PDA

View Full Version : Mothership 4 - Friday 11th April 2008

Pages : [1] 2

Craig
10th December 2007, 07:37 PM
MINI Tour info HERE (http://www.mini.co.uk/html/about_us/mini_education/mini_tours.html)

Right Folks, after some emails with the lovely Urlike at Oxford, we have secured a date of Friday 11th April 2008. :D I have attached her email below. :cool: :cool:

More details nearer the time, however basic details are.

Leaving Bothwell Services @ 07:30hrs

Pit Stop @ Southwaite Services @ 09:00hrs

Lunch at Huntleys of Salmesbury @ 11:00hrs

Pit Stop at Norton Canes Services (M6 Toll) @ 13:30hrs * Remember £4.50 for the toll*

Arrive Oxford @ 15:30hrs approx.

Hotel Details Here - http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23918

Unless I have serious objections, we will stay at the same place as we have for the last 3 years as we were made very welcome and we even managed to have a table football comp in the bar last year. :cool: The hotel is the Premier Travel Inn at Oxford Business Park at the Cowley Junction.

Please reply if interested. Let's try for more than last year... :D

Any Questions, just let me know.

**UPDATE** 17/03/2008

Tour Time - 18.45HRS

LEAVE FROM PREMIER INN CAR PARK @ 18:15HRS

Price for tour confirmed as £5 per person - this is payable on the day to myself and I will pay the bill in one when we get to the factory.

Ulrike Sauter, who organises the tours for us, has requested that any Scottish Man out there that own a kilt, PLEEEEEASE bring it with you and wear it for the tour. :-)

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=483415&da=y)

For those with 2 way radios (PMR 446 kind) we will be using channel 4/17 for the run. It's good fun for a bit of banter and also helps to keep us all together and we all know what is going on.. :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Names:

1 - Craig & Jude (Hotel Booked)
2 - PASL & Girlfriend (Hotel Booked)
3 - AndyP & Lenore (Hotel Booked)
4 - Mini William & Dad & Mum (Hotel Booked)
5 - Tony J (Plus T-Shirt) :D (Hotel Booked)
6 - Harry and Jean Walton (Other Hotel Booked)
7 - The Penguin Pusher + Dad (Hotel Booked)
8 - Rob & Christine (Hotel Booked) Joining us around M6 Toll..
9 - Bumble + 1 (Hotel Booked)
10 - Neil & Lorna (Hotel Booked)
11 - CCM (Hotel Booked)
12 - Elfman (Hotel Booked)
13 - Mum & Dad (Hotel Booked)
14 - Duncan & Helen (Hotel Booked)
15 - Davidson & Clare (Hotel Booked)
16 - Dundonian & MINI Rocker (Hotel Booked)
17 - Sheilz & Nik (Hotel Booked)
18 - Zimbo & Burple (Hotel Booked)
Total = 34

Maybe's:-

1. V11kae + 1
2. HyperFlick + 1

AndyP & Lenore
10th December 2007, 07:43 PM
[Churchill_dog.wma]Ohhhhhh yes, yes, yes, yes.[/churchill_dog.wma]

Us please!

duncan
10th December 2007, 07:50 PM
Weekend off, Yes please!

zimbo
10th December 2007, 08:15 PM
Craig can you put me down as a maybe for now please. :D

MINI William
10th December 2007, 09:10 PM
craig me and my dad will go:D

ajamesj
10th December 2007, 10:03 PM
Yes me me me me pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeee

Andy & Lianne

tonyjac
10th December 2007, 10:38 PM
hi craig put me down for a definite on this one oh and i'll take a t shirt aswell:eek: :cool: :D

Craig
10th December 2007, 10:52 PM
That's you all added folks, thanks for the support.:D :D

Tony - T-shirts will be on the cards, however I need to speak to Calum as he was looking at a "Corporate" look for T-shirts/Sweatshirts/Caps etc some time ago, not sure where he got with them yet, so I'll get back to you all once I know more.. :)

AeroJonny
11th December 2007, 12:26 AM
Put me down for this!!!! There's a possibility I may not be able to come, but I won't know until nearer the time.

Track Ali
11th December 2007, 03:02 AM
any idea of rough costs for the trip, im interested but need to work out finances first ha ha

Craig
11th December 2007, 08:29 AM
any idea of rough costs for the trip, im interested but need to work out finances first ha ha

Petrol - £100
Room - £60 (share the room with someone else and it's only £30 a head)
Food & Drink - £50 to £100 for the 2 days depending on how much you eat and drink!
Tour - £5.

It's not a cheap trip, however it is and awesome road trip with a load of other MINI's and great people. :D These are all rough costs, plus the petrol will be shared if you are taking someone with you..

V11kae
11th December 2007, 11:41 AM
ok this all sounds very wexciting what what exactly happens? :confused:

Crombers
11th December 2007, 02:03 PM

You are in one big M74/M6 convoy all the way to Oxford, it's brilliant :D

You get to Huntley's for breakfast which is FAB (farmhouse just off M6 near Preston)

You get a tour of the BMW MINI factory (The Mothership)

An evening nattering away to us nutters over a few beers :)

& basically the same scenario for the return trip.

This is THE NMS MINI run & can only be closely matched (although it is a completely different style of drive) by John's Cullen Run which in the past has been run on MINI2

Crombers
11th December 2007, 02:13 PM
Yup me & Karen please. Will be planning on doing the usual 'family' visit at the same time.

Might even consider hiring an 'S' diesel for this one ;) .
Anybody know who's got them for rental & at what kind of cost?

Track Ali
11th December 2007, 05:20 PM
ok sounds good then, im in for it, might have two minis if things work out (friends brothers one)

Craig
11th December 2007, 06:13 PM
Yup me & Karen please. Will be planning on doing the usual 'family' visit at the same time.

Might even consider hiring an 'S' diesel for this one ;) .
Anybody know who's got them for rental & at what kind of cost?

Nae worries mate, thought you would do the "family" thing when you are down south with Mrs Crombie...;)

as for car hire, Gogetacarrental do Cooper S for rent http://www.gogetarentalcar.co.uk/ they also rent from Glasgow :cool: :cool:

Craig
11th December 2007, 06:14 PM

get your name down Vikki, it's an absolute blast. :cool: :cool:

the sight of about 25 MINIs on the empty M6 toll road is SUPERB...:D

Craig
11th December 2007, 06:15 PM
ok sounds good then, im in for it, might have two minis if things work out (friends brothers one)

that's you added, let me know if there is going to be another as there may be a cap on numbers, but just taking numbers at the moment.. :D

stoney
11th December 2007, 06:16 PM
me and christine please we will be meeting you on your way down tho

Craig
11th December 2007, 06:17 PM
me and christine please we will be meeting you on your way down tho

No probs Rob. :D

markyc
11th December 2007, 08:40 PM
Hello from the very sunny and warm Canaries :D :D :cool: Can you stick + 1 down for me as well big fella ;)

Cannae wait :)

Bumble
11th December 2007, 08:46 PM
Me +1 (minijac) .... :)

Craig
11th December 2007, 09:33 PM
thats you all added. Filling up quick as usual. :D

Neil and Lorna
11th December 2007, 11:44 PM
Us please cheers.:D

Neil and Lorna.:D :D

Gismo
12th December 2007, 04:54 AM
Ah well, all good things come to an end, i'll be away working :( anyone who has never been, get your name down, it's a great weekend :)

Craig
12th December 2007, 06:35 PM
Ah well, all good things come to an end, i'll be away working :( anyone who has never been, get your name down, it's a great weekend :)

sorry to hear that Alan, nevermind someone else might win the "staying up late" prize... ;)

Colin
12th December 2007, 09:23 PM
Me please Craig, was a good laugh last year. :D

ELFMAN
13th December 2007, 09:58 PM
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me, Me!

weefossy
14th December 2007, 07:14 PM
Wouldn't miss it :D Mom & Me please. White vans are always the fastest vehicles on motorways :p

