PDA

View Full Version : Going on Seacat

Mini Martyn
24th February 2004, 01:08 AM
Will this set my alarm off?

Any help would be great, not long now intill St Andrews!! 3 cheers!!

Hip hip...............

GAJ
24th February 2004, 01:40 AM
The handbook tells you how to disable the motion sensor. I don't have mine handy but I think you lock again within a few seconds.

Wul
24th February 2004, 01:40 AM
Should be fine i'd think but if in any doubt you can de-activate the motion sensors so that only opening a door will set off the alarm - lock the car with the first press of the key fob - then press again and the indicators will flash again to signify the motion sensor is now off. This setting was for people with dogs etc!

Monsta Mo Mini
24th February 2004, 01:53 AM
Leave it switched off...I mean where the hell are they going to go with it?

GAJ
24th February 2004, 03:41 AM
If you have the factory alarm it is activated by locking the doors. You can't turn it off!

lightbody
24th February 2004, 03:48 AM
Click the lock-button on your remote twice in succession and it will be disabled.

The ferry WILL set it off otherwise.

Gismo
24th February 2004, 03:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
If you have the factory alarm it is activated by locking the doors. You can't turn it off!
Sorry Gaj, yer wrang this time, as the others have said, a double press on the remotes locks the doors but disables the motion sensor :)

GAJ
24th February 2004, 04:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by GAJ
Sorry Gaj, yer wrang this time, as the others have said, a double press on the remotes locks the doors but disables the motion sensor :)

That turns off the motion sensor. I think I was the first of the others to say this!

PostedÂ*-Â*23 Feb 2004Â*: 16:40:08 by GAJ
The handbook tells you how to disable the motion sensor. I don't have mine handy but I think you lock again within a few seconds.

Although the motion sensor is disabled the rest of the alarm is still active. You can not switch it off as far as I know, only disable the motion sensor!:D

Gismo
24th February 2004, 05:00 PM
oops :I that's what happens when i get home and pretend that cause i've just done 5 weeks on nightshift i can easily change over to normal day time surfing :clown:

Mini Martyn
24th February 2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys, ill try that.

See you all soon.

Gismo
24th February 2004, 05:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn
Thanks guys, ill try that. See you all soon.Maybe the folk on MINI2 will have better answers :eek:;):p:D

evernew
24th February 2004, 08:04 PM
sorry Martin I know You called yesterday but i must have taken your mobile down wrong.
anyway the answer is as above double click the lock
regards
Alan

evernew
24th February 2004, 08:08 PM
PS enjoy the Liffy water

Big Col
24th February 2004, 11:27 PM
Hey BS. If you're back you gonna make the run on Sunday?

Gismo
25th February 2004, 12:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Hey BS. If you're back you gonna make the run on Sunday?Hmm, i've got a 6.15 check in on friday :( but, it's a very slim but, if i don't go then of course i'll be at the run :) i'll have to wait until nearer the time before i can say for sure

Julz
25th February 2004, 01:09 AM
With the sound of the weather reports, you ain't going anywhere but St. Andys!!!:D:D

p.s. Hee hee, Martyn going on the Seacat is better known in NI as the Vomit Comet!!!!!;)

minidriver#1
25th February 2004, 01:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

havent you heard of sea pirates?! ;)

Wul
25th February 2004, 01:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

havent you heard of sea pirates?! ;)

Do you get land or air pirates?:p:evil: