PDA

View Full Version : Cinema TV Surround Sound question

Scottie
2nd December 2007, 07:46 PM
Ok I have one of the Yamaha YSP Digital Sound Projector. Which I like brought it back down the road with us anyway this is just me getting round to getting it set up for my room the shape and size etc blah blah blah which is all mainly done Auto with the optimizer thing.

Finally today after loosing all our cables in the move went out and bought a couple of new optical cables (what a price) and I was needing 2 of the buggers.

Back to sounding like it should.

but I was wondering I can adjust the ch level manual if I want.

However I don't understand see if it says Front L +2.00db and I can adjust that up or down what is I am doing if I increase it to say +4.00db or if I adjust it to say - 4.00db what effect will it have.???

Gismo
2nd December 2007, 10:48 PM
I think you are referring to each individual speaker Fi, basically, you need to set each speaker on your surround dystem, so that you ge tthe best levels when listening to a movie etc

The Dogfather
2nd December 2007, 10:51 PM
Fi, does it come with a setup mic?

Scottie
2nd December 2007, 11:06 PM
Fi, does it come with a setup mic?

yes I think they call it a optimizer.

All I want to know is what it means the + or minus - db.?? if you increase or decrease the db what is it I am actually changing. I am thinking db stands for decile bells
here is a link to what I have

http://www.yamaha-uk.com/sound_projectors/

Gismo
3rd December 2007, 12:05 AM
You are indeed increasing or decreasing the decible range of that particular speaker, if it's a minus, then you are reducing, if positive then you are increasing
Done correctly, you should set each speaker for the room size that you have

illegalhunter
3rd December 2007, 09:42 AM
Remember most tv is only 2.1 sound