PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Wear??

Ivano
1st December 2007, 06:01 PM
I have started to get a kind of metal grinding sound coming from my drivers side front when making left hand turns but seems fine in a straight line.. Nothing appears to be rubbing re the Suspension. Could it be that my brake pads have had it???

I have done about 22,000 miles on the stock pads and they look quite worn.. Can anyone help here with this or advise if this would cause this type of noise if the pads were worn??

Gismo
1st December 2007, 08:26 PM
I would expect the noise to be there when you brake, not when making left turns, perhaps a wee stone has gotten into the caliper somewhere.

In any case, at 22,000 miles i would be checking the brake pads, if they look worn then they probably are

Ivano
2nd December 2007, 02:11 PM
Cheers!

I am going to get them checked out to see if that is the problem...

AeroJonny
2nd December 2007, 10:54 PM
If you want to change them, I don't mind doing it ;)

Crombers
3rd December 2007, 02:47 PM
I would expect the noise to be there when you brake, not when making left turns, perhaps a wee stone has gotten into the caliper somewhere.

In any case, at 22,000 miles i would be checking the brake pads, if they look worn then they probably are

I've just recently switched my alloys over & the pads still look as if they have a good few miles left in them. I've now covered 49500 & they are the original pads from new. Am I driving like a girl :eek: :rolleyes:

AeroJonny
3rd December 2007, 02:58 PM
yes ;):D:D

Crombers
3rd December 2007, 03:21 PM
yes ;):D:D

Aw man :o ;)