Duncan Stewart
14th December 2007, 10:29 PM
Add Helen and I please :D

Craig
15th December 2007, 12:17 AM
updates made - good to have our first Clubman on the run to it's birth place. :D

Spoke with Ulrike on the phone, there is a good chance we will get to see the paintshop when we are down, but no guarantees at the moment. ;) :D

vintageb3
15th December 2007, 09:58 AM
Spoke with Ulrike on the phone, there is a good chance we will get to see the paintshop

So...you are going to watch paint dry?...hmmm:rolleyes: :D

mark

Craig
15th December 2007, 10:49 AM
So...you are going to watch paint dry?...hmmm:rolleyes: :D

mark

god you really are in an argumentative mood these days.... are you best mates with JCWMini?;)

seriously, I think it will be interesting to see the paint process, if we can get in to see it...:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2007, 11:25 AM
god you really are in an argumentative mood these days.... are you best mates with JCWMini?;)

seriously, I think it will be interesting to see the paint process, if we can get in to see it...:cool:

I've never seen anyone suckered in to a wind-up quite so quick since the last time I was suckered in to a wind-up.:D :D :D :D

A.;)

Crombers
16th December 2007, 09:40 AM
I've never seen anyone suckered in to a wind-up quite so quick since the last time I was suckered in to a wind-up.:D :D :D :D

A.;)

You, wind up, I've never noticed :rolleyes:

V11kae
17th December 2007, 12:10 AM
og go on, add me please +1 if there's still room! :D

Craig
17th December 2007, 12:49 AM
og go on, add me please +1 if there's still room! :D

that's you added.:D

Craig
17th December 2007, 12:51 AM
for those of you that have been before, you will remember that there is normally a limit of 30 people per tour.

after consultation with Oxford, they have agreed to try and accomodate whatever numbers we have all at the same time. :D :D

so at the moment, there is no reserve list, just get your name down and we will see what happens. Ulrike will not let us down. :cool:

RyanK
17th December 2007, 02:02 PM
Alrite Craig,

Can you put my name down as a maybe please + 1 passenger :)

Cheers

AeroJonny
17th December 2007, 08:13 PM
I meant to ask for a +1...don't fancy the long drive on my lonesome :(

Craig
17th December 2007, 11:55 PM

No Problem Jonny - Sorted. ;)

AeroJonny
20th December 2007, 07:06 AM
ta muchly senor Davies!

Crombers
23rd December 2007, 10:50 AM

Acht I've done it twice on my own :o :rolleyes: , it's a breeze man. You'll have the sight of 25ish MINI's to keep you comany, not to mention a smile on yer face the whole way there & back :D .

N12 JLK
2nd January 2008, 03:48 PM
Shall have to miss this out this year as we have to many things to do this year on the house, money will have to be put to a new drive and garden, not to worry we have been twice.
Hope you all enjoy.

Craig
2nd January 2008, 03:58 PM
no probs Jason/Lesley. I know how a house can suck you dry. ;)

can't wait to see the driveway done and your car's wee house having a proper ramp.. :)

Scottie
2nd January 2008, 05:34 PM
Craig: Can I go on a reserve list please. as a non Mini owner I would only take a space up if it was free.;)

Craig
2nd January 2008, 06:17 PM
Craig: Can I go on a reserve list please. as a non Mini owner I would only take a space up if it was free.;)

Ok Fiona, no problem, however Ulrike has said that she will accomodate us whatever the number. ;)

Craig
5th January 2008, 06:27 PM
I have updated the first page with a link to the hotel that we will be staying at. I have today booked my hotel room and I would suggest you all do the same.:D

Don't worry about having to pull out and being charged for the room as you can cancel the room without being charged for it up to 1pm on the day your are supposed to arrive, so you have nothing to lose.. ;)

Just under 14 weeks to go... :cool: :cool: :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2008, 06:44 PM
Right chief! That's both rooms booked and breakfast ordered for the four Popcorn providers.:D :D

14 weeks will go by in a flash!:D :D

A.;) :D ;) :D

Craig
5th January 2008, 07:42 PM
Well Done.. ;)

duncan
5th January 2008, 08:31 PM
Hotel Booked :)

Craig
5th January 2008, 08:52 PM
Hotel Booked :)

First page updated.:cool:

Duncan Stewart
5th January 2008, 10:47 PM
Hotel booked and looking forward to it :D :cool:

Craig
6th January 2008, 12:15 PM
Hotel booked and looking forward to it :D :cool:

Smashin. ;)

Bumble
6th January 2008, 01:02 PM
That's me booked too ...

Craig
6th January 2008, 03:26 PM
That's me booked too ...

Well Done..

remember folks, once all the rooms are gone, the nearest cheapish hotel is Express by Holiday Inn, next to Oxford United Stadium.. ;) :D

stoney
6th January 2008, 04:13 PM
room booked

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2008, 04:58 PM
room booked

Lets hope this time you get the chance to use it.:D ;)

A.:D

stoney
6th January 2008, 05:36 PM
Lets hope this time you get the chance to use it.:D ;)

will do this time no dout as my old man will be in the contry this time :D

stoney
6th January 2008, 05:38 PM
Right Folks, after some emails with the lovely Urlike at Oxford, we have secured a date of Friday 11th April 2008. :D I have attached her email below. :cool: :cool:

More details nearer the time, however basic details are.

Leaving Bothwell Services @ 07:30hrs

Pit Stop @ Southwaite Services @ 09:30hrs

Lunch at Huntleys of Salmesbury @ 11:30hrs

Pit Stop at Norton Canes Services (M6 Toll) @ 13:30hrs

Arrive Oxford @ 15:30hrs approx.

me and christine will be joing on here or neer 2 :D as we will be down that way any way :D

Craig
6th January 2008, 06:02 PM
me and christine will be joing on here or neer 2 :D as we will be down that way any way :D

Noted Rob.

Updates made to first post. :cool:

Duncan Stewart
7th January 2008, 09:50 PM
Me & Helen will be on holiday that week so we will join the run at Huntleys of Salmesbury for Lunch if thats OK :D
Maybe be able to stay awake long enough to come to the pub after the tour this time :rolleyes: ;)

Craig
7th January 2008, 10:35 PM
Me & Helen will be on holiday that week so we will join the run at Huntleys of Salmesbury for Lunch if thats OK :D
Maybe be able to stay awake long enough to come to the pub after the tour this time :rolleyes: ;)

No probs Duncan. ;) It will be your round this time then.. :eek: :p

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 09:36 PM
That's my room booked. All I have to do now is book the Shell V-Power Tanker to follow us down the road and I can relax!

Craig
9th January 2008, 09:47 PM
That's my room booked. All I have to do now is book the Shell V-Power Tanker to follow us down the road and I can relax!

Good Man - will see if I can sort that tanker out for you.. :)

ELFMAN
9th January 2008, 10:16 PM
If you could, Craig, and couple of Clubmans full of Cheerleaders while you're at it..... well not 'at it' as such....... I mean on the job - NO!... er..... sorting out the logistics. Do you get a discount if you get them in bulk? Just the one Cheerleader then.... or a photo of one. Thanks.

Craig
9th January 2008, 11:04 PM
If you could, Craig, and couple of Clubmans full of Cheerleaders while you're at it..... well not 'at it' as such....... I mean on the job - NO!... er..... sorting out the logistics. Do you get a discount if you get them in bulk? Just the one Cheerleader then.... or a photo of one. Thanks.

http://bjornlee.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/cheerleader.jpg

that do? :D

AndyP & Lenore
10th January 2008, 12:56 AM

My, those are tight pants. So very very very tight.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :o

AeroJonny
10th January 2008, 01:45 AM
I got distracted before I got to that point... :p

zimbo
10th January 2008, 07:56 PM
Ooowwwwwww yes!!! :eek:

'How yooo doin...' :p:D

That picture just brightened up my day.

