PDA

View Full Version : The Works Van

weefossy
13th December 2007, 02:20 PM
Mom's getting quite excited!!!.......which is reason enough to post up a new thread;) ;)

THE WORKS' VAN should be ready for collection tomorrow if the paint job dries on time:D :D Will try and post some pictures up if the weather is OK.

Re mods, we will want to add another 2 spots (weefossies tradition) but would like the extra 2 to have angel eyes. Anyone got a source to get some?

Scottie
13th December 2007, 02:22 PM
Have you tried Mike.??

Craig
13th December 2007, 07:08 PM
not found them yet myself Malcolm as I have been looking.. :(

Good news on the motor. Best of luck with it. :D :D

vintageb3
13th December 2007, 08:02 PM
Mom's getting quite excited!!!.......which is reason enough to post up a new thread;) ;)

THE WORKS' VAN should be ready for collection tomorrow if the paint job dries on time:D :D Will try and post some pictures up if the weather is OK.

Re mods, we will want to add another 2 spots (weefossies tradition) but would like the extra 2 to have angel eyes. Anyone got a source to get some?

Did you keep the vert though Malcolm?

mark

weefossy
13th December 2007, 08:10 PM
Mark, thought long and hard about it, but couldn't justify 3 cars at this point in time, so we are trading it in. I still have dream of building a "hill climb" mini but that will have to wait until kids are completely off my hands. Or out of my wallet, to put it another way.

Graig, it's all fingers crossed that we get a good one!

vintageb3
13th December 2007, 08:13 PM
Mark, thought long and hard about it, but couldn't justify 3 cars at this point in time, so we are trading it in.

OH NO!!!! Its gone!!!!..What have you done!!!!!:eek:

Hope your'e not sorry next summer (Its a Tuesday next year;) )

mark

zimbo
13th December 2007, 08:44 PM
Well I for one cant wait to see the pics of the new motor Malcolm :D:p what colour did you guys go for anyway?

ELFMAN
13th December 2007, 09:44 PM
Did you manage to get the BLUE FLASHING LIGHTS Malcolm????!!!!
Can't wait to see the motor - bet it'll be VAN-tastic! What do they do for the 'Works' Exhaust on the Clubbie?

weefossy
13th December 2007, 09:53 PM
Euan, you're ahead of the game:D BMW haven't "worked" out the exhaust yet either:confused: :confused: so that is to follow. Apparently they have made an "exhaustive" search of the market place and they haven't sourced a supplier yet.

Simple answer for me would be "Play Mini" please:) Will let you know.

ajamesj
13th December 2007, 10:13 PM
Cant wait to see the pics

ianking
13th December 2007, 11:01 PM
Good luck Fossies with your new car.

Im getting a new Cooper S Clubman tomorrow as well. Its only for 4 days though to see if I like it.

sh@z
13th December 2007, 11:17 PM
Good luck with the new car guys!!!

Hopefully you won't have the problems many have had with their R56's. Get pics of the Works Van up ASAP!

smiler
13th December 2007, 11:38 PM
That's good news, can't wait to see the pictures. You kept that quiet today!:cool:

Burple
14th December 2007, 10:48 AM
Good luck Mum 'n' dad! I know it'll be a cracker tho! Hope the reliability stands up..

Hurry up with the pics!!! :D:D:D

ELFMAN
14th December 2007, 05:07 PM
Right Ian, I'll expect a full road test report! I'm quite taken with the Clubman shape these days......... there's one tootling around Hamilton - and it does look FAB on the road (but only with 17's and upwards!).

By the way Malcolm, my wee scottish brain was ticking away... seeing as how the Clubbie's JCW upgrade is (for now) sans Exhaust, how much cheaper is it than the Saloon's which DOES come with new rortier gas pipes? Just a thought. Can't wait to see it on the 30th.....

vintageb3
14th December 2007, 05:10 PM
Thought i would come home to some pics:(

mark

vintageb3
14th December 2007, 05:14 PM
Euan, you're ahead of the game:D BMW haven't "worked" out the exhaust yet either:confused: :confused: so that is to follow. Apparently they have made an "exhaustive" search of the market place and they haven't sourced a supplier yet.

