PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by the police

S7JGW
21st November 2007, 12:04 AM
Got stoped by the police on friday night between Keith and Banff,
they tried to charge me for driving with fog lamps on. I never had them on. It turned out that they thought my sidelights (r53 in beside indicators) was fog lamps. I then told them it was sidelights and he said there definately fog lamps and then showed him it my foglamps. He then asked why i put the side lights into the indicators and argued with me that it wasnt standard and hes never seen a car like that before with sidelights in the indicators.
He was a bit pi$$s of and then checked my car for everything, before leting me go after finding nothing illegal.
Anyone else had any experiences like this?
Jim

Gorbash12346
21st November 2007, 12:17 AM
tbh i'm surprised this is the first time i've heard of it... i've been waiting on some daft examples of traffic enforcement of this kind for ages

think we should send him a mini calender for his xmas... just in case he can't get his head round the fact that their all like that lol

unfortunately your always going to get some people like that...

should have got his number and left a polite 'thankyou' with one of his superiors

Sheilz
21st November 2007, 01:55 AM
Its tradition in the north east for coppers to take a great deal of interest in cars owned by young uns! Just hope you don't find yourself being targeted by him. Mind your speed (I know you do that anyway:cool:) and try and keep a low profile for a bit because it has been known for individuals to take a keen interest in particular motors. If you do find yourself getting stopped on a regular basis and for no obvious reason, complain. Its not to say that'll be the case but it does happen. My eldest laddie was being harassed by one particular copper in an Aberdeen suburb. He wasn't racing about, just travelling from our house to his pals. Every time this copper spotted the car Darren was stopped. The last time he did it the cop car was going in the opposite direction from Darren chasing a Jag which was going pretty damned fast but did a quick U turn and stopped Darren. Went over his car, gave him a hard time and then said 'I will get your licence etc etc'. When Darren came home I phoned Queen St and reported the copper and strangely enough he was never stopped again. While I wouldnt make him out to be an angel behind his steering wheel, by the time I made this complaint, he'd been stopped so damned often that he was feart to go as much as a mile over the limit. He was 20/21 at the time and no doubt only one of many youngsters whose licences individual coppers have taken a notion of. Be canny:cool::D

illegalhunter
21st November 2007, 02:33 AM
Typical policeman nows feck all about the law

john
21st November 2007, 03:17 AM
This was very common throughout the UK when the MINI first came out;)

The Dogfather
21st November 2007, 07:12 AM
This was very common throughout the UK when the MINI first came out

Eee, when I were a lad all this were fields.........

TBH, I think its great that they finally cracking down on 'R Souls' who drive with fog lights on when it's not foggy. When you driving along with your bum 4 inches from the road fogs reflect back off the wet road and dazzle you.

I would have thought though the fact that the bulbs are as bright as the copper that stopped you, would have made it obvious that they were sidelights.

Jim, how did you handle the conversation with him? If you were a bit cheeky, and you could argue you had every reason to be, it may have provided him with justification to check your car. If you have any reason for complaint you could ask for a written explanation/apology.k

japper
21st November 2007, 09:06 AM
Boy this cheeses me off.

Why is it they stop the innocent but fail to stop the 20-30 people i see every day with their fogs on......................arghhh:mad:

Or their lights not working, or their bumper hanging off, or their illegal number plates.

Ok, feel a little better now:)

s12cot
21st November 2007, 09:25 AM
This was very common throughout the UK when the MINI first came out;)

yup happened to me when they first came out,turned out the copper was ok... his mate had a cooper on order...

mini saltire
21st November 2007, 10:43 AM
yup happened to me when they first came out,turned out the copper was ok... his mate had a cooper on order...

Me too, the copper who stopped me thought he was John Wayne!! Pissed myself when he ate humble pie and had to apologise infront of his female partner for swearing at me!! I did drive off with my rear foggy on just for a laugh though :D :D

Ivano
21st November 2007, 01:26 PM
The Police Force is fully of curruption particularly the traffic division and i speak from experience

JCWmini
21st November 2007, 05:38 PM
That policeman was a knob, not just because he cant tell the difference between fogs and sidelights, or because he thinks mini have designed their car not to conformt to the Regulations. But because he is wasting time stopping people with fogs on, Im sorry but what a petty storm in a tea cup fogs lights cause.

