PDA

View Full Version : Foglight - Dazzle or No Dazzle - Cast your votes

The Dogfather
17th December 2007, 10:01 PM
With a view to ending the debate.

Ok, here's a non contentious (sic!) issue to get you voting. Only members of NMS who've been posting prior to todays date can vote, any others will be deleted to prevent anyone registering new accounts to distort results.
(Andy, BS can you do this not sure if I'll have the option, ta)

Does the use of front foglights, where conditions do not merit their use*, dazzle other road users?

* Conditions to include rain, snow, wildebeest presence, dry, night and daytime but where visibility is greater than 200m.

Burple
17th December 2007, 11:34 PM
There's always some berk with them on on the twisty wee country roads round here :mad:
Bad enough when it's pitch black, but a right pain in the @rse when it's wet too!

The wildebeest don't help matters! ;):D

The Dogfather
17th December 2007, 11:36 PM
There's always some berk with them on on the twisty wee country roads round here :mad:
Bad enough when it's pitch black, but a right pain in the @rse when it's wet too!

The wildebeest don't help matters! ;):D

I know, I nearly hit one (less than 4m at speed not exceeding the NSL, officer) this morning. Mind you it might have been a deer.:rolleyes:

sh@z
17th December 2007, 11:45 PM
Stop yer bloody whingin

duncan
17th December 2007, 11:56 PM
I know, I nearly hit one (less than 4m at 70mph) this morning. Mind you it might have been a deer.:rolleyes:

Deer? If you'd hit it, it would have been bloody expensive :eek: :o ;)

Burple
18th December 2007, 12:11 AM

Coat! :p

They love standing in the trees at Crombie Country park, right at the edge of the road - the wildebeest that is ;)

The Dogfather
18th December 2007, 12:19 AM
Coat! :p

They love standing in the trees at Crombie Country park, right at the edge of the road - the wildebeest that is ;)

I saw just saw a shape running across the field, it was that sort of half light so it was like catch glimpse of a shadow. I just started to back off, as it ran across my path. If I'd hadn't of backed of I would have hit it.

Perhaps I should have had my fogs on, it might have blinded him so he didn't run out. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gismo
18th December 2007, 03:35 AM
Ok, here's a non contentious (sic!) issue to get you voting. Only members of NMS who've been posting prior to todays date can vote, any others will be deleted to prevent anyone registering new accounts to distort results.
(Andy, BS can you do this not sure if I'll have the option, ta)
Sorry, can't do that :) hope this doesn't encourage folks to register and to vote :rolleyes:

The Dogfather
18th December 2007, 07:02 PM
18 - 1, so far. Bump

vintageb3
18th December 2007, 10:10 PM

Good one my son!:D

mark

sedgie
18th December 2007, 10:27 PM
Good one my son!:D

mark

Yes...emmm only £1500 damage for deer......£2200 for badger:o :p :D

KenL
19th December 2007, 12:32 AM
Perhaps I should have had my fogs on, it might have blinded him so he didn't run out. :D :D :D :D :D :D

That would be another reason to turn your fogs off.

C'moan the wildlife ;)