PDA

View Full Version : New addition to our MINI family....

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 06:06 PM
Not quite a mid-life-crisis, because we're nothing like as close to mid life as the likes of CraigD and Vintage B3. But all the same, we've sold our caravan, giving us some spare cash and we fancied a wee runaround. Couldn't bring ourselves to test a Boxter, and I'd always fancied a "classic" Mini. And TBH, we're both really missing the supercharger whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine from the R53.

We dabbled with the idea of a cabrio, but they're all still a bit pricey and we couldn't find one that met our "spec" requirements.

So.

After a couple of months of searching, we drove this wee baby home today.

55 Plate 2005 Cooper S Auto in Chilli Red, Chilli Red roof, Chilli Pack, Full Leather, Spots, Chrono Pack, Heated Seats, Vis Pack, 6-disc Changer, 18" R95 JCW Alloys, Aero Kit.

The mod list has started already.... In no particular priority order:

JCW Air Filter - actually already fitted by dealer - done a deal.;)
Play Mini Exhaust.
Graphics of some sort - putting lots of thought into that one.
Centre arm rest - meeting resistance from Lenore on this one.
R105 18" JCW Alloys Burnished.

Would like to say a quick thank-you to Brent at Grassics in Perth for looking after us.:D

Pics on next post.

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 06:06 PM
http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/red_r53_02.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/red_r53_04.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/red_r53_05.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/red_r53_07.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/red_r53_08.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/red_r53_09.JPG

KenL
14th December 2007, 06:38 PM
Very nice, congrats.

What is wrong with those 18" JCW wheels? They look great.

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 06:47 PM
Very nice, congrats.

What is wrong with those 18" JCW wheels? They look great.

Nothing wrong with them Ken, just have a real hankering for the 105's.

A.;)

KenL
14th December 2007, 06:51 PM
Nothing wrong with them Ken, just have a real hankering for the 105's.

A.;)

Fair enough :)

vintageb3
14th December 2007, 07:31 PM
Nice motor Andy and Lenore!

Hope you enjoy the SC again!;)

mark

Bumble
14th December 2007, 07:41 PM
nice mota! bet you will have loads of fun with it!

L

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 07:56 PM
Nice motor Andy and Lenore!

Hope you enjoy the SC again!;)

mark

nice mota! bet you will have loads of fun with it!

L

Cheers guys! Loving it.;)

Craig
14th December 2007, 08:06 PM
Nice looking motor....:cool: :cool:

I've had my mid life crisis, it was a harley back in 2000.... :rolleyes: ;)

now get on with the mods now and dinnae worry what "er indoors" says, just get that centre arm rest bought... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 08:31 PM
Nice looking motor....:cool: :cool:

I've had my mid life crisis, it was a harley back in 2000.... :rolleyes: ;)

now get on with the mods now and dinnae worry what "er indoors" says, just get that centre arm rest bought... ;)

To be fair, it's probably at the end of the long list. Exhaust, wheels, graphics are all at the top of the list vying for priority.

sedgie
14th December 2007, 08:36 PM
I saw that mini a couple o weeks back when i had the clubman for a test drive!.
It is a great looking car, I'd leave it as it is...no graphics:D

LOLOL just add some front tints!!!!!! <sniggers>;) ;) ;) :D

Good buy, hope you both enjoy:cool:

euan
14th December 2007, 08:47 PM
Very nice!

There was an S parked out my office window today with those alloys on it, still like them loads.

Scottie
14th December 2007, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't mod well maybe get rid of the fog lights.:p

Make it a Classic.:p

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 08:52 PM
LOLOL just add some front tints!!!!!! <sniggers>;) ;) ;) :D

Good buy, hope you both enjoy:cool:

PMSL.:D :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't mod well maybe get rid of the fog lights.:p

Make it a Classic.:p

Fog lights are staying Fi, but I'm only gonna use them when it's guaranteed to make me look kewl, regardless of the weather conditions.;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 08:54 PM
I saw that mini a couple o weeks back when i had the clubman for a test drive!.
It is a great looking car, I'd leave it as it is...no graphics:D

It needs graphics to break the roof up Lesley. It's an awful lot of RED.

