PDA

View Full Version : was driving back home tonight

Scottie
2nd December 2007, 11:29 PM
stopped at Plean for a couple seconds and then started back the road home.

By the time we were entering Torwood. I was saying to Allan think I have a puncture the car was really juddering like driving over cobbles. We better stop and look. Nope no puncture but a terrible smell of burning rubber I'm shouting from the drivers seat to Allan who is outside the car DO YOU SMELL THAT SMOKE WHAT IS IT he said the rear discs are burning hot and just at that I put my hand to down to the handbrake and thought that's funny I can't remembering putting the handbrake on.:eek: :eek: :o :o oop's thought well I am not letting on.

so I take it off and shouts to Allan DOUBT THE REAR BRAKES HAVE STUCK ON;) come on lets get home I'll brake hard a couple of times might release them he gets back in the car we start off within a couple of mins he said well that seems to have worked no juddering now.:o :D ;) yip I said thank god for that. H'mm should I tell him e'mm nope.:D

Craig
2nd December 2007, 11:40 PM
I'll text him.... :p ;) :)

Gismo
3rd December 2007, 12:03 AM
Already told him :rolleyes: ;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd December 2007, 01:16 AM
Fi, I did that with a Peugeot 306 one time. The brakes seized on and I had to get them prized open by a mechanic. The mechanic said something like that once the handbrake is on, then you put your foot on the brake it changes the stop position of the setting on the thingymabob - calliper maybe:confused: - anyway, I really screwed the pooch and even if the mechanic was talking bollocks they were stuck fast until he fixed it for me.

It was the day before we were due to go on holiday. I wasn't a popular boy.:o

A.:(