PDA

View Full Version : Attention All iPod Users

Gismo
4th December 2007, 11:10 AM
I recently upgraded to the 160GB classic iPod, sadly, it would appear that there are a few problems when connected in your car.
Not charging
iPod remains illuminated whilst connected
Does not switch off when engine turned off

Has anyone else got the new classic and connect to the car??

mikeythemini
4th December 2007, 01:13 PM
I have posted a thread about this on Mini2
I am trying to compile information on how each new ipod reacts with different stereos/adaptors
Apple have changed the way the new classic, touch & nano 3 work - they have pulled the rug from under many developers feet :(
Even worse, from what I am hearing connecting the iphone to any of the existing products could destroy its battery as they have changed the charging voltage!

Scottie
4th December 2007, 01:23 PM
My touch works a treat in my E46 If that helps. Looking round other BMW forums just seems to be the 6th generation problem.

Gismo
4th December 2007, 01:28 PM
I have posted a thread about this on Mini2
I am trying to compile information on how each new ipod reacts with different stereos/adaptors
Apple have changed the way the new classic, touch & nano 3 work - they have pulled the rug from under many developers feet :(
Even worse, from what I am hearing connecting the iphone to any of the existing products could destroy its battery as they have changed the charging voltage!
I posted on there too Mike, am i safe enough to connect my iPod classic to the car stereo through the Kenwood adaptor?

MINI William
7th December 2007, 09:42 AM
i have the new generation nano and i have the same problems when its connected to the car

The Dogfather
7th December 2007, 09:52 AM
My new Nano is problematic with the Mazda connection