FergusM
14th December 2007, 08:55 PM
Lovely car...and love those alloys...

Scottie
14th December 2007, 08:56 PM
'm only gonna use them when it's guaranteed to make me look kewl,

H'mm might take a while then.:eek: :p ;) ;)

The motor looks cool though.:D

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 08:58 PM
H'mm might take a while then.:eek: :p ;) ;)

The motor looks cool though.:D

PMSL.:D :D True.:rolleyes:

Many thanks.:D

Have you not considered a cherished MINI. Going back to the golden years of R53 ownership?

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 09:00 PM
Lovely car...and love those alloys...

Cheers Fergus.

It seems Lenore and I are the only ones on the planet who don't love those alloys. They're OK. We just don't love them.

Although, I will say this...... As soon as we got home today, we washed both MINI's. The R95's were a helluva lot easier to clean than the multi spoke's on our R56.

vintageb3
14th December 2007, 09:05 PM
Fog lights are staying Fi, but I'm only gonna use them when it's guaranteed to make me look kewl, regardless of the weather conditions.;)

Doesn't everyone on here do that?.:confused: .:rolleyes:

mark

vintageb3
14th December 2007, 09:07 PM
Cheers Fergus.

It seems Lenore and I are the only ones on the planet who don't love those alloys. They're OK. We just don't love them.

Although, I will say this...... As soon as we got home today, we washed both MINI's. The R95's were a helluva lot easier to clean than the multi spoke's on our R56.

So keep them;) ...or get 105's and have the problem of trying to get them refurbished in a year or two's time.

95's are easy to refurb...

mark

You know its the truth:o :D

weefossy
14th December 2007, 09:15 PM
Nice motor Andy, needs a black roof??
Know a man that has a centre console for sale :D and ready to fit tomorrow:D

Scottie
14th December 2007, 09:17 PM
PMSL.:D :D True.:rolleyes:

Many thanks.:D

Have you not considered a cherished MINI. Going back to the golden years of R53 ownership?

Nope. The Mini is a great wee car I had the bug big style for a good long while. I guess my time was just up for owning a Mini can't really give you a reason as to why as I don't know myself, strange e'hh but there you go.:).

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 09:48 PM
Nice motor Andy, needs a black roof??
Know a man that has a centre console for sale :D and ready to fit tomorrow:D

:cool: :cool: :cool: :D Deal! Check your emails Malcolm.;)

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 09:49 PM
Nope. The Mini is a great wee car I had the bug big style for a good long while. I guess my time was just up for owning a Mini can't really give you a reason as to why as I don't know myself, strange e'hh but there you go.:).

Fair enough Fi.... onwards and upwards. You may find yourself coming back round again some day, you never know.

A.;)

N12 JLK
14th December 2007, 10:05 PM
Nice looking car , chilli red canny wack it, our last 2 were chilli red. Nice wheels ;)

Gismo
15th December 2007, 05:54 AM
Nice looking car, but it aint no classic :rolleyes:

vintageb3
15th December 2007, 09:54 AM

I agree BS...but....he was able to drive this one home:eek: :eek: :D

mark

ianking
15th December 2007, 11:05 AM
Very nice car indeed Mr & Mrs Poole.

I think chilli red is a fab colour. I have had 2 in that colour. If I were you I wouldnt rush to put graphics on it as it looks very nice as is. It looks classy and sharp if you understand. :D

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2007, 11:14 AM

It's a "modern" classic. And like Vintage say's... I've been able to drive this one home 5 days after we signed for it, and it hasn't cost me the GNP of Botswana to kit it out the way I want it.:D

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2007, 11:15 AM
Very nice car indeed Mr & Mrs Poole.

I think chilli red is a fab colour. I have had 2 in that colour. If I were you I wouldnt rush to put graphics on it as it looks very nice as is. It looks classy and sharp if you understand. :D

Seems to be a trend in that opinion re: the graphics. Still not sure. I still think the roof is too much unbroken red.

