PDA

View Full Version : WINDY (121.98mph)

Fontal
25th February 2004, 01:54 AM
Boy is it WINDY up here we just recorded 106knts (121.98mph):eek::eek: on jetty 4 and its going to get worse:(:( and they still havn't sent us home from work they want us to go out and work.
oh yea its snowing too has anyone ever been hit by a hailstone at 120 mph it hurts :blackeye::blackeye:
I hope my roof is ok:(

duncan
25th February 2004, 01:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal
oh yea its snowing too has anyone ever been hit by a hailstone at 120 mph it hurts :blackeye::blackeye:

Yeah, on Nemesis, at Alton Towers. In the Hail. Boy its sore.
Then again, there was no waiting time!

DNV122
26th February 2004, 07:49 AM
tonight's forecast said even more snow for Shetland - is any of it sticking or has it all been blown to Orkney ?

Fontal
27th February 2004, 05:29 PM
It's sticking we've just had the past day and a half of work :D

Julz
27th February 2004, 06:35 PM
Cheers for sending some my way!!!!:D Hopefully I'll get home early!!!:D:D:D

Burple
27th February 2004, 08:15 PM
Woo!! SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!!! :D :D :D
Might get up skiing / boarding again yet! Yay!!!!

It sure felt like the wind down here was about 120mph last night! it was brutal! :D

Gismo
27th February 2004, 11:00 PM
Good old Shetland, i managed to get all the way to the heliport in Aberdeen only to be told that as we couldn't land at Sumburgh i was to spend another night at home :) all for a full days pay as well :cool:

minidriver#1
27th February 2004, 11:44 PM
do you guys see giant sea creatures when workin off shore?

Fontal
28th February 2004, 12:27 AM
Im pleased that our little island can be of some assisstance to you BS ;)
It's still snowing and blowing, fantastic only problem is that our boss has decided that its not bad enough to be sent home yet even though our vans are getting stuck, blody managment :(

Gismo
28th February 2004, 12:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
do you guys see giant sea creatures when workin off shore?Define giant ;) joking aside, when the ROV is in the water looking at the metal bits on the sea bed all the local fishy neds come to life, something along the lines of 3 to 4 feet :eek: not like your average fish supper missus :p

Wul
28th February 2004, 01:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

do you guys see giant sea creatures when workin off shore?

Depends how many cups of strong coffee he's had! ;)