PDA

View Full Version : Lewis on Top Gear

The Dogfather
30th November 2007, 06:29 PM
Lewis Hamilton will be the star in the 'previous' car this weekend. Yup, check out the Top Gear Blog

http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/087-hanging-with-hamilton/

Defo, one to watch. Set your videos, cancel your plans!!!!!!

euan
30th November 2007, 06:49 PM
Actually, he's not the star in the reasonably priced car - that's James Blunt. Which is almost enough for me not to watch!!! He does drive the previous car though, which is what all the previous F1 guys did. Which F1 boys have been on? Damon, Webber, anyone else?

See Hammond is getting to drive Alonso's 2005 Renault F1 car. That's a recipe for disaster!

Craig
30th November 2007, 08:41 PM
Actually, he's not the star in the reasonably priced car - that's James Blunt. Which is almost enough for me not to watch!!! He does drive the previous car though, which is what all the previous F1 guys did. Which F1 boys have been on? Damon, Webber, anyone else?

See Hammond is getting to drive Alonso's 2005 Renault F1 car. That's a recipe for disaster!

Nigel Mansell has also been on. :D

The Dogfather
30th November 2007, 11:24 PM
Jenson Button has also driven the Liana

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2007, 12:27 AM

Thats what Vidal said. "Previous" car.:rolleyes:

Looking forward to this one.:D

A.:D

euan
1st December 2007, 01:17 AM
Thats what Vidal said. "Previous" car.:rolleyes:

Looking forward to this one.:D

A.:D

Was just clarifying that he wasn't the star in the reasonably priced car, but would as with all F1 boys be in the Liana :D;)

I'm with you though, can't wait!!!

The Dogfather
1st December 2007, 01:54 AM
Thanks Andy, I did want to say anything as Ewan can be very picky. ;)

Ooops, I've probably said too much already, he'll probably find fault with something I said in this post as well :D

euan
1st December 2007, 08:32 AM
There is nothing wrong with being factually correct :-)

The Dogfather
1st December 2007, 08:50 AM
Have you missed it. or are you counting to ten? ;)

euan
1st December 2007, 09:16 AM

...3...4...5...;)

vintageb3
1st December 2007, 03:14 PM
Well that's decided it then...I'm going out especially to buy some paint and get ready for tomorrow night.

Round about the same time Top Gear starts....I'll crack open the tin...brush a coat on...and watch it dry.

I think that will be far more interesting than watching that prat Clarkson rip another set of tyres off of a perfectly good car.
:rolleyes: :D

mark

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2007, 04:22 PM
Well that's decided it then...I'm going out especially to buy some paint and get ready for tomorrow night.

Round about the same time Top Gear starts....I'll crack open the tin...brush a coat on...and watch it dry.

I think that will be far more interesting than watching that prat Clarkson rip another set of tyres off of a perfectly good car.
:rolleyes: :D

mark

See that's just ridiculous. You'd ruin the screen on a perfectly good telly doing that.

But if you insist, make sure you use a water base paint, so that it washes off ok.

A.;)

Burple
2nd December 2007, 12:37 AM

Oi! *I* spotted it!! :p:p:p:p:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd December 2007, 12:57 AM

Naw, he saw it, he just has trouble counting to ten since his finger was lopped off after getting it stuck pulling that last bogey out his nose.:D

A.:o ;) :D

The Dogfather
2nd December 2007, 10:08 PM
Oh my god, he did a 1.44.7 on a wet and oily track! That's 3 seconds quicker than Webber and only a tenth slower than Mansell did in the dry.

How the hell did he do it, he was singing!!!!

sh@z
2nd December 2007, 11:11 PM
Just shows his talent and car control with that time. And even the Stig wanted to know how he did it...

The Dogfather
3rd December 2007, 07:30 AM
He was as quick as Jenson Button, but when Button went round it was dry. I remember Clarkson saying that you loose 4 seconds when it's wet. They guy is a driving God..........

illegalhunter
3rd December 2007, 09:36 AM
The guys got it , even in the wet.

monkimagic
3rd December 2007, 02:23 PM
It was a good time and he is fast but all the hype...even now they are saying he will be crowned world champion next year.

History tells us than Maclaren cant keep it going for long before there is a major design fault...so we will see.

GO KIMI!