Simple answer for me would be "Play Mini" please:) Will let you know.

Did you see Craig's exhaust on his R56?...I think its worth looking at Stainless Creations.

I'm toying with the idea of getting them to alter my playmini so that i can remove the spacers i had to fit to clear the extra bracing on the vert.

Craig's exhaust was meaty looking and sounded "nice";)

mark

Craig
14th December 2007, 05:23 PM
Did you see Craig's exhaust on his R56?...I think its worth looking at Stainless Creations.

I'm toying with the idea of getting them to alter my playmini so that i can remove the spacers i had to fit to clear the extra bracing on the vert.

Craig's exhaust was meaty looking and sounded "nice";)

mark

and mine could be bought and modified by Stainless creations.... I'll do Mum and Dad a good deal...;)

weefossy
14th December 2007, 07:06 PM
Sorry guys that I've caused confusion by puting up rushed posts:o
The car is being picked up tomorrow.....Saturday and not today.
As we are going to the opera in Gala on Saturday night and I am off to Birmingham (working) on Sunday, it may be a few days before pictures are put up. I will do my best.

It appears it isn't an option to fit the Works kit without their exhaust; I believe it has to come as one package. I think it's the same cost as the saloon. Tell me if you think I'm wrong on this.

Appreciate all the good wishes, hopefully the "white van woman" will be happy with it when she sees it.

AndyP & Lenore
14th December 2007, 07:14 PM
That's a shame about the works kit Malcolm. You'd think it wasn't rocket science to simply re-route the exhaust path, re-homogenise the kit and stick it up for sale. All the parts (exhaust excepting) will be the same surely.:confused:

A.:D

weefossy
14th December 2007, 07:17 PM
Exactly, you and I would call it "planning".
Still it's something else to look forward to and it will give us a chance to compare what difference in performance we are getting for our money.

Scottie
14th December 2007, 10:29 PM
On the twelfth day of Christmas
my true love sent to me

12 diesel sounding noises
11 water rushing sounds
10 bangs on head tripping over seat belts in rear
9 crunches in 2nd gear
8 trips to the dealers.
7 fuel pumps replace
6 dealer mistakes
FIVE dash rattles
4 spot light failures
3 weird ECD faults
2 air vent problems
1 pissed off first model run owner
and a MINI Badge thrown through the TV.
:D :D :D :D

Only 12 faults can't be that bad.lol

Only kidding. Great Sounding car can't wait to see the pics

ELFMAN
15th December 2007, 12:47 AM
Malcolm, Re. Exhaust - What I meant was, if they DON'T have a JCW exhaust worked out yet for the Clubbie, surely they can't charge you the same price as the JCW kit for the hatchback - which DOES have an exhaust system included. That means the hatch kit gets a 'free' exhaust system - or am I missing something here? Like my brain....... It means you're getting the ECU upgrade etc etc but no exhaust and paying the same price? I'm confused.

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2007, 01:09 AM
Ewan, it looks like there is (effectively) no JCW kit for the Clubbie. It is sold as a package [Exhaust, Remap & Air Filter], and there is no JCW exhaust for the Clubbie yet, so no JCW kit.:(

It was sort of the same with the Auto transmission S. We had to wait for the kit to be homogenised for the Auto before they could sell it for the auto. Took an extra 2 months for us to get it. Looks like Malcolm may have to wait also, assuming MINI decide to do the JCW kit for the Clubbie at all. The last I heard (read) was that they were trying to decide if was even worth doing the kit for the clubbie at all.:confused:

A.:)

vintageb3
15th December 2007, 10:16 AM
We had to wait for the kit to be homogenised for the AutoA.:)

Gay kit for cars?:confused:whatever next!:rolleyes::D

mark

weefossy
15th December 2007, 04:50 PM
Some quick photos as rushing to Gala
Front
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Vansmall3.jpg
Back
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Vansmall2.jpg
Photoshop of proposed graphic
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Vansmall1.jpg

ianking
15th December 2007, 04:52 PM
Very nice.

