PDA

View Full Version : Fliers

minidriver#1
3rd April 2003, 08:14 AM
if i may have your permission, i;d like to create flyers for the site to put on mini windows when i see em and to hand em out to their owners to come check out this site, cos the amount of people that dont know their mini etiquette is amazingly poor :P Plus, you'd get even more people turning up at meets and things...

?

knaone
3rd April 2003, 05:39 PM
Wait and see if you get your booklet about Mini Etiquette.... i did... still hardly anyone waves or flashes :(

Linda M
4th April 2003, 09:43 PM
Same here :(

Monsta Mo Mini
4th April 2003, 10:20 PM
KJ_innit - please be my guest. There does seem to be alot of MINIs in the Dundee area.

I'm looking at getting some done aswell. You can be Head of Tayside recruitment:D:D

PS : you haven't ordered your food for Sunday yet. 8)

Linda M
5th April 2003, 01:09 AM
The other day there was a MINI Cooper behind me and he drove that close (I got a bit sweaty) to read all my stickers that if he didn't get the hint he never will :D
I'm going to make some flyers too :p

Monsta Mo Mini
5th April 2003, 08:58 PM
Seeing as there are a few of you asking about fliers, I'll do a design and you will be able to download the pdf to print out as many as you like.

Linda M
5th April 2003, 10:13 PM
COOOOOOL :cool:

knaone
5th April 2003, 10:21 PM
:D

Good stuff!

knaone
6th April 2003, 12:41 AM
I just had a bit of an idea

For the fliers, you could make a dedicated page for people to click on having got a flier "Someone put this leaflet under my wiper" page, explain why we did it and give them an intro into the site?

Might be an idea?

David :p:):cool:

Julz
6th April 2003, 05:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by knaone
For the fliers, you could make a dedicated page for people to click on having got a flier "Someone put this leaflet under my wiper" page, explain why we did it and give them an intro into the site?
David :p:):cool:

That sounds like a good idea! I'd certainly keep a wodge of flyers in my car!:D

minidriver#1
7th April 2003, 04:34 AM
what font have you used on the main site logo? the newminiscotland logo...

minidriver#1
7th April 2003, 04:57 AM
http://www.newvibes.com/mini/mini.gif for my first test flier. nice simple design... took the wording from the site. what do you think? i'll do a more complex one too. This is for handing out, like size A6 (quarter size of A4) and i can do complex A3/A4 ones in colour :) i'll post those designs up too.

minidriver#1
9th April 2003, 03:49 AM
i guess the lack of reply means its pants? :'(

knaone
9th April 2003, 04:35 AM
Looks good to me, Sorry, I was waiting for Calum to reply

;):p

Julz
9th April 2003, 05:39 AM
I've yet to see it cause I think a mole has chewed through the only phone cable to Blair cause everything's going a bit slow.
Nice to have met you btw. Yes peeps, he's a real person and not a figment of the forum!! (met him in Halfords with his green mini and steered him towards the Zymol!!):cool:;)

john
9th April 2003, 07:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

http://www.newvibes.com/mini/mini.gif for my first test flier. nice simple design... took the wording from the site. what do you think? i'll do a more complex one too. This is for handing out, like size A6 (quarter size of A4) and i can do complex A3/A4 ones in colour :) i'll post those designs up too.

I have just had a quick look at it and my thoughts were .......becauce its done white on black its going to be a pain to print off and quite expensive to download heaps of them with my old printer.

Just my tuppence worth;)

minidriver#1
9th April 2003, 08:34 AM
well in actual fact, being a graphic designer, costs are the same, since they are charged by copy and not by ink used :P but its a good observation, so it may help to invert the colours and have a black and white version and a colour postcard version which we could use at promotional events. Black and white flyers for putting on cars or something. i can get a good deal on printing since i flyer dundee on a reg basis for my own site. i'll let you know what i find out. Although, i must say, unless the flyers are distributed nationally, i've only seen about 7 or 8 minis whose owners i do not yet know.