You see the same people bleating on about how fogs are satins children then driving well above the limit and they drive to colse to others etc etc.

I'v come to the conclusion that he who is without sin cast the first stone, otherwise sut the feck up and talk about something useful.

:mad:
Rant over.

S7JGW
21st November 2007, 08:46 PM
Its tradition in the north east for coppers to take a great deal of interest in cars owned by young uns! Just hope you don't find yourself being targeted by him. Mind your speed (I know you do that anyway:cool:) and try and keep a low profile for a bit because it has been known for individuals to take a keen interest in particular motors. If you do find yourself getting stopped on a regular basis and for no obvious reason, complain. Its not to say that'll be the case but it does happen. My eldest laddie was being harassed by one particular copper in an Aberdeen suburb. He wasn't racing about, just travelling from our house to his pals. Every time this copper spotted the car Darren was stopped. The last time he did it the cop car was going in the opposite direction from Darren chasing a Jag which was going pretty damned fast but did a quick U turn and stopped Darren. Went over his car, gave him a hard time and then said 'I will get your licence etc etc'. When Darren came home I phoned Queen St and reported the copper and strangely enough he was never stopped again. While I wouldnt make him out to be an angel behind his steering wheel, by the time I made this complaint, he'd been stopped so damned often that he was feart to go as much as a mile over the limit. He was 20/21 at the time and no doubt only one of many youngsters whose licences individual coppers have taken a notion of. Be canny:cool::D

Had that problem when i was younger about 17/18 eventually he got me to court for something he exagerated and made something out of nothing. It went to court and one policeman told the truth and the one that had it in for me exagerated everything and was dropped due to the "Police Evidence being Unreliable". He must of got a fair smak on the knuckles from his superior officer as have not had any problems with him again.

Jim

The Dogfather
21st November 2007, 09:08 PM
You see the same people bleating on about how fogs are satins children then driving well above the limit and they drive to colse to others etc etc.

I'v come to the conclusion that he who is without sin cast the first stone, otherwise sut the feck up and talk about something useful.

:mad:
Rant over.

Seeing that I'm the one who said people who drive with fog lights are 'R Souls' would your little rant be aimed at me? You may not have noticed but in general this forum is generally good humoured so you might want to tone it down a bit. :mad: :mad: :mad:

My question to you would be, which bit of the term 'fog lights' don't you understand? I mean they are not called 'Look at me I'm a ignorant pleb and I want everyone to see the fact I didn't by the poverty spec model lights' are they?

When used in this way they are a nuisance to other drivers and the type of people who drive with them on are ignorant gits who have little or no consideration for other road users.

There are worse offences committed on the road, such as drunk driving, driving with bald tyres etc, and if by stopping the moron who's driving with fogs on and they then spot the other offence, two birds one stone.

However, Jim wasn't driving with fogs and the copper should have apologised for his mistake.

KenL
21st November 2007, 09:09 PM
Im sorry but what a petty storm in a tea cup fogs lights cause.

Like to use your fog lights then?:p :o ;) :D

The Dogfather
21st November 2007, 11:11 PM
Being a motorcyclist im glad the police are clamping down on this, car drivers need all the help they can get when it comes to seeing a bike.

Why would anyone want to make their car look like a pimp mobile anyway

Most of these chavs who have tints should have their cars taken off them and crushed..

I hope you don't mind me quoting another one of your little outbursts but you seem quite happy to praise the police when they are clamping down on other rule breakers but you seem a bit touchy about fog lights.

In wet and dark conditions when your waiting to pull out of a busy junction, it can be very difficult to see a bike when it's being followed by a car. But if you really want to make it impossible get the guy in the car to put his fog lights on.

Just thought I'd pick an example that might actually mean something to you.

JCWmini
22nd November 2007, 12:04 AM
I say again let he who has not commited a driving offence cast the first stone. :D

Deap breath everyone and relax.

And for the record I have never switched the fog lighs of the mini on. :p

Try not to take it personally the rant was not aimed at anyone particular, just a general observation of do gooders on just about every car forum out there.

The Dogfather
22nd November 2007, 03:13 AM
Following on from telling people to shut the feck up, you're dismissing everyone who's ever expressed an opinion about traffic offences/other drivers as a 'do gooder' now?