Track Ali
11th January 2008, 03:38 AM
ok so we all need to book seperate rooms and stuff??? sorry ive been out the loop

stoney
11th January 2008, 09:22 AM
ok so we all need to book seperate rooms and stuff??? sorry ive been out the loop

yep just follow the link on the fist page and you will get the number for the hotel :D

Craig
11th January 2008, 06:47 PM
yep just follow the link on the fist page and you will get the number for the hotel :D

Cheers Rob,

yeah, everyone needs to call themselves (they take card details normally) or just book on-line. ;)

ELFMAN
12th January 2008, 12:14 AM
http://bjornlee.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/cheerleader.jpg

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!! Ta Craig.
Can't work out if it's a real soft-top or not though........

To be honest, I'm really more of a Bjork man..... but then I AM very strange,

dundonian
14th January 2008, 01:04 AM
Can u please add me and MINI rocker as provisionals for now please. She's just started a new job and needs to find out holiday arrangements. Thanks

Craig
14th January 2008, 08:05 AM
Can u please add me and MINI rocker as provisionals for now please. She's just started a new job and needs to find out holiday arrangements. Thanks

thats you added. Just let me know when you are a definate.

ta. :)

weefossy
18th January 2008, 05:28 PM
Now that's the kind of NMS callander we need ;) :D

Craig
18th January 2008, 06:01 PM
Just a wee reminder in case anyone missed it, to book your hotel room asap as we would like everyone to be in the same place. ;)

details on first post of hotel. :cool:

Sheilz
26th January 2008, 08:34 PM
I'd to pull out last year as it clashed with a surprise holiday to Dubai. Can myself and Nik be put onto the reserve list. Must've been MS2 we were on. It was pretty awesome.
If a space becomes available I'll have my wheels checked before we leave Abz:eek::D:D

Craig
26th January 2008, 08:48 PM
I'd to pull out last year as it clashed with a surprise holiday to Dubai. Can myself and Nik be put onto the reserve list. Must've been MS2 we were on. It was pretty awesome.
If a space becomes available I'll have my wheels checked before we leave Abz:eek::D:D

there is no reserve list at present Sheilz, we have been told we can take however many we want and they will accomodate us, so you are on THE list. :D

Fiona asked to be a reserve as she isn't sure if she can make it yet... ;)

Craig
26th January 2008, 09:14 PM
Info re the tour and some MINI history stuff HERE (http://www.mini.co.uk/html/about_us/mini_education/mini_tours.html)

and HERE (http://www.bmwgroup-plant-oxford.com/e/index.html)

Craig
27th January 2008, 01:03 PM
could some kind mod please move sheilz post into the t-shirt thread?

Gismo
27th January 2008, 01:33 PM
could some kind mod please move sheilz post into the t-shirt thread?

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2008, 02:44 PM
Just for you and Since Andy is sleeping

Andy's not sleeping, Andy is working.;)

Craig
27th January 2008, 05:01 PM
Just for you and Since Andy is sleeping

thanks..... :D

MINI William
27th January 2008, 05:28 PM
craig my mum is now coming but still all going in the D:D

Craig
27th January 2008, 06:09 PM
craig my mum is now coming but still all going in the D:D

Ok William, no worries. :D

Colin
27th January 2008, 09:37 PM
Room booked :D

Craig
27th January 2008, 10:47 PM
Room booked :D

Well Done Colin. :)

MINI William
30th January 2008, 08:44 PM
change of plan AGAIN i will be driving done to yorkshire on the thurs to meet mum and dad and will then meet us at some point on the way down.thats the plan for now anyway :D

Craig
30th January 2008, 09:36 PM
change of plan AGAIN i will be driving done to yorkshire on the thurs to meet mum and dad and will then meet us at some point on the way down.thats the plan for now anyway :D

are you sure it's not too far ? ;) :D

Ok, let me know once you have made your final final FINAL decision. :)

MINI William
31st January 2008, 09:05 AM
its only this far on the map .............. :D

dundonian
31st January 2008, 01:26 PM
Room booked :)

Craig
31st January 2008, 04:44 PM
Room booked :)

Well Done - thanks for letting me know.. :D

PASL
10th February 2008, 04:45 AM
Is there any places left for this trip, Girlfriend has just placed a ordered for a mini one and would love to see her car before the delivery date.

Paul...

Craig
10th February 2008, 03:07 PM
Is there any places left for this trip, Girlfriend has just placed a ordered a mini one and would love to see her car before the delivery date.

Paul...

Of course you can mate - no problems

I'll add the pair of you..:cool:

Davidson2
10th February 2008, 08:40 PM
Hi; Been a long time since I have been on this site... Is there room for another one on this Run? It would be Claire & Me....?

weefossy
10th February 2008, 09:11 PM
Craig that's our hotel room booked.

D2 good to see you back online at NMS. You'll enjoy the OXford trip, it's a great crack.

Craig
10th February 2008, 10:05 PM
Hi; Been a long time since I have been on this site... Is there room for another one on this Run? It would be Claire & Me....?

No problem Davidson, thats you and Claire added. :D

Glad to have you back :)

Craig
10th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Craig that's our hotel room booked.

D2 good to see you back online at NMS. You'll enjoy the OXford trip, it's a great crack.

Thanks for letting me know Malcolm. :D

Sheilz
10th February 2008, 11:20 PM
Me and Nik are booked too:D:D:D

Craig
11th February 2008, 09:03 PM
Me and Nik are booked too:D:D:D

Thanks Sheilz. ;)

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVEN'T BOOKED YOUR ROOM YET, I WOULD DO IT ASAP AS WE ARE UNDER 8 WEEKS TO GO. :)

wee dove
11th February 2008, 09:28 PM
he im a bit of a new cumer but would ther be anychance of me gettingmy name added to this run.if so ther will be me and my mate in the car and we will take 2 large t-shirts. thanks

Craig
11th February 2008, 09:32 PM
he im a bit of a new cumer but would ther be anychance of me gettingmy name added to this run.if so ther will be me and my mate in the car and we will take 2 large t-shirts. thanks

No worries wee dove, I have added you. Will add your t-shirt order too. :D

Mind and book your hotel and let me know. cheers ;)

wee dove
11th February 2008, 09:57 PM
i will book my hotel tomorrow.how do i pay for the t-shirts.i noticed earlier that crombers was talking about hiring an s.they are £65per day from bmw dealerships.i will b hiring a s aswell if my car is'nt back from the bodyshop. http://www.minirental.net/html/fleet.php thats a quick link to give you a rough idea.

Craig
11th February 2008, 10:02 PM
i will book my hotel tomorrow.how do i pay for the t-shirts.i noticed earlier that crombers was talking about hiring an s.they are £65per day from bmw dealerships.i will b hiring a s aswell if my car is'nt back from the bodyshop. http://www.minirental.net/html/fleet.php thats a quick link to give you a rough idea.

I'll send you my details nearer the time re paying for t-shirts (normally just send me a cheque, or if your going to either the Go-Karting or the Chippy Run, I can get it there. ;)

RyanK
12th February 2008, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately I cannot get off from work for this :(

Hope you have a good time!

Craig
12th February 2008, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately I cannot get off from work for this :(

Hope you have a good time!

that's a shame Ryan :( - thanks for letting me know. :)

we will let you know how good it is tho...;)

Craig
12th February 2008, 07:49 PM
Fiona, do you know if you are going yet ? :D

Harry Walton
15th February 2008, 02:17 PM
Could you please let us know what time the tour of the Mini Factory will begin? Also how long will you be staying in Oxford, is it for one or two nights?

Could you please put our names down provisionally as we might be staying a few more days,

Many thanks.

Harry and Jean Walton.

Craig
15th February 2008, 07:11 PM
Could you please let us know what time the tour of the Mini Factory will begin? Also how long will you be staying in Oxford, is it for one or two nights?

Could you please put our names down provisionally as we might be staying a few more days,

Many thanks.

Harry and Jean Walton.

Hi Harry and Jean,

nice to have you along as new members, you may want to go along to the Introduce Yourself forum and tell us a bit about yourselves and your MINI. ;)

The tour will be about 6ish (this has still to be confirmed with Plant Oxford), how long you stay in Oxford is completely up to yourself.

