PDA

View Full Version : New Car and guess what......?

Craig
1st December 2007, 08:42 PM
it's a corker. ! :D :D Well I think so anyway. :cool:

Went down to Preston this morning with Marky (Co-pilot and Wax Monkey), journey down was easy, had a SUPERB breakfast at Huntleys of Salmesbury :cool: . Gave the car a quick wash to make sure the guy at the garage could see the condition of the car (as it was dirty from the drive down and he had agreed the price of the car without seeing the condition of it).

Arrived at the dealership and was met by Simon Day. Top Man, not only was the car absolutely immaculate, it was exactly as he stated over the phone (I also hadn't seen the car in the flesh previously). Also he put in a brand new set of carpet mats in the car, 6 months road tax and paid for the retention cert for my Cherished Transfer. He was astounded by the condition of my car and was really impressed that we had washed it for him. (the least I could have done ).

Drove the new car up the road and not a noise rattle or anything out of it all the way up the road and it returned 40.9mpg :D :D Everthing felt good, gearbox was precise, no shaking from the steering and the brakes were great.

Happy Laddie, will get some pictures up tomorrow.

If anybody wants to buy a car from a MINI dealer that goes that little bit extra without so much as a push, give Bowker MINI in Preston a call. :D

Gismo
1st December 2007, 09:08 PM
Glad to hear everythings ok :)

Craig
1st December 2007, 09:13 PM
Cheers Alan, it's so good to be able to drive a car that I enjoy :D

Also meant to say HUGE THANKS to Markyc for being co-pilot. :) Also for waxing my new motor outside the dealership while I was in doing the paperwork :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D You are a legend :cool:

Scottie
1st December 2007, 09:16 PM
Cheers Alan, it's so good to be able to drive a car that I enjoy :D

Also meant to say HUGE THANKS to Markyc for being co-pilot. :) Also for waxing my new motor outside the dealership while I was in doing the paperwork :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D You are a legend :cool:

OMG only could Markyc get away with that. I like it.;) ;)

KenL
1st December 2007, 09:29 PM
Excellent, looking forward to the pics :cool:

I must say I am very impressed at you loyalty to MINI :)

Craig
1st December 2007, 09:47 PM
Excellent, looking forward to the pics :cool:

I must say I am very impressed at you loyalty to MINI :)

despite the problems with my last 2 cars, I still love minis and I probably always will (classic and re-incarnation:D ). That plus the whole club scene and all the friends i have made makes me not want to leave.

now to start modding it. :cool: :cool:

:D

sedgie
1st December 2007, 09:59 PM
Glad your happy with new car ~~~at last~~~:D :D

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2007, 10:03 PM
Thank the lord everything is OK.

Glad you like the car.

Do you miss the performance of the S?

A.:D

Craig
1st December 2007, 10:16 PM
I think it will take time for me to get used to how it "used to be", but at the moment, it was a shock at the difference. I did know tho that this was one of the sacrifices.. ;)

if you wring it's neck tho, it will keep up with an S. BS and John can vouch for that. :cool:

weefossy
1st December 2007, 10:42 PM
Glad to hear all went well. Get some pretty pictures up then before it gets dirty again.

The Dogfather
1st December 2007, 10:55 PM
I think it will take time for me to get used to how it "used to be", but at the moment, it was a shock at the difference. I did know tho that this was one of the sacrifices.. ;) if you wring it's neck tho, it will keep up with an S. BS and John can vouch for that. :cool:

Craig, it's not all about power the driver makes the biggest difference :D .

The Brabus had the sort of power that would upset the balance of the car and I never really had the confidence to take it to its limit. Whilst with my old Cooper I used to be able to balance the car at the limit no problem. Like you said a well rung Cooper is only slower on the straights and you can usually make some of that back in the corners.

I'm still learning in the MX5 :o but I'm looking forward to seeing if I can keep up on a run..........

Glad to hear you're happy with the new motor, and it's a damn shame that MINI let you down so badly.

Craig
1st December 2007, 11:03 PM
Craig, it's not all about power the driver makes the biggest difference :D .

The Brabus had the sort of power that would upset the balance of the car and I never really had the confidence to take it to its limit. Whilst with my old Cooper I used to be able to balance the car at the limit no problem. Like you said a well rung Cooper is only slower on the straights and you can usually make some of that back in the corners.

I'm still learning in the MX5 :o but I'm looking forward to seeing if I can keep up on a run..........

Glad to hear you're happy with the new motor, and it's a damn shame that MINI let you down so badly.

Cheers for the comments VB.

it's not MINI I am particulary p'd off with, it's the dealer who is supposed to represent the manufacturer. They know who they are and they also know that I have been waiting for a letter since the 3rd of Oct and haven't bother their a**e to send it out, despite me reminding them at the beginning of Nov. I shouldn't be surprised, their service has not been the best.