Your comment is incredibly condescending, ever thought of a career in the diplomatic service?

Burple
22nd November 2007, 10:59 AM
Following on from telling people to shut the feck up, you're dismissing everyone who's ever expressed an opinion about traffic offences/other drivers as a 'do gooder' now?

Your comment is incredibly condescending, ever thought of a career in the diplomatic service?

Or Politics?? :p:D:D:D:D:D

Big Gordy
22nd November 2007, 11:30 AM
or the Polis:eek:

AeroJonny
23rd November 2007, 07:31 AM

Looks like someone's got a bee in his bonnet! ;)

In all honesty, the posts that you've quoted look for all the world like generalisations.

And for the record...I quite often put my fogs on at night on the country roads around where I live as the standard MINI hedlamps are akin to candles! Let the public flogging begin!

The Dogfather
23rd November 2007, 07:48 AM
Well considering fogs are designed to light up only 10ft in front and to the sides of the car you would have to be traveling very slowly for them to add anything. They basically point down which is why, on wet roads, the light causes glare.

I do a lot of night time driving and there's a lot of chavs round here who think it looks cool, after a while you feel like taking a hammer to their fogs :eek: . BTW I'm not saying anyone who drives with fogs on is a chav I'm a bit more careful with my generalisations ;)

AeroJonny
23rd November 2007, 08:37 AM
I think it's a psychological benefit, as much as anything.

I'm not against driving with fogs on, but I fully accept there are people out there who can't stand it. The thing I quite honestly fail to understand is the folks out there who think it's a good idea to drive along with just their sidelights and foglights on...what's the point?????

s12cot
23rd November 2007, 09:09 AM
I think the point here is it is illegal to have your fog lights on unless it is below a certain distance of vision - correct me if i am wrong 100feet???

So the police have every right to stop & book peole with foggers on if they are getting used when they should not.

They are dangerous to other road users.....

s12cot
23rd November 2007, 09:11 AM
The thing I quite honestly fail to understand is the folks out there who think it's a good idea to drive along with just their sidelights and foglights on...what's the point?????

totally agree:D :confused: :D

AeroJonny
23rd November 2007, 04:14 PM
I think the point here is it is illegal to have your fog lights on unless it is below a certain distance of vision - correct me if i am wrong 100feet???

I think I put mine on because I'm cool ;)

The Dogfather
23rd November 2007, 04:21 PM

That's OK then ;)

KenL
23rd November 2007, 06:17 PM

Exactly :rolleyes:

But, if you are a plukey wee ned, you think it is well cool. :p

It looks even better if you are wearing a baseball cap whilst driving (another, what's the point of that :p ) that is too small for you and needs a good wash ;)

KenL
23rd November 2007, 06:18 PM

So the police have every right to stop & book peole with foggers on if they are getting used when they should not.

Well said :)

but, I think, from memory, it is 100 yards.

KenL
23rd November 2007, 06:20 PM

So I see, or at least I could see before I looked at your sig pics :rolleyes: :D

Sheilz
23rd November 2007, 10:34 PM
I had one o' these f*****rs on ma tail tonight :mad:. Got really pissed off with his neddy fogs in all my mirrors so let him past and gave him a taste o' his own medicine wie a little sumat extra thrown in for the hell of it :p. He'd enough savvy to keep back from a car wie mair lights than him after that but once I passed him noticed he had them trained on somebody else's mirrors. Eejit:mad:

stoney
23rd November 2007, 10:50 PM
i find in the mini it is very esey to have your fog on with out noticing becase the togle swich is right beside the drivers window swich i have made that mistake a few times and only seen if i have look at the radio or some thing

JCWmini
23rd November 2007, 10:54 PM

Exactly how are they dangerous:confused:

Possably only in peoples imagination.

JCWmini
23rd November 2007, 10:56 PM
I had one o' these f*****rs on ma tail tonight :mad:. Got really pissed off with his neddy fogs in all my mirrors so let him past and gave him a taste o' his own medicine wie a little sumat extra thrown in for the hell of it :p. He'd enough savvy to keep back from a car wie mair lights than him after that but once I passed him noticed he had them trained on somebody else's mirrors. Eejit:mad:

Wow, great driving bet your proud. :eek:

Sweeney
23rd November 2007, 11:07 PM
I won't get started on the police subject as ill never stop however, i have noticed the absolutel f***wits that drive with their foglights on if its raining... What don't they understand about *fog-lights*?