Is that Lounge Leather seats I spy through the window?

MINI William
15th December 2007, 05:14 PM
very nice mum and dad:D

duncan
15th December 2007, 06:11 PM
A white van without The Sun on the dashboard? :eek:

Happy Motoring!

Craig
15th December 2007, 06:32 PM
VERY NICE :D :D :D

I see you got the colour coding done on the rear of the Van. Nice touch....:cool: :cool:

I do wish you the VERY BEST of luck with the car, hope they made you a good 'un.:)

See you on the 30th ?

Scottie
15th December 2007, 06:38 PM
VERY NICE :D :D :D

I see you got the colour coding done on the rear of the Van. Nice touch....:cool: :cool:

I do wish you the VERY BEST of luck with the car, hope they made you a good 'un.:)

See you on the 30th ?

X2 looking very swish.:cool: :cool: :D

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2007, 06:41 PM
Looking very nice Malcolm.

See you soon.

A.;)

Duncan Stewart
15th December 2007, 08:39 PM
Looking great :D I'm liking the clubman more every time I see one :cool:

smiler
15th December 2007, 08:52 PM
Malcolm

The new motor looks very nice.;)

Hope Siobhan enjoys driving it.:cool:

Lesley.

AndyP & Lenore
16th December 2007, 12:18 AM
Well, saw the car in the flesh tonight, looked fab.

Happy motoring.:D :D

Gismo
16th December 2007, 04:44 AM
Nice one Malcolm :cool: as Craig mentioned, the rear door pillars make a huge difference to the overall look.
I've still to see a Clubman in the flesh :eek:

Crombers
16th December 2007, 10:06 AM
All the very best with your Clubman :)

Have to say that I really liked your red un & hope it goes to a good home

ELFMAN
17th December 2007, 02:39 PM
Colour Coding 'Works' a treat! Did the Dealer do it? Looking great......
Next? Lowered slightly and a set of 18" Black JCW wheels....

Sorry about the mix-up with the JCW engine/Exhaust..... I thought it was coming with the upgrade on it from new. The 'Works Van' bit threw me. Doh!

N12 JLK
17th December 2007, 05:50 PM
Nice looking car Malcolm, like the Works badge:)

zimbo
17th December 2007, 09:31 PM
Mum '&' dad that is one VERY nice looking van :D

vintageb3
17th December 2007, 09:50 PM
Enjoy your new car folks!

Hope you have years of Happy and Safe Motoring!

mark

weefossy
18th December 2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments peps. Sioban is loving the car and so far no problems.

Will be putting our proper S sopkes on, but I'm thinking of geting them refurbed in glossy black, because I think it would look great. Mom wants to leave them silver as she is not sure about black. She has suggested trying the black look by getting the new wheels painted. Any comments?

The Dogfather
18th December 2007, 11:41 PM
I think black would look like steel wheels, perhaps a dark grey?

Craig
19th December 2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments peps. Sioban is loving the car and so far no problems.

Will be putting our proper S sopkes on, but I'm thinking of geting them refurbed in glossy black, because I think it would look great. Mom wants to leave them silver as she is not sure about black. She has suggested trying the black look by getting the new wheels painted. Any comments?

mmmmm not sure on this one Malcolm. Why not speak to Big Gordy as he has a set of "winter" black s spokes and may allow you to try them on the car before comitting to spending cash on getting yours done.. Will confirm whether it looks good or not so good. ;) :D

I would be interested to see how it looks and I have a big jack and some muscles to help out with the changeover if required. ;)

KenL
19th December 2007, 12:30 AM

Mom is correct ;) Leave the wheels as they are :cool:

What are "proper S sopkes"? :p

AeroJonny
19th December 2007, 12:32 AM
The ones on the R50/53!! The new incarnation of the s-spokes are the crown spoke wheels.

