PDA

View Full Version : Near Cooper S smash on A92

vintageb3
1st December 2007, 02:58 AM
I dropped off some of my gear to Crowded House in Glasgow today for their UK tour...then hung around for the show, since quite a few of my mates are on the tour.

Driving back...I reached Fife...the A92 in fact...and a wee Cooper S passed me.

I was doing 70MPH in the van...and the S was probably doing about 75MPH....so he wasn't thrashing it.

He got about 500 yards in front of me...or at least to the point where I could see his tail lights but not the body of the car.

Next thing I saw was his headlights:eek: ...then his taillights...then his headlights again:eek: ...so he spun twice...nearly three times! On the last spin...he mounted the central reservation...and his front wheels scooped up gravel. This gravel was strewn across the carriage way.

I slowed down...stuck the hazards on...and was getting ready to stop and help...when the car reversed back onto the road...and carried on as before...reaching 75MPH:eek:

I can't figure out what happened!...he may have clipped the nearside kerb...or fallen asleep....but the driver had a lucky escape.

I was expecting the car to hit the reservation...and flip over. Could have been nasty!

Car had Reg Mark RK51...and turned off at Kirkcaldy West.

Weird one!!!

mark

Sweeney
1st December 2007, 05:21 PM
Well it is the "diesel" season... :o

Had a lucky escape, was waiting on you saying the reggy began with L666 ;)

sedgie
1st December 2007, 06:13 PM
Well it is the "diesel" season... :o

Had a lucky escape, was waiting on you saying the reggy began with L666 ;)
Cheeky wee bu**er:p