PDA

View Full Version : Diesel noise fixed

N12 JLK
24th November 2007, 09:36 PM
Our car was rare on making the diesel noise many of you R56 S owners talk of, after MarkyC got his fixed we had a chat with him and we put our car in to get done also and now runs better than ever, totally different . It sat in the garage for 3 days since we got it back and I turned it on today and it just purred the way it should, now hear this fellow Mini dealerships there is a FIX for the problem:mad: , big thanks to the dealership that fixed the noise, sorry but I'm not allowed to say who as MrC will have me.
We had a Cooper convertible for 2 days, nice car but it wouldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding, all that extra weight for strengthening ruins it.

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2007, 03:12 AM
That's interesting J. Didn't realise you were getting the diesel noise that badly. Are you getting the sound of Victoria Falls behind the dash like Craig?

A.:D

N12 JLK
25th November 2007, 11:59 AM
Andy, Lesley here. Diesel noise was not bad at all. Happened every couple of weeks when the car was cold.

Was getting the rushing water, that was also fixed. I think they drained the system to flush out the air.

Craig
25th November 2007, 08:44 PM
I find it incredible that having put my car into the same garage as Marky and Lesley/Jason, that they could not fix my diesel noise. They also failed to fix all my dash rattles.

It must have been a different tech who worked on my car :(

This seems to be the problem with service depts at dealerships, they are so inconsistent, and I have yet to find one where they are able to fix the problems first time and have the ability to tell the truth to the customer:confused: :rolleyes: :(

Glad yours has been fixed, but didn't know you had any problems as you always say it is "perfect" ;)

I will continue to search for a garage that can meet my standards... :eek: ;) (that's 3 dealers ticked off my list )

Scottie
25th November 2007, 09:04 PM
I find it incredible that having put my car into the same garage as Marky and Lesley/Jason, that they could not fix my diesel noise. They also failed to fix all my dash rattles.

It must have been a different tech who worked on my car :(

This seems to be the problem with service depts at dealerships, they are so inconsistent, and I have yet to find one where they are able to fix the problems first time and have the ability to tell the truth to the customer:confused: :rolleyes: :(

Glad yours has been fixed, but didn't know you had any problems as you always say it is "perfect" ;)

I will continue to search for a garage that can meet my standards... :eek: ;) (that's 3 dealers ticked off my list )

a long way to travel and the showroom not much to look at. But I tell you this without doubt the best BMW tech's are to be found at Calterdon Inverness. No doubt about it.

So far I have used that local dealer that I am not allowed to name who are crap. Eastern not so much.

Scottie
25th November 2007, 09:05 PM
Oh and Jason glad to hear your faults are fixed not that I knew you had faults.:rolleyes:

N12 JLK
25th November 2007, 09:05 PM
Must have done the timing also as it goes like stink now and sounds really throaty in the cab.

The Dogfather
25th November 2007, 10:21 PM
I've come to conclusion there's no such thing as a good dealer. You want good service then you have to go to an independent garage.

N12 JLK
25th November 2007, 10:25 PM
Oh and Jason glad to hear your faults are fixed not that I knew you had faults.:rolleyes:

Didnt happen all the time Fiona so wasnt bothered but I had a week off on holiday so thought I would get a Convertable to run around in for a few days but Lesley had other ideas and had me tiling the downstairs toilet so it was a waste of time. On the up side it is a different car now, sorry yours didnt get fixed Craig its a pity as it is a good car but hey you will have a car soon you will be happy with:)