Thinking I may just have attempted selling ice to an eskimo. ;)

weefossy
19th December 2007, 02:59 PM
at least you didn't make a typo :D I hait sloppy speling, grammour amd tippos..... slap on the head for me then :eek:

Can anyone do a photoshop on black wheels?

FergusM
19th December 2007, 05:25 PM
and mine could be bought and modified by Stainless creations.... I'll do Mum and Dad a good deal...;)

Apart from fact exhausts come out at either side rather than in the centre ??? I thought it woudl be completely different..

vintageb3
19th December 2007, 08:23 PM
There's and S in my area that has had black lacquer (clearcoat with a black tint in) sprayed on top of his silver S Spokes.

I think it looks great.

mark

AeroJonny
20th December 2007, 07:31 AM
powdertec have a brilliant anthracite finish! It looks fantastic!

Big Gordy
20th December 2007, 09:29 AM
Malcolm your more than welcome to have a shot of my black wheels:cool: there not shinny black mind you:o There a kind of matt/satin finish:D here's a pic.....

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSCF1138.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/DSCF1140.jpg

euan
20th December 2007, 09:50 AM
I'm thinking that on the clubman and as winter rims, Big G's would look great. For me, I'd be going for anthracite though.

Big Gordy
20th December 2007, 01:14 PM
I wanted them done in anthracite originally but the guy who did them (for nothing I may add;) ) didn't have anthracite in all the samples he supplied me with:( so I plumped for something a bit different to the norm:D There not my winter wheels....I have a set of steelies for that. I put them on just to be different on some of the runs thats all:rolleyes: :p :D

weefossy
20th December 2007, 08:14 PM
Proper "S" spokes in black.......just look great to me. Also like the painted Pirelli on the tyres. :)

Big G, really appreciate your offer to try wheels but it's probably too impracticle to carry out. Think I will just need to go ahead and gets ours done same black as roof, with plenty of laquer coats. If it doesn't work I can always go back to silver.

Still thought a "photoshop expert" out there would have had a mock up done by now, to help me convince Sioban :D

illegalhunter
20th December 2007, 11:59 PM
When you gettin the car Malcom

Bazthemod
21st December 2007, 01:28 AM
http://file037b.bebo.com/1/large/2007/12/21/00/1799036806a6419562449l.jpg

Quick photoshop of how it might look! ;) i like it! :cool:

Gismo
21st December 2007, 03:31 AM
Now that's nice, a good compromise would be anthracite, have you considered powder coating?

The Dogfather
21st December 2007, 08:01 AM
Was looking at one of these today, and I have to say I've gone from on the fence to liking it a lot. With Jackie's employer pulling a fast one on the amount of money she gets per mile a Cooper D one might be on the cards

Craig
21st December 2007, 08:48 AM
http://file037b.bebo.com/1/large/2007/12/21/00/1799036806a6419562449l.jpg

Quick photoshop of how it might look! ;) i like it! :cool:

OH YES!!!!

that looks superb... Do it Malc, don't worry about Mum... ;) :D

euan
21st December 2007, 09:28 AM
Yup, that does look superb - do it!!!

weefossy
21st December 2007, 08:05 PM
Young Baz, your a star :D :D looks as good as I thought it might.

Even Mom smiled, so it looks like a goer. ;) ;)

I know I'm thick but what is the difference between having them powder coated in gloss black as per roof colour, or having them anthracite? We looked at the JCW R105s in matt black and I thought they looked a bit "steely".... and of course they weren't "S" spokes, which made it a non starter anyway for the Weefossies.