I have my fingers crossed that this car continues as it has started and I'll be happy for years. :D

vintageb3
2nd December 2007, 01:44 AM
Great news Craig!!!

Glad to hear you are happy with your new motor!...looking forward to seeing the pics...and hearing about the mods!

Bet the first one is the exhaust...a wee trip to Stainless Creations???

There's very little difference between the One, Cooper and S on a run as you already know. Its the experience of driving a Mini...they seem faster than they really are I think...and are so much fun on the corners

I'm so glad to hear that you have not drifted away to a Vauxhaul Viva etc...;)

Get those pics up!!!

mark

tonyjac
2nd December 2007, 01:58 AM
all the best craig in your new car,i also bought my car over the phone not seeing it prior,i thought it a little bit of a risk but when i drove down to john cooper garage to collect it i thought i'd won a watch,best car i've ever owned not going to sell it for many a decade,probably never:),and being involved in this great club as you say only makes owning my car even more pleasurable.LONG LIVE NEWMINISCOTLAND:D :D :D :cool:

illegalhunter
2nd December 2007, 04:40 AM
Great news Craig

Colin
2nd December 2007, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear you love the new car. Now you can get back to enjoying driving instead of all the hassle. :D

Mark what are you like, polishing the car outside the dealership :eek::D

Mini Ecosse
2nd December 2007, 07:09 PM
Great news, many happy motoring miles :)
Just remember the coops always catch the S's in the corners:eek: ;)
Stephen

N12 JLK
2nd December 2007, 07:12 PM
Well done on the new car Craig ,looked cool today, mmm bullets;)
You can now bin your repeat prescription for blood pressure tablets Craig, go and start to enjoy everything MINI again, Ive ticked everything in the MINI clothing book for ma Christmas:rolleyes:

Craig
2nd December 2007, 07:34 PM
thanks for all the kind responses. :)

the bullets are the muts and SOOOO eash to clean. :cool:

the shopping list keeps getting bigger tho.... (shhh, don't tell Jude) ;)

RyanK
2nd December 2007, 07:36 PM
Good News...Waiting for the pictures!

So what have you got planned for it?

Craig
2nd December 2007, 08:32 PM
Good News...Waiting for the pictures!

So what have you got planned for it?

New Front Headlights,
New Rear Lights
18" Summer Alloys
K & N Induction Kit
Playmini Cat Back Exhaust
New Head Unit
clear side repeaters
New Headlamp Bulbs (brighter ones)
aero side skirts and rear spoiler (maybe a carbon fiber spoiler tho)
possibly a set of eibach springs
maybe a chip (bluefin or MTH)

it's a bit of a list, but it will probably take a fair length of time to get there.. :D :D

vintageb3
2nd December 2007, 09:06 PM
it's a bit of a list, but it will probably take a fair length of time to get there.. :D :D

But that's the point of YOUR Mini isn't it?...its you hobby?

Great to hear you enthused again about your car!!!

mark

AndyP & Lenore
2nd December 2007, 09:25 PM
But that's the point of YOUR Mini isn't it?...its you hobby?

Great to hear you enthused again about your car!!!

mark

Aye, and he even had the chance of some fluffy dice today, and very rudely turned them down. Arse.:D

A.:D

illegalhunter
3rd December 2007, 09:21 AM
1 Day old & the mods list is up lol

euan
3rd December 2007, 11:34 AM
Nice one, glad the new car is what you wanted!

It's always nice to get service like that, it's a shame not all are created equal.

Smurf
3rd December 2007, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear you love your new MINI Craig, looking forward to seeing the photos, and hopefully in the flesh between Xmas and New Year.

(I'm getting worried about "keeping up" on the runs now though, there's been lots of talk in various threads about how quick you can all go.... Just wait for me at lunch? Please? ;) ;) )

Simon Preston
3rd December 2007, 03:02 PM
Hi Craig thanks for the kind words ,have now joined this site after our conversation on saturday its great that you like the car and if there is anything else i can do please call
Simon
Bowker MINI

Crombers
3rd December 2007, 03:04 PM
Glad to hear you love your new MINI Craig, looking forward to seeing the photos, and hopefully in the flesh between Xmas and New Year.