Cheers for the comments though.

A.;)

AeroJonny
15th December 2007, 12:39 PM
think about how easy it is to clean without graphics ;)

Gismo
15th December 2007, 12:59 PM
It needs graphics in my humble opinion :rolleyes:

duncan
15th December 2007, 01:10 PM
Yes, very nice. Love the Chilli Red, though, I'd drop the pierced nose, and put back the original.

I'd keep it simple, and graphic free.

And a big up to the fog'n'tint massive. ;)

AeroJonny
15th December 2007, 01:11 PM
In all honesty, I'd have the roof painted black...it'll tie in luvverly withe the wheelarches, black grille and those R105s.

Have you thought of the all black 105s andy?? imo, they'd look great over red calipers! :)

AeroJonny
15th December 2007, 01:11 PM
safe :D:D;)

Scottie
15th December 2007, 01:44 PM
I would get a black scoop and black mirror covers if it was me.

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2007, 02:30 PM
think about how easy it is to clean without graphics ;)

It needs graphics in my humble opinion :rolleyes:

Yes, very nice. Love the Chilli Red, though, I'd drop the pierced nose, and put back the original.

I'd keep it simple, and graphic free.

And a big up to the fog'n'tint massive. ;)

In all honesty, I'd have the roof painted black...it'll tie in luvverly withe the wheelarches, black grille and those R105s.

Have you thought of the all black 105s andy?? imo, they'd look great over red calipers! :)

I would get a black scoop and black mirror covers if it was me.

OOOOoooooohhhhh. So many choices. What to do????:confused: :confused:

Seriously though, many thanks for the input and the very kind comments. It's all gratefully received.:D

smiler
15th December 2007, 04:26 PM
Andy and Lenore

Really like the new car:D

Hope you enjoy it!:cool: My last 2 cars were Chili Red (albeit never a the Copper S).

L.

tonyjac
15th December 2007, 06:08 PM
all the best with your car andy and lenore .CHILLI RED R53 THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2007, 07:57 PM
all the best with your car andy and lenore .CHILLI RED R53 THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE:cool:

Cheers Tony.

A.;)

RyanK
15th December 2007, 08:23 PM
Absolutely love your new motor!

Congratulations...looks superb :)

KenL
15th December 2007, 08:32 PM

Or chilli red R56 ;)

Duncan Stewart
15th December 2007, 08:43 PM
Looking good, congrats Andy and Lenore :D You canny beat Chilli Red :cool:

FergusM
15th December 2007, 09:25 PM
If I ever get round to getting 18" wheels for my car...it would be R95's...just love how simple they are and how easy to clean they would be.

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2007, 12:14 AM
Well, thanks to Malcolm (Weefossy), we now have a front centre armrest and a JCW leather dash with red stitching.:D We shall get them both fitted ASAP.:D :D

Craig
16th December 2007, 12:36 AM
Well, thanks to Malcolm (Weefossy), we now have a front centre armrest and a JCW leather dash with red stitching.:D We shall get them both fitted ASAP.:D :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: with all the money you make, you stole that centre arm rest from me, despite knowing I was looking for one... :( :( :(

Scottie
16th December 2007, 12:45 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: with all the money you make, you stole that centre arm rest from me, despite knowing I was looking for one... :(

aye well you know who your mates are.;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2007, 01:50 AM
:eek: :eek: with all the money you make, you stole that centre arm rest from me, despite knowing I was looking for one... :( :(

Hey, ya snooze, ya looze.:o :p ;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2007, 01:53 AM

So we did and then look what he says....

:eek: :eek: with all the money you make, you stole that centre arm rest from me, despite knowing I was looking for one... :( :(

Been a lot of inconsistency on NMS lately.:p :o :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2007, 02:11 AM

As much as we'd have preferred a black roof, I'm getting used to seeing the red roof. So I think that is gonna stay - albeit with a graphic of some sort.

Not keen on the black 105's. Would rather keep the 95's than go to all black 105's. But burnished 105's....... with red calipers? MMMMmmmmmmmmmm.