Monsta Mo Mini
9th April 2003, 05:10 PM
I've not been ignoring you KJ, just been busy.

I've got the same view as John with regards to peeps printing out their own - it'd be a bit heavy on the black ink.

As I said I'm going to do a flier (this week I hope) and it can be downloaded (hi-res pdf), that way we can keep everything "on brand" (to use designer speak). I'm not sure that going to the expense of a print run is necessary at this stage unless you are getting a very very good deal (ie freebie). What amounts are you talking and what would be the minimum run?

BTW the font used throughout is DIN.

minidriver#1
9th April 2003, 09:31 PM
aye, spose, sorry , i didnt actually think of that. lol. don't worry, i'll think of something ;)

Linda M
9th April 2003, 10:38 PM
I thought your flier was very well done KJ :cool: but I agree about the ink thing. I liked the way you'd done the NEWMINISCOTLAND.CO.UK in the grey/white/purple/white colours, we should get window stickers like that.

Monsta Mo Mini
16th April 2003, 06:02 AM
Flier artwork can now be downloaded from the Downloads section in the main site. There are two fliers set up on an A4 sheet. You'll need Acrobat Reader to open the file. Good luck!

Linda M
16th April 2003, 06:25 AM
Good work Calum :cool:

GAJ
20th April 2003, 08:24 PM
I like it! And I'm on it!
Infamy, Infamy, you've all got it in for me!

GAJ
20th April 2003, 08:32 PM
Is there a reason why you haven't put 3 fliers horizontally on A4 rather than two vertically? I think that would still fit with a decent margin all around. Or am I wrong?

Julz
21st April 2003, 04:19 AM
Ah-ha, it wasn't just me who wondered that then! Cheers Calum, BabyB is VERY happy! I've got a stack of fliers in my door pocket! I was going to put one on a mini I followed into the car park yesterday until it nicked my space!:mad:

Monsta Mo Mini
21st April 2003, 05:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Is there a reason why you haven't put 3 fliers horizontally on A4 rather than two vertically? I think that would still fit with a decent margin all around. Or am I wrong?

I was allowing for the borders required on EPSON printers and I didn't want to reduce the design any further due to the legability of the type.

GAJ
21st April 2003, 06:41 AM
I thought it must be something like that, honest!:clown:

I have an Epson printer which supposedly produces borderless prints although they haven't quite got round to writing fully featured drivers for OS X yet!

It's tough being a Mac user.

I suppose that's what happens when you are a member of a minority group. In the words of the late Douglas Adams - although Mac users make up only about 10% of computer users, it's the best 10%;)

Linda M
21st April 2003, 08:12 PM
I want a Mac but Willie won't let me get one :disapprove:

Julz
21st April 2003, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't mind a MacFlurry!! A creme egg one would do!:D:D

3GGG
22nd April 2003, 05:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

I want a Mac but Willie won't let me get one :disapprove:

Sneak round to PC World when he is away in Ireland:evil::blackeye:

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd April 2003, 06:13 AM
So has anybody had any feedback from the fliers yet...a hug as if you were a long lost relative...a punch on the nose....????

I finally got rounf to buying some ink cartridges for my printer so I'll start tomorrow.

I've noticed the number of members has slowly been creeping up over the last couple of days.

knaone
23rd April 2003, 06:22 AM
despite the load in my car i havent put any out, i aint seen any when i have been out with the car! well... they were moving! lol i am gonna keep a load in my uni bag!

*goes brg cooper hunting* :D;)

duncan
23rd April 2003, 08:04 AM
I've printed off some, but am in the same position as David, only seen them moving!

Just out of intrest, i printed out the flier on the works colour laser (HP LaserJet 4500), and it has a cream coloured background, but on my own inkjet (Epson c62) its white.

The Laser does have a habit of printing colours dark, but which one is wrong?