(I'm getting worried about "keeping up" on the runs now though, there's been lots of talk in various threads about how quick you can all go.... Just wait for me at lunch? Please? ;) ;) )

Can I just add (for any others, who like Vaila might be a tad worried) that The Xmas Cracker 3 run will be driven at/within the speed limits permitted. As has been mentioned before, if you get in line just after the front runner you will 'canter' along just fine, it's if you are one of the back markers then things can get a little sporty ;)

Crombers
3rd December 2007, 03:08 PM
New Front Headlights,
New Rear Lights
18" Summer Alloys
K & N Induction Kit
Playmini Cat Back Exhaust
New Head Unit
clear side repeaters
New Headlamp Bulbs (brighter ones)
aero side skirts and rear spoiler (maybe a carbon fiber spoiler tho)
possibly a set of eibach springs
maybe a chip (bluefin or MTH)

Nice one mate :cool:

I take it you mean new front spots (headlights)

Remember to give me a note of the headlamp bulbs you order as I fancy a brighter set of these as well

I hope you two are gonna be mates for years :)

Craig
3rd December 2007, 06:35 PM
Crombers, the plan is to be mates for years....;)

Smurf, don't worry, the pace will be as normal, not at BS speeds, Crombers likes to keep his licence as his new career choice would be up in the air :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the kind words folks. :)

Simon, the comments were fully justified. :cool: (I have posted the Key to you Registered Mail as I won't be able to pop in tomorrow - hope that is OK)

Gismo
3rd December 2007, 07:41 PM
Smurf, don't worry, the pace will be as normal, not at BS speeds, Crombers likes to keep his licence as his new career choice would be up in the air :rolleyes: :D
Eh, what's that then :rolleyes:

vintageb3
3rd December 2007, 08:07 PM
Is Crombers going to be a snail?:confused:

mark

The Dogfather
3rd December 2007, 08:21 PM
Another dealer! and another Lancastrian?

MINI William
3rd December 2007, 08:53 PM
pleased to hear you like the new car craig.looks really nice :D

zimbo
3rd December 2007, 09:17 PM
So glad to hear everything seems to have worked out now Craig. look forward to seeing your new motor some time soon. :D Come on the mods...

Duncan Stewart
3rd December 2007, 09:18 PM
:D Great news Craig :D You canny beat a Cooper :cool:
We want photos :D

Craig
3rd December 2007, 09:19 PM
Eh, what's that then :rolleyes:

well, the last run of yours, remember my car was putting out a lot of burning smells... ;) and it wasn't because i was puffing on a cigar.. :D

Craig
3rd December 2007, 09:21 PM
sorry about no photos yet.. it looks exactly like my sig pic.. :o :D

when I have time, it's dark so hopefully get some photos up at the weekend, pretty bog standard spec, the mods have started with some bulbs changed and some new rubber mats to keep the carpets clean. :cool:

Neil and Lorna
3rd December 2007, 10:37 PM
Congrats on the new car Craig.

Excellent choice of colour.:D :D ;) ;)

Neil and Lorna.

Simon Preston
4th December 2007, 11:54 AM
thanks craig recived the key this morning, yea just give me a call when you want the mats sorting should be no problem

vintageb3
14th December 2007, 10:26 PM
sorry about no photos yet.. it looks exactly like my sig pic.. :o :D

Still no pics Craig!!!!:mad:

mark

Craig
15th December 2007, 12:14 AM
Still no pics Craig!!!!:mad:

mark

as I said, not much point, it is identical to the sig pic... :p

will maybe get some this weekend...;) it will need to be clean first tho.. none of this BS and Crombers club for me.. :cool:

Gismo
15th December 2007, 06:44 AM
it will need to be clean first tho.. none of this BS and Crombers club for me.. :cool:
Pfft, waste o time :D

Craig
16th December 2007, 10:03 PM
Had problems with my camera this weekend, also took photos with my phone, then realised I had no way to download them (really need to buy a bluetooth adapter for the PC :o ). Any way, just the one pic just now...

Pic of the front...

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/car.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/car3.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/car2.jpg

vintageb3
16th December 2007, 10:30 PM
That's better!...pics are always nice!;)

Nice car Craig...I'm sure you are enjoying it!

mark

Craig
16th December 2007, 10:48 PM
updated pics.. :D

KenL
16th December 2007, 11:06 PM
Very nice looking car, great colour that.

Will look even better when it gets a wash!

Craig
16th December 2007, 11:23 PM
it's clean now.... got washed straight after Crombers was finished doing his.. ;)

vintageb3
16th December 2007, 11:50 PM
It is nice Craig...

Nice to see what its like now...and what it will be like once you get your touches on to it.

You gonna stick an Aero kit on it?

mark

Craig
17th December 2007, 12:47 AM
It is nice Craig...

Nice to see what its like now...and what it will be like once you get your touches on to it.

You gonna stick an Aero kit on it?

mark

the aero kit is in my mind further down the line - think it would work well with the colour combo.. it's all down to cost. Need to save some cash, but I would probably just buy it primed and get it painted by a guy I know.:D

there is an aero kit on ebay for £300 primed, but it seems to be a copy rather than an original...:)

Gismo
17th December 2007, 03:29 AM
got washed straight after Crombers was finished doing his.. ;)
What :eek: Crombers mate, you're banned from the Manky Club :mad: ;)