What has struck me as a surprise is this week on my to and from work (6:30 in morning and 6pm at night i.e. pitch black :p ) i have passed 3 cars, on different occasions with absolutely no lights on at all... Even flashing and pointing mouthing the word LIGHTS draws blank looks from them.

The Dogfather
23rd November 2007, 11:19 PM

If you actually read the posts above you'll find that I highlighted an example earlier. Unless of course you've been blinded by irate drivers flashing their lights at you because you have your fogs on?

The simple fact is that you can be fined for driving with them on, why? Because they dazzle other drivers. End of discussion.

Sheilz, spot on or should that be spots on. I've still got the scars on my retinas after overtaking you on a run whilst you still had them on ;) :D :D :D

The Dogfather
23rd November 2007, 11:24 PM
What has struck me as a surprise is this week on my to and from work (6:30 in morning and 6pm at night i.e. pitch black :p ) i have passed 3 cars, on different occasions with absolutely no lights on at all... Even flashing and pointing mouthing the word LIGHTS draws blank looks from them.

A lot of cars these days have dashes that light up all the time regardless of whether the lights are on. I think Sh!treons started the trend. I know I've owned a few :o

Gismo
24th November 2007, 12:04 AM
Personally, it really annoys me when folks drive with their fog lights on when the conditions are ok.
I don't see how having them on can assist the vision in front of the car as you should be looking up the road further than the fogs give illumination to :rolleyes:
So, for those of you that do drive with them on, what benefit do they give you??

Sheilz
24th November 2007, 01:34 AM
If you actually read the posts above you'll find that I highlighted an example earlier. Unless of course you've been blinded by irate drivers flashing their lights at you because you have your fogs on?

The simple fact is that you can be fined for driving with them on, why? Because they dazzle other drivers. End of discussion.

Sheilz, spot on or should that be spots on. I've still got the scars on my retinas after overtaking you on a run whilst you still had them on ;) :D :D :D

Oops! A belated sorry!

Sheilz
24th November 2007, 01:42 AM
Wow, great driving bet your proud. :eek:

Naw! Just bloody annoyed by the ignorant swine. And a couple of short bursts of putting on my fogs + brief flash o spots should've got the message through and still not subjecting the idiot to the incessant dazzle I'd to put up with. I dont drive with fogs on unless their needed for the purpose intended. Unnecessary use is dangerous esp if you choose to drive dangerously close to the car in front. Pity he hadnt stopped so I could've told him what I thought. Plonker!

AndyP & Lenore
24th November 2007, 02:58 AM
<<<<Opens door and peeks in. Shakes head and mutters something about yet another tints thread, while closing door softly behind him.:D

But it's a fair point though isn't it?

Front tints = Illegal
Fogs on when visibility greater than 100yds = Illegal

But at least they both make you look cool.:cool: :rolleyes: :mad:

A.;)

AeroJonny
24th November 2007, 03:52 AM
So I see, or at least I could see before I looked at your sig pics :rolleyes: :D

Hahahahahahaha....I'd forgotten all about that!:eek::rolleyes:

Oh and your description of me....down to a tee, right down to the baseball cap that's too small for my big head!:p

AeroJonny
24th November 2007, 03:55 AM
Front tints = Illegal
Fogs on when visibility greater than 100yds = Illegal

But at least they both make you look cool.:cool: :rolleyes: :mad:

A.;)

Good point well made Andy....now to find a tinting company:cool:

The Dogfather
24th November 2007, 08:06 AM
Sheilz, no need to apologise. I caught you by surprise and you quickly switched them off. But my god they're bright.

The Dogfather
24th November 2007, 09:04 AM
So, for those of you that do drive with them on, what benefit do they give you??

