PDA

View Full Version : Should have listened to my own advice....

Craig
16th November 2007, 10:15 PM
well my wireless on my laptop had given up the ghost. :(

wouldn't get an I.P. address from the dhcp server on the router, even when I gave it a static I.P., it wouldn't talk to the router (and therefore didn't get access to the router, therefore internet)..

so I tried mucking about with the router and wireless adapter (a usb linksys one with an aerial) but it still refused to work. Borrowed the same type of device (although made by Belkin) and it worked fine, so I thought duff usb wireless device.

bought a new one, arrived today, got home and tried it. Exact same results.. Bugger. :mad:

last resort... take all the details off my router and do a cold reset. Guess what, it worked and the wireless device is working now.

So, if anyone out there wants a Linksys 54G wireless USB device (with speedbooster) for £15, then let me know as it is going spare. ;) :D

lesson learned is to always reset all equipment BEFORE going spending money on anything else... I should have listen to "The I.T. Crowd"... "have you tried turning it off and on again!". :D

The Bull
18th November 2007, 04:22 AM
Billy basics. Recycle then try it again.

john
18th November 2007, 11:12 AM
well my wireless on my laptop had given up the ghost. :(

wouldn't get an I.P. address from the dhcp server on the router, even when I gave it a static I.P., it wouldn't talk to the router (and therefore didn't get access to the router, therefore internet)..

so I tried mucking about with the router and wireless adapter (a usb linksys one with an aerial) but it still refused to work. Borrowed the same type of device (although made by Belkin) and it worked fine, so I thought duff usb wireless device.

bought a new one, arrived today, got home and tried it. Exact same results.. Bugger. :mad:

last resort... take all the details off my router and do a cold reset. Guess what, it worked and the wireless device is working now.

So, if anyone out there wants a Linksys 54G wireless USB device (with speedbooster) for £15, then let me know as it is going spare. ;) :D

lesson learned is to always reset all equipment BEFORE going spending money on anything else... I should have listen to "The I.T. Crowd"... "have you tried turning it off and on again!". :D

So really a big long story about nothing other than, you have something for sale!!:cool:

You posted in the wrong place.;) :D :D