The run is down to Oxford, the tour and the fun in the pub after the tour. After staying overnight, most people do their own thing. Some people come back up the road in convoy, some stay a couple of nights, some go on holiday etc etc. It's all up to you as there are no firm plans. ;)

hope this helps, will put you down as maybe for now. :cool:

hyperflick
15th February 2008, 10:29 PM
Hi its me again. Longtime no see! Is there room for another Mini withtwo...? Pretty Please???

Craig
15th February 2008, 10:32 PM
blooming eck, :eek: here's another person I thought had fallen off the planet! ;) :p

No prob Flick, I'll add you plus one to the list. :D

hyperflick
15th February 2008, 10:35 PM
Tee Hee.... No I'm still here just busy with life tho. How is everybody?

Needing a good mini run with my Rascal as she hasn't been on 1 since last year. what do you think the chances are of getting on the run?

Craig
15th February 2008, 10:38 PM
Tee Hee.... No I'm still here just busy with life tho. How is everybody?

Needing a good mini run with my Rascal as she hasn't been on 1 since last year. what do you think the chances are of getting on the run?

chances are 100%, you already are..! :rolleyes: :D

hyperflick
15th February 2008, 10:45 PM
Excellant your a star.... Mwoah x

Can you get D2 and claire on list too as think they've been missed somehow.... Oops!

Craig
15th February 2008, 10:53 PM
Excellant your a star.... Mwoah x

Can you get D2 and claire on list too as think they've been missed somehow.... Oops!

Doh, found I had Duncan & Helen on the list twice, so looks like that is where they should have been. ;)

sorted now. :cool:

hyperflick
15th February 2008, 10:57 PM
Excellant, just saw the update.... this is gonna be so good. Will get hotel room booked asap.

Thanks guys x

Craig
15th February 2008, 11:00 PM
Excellant, just saw the update.... this is gonna be so good. Will get hotel room booked asap.

Thanks guys x

Good Stuff, just let me know when it's booked and I'll update the list (hopefully correctly :o )

Crombers
18th February 2008, 01:41 PM
Howdo chief,
Can drop us two back to maybe's as I'll not know until nearer the time as to whether my new employer will be able to allocate the time off work. Will give you a call this week.

Craig
18th February 2008, 06:49 PM
Howdo chief,
Can drop us two back to maybe's as I'll not know until nearer the time as to whether my new employer will be able to allocate the time off work. Will give you a call this week.

Maybe's :eek: :eek:

yeah, no probs mate, understand, ;)

give me a ring anytime. :D

Davidson2
19th February 2008, 12:18 AM
Hotel Booked! Oh its good to be back!

Craig
19th February 2008, 05:24 PM
Hotel Booked! Oh its good to be back!

Thanks for letting me know.. ;)

Harry Walton
25th February 2008, 03:38 PM
We will meet at Bothwell Services at 7.30.a.m on Friday 11 April. Look out for our red and black mini cooper with two enthusiastic mature mini drivers. We will be travelling from Elgin to Bothwell, arriving around 7.a.m. breakfast and then we will be ready for off.

We have decided to stay over in Oxford for the weekend, and made alternative arrangements to the Premier Hotel.

Now confirmed booking.

See you in April.

Harry and Jean.

Craig
25th February 2008, 07:15 PM
We will meet at Bothwell Services at 7.30.a.m on Friday 11 April. Look out for our red and black mini cooper with two enthusiastic mature mini drivers. We will be travelling from Elgin to Bothwell, arriving around 7.a.m. breakfast and then we will be ready for off.

We have decided to stay over in Oxford for the weekend, and made alternative arrangements to the Premier Hotel.

Now confirmed booking.

See you in April.

Harry and Jean.

Hi Harry & Jean, that is great news. See you then. :)

Craig
2nd March 2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks Duncan for letting me know that you won't be able to make it... Enjoy your trip to the US. :cool:

Just a wee reminder to those on the list that haven't booked the hotel, there are only 6 weeks left, so I suggest to get it booked. If you have already booked and not let me know, please reply to this thread.

Also, if your name is on the list for going and you are unable to go, please let me know as I am still under negotiation with Plant Oxford as they normally only allow 30 people on each tour, but we are special and they will accomodate us. :D

AeroJonny
6th March 2008, 03:37 PM
Well my worst fears have been confirmed and I can't come down to Oxford :(:( My cousin's wedding's on the Saturday morning, so it's a no-go for me :(

That's the hat trick of having to drop out of this...not a happy bunny.

I hope you guys have a fantastic time. :)

Craig
6th March 2008, 05:09 PM
Well my worst fears have been confirmed and I can't come down to Oxford :(:( My cousin's wedding's on the Saturday morning, so it's a no-go for me :(

That's the hat trick of having to drop out of this...not a happy bunny.

I hope you guys have a fantastic time. :)

Bummer Dude... :o :(

Well, I have been told by Mrs D that there will be no tour next year :eek: so you could arrange the next tour then you will have to go...;) :D

PASL
7th March 2008, 06:09 PM
Hotel booked craig

Paul...

Craig
7th March 2008, 11:57 PM
Hotel booked craig

Paul...

Thanks Paul. :cool:

MINI William
8th March 2008, 09:48 AM
hotel booked:D

Craig
8th March 2008, 04:37 PM
hotel booked:D

Thanks William. :D

tonyjac
9th March 2008, 05:11 PM
Hotel Booked Big Man:)

Craig
9th March 2008, 05:47 PM
Hotel Booked Big Man:)

Thank you sir. :)

MINI William
9th March 2008, 09:21 PM
craig is there going to be stickers for this??????:D

tonyjac
9th March 2008, 09:29 PM
I HOPE SO PREF INSIDE OF WINDOW WELL NEED TO TALK NICE TO CARLO:D :o :D

MINI William
9th March 2008, 09:31 PM
yeh i think we deffo need stickers:D

Craig
10th March 2008, 11:27 AM
Stickers ?

I have previously ordered stickers (for the last 2 years of Oxford) at a cost of £70 to myself and then tried to sell them to people for a small fee. Invariably I have been left out of pocket as not everyone wants them (or even likes stickers on their car). :(

The site doesn't pay for them and sticker companies, or Mini Designs are a business and can't do them for free either, so really what I am saying is if someone wants to organise the stickers and take cash for them, please go ahead, I've just had my fingers burnt too many times. :(

Track Ali
13th March 2008, 03:06 PM
hey just wondering if its too late to sign up for this. worked out that im going to be able to make it after all and my uni exams have been postponed a month into may so everything is ok.. still space???

Craig
13th March 2008, 05:45 PM
hey just wondering if its too late to sign up for this. worked out that im going to be able to make it after all and my uni exams have been postponed a month into may so everything is ok.. still space???

yeah, no problem. Added to the list.:) Just on your own ?

Track Ali
14th March 2008, 03:54 AM
hopefully not but at the moment ive not asked anyone. still need to check out the hotel. get that done tomorrow hopefully

thanks

Craig
14th March 2008, 08:28 AM
hopefully not but at the moment ive not asked anyone. still need to check out the hotel. get that done tomorrow hopefully

thanks

Ok, just let me know asap, as I have to confirm exact numbers with Plant Oxford soon. ;) To let you understand, they set a maximum of 30 people for their tours, however we are "special" and Ulrike gives us some lee-way in the numbers as we are travelling so far. :cool: :cool:

Bumble
14th March 2008, 09:38 AM
Craig - just noticed; you have the Penguin Pusher down twice on the first post :p

Track Ali
14th March 2008, 11:41 AM
well if poss can u stick me down for one passenger. ill probs be bringing someone just havent decided who yet. thanks

Craig
14th March 2008, 05:22 PM
all updated and sorted now :o :)

I need to work less and concentrate on the more important things.. :p :D

MINI William
16th March 2008, 09:20 PM
just a quick wee question: for this run are we doin the walky talky thing, if so can someone advise me on the best ones to get thanks:D

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2008, 09:23 PM
Will defoo be doing the walkie-talkie thing William. Not only is it a lot of fun, it's handy being able to advise the front of the pack of any idiots flying down the road not caring less about anyone in front.