Alan, you're just not down with the kids, Man. You need fogs to show that you're cool. You also need the following:-
* Neons
* Mat black bonnet - no need for carbon fibre too expensive
* Loud stereo with some banging tunes, you must also have the window open even when its raining
* Lowered so much the car can't get into the car park where your mates meet as there's speed bumps
* Tinted windows so people can't tell how bad your acne is
* Seatbelt pads red or blue
* Stickers on the door listing all the parts you don't have
* Incorrectly fitted bucket seat so low that you can't see over the steering wheel
* Drain pipe exhaust either hanging off or pointing through a badly cut hole in the bumper. Only needs to be the back box
* Blue LED washer noozles
* Big badly fitting body kit painting optional
* Pioneer or alpine sticker in the rear window
* Argos sport seat covers must be either red or blue
* Badly cut out aluminum grilles

The car isn't that important but it must be a crap car with a small engine, Nova, Corsa, Punto, Clio, Fiesta etc

Please feel free to add to the list.

AeroJonny
24th November 2007, 09:37 AM
Looks like I've got a fair amount of modding to do!

The Dogfather
24th November 2007, 09:59 AM
Perhaps Santa could bring you some of these? Either that or you could ram raid Halfords ;)

s12cot
24th November 2007, 10:21 AM

Hmmmmmm let me think long and hard about this one....... because they dazzle & blind people going in the other direction or when you come up behind them.....

Yeah it's all in my imagination....... I think you need to take a rain check mate:mad:

JCWmini
24th November 2007, 11:12 AM
lols at the fog light police on this thread.

You make me laugh. :D

AndyP & Lenore
24th November 2007, 11:39 AM

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when you kill a cyclist 'cos your fogs blind him and he runs into the car in front of him.

But at least you'll look cool.:rolleyes: :mad:

A.;)

S7JGW
24th November 2007, 01:18 PM
The highway code says 200m for the front fog lights and 100m for the back fog lights.
I only use mine in fogy / very poor conditions, or when trying to get down to the lifeboat shed after the pogers gone off, think it helps be seen n get folk oot o the road.
Jim

The Dogfather
24th November 2007, 03:49 PM

Funny, you're the only one laughing perhaps you need special help.

AeroJonny
24th November 2007, 05:26 PM
Vidal...chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! ;)

Don't go attacking my homies!

The Dogfather
24th November 2007, 06:00 PM
Vidal...chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! ;)

Don't go attacking my homies!

Attacking? Hardly, I was just suggesting JCW had a weird sense of humour and that he might want to seek counseling, perhaps he's had a difficult childhood. Maybe, he was locked in a dark cupboard and as a result he's developed a fear of the dark that is localised to the first 10ft in front of his car.

Who knows...... :confused:

JCWmini
24th November 2007, 09:04 PM
Attacking? Hardly, I was just suggesting JCW had a weird sense of humour and that he might want to seek counseling, perhaps he's had a difficult childhood. Maybe, he was locked in a dark cupboard and as a result he's developed a fear of the dark that is localised to the first 10ft in front of his car.

Who knows...... :confused:

Seriously stop it, i'm struggling to breath, this is classic..

ROTFLMAO...........:D

Stewart
5th December 2007, 12:01 AM
I passed on my 17th Birthday and as in most cases never had a car. My father just let me drive his, a very powerful large car that was unusual for a youngster to buy. I used to get stopped all the time late on at night…..got to the stage the police knew the car and me.

The only problem I ever had was a prat police guy that decided I was driving suspiciously, ordered that I should go straight home, he then followed me and when I was not heading in the direction of my House tried to pull me again only mistake I had pulled into private business property. So basically they came in flashing and got told to feck off.

The police car actually waited for me to leave. It was a long wait but finally pulled again. By this time I got there numbers and division and after some law stuff hay presto a letter of apology. Bit of fun really as the last pull I had there were three cars on me.

Got to realise there are actual Police and there are key Stone Cops out there. Traffic Police I’ve never had any problems they have always been polite, just the Toy Town Police with nothing better to do.

vintageb3
5th December 2007, 05:11 AM
One of my pet hates is improper use of fog lights.

I'm sorry homies...but I like seeing where I'm going...and when some prat takes that statuary right away from me...I get pissed. :mad:

Seems to me they think its kewl to be seen with fog lights on. Maybe some homie should give them the down low in da hood that in fact...because of the dazzling effect of their foglights...they, and indeed their Burberry can't be seen at all:rolleyes:

It seems clear to me that the type of person that uses foglights when there's no need to use them...i.e. no fog...no emergency status etc...won't understand why at base level its simple bad manners to use them. It causes annoyance never mind a safety issue to other road users.