Crombers
16th December 2007, 09:17 AM
Yup, like it chief ;)

JCW R56 Laser Blue Cooper S Auto for sale anyone ????? ;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2007, 10:05 AM
Yup, like it chief ;)

JCW R56 Laser Blue Cooper S Auto for sale anyone ????? ;)

Nope. Keeping both.;) :D ;) :D

gill
16th December 2007, 03:59 PM
Very nice guys .... Xmas come early?!?!? :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2007, 04:50 PM
Very nice guys .... Xmas come early?!?!? :D :D :D

Oh yes.:D :D :D :D

Santa was very nice to L and I this year.:D

bsimage
17th December 2007, 01:47 AM
Very Nice... :cool:

Thats the Spoiler i like. They Should supple that with r56 cooper s, instead of the cheap lookin $hit they supply.

zimbo
17th December 2007, 09:45 PM
Andy, Lenore the car looks very nice...

What is it with all these people these days with there new cars and vans etc etc :D:p (i'm just jealous...;))

AndyP & Lenore
17th December 2007, 10:57 PM
Cheers bsimage and Zimbo.....

Loving the car, although for two days now all it's done is sit there and look cold...... very, very cold indeed.:(

A.

ELFMAN
19th December 2007, 12:52 PM
Andy and Lenore - is it OK if I let the cat out of the bag now? Well I'm going to anyway!!!!! Andy and Lenore are getting an R53 S!!!! That's been hard to keep under wraps for the last few weeks I can tell you.......... Sorry Andy, I couldn't keep your secret any longer... OK OK, I missed the thread, but I DID know..... proves I CAN be trusted!!!!

Lovely motor - I'd keep it graphic-free, understated and classy and tune the nuts off it - it's a 'second car', so you're allowed!

illegalhunter
19th December 2007, 05:07 PM
Money well spent

AndyP & Lenore
19th December 2007, 08:45 PM
Cheers Elfman and Deerslayer.

Loving the car.:D It's just a shame the weather has been so awful since we picked it up.:rolleyes:

Euan, thank you for your confidence the past few weeks. And thank you for acting as a sounding board to knock idea's off.

oldgeezer
8th April 2008, 05:35 PM
Tell me how are you enjoying the AUTO...any regrets, her indoors wants the auto.

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2008, 05:42 PM
Tell me how are you enjoying the AUTO...any regrets, her indoors wants the auto.

Hi oldgeezer and welcome to the site.

Absolutely loving the auto. But, we're not new to them. Had a Cooper CVT (our first MINI), then an R53 Cooper S Auto, then an R56 Cooper S Auto (still got that one. Now also got the R53 Cooper S Auto.

Personally we love the auto boxes in the S. Not sure I'd have a Cooper CVT again, especially as there seems to be a reliability issue with them.

Her indoors would not be disappointed in a Cooper S auto (R53 or R56).

Why don't you head over to the Introduce Yourself forum and say HI! Tells a bit a bout yerself and what you're looking for or what you have (if you already have a MINI).

If you want any more info, more than happy to have a chat.

A.;)

eddie 44
10th April 2008, 07:58 PM
great looking car... i can even see my old focus ST in back ground :D

Gaz B
11th April 2008, 07:13 PM
Andy, I luuuurvve those wheels. Really wanted them before I bought my bullits but could'nt find any for sale.
Car looks ace the way it is.Not sure about graphics. How about a black and red chequered roof?

Nothing too drastic tho!

mrstirs
26th April 2008, 04:40 PM
I had a wee look at that car when I was buying mine in December - but was a bit over my budget...

Got myself a 55 plate Checkmate instead.

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2008, 12:54 AM
I had a wee look at that car when I was buying mine in December - but was a bit over my budget...

Got myself a 55 plate Checkmate instead.

Well, being rather greedy, I'm quite glad it was over your budget as we have ourselves a wee cracker.:cool:

Thanks for passing it by.:thumbs up:

But your checkmate looks nice though.:thumbs up:

mrstirs
27th April 2008, 01:26 AM
I look forward to seeing it again at a meet sometime soon! :-P