You usually can't go wrong with almost any Motorola. I would avoid the cheapy ones - Binatone etc., they probably broadcast the same, but the speakers are usually crap.

Craig
16th March 2008, 09:27 PM
just a quick wee question: for this run are we doin the walky talky thing, if so can someone advise me on the best ones to get thanks:D

Hi William,

Yes, I always take walkie talkies on runs, if nothing else, just for some banter.;) Any of the PMR ones will do, but I prefer Motorola. Had some for about 8 years now and they haven't missed a beat. Currently use some old police motorola radios, modified for PMR with good range. ;)

some ideas on.... This Page (http://www.twoway-radio.co.uk/trolleyed/27/index.htm)

MINI William
16th March 2008, 09:37 PM
thanks guys looks like ill geta motarolla then lol:D

MINI William
16th March 2008, 09:42 PM
fancie the Motorola Talkr T5 what does everyone think?

Gismo
16th March 2008, 10:16 PM
Yep, i think you fancy it :rolleyes:
Will be very handy on the run ;)

Craig
16th March 2008, 10:32 PM

they look perfect. ;) :D

Craig
17th March 2008, 08:14 PM
Tour Info...

Just had an update from Ulrike. The numbers that we currently have are confirmed as fine with them. This is not normal for Oxford as they set a maximum of 30 people per tour, however they are allowing us to take more people round. :) I think those last on the list will be VERY gratefull to Plant Oxford. :D

Also Ulrike is organising for us to see another part of the factory, previously unseen to most people, however this has to come at a cost. ;) Ulrike is very partial to Men in Kilts, so for any of you guys out there that own one, PLEEEEEASE can you bring it down for the tour, it will make her day for all her hard work and get us a wee sneek peek at something people don't normally get to see. :cool: :cool:

Ulrike also wants to take some photos of the cars outside the Factory and us inside for inclusion in their internal MINI magazine MINI@Oxford.

Also, the tour is confirmed as only £5 per person (payable on the day to me), this is also a discount on the normal price. ;)

Only 3 weeks on Fri... BRING IT ON. :cool: :cool:

MINI William
17th March 2008, 08:41 PM
Tour Info...

Also Ulrike is organising for us to see another part of the factory, previously unseen to most people

Is this because im special????:D

Craig
17th March 2008, 10:24 PM

LOL...... ;)

Bumble
17th March 2008, 11:58 PM

I've heard your the most special, or at least that's what ur Mum tells folk!

ELFMAN
18th March 2008, 03:29 PM
Men in Kilts eh?
Craig wrote: 'it will make her day for all her hard work and get us a wee sneek peek at something people don't normally get to see.'

If there's a sudden draught maybe Ulrike will get a wee sneek peek at some things SHE doesn't normally get to see:eek: :eek: :eek::o :D

Craig
18th March 2008, 06:19 PM
Men in Kilts eh?
Craig wrote: 'it will make her day for all her hard work and get us a wee sneek peek at something people don't normally get to see.'

If there's a sudden draught maybe Ulrike will get a wee sneek peek at some things SHE doesn't normally get to see:eek: :eek: :eek::o :D

LOL :D

it's her only request of us really, apart from getting some pictures of the cars and us, which I don't think any of us would refuse. :)

only 24 Days to go... :cool: :cool:

ELFMAN
18th March 2008, 10:28 PM
I don't have a kilt....... probably just as well - she'd die laughing.

MINI William
20th March 2008, 09:14 PM
I don't have a kilt....... probably just as well - she'd die laughing.
She will be seeing EVERYONE's MINI so you are fine:D

Track Ali
20th March 2008, 10:13 PM
right so were heading down on the friday, arrive friday afternoon. is the tour then on friday afternoon? and we stay over friday night and come back up on the saturday?
i take it its one night we book in the hotel.
thanks

Bumble
20th March 2008, 10:21 PM
She will be seeing EVERYONE's MINI so you are fine:D

Nice one!! :D

Craig
20th March 2008, 11:59 PM
right so were heading down on the friday, arrive friday afternoon. is the tour then on friday afternoon? and we stay over friday night and come back up on the saturday?
i take it its one night we book in the hotel.
thanks

All Correct apart from the Tour is early evening - approx 6:30pm/7pm but this is still to be confirmed.

As for how many nights you book, that is really up to you. Some people decide to come back up the road on the saturday, some stay the weekend, some leave from there on holiday (Duncan drove to Europe one year!) So it's all up to you.

The organised side of it, really finishes on Friday night. If your coming up the road on Saturday, I suggest you speak to others and find out who is coming back up the road and then you can have a mini MINI convoy rather than driving all the way home on your own.. ;)

ELFMAN
21st March 2008, 11:02 AM
Nice one!! :D

Thanks very much! I think so ;)

Track Ali
23rd March 2008, 11:43 PM
right craig thats me booked the hotel for my dad and i (its his first run) so you can stick us down as defo on the list. thanks for organizing it, especially as i only landed you with me coming kinda recently.

finally does anyone have the pm name for "mum and dad". or if they are reading this then can i per chance ask them to bring the r56 cooper s grill to the run to see if it fits my cooper. thanks

ali

cant wait till the run

Bumble
23rd March 2008, 11:48 PM
finally does anyone have the pm name for "mum and dad". or if they are reading ...

mum & dad are weefossy (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=59)

Craig
24th March 2008, 04:48 PM
right craig thats me booked the hotel for my dad and i (its his first run) so you can stick us down as defo on the list. thanks for organizing it, especially as i only landed you with me coming kinda recently.

finally does anyone have the pm name for "mum and dad". or if they are reading this then can i per chance ask them to bring the r56 cooper s grill to the run to see if it fits my cooper. thanks

ali

cant wait till the run

Cool Ali - that's the info updated. :cool:

ELFMAN
26th March 2008, 09:18 AM
Penguin - I reckon there'll be a few of us heading 'our way' up the road on the Saturday. Last year Colin (CCM) did a great 'Guide Dog' impression for me with his trusty Satnav - otherwise I'd probably have been driving around the middle of England till I ran out of petrol (about 10 minutes....).

So we can sort out who's going where on Saturday on the Friday night.

Track Ali
26th March 2008, 03:19 PM
whereas if we follow me we shall all end up in some lucky (or unlucky) persons driveway again. :o
sounds good. just over two weeks now:)

Bumble
26th March 2008, 07:00 PM
I am sooo looking forward to this trip!

AndyP & Lenore
26th March 2008, 08:30 PM
I am sooo looking forward to this trip!

Lynn, it's an epic journey of love, discovery and self fulfillment.:D ;)

You're gonna love it. :)

Do you have a radio? So you can hear and/or join in with the banter on the way down.

Craig
26th March 2008, 08:43 PM
Well, the trip of the year is only 16 days away... :cool: :cool: :cool:

just a reminder to the few who have not booked their hotel.

V11kae, Wee Dove and HyperFlick - I would book your room asap to avoid disappointment. ;)

Just waiting on confirmation of the time of the tour from Ulrike at Plant Oxford. :)

Bring it ON!!!!! :cool:

Bumble
27th March 2008, 02:08 AM
Do you have a radio? So you can hear and/or join in with the banter on the way down.

Got one winging it's way to me :)

Craig
27th March 2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Folks,

just had a phone call from Paula at Plant Oxford.

The Tour time has been set at 19:00hrs or 7pm in old money :D

I was offered 18:30hrs, however decided that it might be a bit tight if we encounter any hold ups on the way down and also gives people time to get some dinner before going into the Factory.

I would like to suggest that we get over to the Factory about 18:30hrs so that we can get some photos etc before the tour starts. :)

only 15 days now :cool:

PASL
28th March 2008, 10:37 PM
Hi folks ,

Just wondering if there's any one else leaving from aberdeen just to arrange wee convoy if not meet up with folks from dundee like last year ?

Paul...