Two wrongs don't make a right....and I'm not proud of the weakness I have in my character...but do admit that if a "prat' comes up behind me with foglights ablazing I stick on my rear fogs.

I mean...if they have their fogs on...it must be time to stick mine on...right?

After all...I'm an old boy...not too aware of my surroundings at my age...so if the young chappie at the back says its foggy...who am I to argue?:D

Most of you (with a brain) will know how annoying following a car with rear foglights is?:o

8 times out of ten...the "prat" gets the message..and turns off his kewl foggies...then off go mine. The other two "prats" try and get passed me at the earliest opportunity (which can be difficult when I'm pissed off)...but when I do let them past....I stick on my foggies...and my full beam.

Seems fair to me?...No???

If a "prat" is coming towards me with foggies on....on go my foggies...and my full beam.

In short...I adopt their attitude..."As long as I can see...f^&k you!!!"

As I said....its a weakness in my character...not proud of it. But they have to realize that us other kids have the right to use the same playground.

Once had a young (also big and fit chappie) slam on his brakes and get out of his car in a fit of road rage because my lights were brighter than his.

He got back in the car quick after I got out of my buggy.

I only asked him if he was coming to see me?

Must have been the way I asked:eek: ;)

This 20 stone can move quicker than you think;) :D

I'll close with a wee joke that some of us may find funny...

Young ned chap in a Corsa...old boy in a Rolls Royce.

Young chap follows old boy into a multistory car park....which only has one space left in it.

Young guys sees the space...and drives round the one way system in the wrong direction and reaches the space just as the Roller is maneuvering to take the space.

The young guy nips into the space with is nimble wee Corsa....powers down his mobile disco...gets out the car...hits the key fob to put on his alarm...with all the flashing of lights and beeping of horns...checks himself in his wing mirror to see if his Burberry cap is still on the wrong way....does the funny walk over the the roller and says to the old boy "See Mannnn...that's waht ye can dae when yer young and agile Maannnn"

At this, the older gentleman in the roller selected first gear and floored ye olde Roller ramming the Corsa (after this point be known as "a swarm of rust flying in close proximity") right up against the wall of the car park...and took up the aforementioned parking space.

Old boy, gets out of the Roller...gets his walking stick off the back seat...locks the door...and limps over to the young open mouthed wee chappie.

Old buy intimates to the youth "See...that's what one can do when one is old and rich"

:D

mark

Peace and jazz

The Dogfather
5th December 2007, 07:25 AM
Respect, VintageB. <does clicky finger thing>

Big Col
5th December 2007, 08:18 AM
Fookin 'ell! Has someone been putting melodrama in the tea around here! They're only foglights ya bunch of keyboard crusaders!

1)VB you need to turn off the PC get a hobby!
2)JCW you need to stop winding the poor lad up! It's no fun if it's too easy!
3)Andy P you need to go reduce your sweet prices! :D

Scottie
5th December 2007, 08:49 AM
Fookin 'ell! Has someone been putting melodrama in the tea around here! They're only foglights ya bunch of keyboard crusaders!

4) BC needs to post more to keeps these guys in check.;)

Gismo
5th December 2007, 10:20 AM
I was just gonna say well done Vintage and then Big Col appears oot o nowhere with the classy knock down :eek: :D
I'm with you Vintage ;)

The Dogfather
5th December 2007, 11:00 AM
Big Col, who?

AeroJonny
5th December 2007, 04:34 PM
I'm taking credit for introducing the language of da streets to this thread!

I can't wait for the next run...I'm bringin me fogs!

The Dogfather
5th December 2007, 04:48 PM

I'm bringing a dictionary and a hammer ;) :p

JCWmini
5th December 2007, 05:14 PM

Good point, well made. :D

vintageb3
5th December 2007, 08:28 PM

Will it be foggy then?

mark

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2007, 08:59 PM

Eh? Wit? But? WTF? Erm? But? Eh?:confused: :confused: :confused:

<shakes head> How did that get in this thread?

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2007, 09:05 PM

LOL. I can see it now.:D :D

"Are you talkin' to me punk? Are you talkin' to me?"

Vintage, do you stand in front a mirror, flicking your handgun out to see how fast you can draw?

