GM vehicles started implementing Controller Area Network (CAN) communications in 2004. As new vehicles are introduced, most are CAN compliant. As a result, you have some vehicles in 2004, many more in 2005-2006, most 2007s, and finally by 2008 ALL vehicles sold in the US must be CAN compliant. A matrix for known supported vehicles is shown in the supported vehicles (http://www.dashhawk.com/support.html) page."

Mini is listed as supported but maybe theres a difference between US and UK spec hence why it can't communicate?

MINI William
26th December 2007, 09:18 PM
thanks for the reply sweeney.yeh its a lovely little gadget.the MINI should be CAN as if you look at your OBD plug (usally on the drivers side) ports 6 and 14 have got pins if they dont then its not so i dont know what the prob is.ive emailed them and my mum checked before she bought it that it would work on a MINI the guy went to a mini garage and checked if it does.so will give them a call tomorrow.

Sheilz
26th December 2007, 09:33 PM
specy got an early pressie of four new wheels. Not sure if the fleecy lined pale blue crocs I got with saltire on one and a sheep (I think that was put on it to show I'm from Aberdeen;)) to match my car counts as pressie for specy. They're cool and keeping my tootsies nice and cosy :D:D:D

Gismo
27th December 2007, 05:04 AM
as posted earlyer i got a dashhawk just plugged it in and it dosent work saying CAN communication not found anyone else had problems like this???
I'd contact mikeythemini for advice :)

Gismo
27th December 2007, 05:16 AM
I got a nice set of BMW recaro's for Wee Dougie :)

N12 JLK
27th December 2007, 12:17 PM
Nothing for the car but we got MINI clothing, Jason= Hat, scarf, T-shirt and watch. lesley= Top and brolley. Kerr= jammies, cars and T-shirts.

weefossy
27th December 2007, 08:36 PM
Mom got a knob......with "Works" on it and she says it feels lovely:D :D Another two spots to add on and a "Works" key ring.

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2007, 02:29 AM
I got a nice set of BMW recaro's for Wee Dougie :)

So now you have 4 seats for Dougie?

A.:confused:

Gismo
28th December 2007, 04:36 AM
So now you have 4 seats for Dougie?

A.:confused:
Counting the pair that's already in him, then yes, i guess so :rolleyes:
He currently has classic Cobra buckets, which :rolleyes: will be replaced with the BMW Recaros

V11kae
28th December 2007, 01:48 PM
Carson had new spots fitted with new Grille. I'll be Happy Flashing from now on! :eek:

Craig
28th December 2007, 04:10 PM
Well, with the help of Marky, fitted my K & N Induction kit and my front mudflaps today. :D :D

The induction kit does sound good, and it seems to be better throttle response, however that could just be the sensation from the noise. :cool:

AeroJonny
28th December 2007, 04:32 PM
I really need to wash mine!!!!! It's probably not a performance increase, just that you're keeping it right between 3-4000 rpm where it sounds the bestest! :P

MINI William
29th December 2007, 09:59 PM
well the dashhawk's are on there way back they are going to see what they can do or they will send me sum other obd monitor:D