Craig
28th March 2008, 10:53 PM
Hi folks ,

Just wondering if there's any one else leaving from aberdeen just to arrange wee convoy if not meet up with folks from dundee like last year ?

Paul...

Sheilz should be coming down from Aberdeen. :)

Craig
29th March 2008, 09:09 PM
Run notes now available for download on the first post.. :D

only 13 days to go. :cool:

AeroJonny
31st March 2008, 04:13 AM
damn cousin...stupid wedding...grrr

Bumble
31st March 2008, 06:18 PM
Woo hoo ... getting close now! My radio arrived today too, fingers crossed they are okay, got myself Motorola Tlkr-T3 x 2. Can get them to talk to each other - I know nothing else about them!

My co-pilot (little sis (Minijac)) and I have decided to detour for a night on the razz in Newcastle on the way back up; suggestions for where to go? Woops thread hijack alert! If anyone else fancies it let me know ... sort of back on thread?

Craig
31st March 2008, 08:09 PM
Picked up the T-Shirts today and they look great :cool: :cool: :cool:

only 11 days to go... :) :)

AndyP & Lenore
31st March 2008, 08:13 PM
Just checked Metcheck weather forecast and they are forecasting snow:eek: for that weekend.

stoney
31st March 2008, 10:22 PM
ok i need a big fav off some body please i will be down south from monday next week and am going to join in with you guys on the m6 :D will some one phone me when you are passing knutsford services ;) that will give me plenty of time to get on to the m6 and i wil then have my raido on so will hope fully be able to find you with that from there ;)

what channel will it be 4/17 ??

stoney

Craig
31st March 2008, 10:48 PM
Rob,

no worries mate, I'll give you a phone when passing knutsford. Yeah, we will be on 4/17. ;)

If we don't meet up, we will be down at Norton Canes services on the M6 toll road about 2ish so you could always catch us up there.. :p :D

Big Gordy
1st April 2008, 08:28 AM
The way he drives he'll catch you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before that:eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

stoney
1st April 2008, 09:10 AM
Rob,

no worries mate, I'll give you a phone when passing knutsford. Yeah, we will be on 4/17. ;)

If we don't meet up, we will be down at Norton Canes services on the M6 toll road about 2ish so you could always catch us up there.. :p

thats no prob if you phone me at knustford then i should be on the m6 before you :D i hope as only about 30 mins away where i will be :D

The way he drives he'll catch you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before that :rolleyes: :p :D

cheaky bugger :p :p :p

Craig
1st April 2008, 11:26 AM
Slight edit to the time for the tour - moved to 18:45hrs in the official confirmation.

I would like us to get over there about 30 mins before the tour so that we can get everyone (and their MINI's) outside the factory for a photo op and also Plant Oxford want to take some photos for their internal magazine.

ELFMAN
4th April 2008, 12:17 PM
Just a wee note for those of us who are leaving from Larkhall/Hamilton/Bothwell etc to go to Bothwell Services next Friday.

I would usually go Northbound down the Motorway and come off at Daldowie/Uddingston and come back on to the M/way on the Southbound side at Uddingston to get to Bothwell Services. However I think I noticed that the S/bound 'On-Ramp' from Uddingston is closed due to the roadworks, which means we have to take the road from Bothwell town centre to get there. I've asked a few folks, and coming from Hamilton direction, you take the road on the Right, just at Bothwell Library, and head down that way which eventually gets to the Services. This will hopefully get us there without too much bother.

You guys probably knew the road anyway - but I wasn't aware of it before I made my enquiries!

Craig
4th April 2008, 03:56 PM
Just a wee note for those of us who are leaving from Larkhall/Hamilton/Bothwell etc to go to Bothwell Services next Friday.

I would usually go Northbound down the Motorway and come off at Daldowie/Uddingston and come back on to the M/way on the Southbound side at Uddingston to get to Bothwell Services. However I think I noticed that the S/bound 'On-Ramp' from Uddingston is closed due to the roadworks, which means we have to take the road from Bothwell town centre to get there. I've asked a few folks, and coming from Hamilton direction, you take the road on the Right, just at Bothwell Library, and head down that way which eventually gets to the Services. This will hopefully get us there without too much bother.

You guys probably knew the road anyway - but I wasn't aware of it before I made my enquiries!

Well Done Elfmeister for the head's up. ;)

should hopefully stop any of you guys being late for the start.. :cool:

this time next week, we will be there..!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

stoney
4th April 2008, 06:18 PM
ok i was in stoke on trent to day you dont have to much to worry about on the way down there are some road works just after gretna 50MPH avrege speed camres are on only about 5/6 M long tho

ELFMAN
5th April 2008, 05:12 PM
Re. NMS Lanarkshire crew:
So much for the info I received about being able to take that wee road from Bothwell Library to the Services on the other side. I tried it this morning and ended up in some posh bloke's driveway! The road seems to have been closed off some time back, and while there's a path, there's no way for cars to get through.

I'll check during the week to see if the Uddingston 'on-ramp' is still shut - if so, it's off Northbound up the M/way for a few miles on Friday, then off at the first exit after the M8/Glasgow one and back t'other way - long road for a short cut! If anybody else in the area has an idea how to get to Bothwell Services from the Hamilton side without going via Istanbul - over to you....

stoney
5th April 2008, 05:43 PM
Re. NMS Lanarkshire crew:
So much for the info I received about being able to take that wee road from Bothwell Library to the Services on the other side. I tried it this morning and ended up in some posh bloke's driveway! The road seems to have been closed off some time back, and while there's a path, there's no way for cars to get through.

I'll check during the week to see if the Uddingston 'on-ramp' is still shut - if so, it's off Northbound up the M/way for a few miles on Friday, then off at the first exit after the M8/Glasgow one and back t'other way - long road for a short cut! If anybody else in the area has an idea how to get to Bothwell Services from the Hamilton side without going via Istanbul - over to you....

elf man give me a phone i can show you a route 2morow if you want i know how to get there but could not tell you i will see if i can do it on google maps

stoney
5th April 2008, 06:34 PM
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=515668651115487170,55.815650,-4.062960%3B9728496646274858264,55.804275,-4.069893%3B1194258456271778427,55.796840,-4.058850%3B10603399298305772381,55.801990,-4.054170&saddr=Fallside+Rd+%4055.815650,+-4.062960&daddr=Fallside+Rd+%4055.804275,+-4.069893+to:B7071%2FHamilton+Rd+%4055.796840,+-4.058850+to:55.74383,-3.971729&mra=dme&mrcr=2&mrsp=3&sz=15&sll=55.74354,-3.975077&sspn=0.011136,0.039911&ie=UTF8&ll=55.779735,-4.018535&spn=0.089008,0.31929&z=12

hope this works

ELFMAN
5th April 2008, 08:20 PM
Rob, I've PM'd you to stop me hijacking the thread!

weefossy
6th April 2008, 07:05 PM
Can we join in at Abington, same as previous years?
Does anyone else want to meet there?
Craig, could you phone when you get close please.

Craig
6th April 2008, 07:09 PM
Can we join in at Abington, same as previous years?
Does anyone else want to meet there?
Craig, could you phone when you get close please.

yeah, no worries, that's the welcome break services yeah? ;)

Think the pooles are meeting us at southwaite... :D

AndyP & Lenore
6th April 2008, 07:28 PM
yeah, no worries, that's the welcome break services yeah? ;)

Think the pooles are meeting us at southwaite... :D

Correctamundo.;)

MINI William
6th April 2008, 07:54 PM
Craig we will meet yous at somepoint on the way down we will have the radios what station will yous be on and i have your mob number so we can give you a call or a text or something :D

AndyP & Lenore
6th April 2008, 07:56 PM
William, lets take this to the Convoy thread. Got a suggestion.;)

Burple
8th April 2008, 05:25 PM
18 - Zimbo & Burple (Hotel Booked)

^^^ <Cof> ;);););););););):p:D

zimbo
8th April 2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry about this but what info do we have re: walkie talkies? Coz we would like to join in the conversations this time.... What kind of walkie talkies do we need, or does anyone on here have a spare one available for the trip down? :D

Craig
8th April 2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry about this but what info do we have re: walkie talkies? Coz we would like to join in the conversations this time.... What kind of walkie talkies do we need, or does anyone on here have a spare one available for the trip down? :D

I can give you a spare mate, you just need 3 AA batteries.. :cool: :cool:

Bumble
8th April 2008, 07:19 PM
i have a spare too ... assuming my newly bought ones work okay with everyone else's! anyone else need one?