The Dogfather
5th December 2007, 09:07 PM
Its just Col, no grasp of etiquette. Good to hear he's back, I've even found a image so he can update his avatar

http://www.norrishallshop.com/images/products/104.jpg

Scottie
5th December 2007, 09:20 PM
One of my pet hates is improper use of fog lights.

I'm sorry homies...but I like seeing where I'm going...and when some prat takes that statuary right away from me...I get pissed. :mad:

Seems to me they think its kewl to be seen with fog lights on. Maybe some homie should give them the down low in da hood that in fact...because of the dazzling effect of their foglights...they, and indeed their Burberry can't be seen at all:rolleyes:

It seems clear to me that the type of person that uses foglights when there's no need to use them...i.e. no fog...no emergency status etc...won't understand why at base level its simple bad manners to use them. It causes annoyance never mind a safety issue to other road users.

Two wrongs don't make a right....and I'm not proud of the weakness I have in my character...but do admit that if a "prat' comes up behind me with foglights ablazing I stick on my rear fogs.

I mean...if they have their fogs on...it must be time to stick mine on...right?

After all...I'm an old boy...not too aware of my surroundings at my age...so if the young chappie at the back says its foggy...who am I to argue?:D

Most of you (with a brain) will know how annoying following a car with rear foglights is?:o

8 times out of ten...the "prat" gets the message..and turns off his kewl foggies...then off go mine. The other two "prats" try and get passed me at the earliest opportunity (which can be difficult when I'm pissed off)...but when I do let them past....I stick on my foggies...and my full beam.

Seems fair to me?...No???

If a "prat" is coming towards me with foggies on....on go my foggies...and my full beam.

In short...I adopt their attitude..."As long as I can see...f^&k you!!!"

As I said....its a weakness in my character...not proud of it. But they have to realize that us other kids have the right to use the same playground.

Once had a young (also big and fit chappie) slam on his brakes and get out of his car in a fit of road rage because my lights were brighter than his.

He got back in the car quick after I got out of my buggy.

This 20 stone can move quicker than you think;) :D

actually I don't find front fog lights dazzling TBH.

on the other hand using rear fogs when it's chucking down in rain is very annoying.

I wonder how the police define "lawful or unlawful use" of fogs lights front and rear.???

Do you think they can only be used when it's foggy.????????

JCWmini
5th December 2007, 09:30 PM
Do you think they can only be used when it's foggy.????????

No that would be madness. :D

The Dogfather
5th December 2007, 11:50 PM
I just learnt they have rewritten the Highway Code purely on the basis that a few chavs think its cool to have foglights on all the time. I've also heard that the MOT will be changed soon and all cars must be fitted with loud exhausts.

Cleveland Police are having a crack down on drink driving in the run up to Christmas they've been using the Foglight craze as an excuse to stop people.

AeroJonny
6th December 2007, 12:11 AM
I'm bringing a dictionary and a hammer ;) :p

To stand on??:p

AeroJonny
6th December 2007, 12:12 AM
Will it be foggy then?

mark

Probably...it's the thick of winter!

Failing that, I'll still look street ;)

Burple
6th December 2007, 12:55 AM

Oh aye.. you're sure 'biggin up your homos' :D:D:D:D:D

AeroJonny
6th December 2007, 02:38 AM
please tell me you realise I'm being sarcastic

The Dogfather
6th December 2007, 07:11 AM
:eek: You are, well I would never have guessed.

Big Gordy
6th December 2007, 09:41 AM
please tell me you realise I'm being sarcastic
That's something you'll never find on this site.......sarcasm:eek: :p :rolleyes: :D

vintageb3
6th December 2007, 10:20 PM
LOL. I can see it now.:D :D

"Are you talkin' to me punk? Are you talkin' to me?"

Vintage, do you stand in front a mirror, flicking your handgun out to see how fast you can draw?

That isn't a gun Andy...;)

I gave up looking in mirrors years ago...no room for me...and the other two guys.:D

mark

vintageb3
6th December 2007, 10:27 PM
Probably...it's the thick of winter!

Failing that, I'll still look street ;)

I worked for George Clinton...you know...Parliament...Funkadelic...last month at the Arches...and his band was full of the real deal..BIG USA BLACK MO FO guys from da hood. Lovely lovely guys...

After reading yo posts...they seem so white now...

