PDA

View Full Version : Police Chief banned for speeding

Burple
5th December 2007, 12:36 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7128548.stm

WTF?? He was the The former chair of roads policing at the Association of Chief Police Officers and only got a 42 day ban and a £350 fine??????????????

That's a totaly joke considering the guy's position and responsibility... :mad:

euan
5th December 2007, 02:01 PM
I'm just glad he got something to be honest.

s12cot
5th December 2007, 02:43 PM
ha ha think its ace he got something....

his lawyers comments were the best, he should have been keeping a closer eye on his speed.....

The Dogfather
5th December 2007, 03:12 PM
ha ha think its ace he got something....

his lawyers comments were the best, he should have been keeping a closer eye on his speed.....

He should resign...................

s12cot
5th December 2007, 06:19 PM
I can understand his comment if he was doing 35 in a 30 etc but if you are doing 90 in a 60 you know you are doing 90, you dont just do it by mistake.....

not being a speed prude as those of you who know me will know what i am like...

Big Col
5th December 2007, 06:42 PM
Did he have his foglights on?

Craig
5th December 2007, 07:14 PM
it won't be an issue for him as he will have a driver which we will be paying for. :(

all wrong in my book:( , if I got caught doing 90 in a 60, then it would be a ban of at least 6 months. It is kinda sending the wrong signal, and what is £350 for a guy on £100k a year..:eek: :rolleyes: :(

zimbo
5th December 2007, 07:43 PM
That is TOTALLY DISGRACEFUL!!! Like Craig just said, If any of us regular people got caught at that speed we'd at least get a 6 month ban and 3 or maybe even 6 points on our licence minimum...

So basically he's just got a little slap on the back of his hand and told not to do it again! (thats what it all boils down to) :mad:

This kind of thing really p***es me off.:mad::mad: one rule for one person and another for someone else!!

GAJ
5th December 2007, 08:10 PM
I got caught doing 95, albeit in a 70 a couple of years ago and got 3 points and a £150 fine. No ban. I think the sentence he got was pretty fair. I don't think he was treated leniently TBH but others may well disagree.

The Dogfather
5th December 2007, 08:40 PM
However, his actions will undermine the message about speeding, which we all know is borrocks anyway. He should resign.

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2007, 08:52 PM
If I'm being honest, I'm surprised he got a ban. I thought it was only if you topped 100 your got a ban automatically. I would have thought doing 90 in a 60 would be more of a slap on the hands and a hefty fine with maybe 6 or 9 points.

I know he should have known better, and he does have a responsibility to practice what he preaches, and I'm sure he feels like a right tit, but I think the punishment fits the crime.

But like Craig say's, the residents of Yorkshire will be funding his travel for the next 42 days. Personally I think he should reimburse his employer for that cost.

A.:(

vintageb3
6th December 2007, 08:54 AM

Was it foggy?

mark

The Dogfather
6th December 2007, 09:28 AM
Foglights or no foglights there seems to be a bit more mileage in this story yet: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7130028.stm

JCWmini
6th December 2007, 07:17 PM

Yes thats why he got the ban, nothing to do with the speeding.

iain cooper
7th December 2007, 05:58 PM
it's so easy to speed (and get caught) so I would not be too hasty too slag the guy off, it can happen to anyone regardless of job; age; car; etc

the fact that he got a ban will have an effect on his future insurance premiums and also other things.

considering his job I would have thought he would have invested in a speed camera detector for his car, maybe he'll get one for his Xmas ?

The Dogfather
7th December 2007, 06:53 PM
it's so easy to speed (and get caught) so I would not be too hasty too slag the guy off, it can happen to anyone regardless of job; age; car; etc

the fact that he got a ban will have an effect on his future insurance premiums and also other things.

considering his job I would have thought he would have invested in a speed camera detector for his car, maybe he'll get one for his Xmas ?

You're not a Police Officer by any chance? ;) :D

I reckon we should give him 40 lashes and deport him.......

iain cooper
11th December 2007, 11:20 AM
I'm not a police officer but a mere human being like the police chief, and like him I have also been done for speeding, and nearly lost my licence.

I cannot really express how I felt, and to say I was ashamed would be an understatement. I had to attend court, etc, etc, and would not recommend anyone this experience.

I am not a boy racer or a danger to society, but just had a silly moment, and was duly punished, which I accepted.

duncan
11th December 2007, 12:52 PM
Foglights or no foglights there seems to be a bit more mileage in this story yet: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7130028.stm

There's a lot in that story thats a joke.
If someone was in the need of help, then I'd expect the rozzers to get there asap. Safely.

However, if they're just patrolling, or attending something that's not an emergency, they should be done for it. And as for not identifying, thats what vehicle log books are for. The employers have a duty to ensure that the driver is recorded.

Burple
11th December 2007, 01:26 PM

He's a Police Officer, a Chief constable no less.
He's the former former Chair of Road Policing
He got caught Speeding. Doing *90* in a 60 limit.

Considering his job, and the importance of it, you'd have thought he would have realised his privelidged position and upheld the laws he's paid to, and stuck to the speed limit, considering the big effort the Police force is making to clamp down on people breaking the speed limit, no?

Instead now the taxpayer will have to pay for him to be chauffeured around for over a month. I didn't get a free Chauffeur for six months for *my* indiscretion, a silly moment.

iain cooper
11th December 2007, 03:25 PM
totally agree with all your comments, I suppose the fact that he's paid to enforce the law, etc, he should have been much more careful and responsible at the wheel.

The Dogfather
11th December 2007, 03:53 PM
Hence my comment that he should resign

Big Col
11th December 2007, 03:53 PM
I didn't get a free Chauffeur for six months for *my* indiscretion, a silly moment.

You wanna get a better job then mate. Maybe if you'd worked hard and stayed in school...

Burple
11th December 2007, 04:56 PM
You wanna get a better job then mate. Maybe if you'd worked hard and stayed in school...

It's alive!! :D:D:D

y'know you'd get a slap if I could reach :p:p:p:D

The Dogfather
11th December 2007, 11:16 PM
Don't worry LnL he doesn't hang around, he'll be gone then come back. A bit like a virus, herpes would be a good comparison.

vintageb3
11th December 2007, 11:33 PM
As a policeman though...he will have been a trained driver...and if he had ever been in traffic...would probably be a highly trained driver.

I think 90mph would be kewl for him to do:rolleyes: :D

mark

Big Col
12th December 2007, 01:19 PM
Don't worry LnL he doesn't hang around, he'll be gone then come back. A bit like a virus, herpes would be a good comparison.

Whereas you're a terminal case as cearly there's no cure for you my mouldy ol' haddock. :)

The Dogfather
12th December 2007, 02:26 PM
Very true BC

Big Gordy
12th December 2007, 04:29 PM
Whereas you're a terminal case as cearly there's no cure for you my mouldy ol' haddock. :)

And he was on about spelling:eek: :p :D