Craig
8th April 2008, 08:28 PM
some photos from the Oxford trip 2006/2007 to get you in the mood.... :cool:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/ox2.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/Oxford2006.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/ox1.jpg

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!! :) :D

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2008, 08:32 PM
Aw man. I just wanna go NOW!!! It's such an adventure.

zimbo
8th April 2008, 09:28 PM
I can give you a spare mate, you just need 3 AA batteries.. :cool: :cool:

:cool: cheers Craig, now just need to organize where about we are going to meet you lot. :rolleyes:

AeroJonny
8th April 2008, 11:01 PM
was thinking I might come and see you guys off from Bothwell...then i saw your departure time!!!

er, no. ;)

dundonian
9th April 2008, 07:51 AM
Looking forward to the run - can't wait.

Bumble - If there is a spare walkie talkie can we borrow it for the run down to join in the banter?

Thanks

Craig
9th April 2008, 10:07 AM
was thinking I might come and see you guys off from Bothwell...then i saw your departure time!!!

er, no. ;)

bloomin students...:rolleyes: just get ooot yer bed lazy chops.. :p ;) :D

Burple
9th April 2008, 10:11 AM
:cool: cheers Craig, now just need to organize where about we are going to meet you lot. :rolleyes:

Err.. Bothwell, numbnuts?? :p:p:D:D:D:D

Don't have a PC in the house just now, but hopefully should do for tonight or tomorrow, to check up on this thread :D

Burple
9th April 2008, 10:12 AM
Looking forward to the run - can't wait.

Bumble - If there is a spare walkie talkie can we borrow it for the run down to join in the banter?

Thanks

Actually.. heyguys.. where are you leaving from and when? ;):D

Craig
9th April 2008, 10:14 AM
Just got a confirmation from Huntleys that they have our reservation and are looking forward to see us all for Brunch on Friday.... mmmmmmmmmmm Ice Cream........ :cool: :cool: :cool:

<only remembered to send them an email yesterday aswell.. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) >

ELFMAN
9th April 2008, 11:26 AM
I don't have any of these new-fangled Walking Talker devices, so I'll just talk to myself as usual. If I was using one while driving, I'd get caught by the Fuzz. That brings tears to your eyes I can tell you...

Can we have Toilet Stops every half an hour for us Werther-Chewing Oldies? (only kiddin' - every hour will do me fine). If I suddenly accelerate off the road and you hear screaming accompanied by the sound of running water, you know I've left it too late!

Bumble
9th April 2008, 07:15 PM
Man I am sooo excited !!!

Dundonian you have a PM

weefossy
9th April 2008, 09:56 PM
Elfman, we have a spare radio for you, no problem. If you need the loo. just put your hand up and ask the teacher.:D :D

By the way is anyone stopping over on the Saturday? Maybe York or The Lake District?

Craig
9th April 2008, 09:58 PM
By the way is anyone stopping over on the Saturday? Maybe York or The Lake District?

not for us this year, we are coming straight back up the road on the Sat... :o ;)

stoney
9th April 2008, 10:02 PM
i am going to doncaster to see a mate but not staying just to split the drive home a bit

ELFMAN
9th April 2008, 10:55 PM
Weefossy wrote:
'Elfman, we have a spare radio for you, no problem. If you need the loo. just put your hand up and ask the teacher.'

There are SO many bad jokes begging to be made with that sentence..... as my gift to you all, I won't make any.

The Radio will be most appreciated - last time I had one was on my first Mothership Run - I'd just about sussed which button to press to speak when we were hitting the outskirts of Oxford.....

Permission to become slightly excited?

Colin
9th April 2008, 10:57 PM
Just got a confirmation from Huntleys that they have our reservation and are looking forward to see us all for Brunch on Friday.... mmmmmmmmmmm Ice Cream........ :cool: :cool: :cool:

<only remembered to send them an email yesterday aswell.. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) >

Mmmmm Huntleys, what a great brunch they do. :D I'm hungry now.

Only two more sleeps :cool::cool:.

Craig
9th April 2008, 11:10 PM
Permission to become slightly excited?

Permission GRANTED :D :D :D

bring on the longest run of the year.. :cool: :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2008, 11:14 PM
Elfman, we have a spare radio for you, no problem. If you need the loo. just put your hand up and ask the teacher.:D :D

Malcolm, we're stopping off at the York Marriott on the Saturday, heading the rest of the way up on the Sunday. You're welcome to join us if you like.

I'll PM you my number if you want a chat about this.

A.;)

dundonian
9th April 2008, 11:29 PM
Actually.. heyguys.. where are you leaving from and when? ;):D

We're heading through to Glasgow tomorrow night and staying at the Dakota.:rolleyes: Catch up with you on Friday at Bothwell.

Burple
10th April 2008, 11:30 AM
We're heading through to Glasgow tomorrow night and staying at the Dakota.:rolleyes: Catch up with you on Friday at Bothwell.

Ooooohhh <waggles fingers under chin> :D :D You won't be wanting to meet up for a mini Mini convoy thru to Bothwell then?! :p :p :D :D

Burple
10th April 2008, 11:35 AM
Mmmmm Huntleys, what a great brunch they do. :D I'm hungry now.

Only two more sleeps :cool::cool:.

Stoppit stoppit!!!! <rumbly tumbly!>

:D :D :D :D

Jeez.. just dawned on me that I'll have to be up about blrrding 5am!! :(
I'll be well deserving the massive sossy sarnie when we stop! :D

Craig
10th April 2008, 11:36 AM
Stoppit stoppit!!!! <rumbly tumbly!>

:D :D :D :D

Jeez.. just dawned on me that I'll have to be up about blrrding 5am!! :(
I'll be well deserving the massive sossy sarnie when we stop! :D

thats if we get there before they stop serving breakfast.. :eek: ;) :D

Craig
10th April 2008, 02:20 PM
Just a wee reminder, as we are going down the M6 toll road, as it is much quicker and more direct..;) I have just checked and the cost is £4.50.

I do remember a certain member forgetting to have change and got a helping hand (or should that be loan) from the car behind...:D

Also, for those that don't know where they are going, can you please print off a set of notes for your car.. :D

1 more sleep... getting excited now...:cool: The car is already packed. T-Shirts, some tools incase Sheilz wants to loose a wheel and some inevitable cleaning products.. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Burple
10th April 2008, 04:24 PM
Also, for those that don't know where they are going, can you please print off a set of notes for your car.. :D

I've got 5 printed out sitting in the car already ;):D
Just need to GTF out of here tonight and get it filled / cleaned a wee bit :D

sedgie
10th April 2008, 06:02 PM
Have a good n safe trip doon....i'll no think o yi lot as i get my op 2morra:p :p :D

N12 JLK
10th April 2008, 06:56 PM
Good luck Sedgie and everyone have a great time.

Lesley, Jason and Kerr. :D

N12 JLK
10th April 2008, 07:11 PM
I wasnt really bothered about not going but now as it nears to the big day Im really feeling saddened about missing the whole weekends fun, we have been 2 years in a row now.:( :(
Big cheque to be wrote this weekend after the garden was landscaped and the new drive put down so we just cant afford it.:(
Not to worry lots of runs this year to look forward to.

Hope you all have fun, enjoy the BIG breakfast and please someone have the christmas mince pie icecream cone and post me a pic as they are to DIE-for:)

Jason

wee dove
10th April 2008, 08:21 PM
hey guys i cant make the run as im working away from home on an emergency job.

