PDA

View Full Version : I was in @ newministuff and saw these

Scottie
26th November 2007, 12:03 AM
http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=480

with the black background looked really good. If only I still had my old Mini

RyanK
26th November 2007, 12:07 AM
Interesting, i've been wondering what they'd look like on the Mini itself. I have only saw pictures. :(

Do they look "Boy-Racer" type lights though...because I can't stand Lexus lights :p

Ryan:)

Scottie
26th November 2007, 12:10 AM
well I think the ones with the chrome background are not so good looking TBH.

However the black backgrounds look ace also you can so see the many leds for the brake light.

AndyP & Lenore
26th November 2007, 02:33 AM
They look pretty nice Fi.:D If only we still had an R53.:o

A.:D

Craig
26th November 2007, 05:49 PM
stop it Fi.... the list is already about a page of A4 long .... :o :)

KenL
26th November 2007, 07:48 PM
I fail to see the point of modding a car, unless the parts you change look better than the originals ;)

Those do not look better (IMO of course) than the original tail lights, in fact they look worse, totally after-market and cheap :eek:

Sorry, but just what I think :)

Craig
26th November 2007, 08:31 PM
well as a "modder" I feel I must respond....

I don't see why people collect train numbers and names :confused:

I don't see why people go and lie on a beach and get skin cancer :confused:

I don't see why some people are attracted to animals :confused:

everyone likes different things, thereby making a diverse world.

live an let live i say, if that is what you like, enjoy your life to the full and don't feel like you have to answer to others (unless it's illegal ;) ).

I for one will be changing parts on my car as I have done with my other minis (and it is one of the reasons I chose the car as there are so many parts available). I for one think the aftermarket headlamps (with HID Lights) and 10x better than the originals, therefore making the car safer.. :D :D ( just one thing I will change)

Scottie
26th November 2007, 08:47 PM
What ^^^^^^ he said.:D

Scottie
26th November 2007, 08:49 PM
oh and actually in the flesh the rear tail lights looked very good as I said with black background.

Also the headlight with the halo lights and projector dipped beam looked exactly the same quality as OEM ones. No they looked better TBH.:D

KenL
26th November 2007, 08:56 PM
oh and actually in the flesh the rear tail lights looked very good as I said with black background.

Also the headlight with the halo lights and projector dipped beam looked exactly the same quality as OEM ones. No they looked better TBH.:D

'tis true you have seen them in the flesh.

...but from the pics, these do not look anywhere near the quality of the original parts.

Especially the ring light things - no way will they look as cool as the ones on the 5-series when they first came out ;)

KenL
26th November 2007, 08:58 PM
I for one will be changing parts on my car as I have done with my other minis (and it is one of the reasons I chose the car as there are so many parts available). I for one think the aftermarket headlamps (with HID Lights) and 10x better than the originals, therefore making the car safer.. :D :D ( just one thing I will change)

Will they be fully legal with scooshers and auto-levelling?

Scottie
26th November 2007, 09:19 PM
Kenl I've seen many lights recently when looking to upgrade the ones on my E36 and most look crap.

However I can tell you Mike's front Halo rings headlights for the mini are very good. Mike I don't think would have anything that was not of good quality TBH.

I think your more of a standard stock OEM type of chap and wouldn't think anything aftermarket to be any good but sometimes they are.

You should see his R56 side indicator vents aftermarket upgrades they also looked very good. :rolleyes: ;)

Craig
26th November 2007, 09:36 PM
Will they be fully legal with scooshers and auto-levelling?

Yes Dad :)

KenL
26th November 2007, 09:42 PM
Yes Dad :)

Good boy :p

The Dogfather
26th November 2007, 09:44 PM
I'm a bit with Ken on this as far as changing the looks most after-market cheapens the look of the car. However these maybe an exception. But when it comes to things like exhausts and handling then I'll mod.

Although when I do I'm careful not to over do it, the car will always 'seem' standard and never boy racer loud.

KenL
26th November 2007, 09:45 PM
However I can tell you Mike's front Halo rings headlights for the mini are very good. Mike I don't think would have anything that was not of good quality TBH.

True enough, he seems to run a quality company - never heard one bad word said about him :)

You should see his R56 side indicator vents aftermarket upgrades they also looked very good. :rolleyes: ;)

That is true, his carbon fibre vents look brilliant, if a tad pricey.

The Dogfather
26th November 2007, 09:47 PM
True enough, he seems to run a quality company - never heard one bad word said about him :)

I thought somebody said he was an Evertonian :eek: ;) :D

AeroJonny
27th November 2007, 04:10 PM
Although when I do I'm careful not to over do it, the car will always 'seem' standard and never boy racer loud.

I seem to recall a rather loud Red mini cooper.

duncan
27th November 2007, 05:23 PM
I fail to see the point of modding a car, unless the parts you change look better than the originals ;)

Those do not look better (IMO of course) than the original tail lights, in fact they look worse, totally after-market and cheap :eek:

Sorry, but just what I think :)

Thats how I see it Ken. Plenty a good motor has been ruined by crashing it through Halfords Window.

The Dogfather
27th November 2007, 06:56 PM
I seem to recall a rather loud Red mini cooper.

Yes, true but the loud exhaust didn't stay on the car for that long. I ended up going for a S system which was modded to have just one back box, sounded pretty good without being too loud.