PDA

View Full Version : Another Road Rage Case!

Steve74
24th February 2004, 02:33 AM
Just had my first experience of road rage in my mini. Some idiot in an old BMW 325 thought it would be fun to chase my car when I left the Fort in Edinburgh and after tailgating me for a few minutes with no response, drove on the wrong side of the road and cut me up, almost running into me. Crazy! I shook my head at him (nothing else) and this seemed to enrage him. He started braking sharply in front of me and then for the next two miles doing the same. I just tried to avoid him as much as possible. He then opens his door as hes driving along (like he's going to get out when he's moving!) and slams on his brakes again, almost causing other cars to pile into him. I managed to go around him as he was stopped but then he drives about 60mph up Willowbrae Road to get past me again into oncoming traffic!! If I hadn't braked he'd have killed someone. Luckily I spotted a police car ahead and pointed to it. He pulled alongside and shouted abuse so I drove up alongside the police car and told them he was crazy. Luckily a witness (in another BMW) pulled up and told the police what he had seen. I told them I didnt want to press charges and only that someone needed to give him a warning not to not drive like a nutter as he might kill someone. The police spent ages with him and his girlfriend while I spoke to the witness driver before they told me just to drive on.

I think the guy was a bit of a boy racer who was trying to show off in his BMW to his girlfriend but I have no idea why he would choose to cut me off - there are some real nutcases out there!

Gismo
24th February 2004, 02:49 AM
Excellent result, all too often these eejits get away, glad to see Mr Plod getting involved.
Sadly in this day and age you did the right thing by not pressing charges :(

Steve74
24th February 2004, 03:17 AM
Yeh, I figured he would just cause more bother. I just wished I'd remembered to tell the police about him being on his mobile for most of the duration!!

macblob
24th February 2004, 03:30 AM
Sounds like a total nutter, glad no one got hurt

monkimagic
24th February 2004, 03:41 AM
Sounds like a bit of MINI envy, but well done for keeping your cool and getting the old bill involved, can be scarey when you are the target of some fools rage.:clown:

Sadly I agree about pressing charges, get you nothing but grief !!!!!

Monsta Mo Mini
24th February 2004, 05:55 AM
There's some real nobends out there. Glad you got the plod involved - hopefully he'll think twice before trying that stunt again.

I got chased from Telford Road all the way to Canonmills a year or so back just because I had the audacity to sound my horn at him as he pulled out in front of me. This wee ned (Senga was in car aswell - could see the pineapple heid sticking up above the dashboard!) proceeded to scream abuse out the windows at every junction, sound his horn despite the fact that he was three or four cars back after the Crewe Toll roundabout - he was well upset! He finally gave up after I refused to react to his shenanegans. You have to ask serious questions about the mentality of pondlife who is prepared to chase someone halfway across the city just because I may have raised some doubts about his ability to drive a car safely...me thinks he might have had some other problems downstairs. Certainly his cross city detour certainly seemed to make Senga perk up - she must have been so proud.. ****WITS! DIE! DIE !DIE!...did I say that...???<skulks of to plot the worldwide extermination of shell-suited scum>

<Time for your medication now Mr MMM!>

Jeff
24th February 2004, 06:09 AM
You wouldn't see that sort of thing in Dundee..ahem (coughs). Some people have peanuts for brains, the amount of bad driving is horrendous the best one I come across most days is getting cut off at the Kingsway/Forfar Road double roubdabout where people refuse to stay in their lane while going round the roundabout you see it right away that they are paying no bloody attention and cut you right up - crazy!

Willie M
24th February 2004, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience Steve74 but glad the local law enforcement took it upon themselves to have words with this ar*e.
I think you showed remarkable composure given the circumstances :approve:
The worrying thing is, there seem to be so many 'wild' drivers (with well scary <ahem> girlfriends in tow) these days.

Last year I saw a poor woman overtaken by a wannabe Keke Rosberg (I'm sure our elders will remember him ;)) just prior to a set of traffic lights in a 30mph zone. Slightly miffed she gave him a short toot of her horn to voice her displeasure, only for the lights ahead to turn red. Rosberg Jnr stops at lights with woman, then myself in line behind. The young ar*e and significant horror (G/f) proceed to lean into the back of their car, cursing and gesticulating wildly at the poor woman. After about 15 seconds of this unwarranted behaviour the bride of Frankenstein (aforementioned G/f) decides to get out of the passengers side and makes her way towards the womans car. Some very colourful language ensued :I as she stood right in front of the womans car unleashing a further torrent of abuse.

At this point the lights changed, Rosberg calls the dog back and the two of them wheelspin off down the road, almost losing it and hitting a traffic island.

There's a moral to the story here though (well sort of...) About two weeks later I saw the young guys car on the back of a tow truck with the bonnet completely stove-in and the windscreen broken. I only hope it was him and not some poor innocent passer by who came off the worst.

Basically kids. Don't do it. It's not big, it's not clever and the chances of you getting in tow with a loving, good looking woman are remote to non existant ;)

Big Gordy
24th February 2004, 05:10 PM
And here endeth today's lesson. Amen ;) (sadly I remember Keke Rosberg 8)) :p:D:approve:

monkimagic
24th February 2004, 08:42 PM
Very well put Gordy

Steve74
24th February 2004, 10:15 PM
Well in the end nobody got hurt any my wee mini cooper is still shiny... ;)

Big Col
24th February 2004, 11:22 PM
There is one good thing about neds. Everytime I see one I just feel a little bit happier about being me. :approve:

Burple
25th February 2004, 01:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
There is one good thing about neds. Everytime I see one I just feel a little bit happier about being me. :approve:

Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside....

Almost as good as emptying a full magazine into the little $%"&*!ers.... :blackeye:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:;)

Julz
25th February 2004, 05:13 PM
Why are people like this on the road?? Glad no-one was hurt and Mr. Plod was at the right place at the right time!!;)
I had a case of road rage a few months back, coming off a slip road onto the Kingsway and some eejit in a truck wouldn't pull over to let me out, no cars in the other lane, so I had to slow down, pull out behind him then went roarrrrrring past, giving a wee girlie scowl in the process!! Next thing I know, he's alongside me with his window down shouting abuse and making rude gestures, til he realised it was a girl!!!:eek: :I

Steve74
25th February 2004, 06:23 PM
I think some people get a bit envious Julz of a nice car. I've noticed that some drivers don't let you out as much as they would if you were driving a non-descript car. Funny though one guy blocked me in at a junction this morning and I'm not sure if he was being daft or just wanted a closer look at the mini!!!:D

Big Col
26th February 2004, 12:46 AM
I had a guy point blank refuse to let me out along the M74 because he wanted to pull alongside and mouth the words "Nice car" and flash me a big smile! He was in a PT Cruiser.

Steve74
26th February 2004, 03:03 AM
That's the kind of road rage you could like!