Craig
10th April 2008, 08:32 PM
hey guys i cant make the run as im working away from home on an emergency job.

thanks for letting me know..

ta :)

zimbo
10th April 2008, 08:36 PM
See you folks in a little while.... Just hope i can get some sleep, very early night needed tonight i think...:D:rolleyes:

Craig
10th April 2008, 08:38 PM
See you folks in a little while.... Just hope i can get some sleep, very early night needed tonight i think...:D:rolleyes:

aye and somebody told me there was a cat fight over what car to bring... jings, just like a couple of wimen.. ;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2008, 09:45 PM
ONE MORE SLEEP!! YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

See you all bright and early in Southwaite tomorrow morning.

A &L.:D :D :D :D :D

ELFMAN
10th April 2008, 10:40 PM
I've just spent most of my day's 'holiday' mopping out my Print Shop 'cos the flat upstairs' washing machine blew a hose and his mains water supply did a Niagara Falls impression through my ceiling for ten minutes - whole place flooded. So much for my relaxing 'pre-Oxford' day off. Done as much as I can, so s*d it - OXFORD HERE I COME - come hell or HIGH WATER! See Y'all tomorrow

stoney
10th April 2008, 10:58 PM
unlucky pal you lot should be all in bed tucked up bye now im ok i dont need to get out my bed till about 11ish hee hee see you all 2morow

Gismo
11th April 2008, 02:25 AM
Have fun folks and make sure that Craig and Andy get their breakfasts last :D
Never seen such sad faces as last year :eek: :D

Craig
11th April 2008, 05:59 AM
Have fun folks and make sure that Craig and Andy get their breakfasts last :D
Never seen such sad faces as last year :eek: :D

watch it short stuff.!! ;)

mind and look after the place while we are away enjoying ourselves down in Oxford. :rolleyes: ;)

Right - I'm ready, who's for a run then. :p :D

Crombers
11th April 2008, 09:41 PM
Here's hoping your all havin a good un ;)

Gismo
12th April 2008, 09:49 AM
Taps fingers on the desk impatiently :rolleyes: awright, come on, whar's the piccies and the reports ;) :)

Mini Ecosse
12th April 2008, 05:26 PM
Taps fingers on the desk impatiently :rolleyes: awright, come on, whar's the piccies and the reports ;) :)

They must be having too good a time to keep us updated:( :) :)

tonyjac
12th April 2008, 05:49 PM
hello all just back from the mothership:D :D :D absolute magic!!!thanks once again craig for organising the ultimate mini adventure,sorry jude couldnt make it .big thanks to all that attended in helping make it a weekend to remember i mean i wonder what people must have thought 18 minis driving down the M6 :D :cool: weather also held its own :cool: cant wait for LOCH TAY IN MAY:)

MrMischief
12th April 2008, 07:58 PM
Damn, wish I'd seen this as I'm off work for a week & would've been a good chance to get to know everyone....oh well next time :(

How'd it go??

Steve

Sheilz
12th April 2008, 09:22 PM
Have to agree with Tonyjac........it was a braw couple of days. I got back to Abz just after 7.30pm. Took the scenic route home from Dundee to stretch my legs on Lunan Beach.
Thanks Craig for all your hard work and to everyone else who almost stopped me from getting lost. Nice to meet everyone again since it must be coming up for two years since I last was on a run.
Thanks to Andy for checking my wheels were secured BEFORE leaving Southwaite!
Also to Jackie for entertaining me!
To Ewan and 'Mum and Dad' (that just sounds so weird coz I'm sure they're younger than me!!) for shepherding everyone along the way.
......and to everyone else for being a nice friendly bunch.

Now away to give specy a bath. Got some Lettuce Shampoo left so might as well give the wee man a nice treat for all HIS hard work.

ELFMAN
12th April 2008, 09:47 PM
Well, that's it all over for another year.... (sniff) I had a fine time, but will now have to be hauled into dry dock for a complete re-fit. BIG thanks to Craig, who struggled manfully on and led the squadron back home despite having spent a sleepless night coughing his head off. Hats off to the Big Man yet again.

Great to see all the 'old' faces - and the new ones. Thanks to Ma & Pa (was it mainly Ma?) for the mega-quiz. Hope you get that Lycra-clad robot for Christmas, Malcolm. Thanks to Colin for rescuing Tony and I today when we took an 'unscheduled detour' into a petrol station.... I have NO sense of direction, the roundabout was saturated with recently-spilled diesel and the battery in my walkie-talkie went flat. There were also some magic 'low-flying MINI formation' moments on the motorway North of the Border, which always brings a smile to my face. Penguin and his Dad in the 'Fastest Cooper in the West' - nearly caught that Aston Martin out of the tollboths after giving it a head start - but you take care now y'hear?

Other smiley things? Saturday night in the hotel bar was the perfect end to a fab day. Stoney and I discovered a shared worship of Pink Floyd. I discovered I can only win at 'Connect Four' with assistance from Ms. Stella Artois, and if somebody points out my (obvious) winning move to me while I stare blankly at the board. The Bumble Sisters were on top form (hope Newcastle is still standing!). I hadn't seen her for a while, but Flick was her usual fine self and how could I forget the lovely Michelle ('Ma Belle, sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble' to nick Mr. McCartney's famous line) who just cheered me up whenever she appeared. Hope you had a safe journey home girls. Get yourselves on more runs this year - thus decrees the Elfman! And finally, Sheilz - the Solo Long-Distance Queen - how does she do it? I couldn't. Well done to everybody for making the weekend special.

Early night for me tonight, and I'll hopefully find out tomorrow if my printshop has dried out or if I'm going to be sitting all day on monday pointing a hairdryer at various Apple Mac internals.... It goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. Still, the good bits keep you going, eh? Night Night. Sleep Tight, and don't let the Dream Speed Cameras catch you.

Sheilz
12th April 2008, 10:07 PM
LOl Ewen .......could you nae have made it 'princess' instead o' 'queen':rolleyes: glad you got home safe.
I'm busy doing that report, which is why I'm on NMS and then away to my photo site, then might do some housework and ........
I

Craig
12th April 2008, 10:08 PM
Just want to say BIG THANKS to all that came, those that missed it... well, I think you missed one of the best yet.. :p :D

Will give you a full run down tomorrow, but just too tired tonight to think straight.. :o Nearly fell asleep at the wheel a few times on the run home, but thanks to CCM (Colin) for nattering on the radio to me and keeping me awake. :) :D

Craig
12th April 2008, 10:18 PM
Guys and Gals,

I know you will all have loads of photos of the days away, so could I please ask you to post them in THIS THREAD (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14251) so that they don't get lost in this thread.;)

I want to send some down to Ulrike and maybe get them in their mag, also going to send a piece to Modern Mini.

Thanks

Craig:cool:

Colin
12th April 2008, 10:30 PM
I didn't think it could have improved on last year especially since I had been on the tour and kinda knew what to expect... but it was Fantastic :D. Was great getting to see the cars being painted. Great laugh back at the Hotel with a great bunch of people, new faces and regulars. And our mini MINI convoy back up the road was good fun. We might get a job with the red arrows display team.;)

Big thanks to Craig, bring on number 5 :cool:

Burple
12th April 2008, 10:47 PM
Hey guys, we just got back about quarter to 10 - We stopped off in Huddersfiled to visit Ally's bruv for a wee rest :D Left Flick and Michelle there too to carry on their journey oop north (with strict directions ;):D) after our mini Mini convoy up the road :D

Well done Craig on another cracker. best fun I've had in ages! :cool:
Hope your bag of socks made it back too Sheilz. Dunno how you do it either but good on ya! :cool:

And to everyone else, great to see all the ol' regulars again, and to meet some new faces!
Hope Newcastle survived too!

In other interesting news, we passed an accident on the way up, a Jeep Grand Cherrokee on it's roof in the barrier, with it's trailer and 30-odd foot yacht on it's side in the road looking a bit 2nd hand. yikes! - Zimbo I think has a pic..
More pics and stuff to follow, once my brain has rebooted!
Nice one guys!:cool: