PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: OEM Cooper exhaust

3GGG
21st December 2007, 08:40 PM
Anyone got a original rear silencer for the Cooper that they don't want. Mine is about to rust through and I will need to change it soon. So for you performance guys, do you have the OEM part lying in your garage?

Sweeney
21st December 2007, 09:57 PM
Ive a full cat-back system from an april build 05 cooper (as i had JCW kit put on), its in work but could arrange collection if you wanted?

3GGG
22nd December 2007, 12:51 PM
Hi Sweeney, do you know if it will fit an August 02 build Cooper? - I'm not sure if the mounting or anything is different between the models.

I could arrange to collect it in the New Year if it is suitable.

Sweeney
22nd December 2007, 04:29 PM
Haven't got a clue bud

3GGG
22nd December 2007, 04:49 PM
Anyone know?

Craig
22nd December 2007, 05:47 PM
no idea, however Low'n'loud had his playmini exhaust on an 03 and now in his facelift 55 so the rear mounting brackets for the back box must be the same.

Don't think there will be a big problem. Maybe someone else has prior experience..;) You could ask on MINI2, you'll probably get a quicker answer.

Burple
22nd December 2007, 09:58 PM
no idea, however Low'n'loud had his playmini exhaust on an 03 and now in his facelift 55 so the rear mounting brackets for the back box must be the same.

Don't think there will be a big problem. Maybe someone else has prior experience..;) You could ask on MINI2, you'll probably get a quicker answer.

Indeedy I do :D Should be a straight swap, mine was :cool::cool:

Incidentally, it must have covered 80K+ miles now, still solid, shiny and fruity! :cool:

3GGG
8th April 2008, 03:48 PM
Got the exhaust from Ryan, was in very good nick (many thanks).

My brother fitted it today - bit of a struggle as bolts needed heating with welding torch to get them off. Also the strap that holds the rear box had rusted through, now nicely welded up by Douglas and all well again. :)

Gismo
8th April 2008, 03:53 PM
Nice one David :cool: one of the very few who have kept their original car :)

Sweeney
8th April 2008, 06:10 PM
At least i kept bits of mine :p

3GGG
9th April 2008, 11:02 AM
Nice one David :cool: one of the very few who have kept their original car :)

Yes Alan, still running sweetly, have to change the oil in the gearbox next as I'm fearful of the Midland box going. Slight whine in 5th, but has not got any worse over the years.

I tend to keep cars for ages, usually at least 8 years and I can see I'll probably keep this MINI for a lot longer if I can.

Only other problem is intermittent boot lock switch. Thought I had fixed it, but still have problems at times and have to use the long hold of the remote key to get it open.