PDA

View Full Version : MCS RATTLE

MALKY
23rd February 2004, 09:40 PM
Can anybody help me.
From day one I had a rattle from my dash. Took it to the dealers. They said it was a known fault. Hydraulic pipes for power steering going through bulkhead to close together. They said they had fixed it.
After this still could here it with window down on hard acceleration.
Had its first service explauined again. They came back said it was a bolt from some cover. Still there.

Has anybody had this problem. Its this one rattle thats annoying everything is OK.:(:(:(:(:(:(

Steve74
23rd February 2004, 09:56 PM
I have had my 2004 MCS in twice for this kind of rattle. It seems on my car to come from somewhere to the right of behind the steering column/A-pillar. The first time I took it in they did something to the Steering cables and it came out with two more rattles + the original one - good job Eastern! I took it back again and I asked them to put some material between the dash and windscreen plastics - this seemed to muffle the rattles but they can still be heard around 2100 revs! I think the problem lies with the plastic which when cold seems to rattle.

Big Col
23rd February 2004, 10:16 PM
I've got a few rattles in various places in my MC. I guess that's the problem having a fairly hard sprung lil car.

MALKY
23rd February 2004, 10:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74

I have had my 2004 MCS in twice for this kind of rattle. It seems on my car to come from somewhere to the right of behind the steering column/A-pillar. The first time I took it in they did something to the Steering cables and it came out with two more rattles + the original one - good job Eastern! I took it back again and I asked them to put some material between the dash and windscreen plastics - this seemed to muffle the rattles but they can still be heard around 2100 revs! I think the problem lies with the plastic which when cold seems to rattle.

It is so annoying because I am a bit of a perfectionist I cannot understand why these things are not fixable. Seemly Steve there is a spacer that can be fitted to the hydraulic pipes to stop them rattling/touching together:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::disap prove:

MALKY
24th February 2004, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by MALKY

[quote]Originally posted by Steve74

Well I take back what I said. I went into my local dealers in Bristol
on the off chance that they might have ordered the bits that they promised. First shock was that they had and second shock was that they said they could fit them there and then so as not to look a gift horse in the mouth I said yes. 30 mins later fitted.

The spacers have worked just a small small rattle that only happens occasionally but a lot better. Recommend Steve and others who have this similiar rattle get it fixed