PDA

View Full Version : Painting Side Skirts/Bumpers & Arches

cooper-chick
16th November 2007, 12:30 AM
Hey Hey Hey,

I have a mini cooper s and i am wanting to paint my side skirts/arches and bumpers the same colour as the rest of the car as they are currently black. But was just wondering if i got them painted would they look a different texture and look stupid? :confused:

and whenever i start up my car i always here like water gurgaling from the top under my bonnet - this is not normal i dont think:confused: so was wondering why it's making that noise noise :confused:

:confused: HELP:confused:

AndyP & Lenore
16th November 2007, 02:16 AM
Vicki, I'm pretty sure the preparation work for arches and other black bits includes rubbing the texture down and priming for paint, which makes them smooth like the rest of the car. We had our R53 Cooper S arches colour coded and they were smooth just like the rest of the bodywork.

The gurgling noise...... there's a few others on here who will be better placed to answer that one in more detail. Do you have a second generation new cooper s? or a first generation new cooper s?

A.

Sweeney
16th November 2007, 08:47 AM
Water sloshing about sound is air in the cooling system, it should work its way to the top under driving, so you should check the level regulary and it should need topped up in time to time

Gismo
16th November 2007, 08:52 AM
The water noise is usually heard inside the car, not under the bonnet, most likely cause is lack of water, the gurgling noise will be the remaining water circulating around the system

ajamesj
16th November 2007, 08:46 PM
:) Get a good bodyshop to paint them and they will match in perfectly. They must prep the surfaces and prime them to get the correct finish before the final top coat.
The gurgling also happened on my R53 Cooper S get the coolant checked mine need topped up now and then make sure there is no leaks at the coolant bottle was a known fault but I think you should be ok since your "s" is a 05 mdl isnt it??? :)

Speak soon and come spend some money at my work

Andy

cooper-chick
17th November 2007, 04:23 AM
Hey THANK YOU :)

Smiles all round now.

Don't you worry Andy i will be coming to spend lots of money in your shop just shortly after xmas :D

But will be popping in before hand to get some prices and see what u got for coops :p