PDA

View Full Version : Crossman

euan
18th December 2007, 07:31 PM
Seen this? The new Mini SUV looks set to be called a Crossman.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=17363

Seriously, I worry about this as BMW are going mental, seemingly intent on trying to kill brands, both the MINI and their own, by flooding the market with niche cars to cover every option you would ever want. It's going to dilute the brand to the point where the market doesn't want it anymore, and will shun it for other brands who's cars are not everywhere.

AndyP & Lenore
18th December 2007, 08:09 PM
TBH, it's still a concept. How many concept cars actually go into production.

Just looks like a photoshop'ed, roff rack'ed clubman to me.

A.:D

The Dogfather
18th December 2007, 09:56 PM
It'll be a MINIesque quashqai

KenL
19th December 2007, 12:40 AM
I know it is a concept. but the whole idea of a car like that, to me at least, is a joke.

If they hit the streets, it would really put me off MINI :(

I am not a huge fan of the Clubman, but it is growing on me, at least it has some relevance to offering a bit extra to MINI fans, but at the same time is sensible to the brand image.

Some quasi-4x4 is just a joke. There are far too many 4x4s and fake 4x4s around as it is!

Duncan Stewart
20th December 2007, 10:54 AM
The picture they have used is one of the clubman concept cars.
The SUV is a jacked up, full 4 door - drawing in this article
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/213129/mini_monte.html

I read this week that production is to be in the factory in Austria to get it into production quicker so looks like they are going to build it :eek:

N12 JLK
20th December 2007, 11:21 AM
now that looks pants.

KenL
20th December 2007, 08:37 PM
That looks totally hideous.

But...AE are experts at just making up their own Photoshops and publishing like they are the real thing.

I still do not like the idea of any MINI 4x4 though!

weefossy
20th December 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm with Jason, although think the low profile roof rack would be OK on clubman.

illegalhunter
29th January 2008, 09:58 AM
Not for me , i would like the new Citroen 4x4 . Malcom have you got your clubman yet? Not seen any pics.

ELFMAN
12th March 2008, 03:14 PM
I think it's great that the BMW Design Department are having these 'Bring your Child to Work' days - just a pity they've used one of the kids' drawings as a template!

The Clubman is a good looking car which goes very well (try to keep up with Malocolm & Sioban on a bumpy, twisty road..), but this 'Concept' has nothing to do with design and performance and everything to do with a profit-hungry Marketing Division intent on screwing every last penny out of the MINI brand. It shows how far-removed they've become from the original and brilliant New MINI ethos.

I hope it comes with a sack of Tatties in the back because it's pure MINCE! Bet it will still sell though........ The only way it could redeem itself would be to have a mid-mounted Supercharged V8.