PDA

View Full Version : sky plus

Gordons_cooper_wrks
14th November 2007, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer saved programs from the sky plus box into a laptop? there is a usb port in the front of the box but i dont know if i can transfer programs via this?

V11kae
14th November 2007, 09:31 PM
I cant imagine why not, not sure what software you would need. I download all my recordings onto a dvd through my dvd recorder.

euan
14th November 2007, 09:32 PM
I don't think you can - certainly the USB port used to be there for ornamental reasons on the older ones.

I seem to recall the easiest way is to get a cheap DVD writer I'm afraid.

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 09:32 PM
I dont have any usb ports on mine :(

I'd doubt it was for downloading content, as technically thats an open gate into file leeching etc (breaching almost all copyright laws lol). Can still be done by working your way onto the HDD which is relatively easy but i wouldn't like to think they'd make it that easy :o

Burple
14th November 2007, 10:00 PM
I don't think you can - certainly the USB port used to be there for ornamental reasons on the older ones.

I seem to recall the easiest way is to get a cheap DVD writer I'm afraid.

You're right..
I asked about that when I had mine installed..
According to the Sky engineers, there's no capability to do that. Not yet anyway..

euan
14th November 2007, 10:02 PM
I'll bet Sky have a way of enabling it for servicing etc if a box dies.

Wul
15th November 2007, 01:50 PM
yeh - it's just there to tease you i'm afraid! Check out the forum on digital spy here for more info:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/

Burple
15th November 2007, 02:52 PM
I'll bet Sky have a way of enabling it for servicing etc if a box dies.

I BET they do :mad:

AndyP & Lenore
16th November 2007, 02:23 AM
I BET they do :mad:

I bet they don't.:(

At least, not to download content from it anyway. We've had a few boxes die on us and each time when we call the support line they talk us through resetting the box as one of the first things to do - wipes the frikking hard drive. First time the lassie didn't tell me that was what it was going to do and we lost about 8 episodes of Nash Bridges. Could have shot her there and then.:mad:

A.