PDA

View Full Version : BMW Dealers

Scottie
11th December 2007, 07:31 PM
Is there a dealer in the whole wide world that actually knows what they are doing.

Honestly it's a joke.

Take today had my X'er booked in at the dealer to get some programmable options customised to my liking.

Simple things really.

Even wrote a list for them of what I would like.

Some 4 hours later and 2 train trips I collected my car.

Paid the bill £35 nothing said to me by service advisor, so I jumped into my car started it up and thought great looking forward to using my 3 x times flash tried and it wasn't working went back into the service department asked the guy what exactly have you programmed? he got the mechanic to come and speak with me, all he said was sorry, couldn't do this, couldn't that, to which I replied why and he replied oh I don't know I just could do it:confused:

Even on the list that they printed of from the car showing what all the options were sitting at before they began to re program clearly shows
1-touch funct.,turn sign.flash. 1xflashing and all I wanted was it changed to 3xflashing. Surely it can't be to difficult to change.:banghead: I could rant on even more about other things they didn't change.

Craig
11th December 2007, 08:14 PM
it's a sad day that you have to travel a great distance to get a dealer that can do the job for you...:( :(

it seems to be harder and harder to get someone to do the right job first time...:(

I'm still looking...:rolleyes:

Sweeney
11th December 2007, 08:21 PM
I was generally pleased in all my dealings, didn't take too kindly to the massive gaps in prices for things between the different groups mind you. Business is business, so they need to make profits one way or another, have every confidence in the new dealer network ive ventured into but time will tell :p

Although fiona, surely you were asked for a chassis number when booking it in, that would identify if they could do it or not

Scottie
11th December 2007, 08:29 PM
I was generally pleased in all my dealings, didn't take too kindly to the massive gaps in prices for things between the different groups mind you. Business is business, so they need to make profits one way or another, have every confidence in the new dealer network ive ventured into but time will tell :p

Although fiona, surely you were asked for a chassis number when booking it in, that would identify if they could do it or not

I would have thought so sweeney.

p.s. VW are ok as long as you don't have their premium brand Touareg or Phaeton you should be ok with a Golf.;)

Sweeney
11th December 2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah i grudge spending that sort of money lol

I know a good few people in the dealership so should see me alright.

Usually with bmw whatever your going in for or asking about they ask for a chassis number, maybe worth phoning another dealer and asking what options can be selected and see if they say antyhing can/cant be done

Scottie
11th December 2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah i grudge spending that sort of money lol

I know a good few people in the dealership so should see me alright.

Usually with bmw whatever your going in for or asking about they ask for a chassis number, maybe worth phoning another dealer and asking what options can be selected and see if they say antyhing can/cant be done

well I know from other X'er forums that this option is available for my year 2007 car.

I honestly think that it is a simple case of the guy not knowing how to do it. which is pretty sad when you think about.

Sweeney
11th December 2007, 08:37 PM
If its a new motor then id imagine itd be capable of everything, if thats the case then theres no excuse. They have shedloads of manuals/parts lists/guides on every single job for every model spanning years, or at least access if requested to such material... Have you paid for it?

Scottie
11th December 2007, 08:38 PM
I am going to send a email to customer services and ask if this can be done to my car. Then I shall ask them to advise the dealer on how to do it.

The Dogfather
11th December 2007, 11:49 PM
Like they'll know, you might get lucky and get the one who has the brain cell this week

Mini Me
12th December 2007, 12:40 PM
do any off them post on ere any more ?:(

Scottie
12th December 2007, 01:26 PM
don't think so. They only like the smooth and won't take the rough.:mad:

BigSwanMiniMan
12th December 2007, 01:31 PM
And why would we want to reply to your post when it has nothing do with us EH !!!

Gismo
12th December 2007, 01:35 PM
I've moved this thread to the OT&B because it's not directed at either of our sponsors

Scottie
12th December 2007, 01:35 PM
And why would we want to reply to your post when it has nothing do with us EH !!!

Wow how cheeky is that reply. and no smilie either.:(

Scottie
12th December 2007, 01:37 PM
Alan I thought I had posted this under the "Ask a dealer a question" part of the forum and not under any sponsor part. ;)

Gismo
12th December 2007, 01:39 PM
Alan I thought I had posted this under the "Ask a dealer a question" part of the forum and not under any sponsor part. ;)
Yep, you're right, but, the dealer section is aimed at our sponsor dealers only ;)

Scottie
12th December 2007, 01:39 PM
sorry meant Dealer Questions Forum.:o

Scottie
12th December 2007, 01:40 PM
Ok.:D :cool:

BigSwanMiniMan
12th December 2007, 01:40 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :d :d

Scottie
12th December 2007, 01:41 PM
:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d:d :d

H'mm is that D for Doh.;) :p

to slow you've edited the post buggers

BigSwanMiniMan
12th December 2007, 01:51 PM
Fi, i was just wondering, have you ever thought about applying for a BMW/MINI Franchise ?

Scottie
12th December 2007, 02:12 PM
Fi, i was just wondering, have you ever thought about applying for a BMW/MINI Franchise ?

How do you want a Job like.

Yikes No;) maybe Porsche or Aston:p :rolleyes: