PDA

View Full Version : Windows with a mind of their own.

AndyP & Lenore
27th November 2007, 03:51 PM
Went out to our car this morning and found the windows had mysteriously dropped down on their own. The sun roof was closed, the car was still locked, but the drivers window had dropped fully and the passenger window had dropped by half. I was out in the car an hour earlier and everything was fine.:confused:

Anyone else had this on their R56?

A.:confused:

sedgie
27th November 2007, 05:28 PM
This happened on hubbys bmw...we parked in edinburgh came back all the windows down:confused:

Craig
27th November 2007, 05:34 PM
do you know....that is one of the faults my R56's have not had.... LOL :D :D

nope, never had this problem, although I did get my key jammed in my pocket and it opened the car all the windows and sunroof... :cool:

N12 JLK
27th November 2007, 10:19 PM
No Andy, ours was in way bacl for the driver window going down slow.

Silly question, but if you hold the unlock button does the sunroof open as well as the windows?

Craig
27th November 2007, 10:34 PM
see my post above... ^^^^^^

KenL
27th November 2007, 10:45 PM
Given that one window was right down and the other only 50%, I think this must be a fault.

This was a big problem on early R50s with the leaky BC1 unit, not heard of this on the R56 before.

If I were you, I would get it sorted asap.

Burple
28th November 2007, 12:13 PM
Given that one window was right down and the other only 50%, I think this must be a fault.

This was a big problem on early R50s with the leaky BC1 unit, not heard of this on the R56 before.

If I were you, I would get it sorted asap.

^^ Just what I came in to say ;) I had this problem with my 03 Cooper once.. You could actually stand there and watch the windows do a wee dance all by themselves :D:D Straight into the Dealer for the BC1 fix...
Hopefully it'll be something straightforward like that...