Dat ting...it's what it is...you is right out Compton...

mark

vintageb3
6th December 2007, 10:28 PM
Its really got to the point where i don't have the foggiest...

I thank you!:D

mark

AeroJonny
7th December 2007, 05:06 AM
blood, fall back....don't make me pull out my nine and blast you fool :P

is it cos I is white? you's a bad cracker mofo

vintageb3
7th December 2007, 09:16 AM

Ok you win...I know when I'm beaten:D

mark

Burple
7th December 2007, 11:49 AM

Jeebus.. It's Dizzee-Lethal-Fizzle-Nizzle-Jizzle-Grizzle-Wizzle fo' shizzle..

:rolleyes::D:D

AeroJonny
7th December 2007, 02:00 PM
hmmm, two rappers in that foul mouthed tirade...(dizzee rascal and lethal bizzle)...stop hiding your ghetto side!

Burple
7th December 2007, 02:48 PM
hmmm, two rappers in that foul mouthed tirade...(dizzee rascal and lethal bizzle)...stop hiding your ghetto side!

Ya think I got them in there by accident?

Ok Timothy Westwood, I'll let you carry on pretending you're not white upper middle class, and you can get back to yer homos... er.. homies.

You'll be quoting Vanilla Ice at us next... :D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p

Gismo
7th December 2007, 03:36 PM
Gents, we are getting way off topic here :rolleyes:

AeroJonny
7th December 2007, 03:36 PM
I prefer MC Hammer ;)

AeroJonny
7th December 2007, 03:37 PM

Then sentence this thread to an eternity in Off Topic and Banter:p

AndyP & Lenore
7th December 2007, 04:17 PM

Word, Bro!

Sorry, couldn't resist.:D

AeroJonny
7th December 2007, 05:10 PM
hehehehehehe

JCWmini
7th December 2007, 07:17 PM
It should be once or twice only. I prefer red wine.

vintageb3
7th December 2007, 10:17 PM
Ok Timothy Westwood, I'll let you carry on pretending you're not white upper middle class

Illusion shattered:(

mark

mini_mad
8th December 2007, 08:17 PM
In relation to the initial post, it really saddens me that there are some very few individuals still in the job that are like that, now im sure everybody thats reading this will have by now been able to guess what i do hence i say 'individuals still in the job that are like that'....

The cop that you had your dealings with obv has not a clue about cars, technically minded or any common sense.

For the folk that already know me on here will hopefully understand where im coming from,for those who dont know me im mainly online at scottishmini forum as im the founder and admin on there.

Anyway i couldnt just not post on this thread due to the nature of it and also some of the alarming replies from people, i would like to point out to everybody that just because this one cop acted like this, that every other cop will do the same and so people have their 'back up' about being stopped by the police, i get stopped by the police too cos thats there and my job to do, people forget police can stop and speak to anyone they wish too on the public roads, so if you ever are stopped please dont be alarmed by it.

It might just be me because im younger and im in the job but ive never had any trouble speaking to people when im dealing with things so i purely put it down to this one cop,and yes i know a few folk have also posted similar replies about a few cops attitudes, duno about you but the amount of time ive had bad dealings with other organisations, people, including BMW i know that its been the individuals, either on a bad day or they are always like that however the majority arent the same.

I hope this reply helps a little bit for all you open minded people out there,

cheers

Neil

iain cooper
11th December 2007, 11:00 AM
I also have a habit of putting on my fog lights on dark unlit country roads.

There are so many really deep potholes on the roads in my area that you need as much light as possible so that you can try to take evasive action.

I feel that I am paying a lot of money to keep the cooper on the road and the roads departments are just not maintaining the roads to an acceptable standard anymore.

Also in my opinion re being stopped by the police, I can assure you that the police do not stop you for no reason at all, they just do not have the time.

If you analyse the situation there will be a reason why they have stopped you, possibly just using the foglight scenario as an excuse to be able to "legally" stop you.

After that, the way you respond and react to them can have a real effect on the way they view you in the future, if you know what I mean.

I've been driving for over 35 years and have had a lot of dealings with the police both on the road and in other circumstances, so feel I can speak from experience.

At the end of the day they try to keep the roads as safe as possible for all road users, not an easy job, and sometimes easy for them to come across as bolshy.