PDA

View Full Version : Mini Thirty Valuation?

-Sy-
11th December 2007, 06:42 PM
Have spotted a mini that has stolen my heart!!. The sign says 'offers' but I dont know how much its worth. Its a G Reg Thirty with 74k on the clock, Mot'd and Tax'd. Tried Parkers but no joy as its too old for the price check.

Sy

Craig
11th December 2007, 08:08 PM
Sy,

all depends on the condition, especially if there is any rust on the panels.. That is where a lot of money can be eaten up.

If the car is in good overall condition, then I would think it is worth £1k to £2k. I don't like "Offers" as it normally means they want a fortune, but are too embarrassed to put the price they want..:rolleyes: :)

hope you get on OK...;)

-Sy-
11th December 2007, 08:10 PM
Sy,

all depends on the condition, especially if there is any rust on the panels.. That is where a lot of money can be eaten up.

If the car is in good overall condition, then I would think it is worth £1k to £2k. I don't like "Offers" as it normally means they want a fortune, but are too embarrassed to put the price they want..:rolleyes: :)

hope you get on OK...;)

The Pannels seam fine at a glance. Ill have a wee think and maybe come up with a cheeky wee offer.

Thanks

Sy

ianking
11th December 2007, 10:49 PM
Maroon 30's are more desirable than black 30's so take that into account but like Craig said go round the car with a fine tooth comb. Go underneath and check sub frames and floor pans and sills and A panels and front panel and wings and the rear wheel arches and in the boot floor right at the back of the car.

Poor 30's have been on ebay recently for about £800 but they need about £1500 anyway to get them decent. I watched a couple really nice maroon 30's last year and they made £3k.

Burple
11th December 2007, 10:50 PM
If you can have a good nosey round it, check the rear subframe, and get inside the rear parcel bins and check em out too - and in the boot, the metal under the boot lid especially.. if you don't know what to look for.. if you do.. ignore me! :D:D

Bazthemod
12th December 2007, 01:34 AM
.. ignore me! :D:D

Heh heh heh heh ;):p

bazzaric
12th December 2008, 01:00 PM
Have spotted a mini that has stolen my heart!!. The sign says 'offers' but I dont know how much its worth. Its a G Reg Thirty with 74k on the clock, Mot'd and Tax'd. Tried Parkers but no joy as its too old for the price check.

Sy

So was it a Black or Maroon?
Would love to see some pictures of a Black one, as this is what I used to have :sad:

bazzaric
12th December 2008, 01:00 PM
So was it a Black or Maroon?
Would love to see some pictures of a Black one, as this is what I used to have :sad:

Just noticed this post is a year old, obviously not much classic owners here!

Gismo
12th December 2008, 01:47 PM
Just noticed this post is a year old, obviously not much classic owners here!Only me and Duncan Stewart now i think :yes nod:

Mo
12th December 2008, 01:54 PM
Volvic & me too.;):thumbs up:

Gismo
12th December 2008, 01:56 PM
Volvic & me too.;):thumbs up:Oops :blush:

Crombers
13th December 2008, 07:49 AM
I watched a couple really nice maroon 30's last year and they made £3k.

Flippin heck !!! is that more than they were worth new ?

bpirie1000
13th December 2008, 04:30 PM
I havea copule classics.

davesminis
21st December 2008, 11:34 AM
I have a couple of classics too.

D

Resto-Weld
4th March 2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry guys but, the Black ones are more desirable. There were 3000 Mini Thirty models made. 2000 were red (cherry pearl iirc) 1000 were black. There were 100 of each colour made as auto's.

Lovely model.

As said though, with any classic car bodywork is everything...unless it's rare and has parts missing.